Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

I would not expect much for it.

Maybe a BSA, maybe up to six CB commons if they are blocker breeds and you aren't picky about which ones.

I'm running into the problem that "shimmerless" people I want to gift with my longer gens usually don't have the uncommon CBs to carry on the lineage. I can only imagine the same problem would affect trade values of certain longer gens too, unless it's someone who doesn't care at all about lineage and is happy to just have a shimmer on their scroll.

LOL Six?? The most I'd give is one common hatchie. But maybe it's because I've gifted away many shimmers with better lineages than that. However, you can definitely try asking for more and see what offers you get.

Edited by kiyoura

How much are 2nd gen PB Bloodscales worth?

probably no more than a CB uncommon (ie: Sunsong) if that. try listing it with an "All Offers Considered" tag and see what people offer *nods*

How many CB common hatchlings would be a good offer for  this Shimmer?

its a longer gen shim thats continued with a rare CB.

i have 2 lines similar to yours, only mine are 7G Bronze babys. generally i see anything from Shim swaps and messy Tins to 4 CB common hatchies offered. given yours is a 12G, i could see a fair asking price being maybe 4 CB AP hatchies.

you might want to just post "all offers considered" and leave the value in the eye of the beholder. its still a nice lineage, very good for Freezing and deadlining or for someone who just wants a silver shim on their scroll. *nods*

another option is to scroll through the Metal trading thread looking for people offering same gens as yours and just PMing them about a swap.

Edited by Red2111

Are the values of a CB Bleeding Moon and a CB Fleshcrowne equivalent? Or is it that, as I think I might have picked up from the trading threads, Bleeding Moons are a bit rarer (so, maybe 2 Fleshcrownes = 1 Bleeding Moon)?

Also, is a CB Black still worth a CB Summer?

Are the values of a CB Bleeding Moon and a CB Fleshcrowne equivalent? Or is it that, as I think I might have picked up from the trading threads, Bleeding Moons are a bit rarer (so, maybe 2 Fleshcrownes = 1 Bleeding Moon)?

Also, is a CB Black still worth a CB Summer?

I don't know. I will say when I post one of each up for trade, the Fleshcrown always seems to go first.

Even if one is worth slightly more, I'd still think 2:1 is too extreme.

2g PB brown copper? Both parents are also brown. How much would that be worth?

2g PB brown copper? Both parents are also brown. How much would that be worth?

I can usually get such breedings for free if I ask nicely, so probably one or two common hatchies if you trade for it.

How much would this future baby be worth?

That's a very specific lineage, that most people won't trade much for.

@White thanks!

Alright another question. I want to try and continue this: 8g PB Magi

How much would you guys value that? I might try going for 5g PB magis as the lowest. But not sure what people would want for them.

@White thanks!

Alright another question. I want to try and continue this: 8g PB Magi

How much would you guys value that? I might try going for 5g PB magis as the lowest. But not sure what people would want for them.

All the work put into it is just really awesome, though for anyone who trades based on the ability to continue the lineage themselves, unless they are really addicted to Magi and thus have the ability to breed a mate for this quickly, I doubt it would get very far.

Personally, I would trade a CB common/uncommon for something like this. I certainly can't continue the lineage without months of Magi hoarding, but it is very pretty and nice to own. n_n

What's the value of a 2nd gen Copper (from copper x common)? I need some of those for a lineage but I have no idea what to offer in return...

What's the value of a 2nd gen Copper (from copper x common)? I need some of those for a lineage but I have no idea what to offer in return...

About the same as cb less common (RB/trihon/crimson etc) to cb uncommon (seasonal/dorsal/nebula etc) depending on copper color and common mate needed.

if you have cb coppers, find someone who needs 2gs as well and just swap? :-)

besides that, I had not much trouble finding players to trade me coppers for basically anything. it helps to have nicer stuff to find trades faster or get more out of them - but its not really required.

Roughly can someone give me a ratio for the following CB uncommon breeds?

Tsunami, Speckle-Throated, Tri-Horn, Gold Wyvern, Red Dorsal and Tan Ridewing?

Even a rough estimation is really appreciated, I know that it should be around something like this but I want to confirm it (because it could be just my own opinion after all):

x3 Tsunami = x3 Speckle-Throated = x1 Gold Wyvern = x3 Red Dorsal = x2 Tan Ridgewing?

Roughly can someone give me a ratio for the following CB uncommon breeds?

Tsunami, Speckle-Throated, Tri-Horn, Gold Wyvern, Red Dorsal and Tan Ridewing?

Even a rough estimation is really appreciated, I know that it should be around something like this but I want to confirm it (because it could be just my own opinion after all):

x3 Tsunami = x3 Speckle-Throated = x1 Gold Wyvern = x3 Red Dorsal = x2 Tan Ridgewing?

Personally, I would say Red Dorsals and Tan Ridgewings are roughly interchangable and the 'rarest' of the five species, largely owing to the way they need to be caught (lots of false positives, or very rapid /lineage or /view page checking xd.png). Tsunamis and Speckle-Throated Dragons are also roughly interchangable. Gold Wyverns are in the middle. So something like this:

user posted image = user posted imageuser posted image + half a user posted image

user posted image = user posted imageuser posted image + half a user posted image

user posted image = user posted image + two-thirds of a user posted image

user posted image = user posted image

Of those, I'd only say the Speckle-Throat <-> Tsunami relation is relatively assured at current, though, the others like to jump about around those respective marks depending on who's foraging through Trading at the time. smile.gif

I'm looking for some opinions about what would be fair to ask for, for a holly offspring from this dragon. He's a third gen, so the egg would be a forth gen holly.

What is a CB fleshcrown worth as an egg vs a hatchling?

I'm looking for some opinions about what would be fair to ask for, for a holly offspring from this dragon. He's a third gen, so the egg would be a forth gen holly.

Hollies are pretty valuable still. I would expect that you could get at least a low-gen shimmer for it. That's what I traded for a similar gen for this Christmas.

Edited by LibbyLishly

I believe it wouldn't be worth much because you could only continue that lineage on Christmas because the Blacks are the ones that are CB. You need to be breeding into Hollies to continue that lineage.

At best I'd say 1 uncommon egg (CB). Should ask somewhere like 1 common hatchling for a trade.

I believe it wouldn't be worth much because you could only continue that lineage on Christmas because the Blacks are the ones that are CB. You need to be breeding into Hollies to continue that lineage.

At best I'd say 1 uncommon egg (CB). Should ask somewhere like 1 common hatchling for a trade.

A common hatchling for a 4th gen stair-step Holly?

Even a hugely messy, long gen Holly could get way more than that. Hollies have been one of the DC holy grails since forever, and even the growing population hasn't ruined that perception of them. And as more of the longer, messier lineaged ones get produced, the more that people are going to be keeping an eye out for really clean, tidy lineages. And that one also has the benefit of being only 2 breeds.

@ annageckos - I think that you're doing the best thing possible by putting it in your sig. That way you can catch people looking to set up early trades and those who may suddenly find themselves in possession of good trading material and decide to make a spontaneous offer.

But if you're looking for something specific, you might want to add that, because sometimes people are hesitant to make an offer when they're also unsure of "market value" for fear of being seen as insulting. Even if what your asking for seems like it may be an "over charge" it's still a ways until Christmas, so you could put that specific offer out there and see who bites and change it up later if there's no interest. I've made plenty of trades where I've paid more than something was generally seen as worth for both convenience sake and because, at that moment, I had the eggs needed and nothing else to do with them.

I have a 3rd gen Holly (this pretty boy) so I'd be interested in what I could get for his babies, too. I was thinking a 3rd gen Shimmer? Although I'm not sure. I might just gift his baby ^^

I have a 3rd gen Holly (this pretty boy) so I'd be interested in what I could get for his babies, too. I was thinking a 3rd gen Shimmer? Although I'm not sure. I might just gift his baby ^^

I think that there will definitely be people who can breed 3rd gen Shimmers who will be looking for nice Hollies, and setting up a trade early can be helpful, so I'd put the offer out there now , because there's still a lot of time to adjust based on how the market turns.

If you're willing to make a deal with someone who is in a reasonable position on a 2nd gen waiting list you'll probably have an even better chance and get more choices regarding what Shimmer line you accept.

While we're asking, I told my niece I would let her have the egg when I try to breed my two 2nd gens this year. So the resulting lineage would look like thisL

user posted image

She's not sure about trading it, but she was interested in what it might be worth. She's always weird about what she wants in trades most of the time, so I'm not even sure it will matter in the end. laugh.gif

I'd say gold shimmers/tinsels and hollies are at about the same price tag.

so some people will swap a 3g of one for a 4g of another, some will give you a CB Metal even for a 4g - but that's about the top limit you can expect.