kadoatie

Do you have a Dorkface? (v2)

The original pair of Dorkface and partner (can't remember the name just now) have lost their names!!!!

And someone already stole the name of Dorkface for a Tinsel!!!

Is this the end of Dorkface lineages???

That Tinsel is actually a Dorkface--you can see, in the lineage, it is descended from the dragons formerly known as Midas Dorkface and Shallyna'ar, so it's a legitly named dragon.

Dorkface was never the full name of the originator of the name--he was MIDAS Dorkface. Currently, there is no dragon with the name Midas Dorkface. In all likelihood, that Tinsel was named Dorkface before the pair lost their names.

I dunno if the lineage'd die, but it wouldn't need to--you can still traces Dorkfaces back to the original pair, since they're not dead just unnamed. You just need to learn the codes to verify if they're from a Dorkface ancestry instead of relying on the names.

Sad, but that doesn't mean the lineage needs to die... I mean, you could always just use the codes for the original dragons to check if a dragon really is a Dorkface or not. Wouldn't be as nice as being able to trace it back and see the originator of the name, though.

But, really, this was bound to happen sooner or later for one of the larger/more popular lineages--the originators can't very well be expected to play forever so that their dragons will never lose their names...

Edit: typing while dead tired makes you write stupid things. >_>

Edited by KageSora

As of when I was posting, that hadn't been named, wow people are quick to jump on a name when it frees up and word gets out!

But at least it's a flamingo, so that nobody who knows about the original being a gold will be fooled.

Not Midas! ohmy.gif

We made a successful effort and finally got the names restored for The Peppermint Effect. They lost their names last September. The Peppermint was picked up right away by one of the lineage members, and another member tracked down Effect, and the person who had the name very graciously returned it. Both names have been restored now, so hopefully Midas and Shally will be able to have their names restored as well. <3

And Shally. of course. *sob*

Mercifully I have a couple of short lineage ones so at least I can still SEE the original nameless ones....

But at least it's a flamingo, so that nobody who knows about the original being a gold  will be fooled.

Good point!

And a BBW hatchling has now the name Shallina'ar, probably the same owner...

Maybe also to keep the names safe for the Dorkface pair to be renamed...

I know people have lives which extend far beyond the Cave, but this is one of the very rare instances where I wish the names were permanent. Midas and Shally are truly monumental in the Cave and its history, if not in rl. While it's not fair to ask ladiefare to come back if she doesn't want to, the Cave has definitely been enriched by the presence of this lineage, and it won't be quite the same with their names swept away. Can the Cave fly a flag half-mast or something?

My shortest line is a 4th gen Sox-Dorkface, but I treasure all my silly, sweet Dorkfaces. <3

Oh no! :-( I hope the person who took the names now did so with the intention of preserving and returning them if the names were lost by accident rather than intentionally.

There are many users here who care about the Dorkface lineage, and maybe one of them wanted to save the names before someone with bad intentions takes them. That's at least what I would have done if they were still available.

Of course the other possibility is that the person hopes to trade offspring OR the dragon names for a dozen of Golds or something. (Which wouldn't even be breaking DC rules I guess.)

That is a shame. A BORING little flamingo. sad.gif

No need to be rude - flamingos are not boring! biggrin.gif

I never was a fan of Dorkfaces, but I feel sorry for the people who are and I hope the name will be returned.

Oh, this is so sad! My lowest-gen Dorkface is 6th gen and I just looked.

ladiefare was active in February - I guess Life must have gotten in the way. I hope Midas's and Shally's names can be restored.

Pity sad.gif

I like the Dorkface lineage and i have several ones myself.

Though i'll still name them Dorkface, if it's from Midas.

I just typed in "Midas Dorkface" on Google - About 144,000 results! That's far more than I expected! The Dorkface lineage is referenced far beyond the Cave. blink.gif

Edited by dragongrrl

would we just do the peition in the forums like have a vote to tally number of

'signatures' and have you type in your screen name on the thread?

It is sad that Ladiefare's dragons have lost their names. But there was a time - a few years ago now I think- that Ladiefare found someone else had named their dragon Midas Dorkface easy enough to do all you had to do was add an extra space in the name so you could have Midas Dorkface, Midas Dorkface, and so on. I know she was worried that someone who didn't know any better might mistake the false Midas Dork, for the real one.

Still we know the real ones and the codes can prove they are Dorkfaces. Midas mate was not spelled as Shallina'ar was not spelled that way, so would be incorrect anyways.

Edited by Ramica

So sad to see the Dorkface line end - I haven't exactly been a devoted fan of Dorkfaces, but I still feel this particular lineage was an important part of the game. I hope the names will be restored some day.

Aw! I hope the names can be restored, too.

Also, is this what happened to Cielatal? sad.gif I loved that name, and now the lineages just look kind of bleh with a bare-code Tinsel in the first spot!

What?!? I have 3 Dorkfaces or so, one being half Thuwed, and I want them to keep their family name! (Or whatever you would say.) TJ! Please put the original Dorkface names back!