kadoatie

Do you have a Dorkface? (v2)

Hello everyone !

Sorry for all the confusion and the panic.

I was unaware they had changed the timeline on losing names.

Midas and Shally are now properly named, The Original Midas Dorkface and The Original Shallina'ar.

Sincerely,

Ladiefare

Long story short, life got in the way.

Company sold, relocated and then I was laid off, so I've had higher priorities and yes it's my fault for not knowing the timeline for losing names was shortened but hey now they are "The Originals"....which I kinda like better, what do you all think?

Yay! Glad to see you're back and the Dorkfaces have their names again! It's fine. After all, out real lives should take precedence over our DC ones and sometimes things come up.

I still think that 2 months is too short. Real Life can easily eat up 2 months. Is there a poll (or history thread) to extend the inactivity span to 3 or 6months.

I know I've had my own "life got in the way" moments where things didn't settle for 3 or 4 where I could monitor much beyond my 2 main email accounts.

I agree. Two months is FAR too short a period of time.

Hooray! Glad to hear you're okay (though sorry about the layoff).

*gives ladiefare brownies and then goes to check on her many Dorkfaces*

(You changed Shallyna'ar's spelling?)

Heh honestly I couldn't remember if I spelled it with an "i" or a "y" lol I've been calling her Shally for so long. I corrected it.

That it sure is. I think they should change it to 4 to 6 months.

Ok y'all, who has any records of what used to be on my scroll?lol

Anyone?

I have some but sadly not all.

Any help would be much appreciated, by me and a lot of others, I imagine ;D

Glad you're ok, ladiefare (sorry about all the real life drama, though), and I love the new version of the names!

@ladiefare Nine is saving the names for you so that no one else can take them o: and welcome back ^-^

I feel like I'm opening myself to some serious lynching, but since people seem to be so distraught over this I figure I can help put some minds at ease. Or not =P

Yes, I have the names Midas Dorkface and Shallyna'ar. No, I'm not looking for bribes or any sort of trade, not looking for recognition, not looking to destroy the market value of the Dorkface name (lol?). I'm not into the whole famous-named-lineages thing-- it's not something that particularly interests me-- which is why I picked up the names in the first place. Because I won't have any trouble giving them up should the original owner return and ask for them.

So yeah, if/when ladiefare returns and wants them back, sure why not? I know I'd be bummed if I lost my dragons' names, so when I saw they were available I figured I'd hold them. No biggy, right?

By the way, you all are crazy. BBW and Flamingos are boss >=o

Edited by Elery.

Personally, I don't care for "the originals" but I'm just glad you were able to restore their names! laugh.gif Glad you're ok, ladiefare!

Ladiefare, so sorry to hear you've had Real Life issues, but I'm very glad to see you back here once again.

As to the question of the contents of your scroll in the past, you have entered the area of legend in the realms of DragCave. There are wikis and forum posts and other people's blogs that reference your best boy Midas Dorkface and his mate Shallyna'ar. A bit of Google searching will show without a doubt that Shally's name has always been Shallyna'ar, not Shallina'ar. As a quick example, from Cheese for Mice, the third post on that page, by Skweeshy, from 11/11/2011 no less:

Dorkface is a descendant of Midas Dorkface and Shallyna'ar. They had, like, a ZILLION babies omg. But apparently there's a "legend" that the owner of Midas Dorkface kept getting male gold dragons and she wanted a girl, and she said if this next gold was a boy, whe would name it Dorkface. So she did :3

Google has lots of links, so you can see that you and your dragons are not just DragCave legends, but also Internet legends as well! biggrin.gif

"The Original" is good. When it was happening, I thought naming them "The Real" would have been good, since that's what many well-known Twitter users use when someone else already had their names. Since Nine, the person who picked up the original names, is willing to let you have the names back, that is an option, but I like "The Original Midas Dorkface". Maybe you could put back the apostrophe in "The Original Shallynaar", too? Or not. It's all good. smile.gif

I also wanted to tell you about my recently approved descriptions on both Dork of Dorkface and Dorkette of Dorkface, which reference the "lost name" saga of the further adventures of Midas and Shally. While the descriptions were being approved, there were a couple of comments by the people who were reviewing the descriptions. One said ". . . I didn't know they'd been renamed with Original . . .". There was also one who recognized me, and said, "You're having fun with this, aren't you, Snave?" I think it was because of the similar description for both Dork and Dorkette. I busted out smiling, it felt so good.

Since I was there at the beginning of your ambitious quest for "A Dorkface of each dragon type," and know that the legends about it's beginning are true, as well as knowing about such things as the true split Dorkface, I'm especially gratified to have been part of the new chapter.

Again, welcome back, and know that regardless of Real Life and what is served up to each of us, there are lots and lots of people who care about you, and the dragons and legends you've had a part in creating.

wink.gif

Edited by snave

I also wanted to tell you about my recently approved descriptions on both Dork of Dorkface and Dorkette of Dorkface, which reference the "lost name" saga of the further adventures of Midas and Shally. While the descriptions were being approved, there were a couple of comments by the people who were reviewing the descriptions. One said ". . . I didn't know they'd been renamed with Original . . .". There was also one who recognized me, and said, "You're having fun with this, aren't you, Snave?" I think it was because of the similar description for both Dork and Dorkette. I busted out smiling, it felt so good.

Glad I could brighten your day, Snave! biggrin.gif

Glad I could brighten your day, Snave! biggrin.gif

Thank you! When I read those comments, I wished there was a way to communicate back to the people who left them. I really appreciated those comments, and it really felt good that people liked the descriptions. I thought about a post here, but didn't want to be accused of trying to influence the approval of the descriptions.

So thank you for letting me know it was you, so I could communicate back to you. biggrin.gif

I need to add a special message to Ladiefare

I found a cached copy of the first page of your scroll on Google. Try using "cache:http://dragcave.net/user/ladiefare" (without the quotes) in a Google search box. That shows names down to Yule Cane Dorkface. Unfortunately, only the first page was cached. I saved that page, so if you can't see it on Google I can send it to you. This should help with lots of names, but I know there are lots more.

Good luck recreating your dragon names, and let me know if you want me to send you what I have.

Edited by snave

Oh! I'm glad to read that you are okay, Ladiefare! biggrin.gif

And good luck for you recreating your dragon's names!

Edited by Sari

I need to add a special message to Ladiefare

I found a cached copy of the first page of your scroll on Google. Try using "cache:http://dragcave.net/user/ladiefare" (without the quotes) in a Google search box. That shows names down to Yule Cane Dorkface. Unfortunately, only the first page was cached. I saved that page, so if you can't see it on Google I can send it to you. This should help with lots of names, but I know there are lots more.

Good luck recreating your dragon names, and let me know if you want me to send you what I have.

If you do cache:http://dragcave.net/user/n/ladiefare/2 and cache:http://dragcave.net/user/n/ladiefare/3 you can get the other pages as well. :3

Just going to confirm that while I offered to return the names, ladiefare seems content with her dragons' new names. I'm cool with that, I mean if there's no harm no foul-- can't say I was really expecting to keep them on my scroll. I'm still willing to return them if it's desired, but for now I think I'll have some fun describing the two "imposters".

And thanks to the DC community (who know/care about the matter) for being pretty chill about this thing. I haven't gotten a single death threat; I'm happy this managed to stay quiet and contained =o

Edited by Nine

If you do cache:http://dragcave.net/user/n/ladiefare/2 and cache:http://dragcave.net/user/n/ladiefare/3 you can get the other pages as well. :3

I tried that after I found the first page, but they didn't work for me then. They do now! biggrin.gif That's excellent!

I think this brings home more than anything what an investment we each have in our dragon names. Like my Red Sox line, or some of the other names with special meaning to me, and that I'm surprised I was able to get, too.

And to Nine, thanks to you for being so cool about it, too. biggrin.gif I think it's great that you gave Ladiefare the choice to have the names back if she wanted. Such a gentle-person!

Is this a DorkFace?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/jJ6ZV

+ would this make babies more rare?

Yes, it is! If you go to the far right to a dragon named Dusk Dorkface, click on that and then click its lineage, you'll find Midas and Shally. As for rare, probably not, as the dragon is inbred and many people won't pick up inbred eggs (but there are some who will, so don't let that stop you).

I have one, a Red off the AP, view/0YTAb[/url]

-egg spam removed, please use lineage link-

Edited by rubyshoes