kadoatie

Do you have a Dorkface? (v2)

That's horrible sad.gif I mean people shouldn't have to stay in order to preserve a name, but the name shouldn't go away! At least not in this case sad.gif I can't find the dragon that took the name though, could someone link it? Or was it hidden?

The sad thing is that people lose interest or RL gets in the way. Hopefully whoever took the name has done it as a favour to ladiefare. If she comes back she has a lot of renaming to do. blink.gif

Someone took the name on a Flamingo hatchie. Shame...

That's horrible sad.gif I mean people shouldn't have to stay in order to preserve a name, but the name shouldn't go away! At least not in this case sad.gif I can't find the dragon that took the name though, could someone link it? Or was it hidden?

It isn't hidden, no. It's a CB flamingo - and by comparison to a historic gold - that IS boring.

I have some lovely flamingoes - but this is so wrong sad.gif

hopefully the flamingo is just protecting the name....I know I have a vamp that is named qESx is midas dorkface to help remind me.

would we just do the peition in the forums like have a vote to tally number of

'signatures' and have you type in your screen name on the thread?

i don't know, maybe we could have it as a poll and people vote to have name returned and send TJ the link to show him how many people want the names back.

-merging with the Dorkface thread-

I'm guessing the flamingo Midas Dorkface was named shortly after this thread's creation. *facepalm* < I had planned on posting this in the SD thread but it got moved

Well, I guess it's not surprising that it happened. I mean, Ladiefare was a long time player and y'know, stuff happens.

This is why I really wish TJ will implement the suggestion that allows names to be kept on dragons (even if the user has been inactive for 2 months) until someone tries to name their dragon with said name.

ETA:

i don't know, maybe we could have it as a poll and people vote to have name returned and send TJ the link to show him how many people want the names back.

I never understood the whole Dorkface craze, tbh. So naturally this seems a little extreme to me. :P I know it sucks that someone has swooped in during the moment to grab a significant name but technically they got it fair and square so it would be unfair to even try have TJ strip them of the name.

Edited by Varekis

I never understood the whole Dorkface craze, tbh. So naturally this seems a little extreme to me. tongue.gif I know it sucks that someone has swooped in during the moment to grab a significant name but technically they got it fair and square so it would be unfair to even try have TJ strip them of the name.

Well, according to brairtrainer post just above, the name has been taken by another dorkface thread, who i would think are doing in the hope that former Midas can have his name returned.

Well, according to brairtrainer post just above, the name has been taken by another dorkface thread, who i would think are doing in the hope that former Midas can have his name returned.

Yeah, I know. :P I meant like, yes the name has been taken but just because the dragon is "famous" doesn't mean we can just go on and pester TJ about restoring it. The Dorkface line is known but Midas was still a regular dragon. Giving one dragon exemption and not the others (say one of the past returning members complained about wanting their names back) doesn't seem really fair or efficient, does it?

@ Fuzzbucket: I just had a look and you thought the flamingo choice for Midas was bad? Shallyna'ar is a BBW. XD ... well. That could potentially narrow down the candidates for her name grab. *goes to holly contest thread* jk :P

EDIT: Smileys must die.

Edited by Varekis

Yeah, I know. tongue.gif I meant like, yes the name has been taken but just because the dragon is "famous" doesn't mean we can just go on and pester TJ about restoring it. The Dorkface line is known but Midas was still a regular dragon. Giving one dragon exemption and not the others (say one of the past returning members complained about wanting their names back) doesn't seem really fair or efficient, does it?

I can see what you mean, but his isn't the former users, this would be a group of people who feel that that name should be Kept on that line

I can see what you mean, but his isn't the former users, this would be a group of people who feel that that name should be Kept on that line

Midas and Shally are SPESHUL.

It would be like TJ handing this place over to someone who didn't choose to log on and ALL those Thuweds going under. Just - not acceptable !

I DO hope it's true about the thread trying to save the names.

Edited by fuzzbucket

The really odd thing about this is that just last night I switched a dragon's name (and description) from I DO Have a Dorkface to I did Have a Dorkface, and it was because the mother had been killed and the lineage lost. I had no idea it was going to be anticipating the loss of the names from Midas and Shally. sad.gif

Pity the "lack of activity" window can't be expanded.

If it's only 2 months, that seems a bit short - medical issues or birth of a new baby, say can easily impinge for a good 2 months.

Maybe TJ could expand to 3? (Many sites allow 6-12mo of inactivity before wiping)

I do smile.gif you can vie the Lineage here and up until a few days ago Midas and S'hallinaer (sp?) still had their names sad.gif bummer...

Edited by J'Adore Julez

This makes me very sad. I do hope the names can be restored. And I hope ladiefare is okay.

I do not think the lineage will die, even without the names because it has just grown too big for that and there are too many people who love the Dorkfaces. At least Midas and Shally still live, even if they are now nameless.

I hope TJ can change the rules or make an exception! I'll still be keeping Dorkface on any new ones I get, but it's really a shame to not be able to see a name on Midas. New users will never be able to understand the Dorkface lineage now xd.png

Omai. I just got a 3rd gen Dorkface White, and then the Dorkface name gets removed . blink.gif

I hope ladiefare is okay too, and I wish the names were still there. But I don't think TJ can do much about it. Someone's already nabbed the names Midas Dorkface and Shallyna'ar and put them on a Failmingo hatchie and a BBW hatchie blink.gif.

If Midas + Shally don't get the names back for whatever reason, this will probably just be added to the lineage's history and perhaps make it even more impressive.

"Once upon a time, there was a Gold dragon named Midas Dorkface; he was named like that because (old story), and the name became famous. Then one sad day he lost his name... but it will be carried on forever by countless dragons named after him."

(Just trying to find a less negative view on things. Does it work?)

And someone will make a "I was here before Midas Dorkface lost his name" badge. tongue.gif

I don't know ladiefare, but I wonder what can keep someone away from DC for so long, and hope it's not something bad. :-/

So we spend a long time searching for a dork face, trading valuable eggs for them, and the names get removed? I just hope it doesn't effect their value any. I don't have one yet, but it's always been on my wishlist to get a low gen. dorkface.

Why would anyone want to steal their names anyway? We'll just have a bunch of imposter dorkfaces running around Dragon Cave. unsure.gif

Edited by Zephyrgirl

So we spend a long time searching for a dork face, trading valuable eggs for them, and the names get removed? I just hope it doesn't effect their value any. I don't have one yet, but it's always been on my wishlist to get a low gen. dorkface.

Why would anyone want to steal their names anyway? We'll just have a bunch of imposter dorkfaces running around Dragon Cave. unsure.gif

Well hopefully, the users who grabbed their names, are just keeping them safe for when, or if, Ladiefaire comes back to us.

Well hopefully, the users who grabbed their names, are just keeping them safe for when, or if, Ladiefaire comes back to us.

Yep, let's hope. Atleast it's not the same breeds as the original Midas and Shally, so that might help alleviate confusion.

Edited by Zephyrgirl

Another vote here for holding these names so they can be restored to Ladiefare. It's just not the same if Midas and Shally are not the original dragons sad.gif

Aw! I hope the names can be restored, too.

Also, is this what happened to Cielatal? sad.gif I loved that name, and now the lineages just look kind of bleh with a bare-code Tinsel in the first spot!

I am really sad to see that Midas Dorkface X Shallyna'ar lost their names. sad.gif It's going to be difficult to continue lineages without people being skeptical about the originators...unless they know the codes of course.

@ Kelkellen- I'm fairly certain that Cielatal's owner got his scroll burned.