wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

If you search for members on the forums, click "members" (upper right side of the forum header), type the name, and - important! - change the drop-down thing from "Search All Available" to "Name contains". If you search for "All Available", it only checks for people who are actually online, I think - or it's simply bugged, but that one never works.

Here you go: charlottekay62's profile

hi there ... and many thanks for your kindness and time.

hmm ... thought I was following this thread ...oops sad.gif

I know charlottekay but she has been out of reach for hours and hours ..

did not know Kuro's full name so I tried members but ... no joy

Justie has finally surfaced .. computer problems ... so I can now "gift"

I really appreciate your help ... truly

still get lost in here ... but I keep trying (everyone's patience lol !!)

Bred a mate I needed for Christmas.... without checking to make sure I had space >.< Hopefully whoever finds it will be kind enough to return it to me.

Just... ugh. I knew I was waiting for an egg to hatch, but when they finally came off cooldown, I got so excited I forgot to think.

Bred a mate I needed for Christmas.... without checking to make sure I had space >.< Hopefully whoever finds it will be kind enough to return it to me.

Just... ugh. I knew I was waiting for an egg to hatch, but when they finally came off cooldown, I got so excited I forgot to think.

I know how wretched you must be feeling ..

Shall keep an eye out for your wee one ...

I was fortunate enough to have my Nebula returned ..

so do not give up hope ....

Temporarily rename the parents something like 'Please return to hydrargyrum'.

I know of a few people who have got their eggs back that way.

I'm sorry, I think I have everyone on this thread beat. Unfortunately.

I became a member of DragCave at the end of November....2008. Guess who didn't log in on Christmas because nothing ever happens on Christmas. I don't remember ever seeing any notifications, either.

Yeah....I missed out on getting first gen Hollies. And I seem to be one of the very, very few people still around from then. My eldest son and husband were also members then. Between us we could have 6 first gen Hollies. They also still play occasionally.

So, not only did we miss out (and my lowest Holly is 6th gen), the whole community is missing out since we would have been breeding them still.

Always upsets me this time of the year. And it's not like there's anything I can do about it.

Actually, hollies were very hard to catch (or so I heard), and there was a scroll limit of 1 way back when. So, you "only" missed 3, if you'd have been able to catch them at all. wink.gif

Still, I feel for you.

I'm sorry, I think I have everyone on this thread beat. Unfortunately.

I became a member of DragCave at the end of November....2008. Guess who didn't log in on Christmas because nothing ever happens on Christmas. I don't remember ever seeing any notifications, either.

Yeah....I missed out on getting first gen Hollies. And I seem to be one of the very, very few people still around from then. My eldest son and husband were also members then. Between us we could have 6 first gen Hollies. They also still play occasionally.

So, not only did we miss out (and my lowest Holly is 6th gen), the whole community is missing out since we would have been breeding them still.

Always upsets me this time of the year. And it's not like there's anything I can do about it.

I've been around on the main site since 2008 as well, and IIRC the dragons that dropped in that year were the Yulebucks, not the Hollies... unless I am seriously mistaken. I understand that missing a CB limited release is a thing one can be quite upset about, but I wanted to point this out just in case it helps a little wink.gif

I've been around on the main site since 2008 as well, and IIRC the dragons that dropped in that year were the Yulebucks, not the Hollies... unless I am seriously mistaken. I understand that missing a CB limited release is a thing one can be quite upset about, but I wanted to point this out just in case it helps a little wink.gif

I'm pretty sure you're right. My first X-mas was Snow Angels and I joined in 2009, so Yulebucks were definitely the 2008 X-mas dragon.

I was around in winter 2008, but ARGH! I was pretty new and didn't even know about christmas dragons ... or valentine's day dragons! The first I found out about the two holidays I missed was when people had interesting eggs after 2/14.

Edit: to clarify, I could have had CB yulebucks and CB val '09s, if I didn't suck so bad.

Edited by toyofubl

I just noticed that male Tangar dragons are standing upright... I've always thought they were sitting or something. xd.png

Hollies were 2007, Yulebucks 2008, Snow Angels 2009, Ribbon dancers 2010, Butterbutts 2011, Wrapping Wings 2012, Solstice 2013, and Mistletoe 2014.

I knew about the Cave in 2007, and even saw the Hollies on someone's forum signature (a dog forum), but I didn't join until late 2008. Even missed out on the CB Vamps dry.gifsad.gif

Not making screenshots of my Silver lineages - that was pretty stupid of me.

Also - I thought I had enough CB Autumns, so I didn't hunt for them when they dropped like commons. And now I realized I have too few of them, but I don't see them in the cave anymore.

Edited by Gealach

Thought I bred a perfect checker with an awesome code only to realize that the parents were siblings! *headdesk* Hopefully it still looks cool, right? happy.gif;

Thought I bred a perfect checker with an awesome code only to realize that the parents were siblings! *headdesk* Hopefully it still looks cool, right? happy.gif;

Breed a sibling of that one next Halloween and continue the inbred lineage that way wink.gif Like this: http://dragcave.net/lineage/hpbE1

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Also - I thought I had enough CB Autumns, so I didn't hunt for them when they dropped like commons. And now I realized I have too few of them, but I don't see them in the cave anymore.

cool.gif

re CB Autumns ... they still show up in Abandoned Cave

got my last 2 CB from there

wish I could DO a screenshot ..

I forgot about a fogged egg that I wanted to neglect, and it died. :/

biggrin.gif

just got a CB Autumn

for you

if you still wish one

1. Not grabbing CB eggs from the original Cave before the Biomes showed up. I was a softy for the AP eggs because they were abandoned. (Stray/abandoned animal effect. Yeah, I know they are pixels, but still!)

2. Not grabbing enough Frills to make at least one family of them before they were discontinued... even though it would have been a rather mixed one of Cave Birth, Clean and Inbred... O.o...

3. Not joining the Forum in the beginning. (I've had bad endings with forums, so some of that played into my leeriness of joining... people are really nice on this, though!) I never thought about things like lineages, inbreeding and such. I know now. I have a lot of inbreeds. O.O...

4. Not remembering the special releases and events for Holidays... the busy seasons... they really can make you forget such events. (Then again, a huge trauma occurred for me the year that started my whole hiatus... dry.gif ) Oh, what I missed out on! T-T So sad...

A lot of these things really couldn't be helped, though... unless one can see into the future and shiz-nit... Sigh. sleep.gif

I keep auto-abandoning eggs for a lineage project. Whhhy am I so dumb?

I traded a GoN (when they were tradeable) for a CB Silver. And yes, it was brilliant... if I could ever Summon a new GoN to replace it.

Except even if I could Summon a new GoN, I will never have the bragging rights to say I owned a GoN before most.

rolleyes.gif

I keep auto-abandoning eggs for a lineage project. Whhhy am I so dumb?

rolleyes.gif

biggrin.gif

not dumb !!!

DETERMINED !!! tongue.gif

you must know Justie !! giggle tongue.gif

ninja.gif pssst ... I do the same thing for different reasons ....

cool.gif

I traded a GoN (when they were tradeable) for a CB Silver. And yes, it was brilliant... if I could ever Summon a new GoN to replace it.

Except even if I could Summon a new GoN, I will never have the bragging rights to say I owned a GoN before most.

rolleyes.gif

biggrin.gif

what a predicament !!! wink.gif

decisions ... decisions !!!

guess it seemed like a good idea at the time (don't they ALL !!) sad.gif

I still cannot catch another one either ... whimper

cool.gif

biggrin.gif

what a predicament !!! wink.gif

decisions ... decisions !!!

guess it seemed like a good idea at the time (don't they ALL !!) sad.gif

I still cannot catch another one either ... whimper

cool.gif

It was a great idea at the time because I didn't want my GoN. But now that GoNs have neat stuff going on with them, I actually want one now. I would love to do a cycling lineage between the Avatars of _________.

I was gifted a 5th gen blusang, perfect checker with silvers, and somehow I managed to breed a matching unrelated silver the next day. They grew up, I excitedly just bred them, and was happy to see that they liked each other. Only it was the wrong blusang dry.gif I completely forgot about the other one that just grew up. Usually I don't name dragons till they prove they like their mate. That backfired on me today lol. Here's hoping he likes the other girl as well.

ohmy.gif

I did it again .... grrrr

having abandoned my month long relentless hunt for a CB Silver (the altered appearance no longer being sleek and elegant )

I turned to a Forest Xeno as the object of my obsession (needed for my song)

so .... as I have no WON'T POWER ...

have instead acquired 2 dinos and a chicken. rolleyes.gif

hmmmm

and by a mere sideways glance

missed the two Xenos that did appear in the last 12 hours ... sad.gif

dammit .... stupid ... but SO love to steal .... wink.gif

cool.gif