bbik

The Allure of Neglected Dragons

Thanks so much Agrona and bbik for getting the site back up and functional. I hope it is truly fixed. This is the third day it has worked without a hitch for me. I see the number of people using it again is climbing. Let's hope it is up to the test.

Been working without issue now for me! Thanks for getting it back up. Definitely my favorite hatching site.

Thank you bbik and Agrona for getting the site back up! I hadn't realized how many views my dragons got from your hatchery until it went away. Never miss the water 'til the well runs dry...

It's been working fine for me, no problems in a couple of days!

Edited by purpledragonclaw

I'm adding my voice to the chorus of "Thank You!" I was starting to freak out without AoND's lineage viewer. xd.png

Not seeing any problems now. *hands bbik and Agrona flowers*

I'm so glad that the site is working again! I really missed it. Thank you! biggrin.gif

It's working! Hooray! biggrin.gif

Thanks!

Thank you for your hard work. This is my favourite site and I really missed it.

Is it just me or is the clock messed up for everyone. The face of the clock seems stuck at about 10:55 and it says PM Thursday. It is now 1:26 PM on Friday DC time. Wherever there is a digital readout of the time on the site, that seems to be updating correctly.

It seems messed up for me as well.

I was also wondering when the scroll stat banners would be working again (or do I need to recreate and reload ?).

Great job. Everything's working fine for me, even the refresher works again for Chrome. Makes things more easier biggrin.gif

It's working for me on my moblies (ipad, itouch) and on my labtop with Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari. All of those work smile.gif

So thank you!!! I missed this site so much!

Site is working fine for me too.

Thank you very much for all the time and work you put into making this work. I missed the site. smile.gif

Edited by DragonNighthowler

[The clock] seems messed up for me as well.

I was also wondering when the scroll stat banners would be working again (or do I need to recreate and reload ?).

Oops! I forgot all about the signature banners! They should be working again now. Thank you for pointing that out.

As for the clock, I'm not sure why it's not seeming to remember to update properly, but a hard refresh (Ctrl+F5) fixed it for me. It's not supposed to be caching anything (and that's the only reason I can quickly think of for why it'd be "stuck"), so I'll have to take a closer look at that, but at least there's a workaround in the meantime. Right now, it's bedtime.

Oops! I forgot all about the signature banners! They should be working again now. Thank you for pointing that out.

As for the clock, I'm not sure why it's not seeming to remember to update properly, but a hard refresh (Ctrl+F5) fixed it for me. It's not supposed to be caching anything (and that's the only reason I can quickly think of for why it'd be "stuck"), so I'll have to take a closer look at that, but at least there's a workaround in the meantime. Right now, it's bedtime.

Thanks smile.gif My banner is back and the hard refresh fixed my clock.

Thanks smile.gif My banner is back and the hard refresh fixed my clock.

Awesome that it works fine now - BUT - my banner is back and shows me with no adults etc, the correct number of eggs and hatchies, for a total of 12; I have a gold trophy and it shows me as locked. So, um - there is something rather odd there....

Edited by fuzzbucket

Awesome that it works fine now - BUT - my banner is back and shows me with no adults etc, the correct number of eggs and hatchies, for a total of 12; I have a gold trophy and it shows me as locked. So, um - there is something rather odd there....

Is your scroll (or rather, the adults) hidden? If so, then the API doesn't provide information on them, which means the banner code only sees your growing stuff -- and thereby assumes you have so few dragons that you have no trophy at all. If that is not the case, I'm not sure, and will have to look closer later.

Oh, so happy to see that the website comes back again wink.gif

This is my most favourite fan site for dragons.

Good news for a new week smile.gif

Is your scroll (or rather, the adults) hidden? If so, then the API doesn't provide information on them, which means the banner code only sees your growing stuff -- and thereby assumes you have so few dragons that you have no trophy at all. If that is not the case, I'm not sure, and will have to look closer later.

No but it seems to have sorted itself. Maybe when you fixed it it took its sweet time to get them all done. But that's interesting - if my adults are hidden, it doesn't know what trophy I have ? Odd - as you get your info from the API, and the CAVE knows !

GREAT to see it all working again biggrin.gif

But that's interesting - if my adults are hidden, it doesn't know what trophy I have ? Odd - as you get your info from the API, and the CAVE knows !

The cave knows a lot more than it gives out via the API, and trophy level isn't something it gives out directly. You can check out more about the API here if you want. smile.gif

I'm assuming the banner code uses the "user" action of the API, which returns data for all of the given user's dragons (as long as they are unhidden). By counting the number of adult and frozen dragons, it can then determine which trophy you have. Since the "user" action doesn't require any authentication from the user whose info is given, it can't give info on hidden dragons without making them effectively unhidden. So it only gives the visible dragons' data, and the banner code can only assume those are the only dragons the user has.

The API doesn't show things that a normal user cannot see as well. So, the API cannot be abused to get around a user's personal display settings.

The API also doesn't seem to know about any of your badges - although that would be a cool website tool, a general listing of how many holiday events you already participated in and which ones you missed!

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Thank you so much for getting the site back up and running in perfect order! It's been hard to work with AoND, and I greatly appreciate all the work that went into fixing it. smile.gif

Thank you for keeping in touch with us throughout the troubleshooting process, as well. :3

Hi bbik,

I am very glad the site is back up, but I seem to be unable to remove an egg from ER after it has been placed there. I have tried fogging it and that does not help. When I unfog it is still there.

Can you advise?

Thank you. smile.gif