bbik

The Allure of Neglected Dragons

If this isn't torture I don't know what is. I can see the lineage viewer and I can input the data, but every time I submit it tells me it's too laggy or still down *cries* I can't wait till AoND is back to properly working order!!

It took some persistence, but I finally have babies on the site again! Even if access is erratic, I am so happy to be able to use it again! <3

Earlier today, I was able to add some hatchies to the site, but now, it is unable again to connect.

Would pictures help document that there's a problem? I tried to add my scroll and failed. Took a screenshot. I'll upload and link if it would be any help.

ETA: I clicked home on the site after posting this. It tries endlessly to load. I can't click the stars to help clean the ER's.

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

i see a few dragons on the site.

i tried to add mine and it said it couldn't connect. i am glad it works for some ppl.

i honestly hope they figure it out, cuz i do use more than just the daycare. no other site seems to have the other components so i really miss it.

Tried to add my scroll earlier and couldn't. Considering how random it feels on whether or not you can add/do anything on the site, it kind of feels like a routing issue between the site and DC. But I don't know about that kind of stuff to know for certain.

Adding and maintaining my scroll works for me.

Trying out lineage view on two of my own dragons also works.

Trying out lineage view on two of my girlfriend's dragons also works.

Trying out lineage view on two of Maef's dragons (...er, <3) also works.

Loading up my girlfriend's or Maef's or Tweekypie's scroll also works (don't worry, I didn't add any of their dragons happy.gif I just wanted to see if the scroll would load up).

I'd continue trying to break it to see if I can contribute some info on the delineation, but I've run out of people I know that wouldn't mind the poking. xd.png I do, though, wonder if the issue is per-scroll (though I have no idea why it would be; even if they're stored on different servers, there's no real reason for the API to refuse you on a backend-server basis).

Very mysterious. Good luck! *really hopes AoND will be back soon* <3

Yep, no more connectivity ...

Bleep, it seems I just caught a hole in the wall - just removed a few old ERs biggrin.gif

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Would it help to know if someone in a different location can add my scroll even if I can't do myself?

I don't mind if someone wants to try to add my scroll. I'm home to monitor it for the night.

Is there any chance it has some weird regional blockages going on? My access is random, while others seem to have no access, or others still with unlimited access.

I'm in California, if that helps.

ETA - And it seems I can't add my newest dragons right now.

Edited by dragongrrl

Just tried ERing a dragon for a friend. got a 500 error and now am looking at the 'cannot connect to dc' message when I asked it to read my scroll again. So, definitely still spotty.

Edited by calankh

I'm in Maryland in the US and it seems to be working for me. smile.gif

Cheers!

C4.

Just my 2 cents that I am getting the "too laggy" message when I try to add a scroll. I will keep playing around to provide as much info as possible.

Is there any chance it has some weird regional blockages going on?  My access is random, while others seem to have no access, or others still with unlimited access.

I've noticed that as well. It's odd. huh.gif

I'm in Minnesota and I get the "Failed to connect to Dragon Cave. Either DC is too laggy, or it is down. Please try again later." message when I try to add my scroll or remove hatched eggs/grown hatchlings from ER.

EDIT:

Spelling fail

Edited by arenee1999

Or time-based. I'm getting the "Failed to connect to Dragon Cave. Either DC is too laggy, or it is down. Please try again later." message now, too. Curious, curious.

I think it's sporadic--I could add my scroll and remove ERs last night, but I'm getting the "Failed to connect" message now. I'm on the same connection I was using before, so that's not it. I'm in California too, in case there is a regional thing going on.

Tried again and still failed to connect.

This is really weird. I can click on the dragons in the view and bring up their view page in the view page, but I cannot remove dragons, or add my scroll. I get the 'failed to connect' message.

I'm in southern Nevada, btw, if that helps narrow things down like a possible routing issue.

It seems pretty random. I could get in earlier today and it seemed to work fine for an hour or two, but now it is not working for me. I am getting the Failed to Connect message.

Site loads ok for me.

However, when trying to enter my scroll, I got this;

Failed to connect to Dragon Cave. Either DC is too laggy, or it is down. Please try again later.

Which is pretty much what's been happening ever since it went down.

Tried to get my scroll statistics. Got the same message.

Not working for me.

Edit; I'm in Spain. (just in case that might be relevant somehow)

Edited by DragonNighthowler

I can access the site, its working for me. I wonder why it is not working for numerous other people?

Edited by Lamp