dakota1431

Naming, after parents.

My scroll is littered with many dragons who follow their parents names... and I find that the offspring gets to continue the honor. I do enjoy that a lot. I find it amusing when people make sentences with each new dragon (if I could find it, I'd post it). I have one somewhere that starts out with just a few words and continues for a few generations to make a complete sentence and then some.

My scroll is littered with many dragons who follow their parents names... and I find that the offspring gets to continue the honor. I do enjoy that a lot. I find it amusing when people make sentences with each new dragon (if I could find it, I'd post it). I have one somewhere that starts out with just a few words and continues for a few generations to make a complete sentence and then some.

Like this? I got this dragon as a trade and I had to continue the naming!

Like this? I got this dragon as a trade and I had to continue the naming!

OMG this is my other lineage! smile.gif I love the names of the babies of this one, too. smile.gif

THis one is nice, the lineage is a song(and much longer now) but i found that i like this:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/uAEqd

Named after my beautiful Ambellina(part of the same project as the above)

http://dragcave.net/lineage/k9d2s

Same project, different name.. Still named after my babies

http://dragcave.net/lineage/vCjOC

Awwww named after my Skyrim stripe!

http://dragcave.net/lineage/ksLdB

http://dragcave.net/lineage/HgmuJ

I just love it when people name their dragons after the parents! I do the same!

OMG this is my other lineage! smile.gif I love the names of the babies of this one, too. smile.gif

laugh.gif Too Funny. I love love love the naming of that lineage!

A long time ago, I bred a Black egg and tossed it into the AP as a gift for anyone stalking it. The result was this.

Incorporates both the father's name (Shadowflight) and the grandfather on the mother's side (Kuthian of the Onyx). The dragon also has a child containing the name Nilrasha- a Bright Pink (Queen Nilrasha) that was on Shadowflight's side of the family, cut off by a deadline due to inbreeding. Shadowflight, Nilrasha, and Kuthian all belong to me, so I thought it was neat. smile.gif

Lots of lovely people have named their babies after my dragons c: One person even put my name in the name! I love it. It always makes me smile.

I've been gone a long time, so all my dragons got unnamed... and I've been doing a bit of this in reverse. Naming dragons after their children. laugh.gif I know at least some of them had been named after their parents in the first place.

I hope that the breeder did not want to use that name for themselves one day, as it's their main naming scheme for all PB dragons they do breed every week. wink.gif

o.o I didnt even think about it I just figured the breeder would be glad someone continued it. should I change it?

I've been gone a long time, so all my dragons got unnamed... and I've been doing a bit of this in reverse. Naming dragons after their children. laugh.gif I know at least some of them had been named after their parents in the first place.

That is really quite ingenious. I'll have to remember that if I ever leave the game again.

I've done that too! Sometimes, for children who were originally named for their parents. biggrin.gif

I'd forgotten their original names. The children's names really helped me out.

I love doing this and get v. annoyed when people don't continue the names! For example, take my 'Illumina' lineage. I found a Bluna egg whose parents were called Arc Illumina and Haeyon Illumina. I named it Crystal Illumina and bred her with a Sunset whom I named Rufus Sunset Illumina. Their egg I gave to my friend, and when it grew up she called himCaerulus Undae Illumina ("Light Of Blue Waves"). From then we've both bred a fair few Illumina blunas, including Zodiac's PyCees Illumina whose father was from a line of dragons called PyCees. I also have an Electric dragon called Spark de Devildom because his parents were called 'de Devildom' biggrin.gif

Edited by dracopenguin

If the parents aren't mine, then I always name the offspring to follow their names... with two exceptions. If the lineage is really messy, then I'll just give the baby whatever goofy name I please, and if the parent's names incorporate the scroll owner's (ex: Bob's Red or something), then I'll readjust the names so that they don't contain the username directly (in this example, I might name the offspring Bobbing Scarlet or something)

If the parents aren't mine, then I always name the offspring to follow their names... with two exceptions. If the lineage is really messy, then I'll just give the baby whatever goofy name I please, and if the parent's names incorporate the scroll owner's (ex: Bob's Red or something), then I'll readjust the names so that they don't contain the username directly (in this example, I might name the offspring Bobbing Scarlet or something)

Same here. I once picked up a PB Swallowtail from AsheraAshtoreth's scroll. Her dragons were named Swiftsoul Ashera and Swiftdrak Ashera, and I wanted to make mine match. I didn't want to stick just "Ashera" on as a surname since that's what she uses for her dragons, but I named my baby MM Swiftwing d'Ashera. ("of Ashera", I think. Is that French?) Her children won't carry on the d'Ashera part, but it reminds me where the pretty dragon came from. biggrin.gif

(MM is the prefix I use for all of my dragons. It's my initials.)

Edited by Dimar

I have one of your offspring, I Eat Names. <3

biggrin.gif that's awesome!

That was my favorite of the names of that pair's offspring.

(Pssst... breed him...)

If someone gifts me something I usualy name it after the parents as a small thank you. When I see the offspring of my dragons named after the parents it makes me fell all fuzzy inside. :3

biggrin.gif that's awesome!

That was my favorite of the names of that pair's offspring.

(Pssst... breed him...)

Thank you! The parent names made naming the offspring so obvious to me. biggrin.gif

(Seeing your suggestion, I renamed a couple of CBs, bred them to create a possible mate, and the egg auto-abandoned. I'll keep working on it and...) xd.png

I feel very flattered when someone continues using my family names or uses part of a name. I'll usually throw in a bit or two if the parents have a continuing family name or theme or something. My Tinsels are all like that (golds have names ending in 'In Sin', silvers have names ending in 'Inextrica', and my bronze's name ends with 'Cayvyn'). I love doing that if the parents have silly names.

I also got a hold of this geode and couldn't resist: http://dragcave.net/lineage/cGLTc