Dr. Paine

Description comments

I've never posted here before but I can't resist sharing a few of my descriptions and their current comments xd.png

My Cheese Dragon: Cheese Avenger

The grand and mighty Cheese Avenger can be seen saving the world and defeating the bad guys around the clock without taking any breaks. He leads an action-packed life and aims to keep crime rates down by locking the guilty away in cheesy prison. Until these bad guys are proved guilty in Cheddar Court they can be kept tied up in cheese string. The Cheese Avenger stops every so often to give talks to the public about avoiding a life of crime in hopes of bringing about a crime-free world someday. This dragon's greatest weakness are teeth, the very same teeth used to take bites out of his body. On hot days the Cheese Avenger can be seen melting which is a major problem for this young superhero dragon, but he can recover quickly in the fridge. Crime beware for the Cheese Avenger is always near.

Responses so far:

Accept: Assemble smile.gif -H

Accept: And do the guilty simply eat their way out of prison?

Accept: this might be my favorite description ever

Accept: Just as funny as your paper dragon. ;D

Accept:

Accept:

My Paper Dragon: Justice Paper

The Justice Paper strikes without warning and aims to take down crime everywhere. He is able to fold himself and flatten himself in order to catch the bad guys. They cannot hide and they cannot outrun him. Justice Paper enjoys writing down the names of his targets on his body so he never forgets which criminal to take down next. Despite his skills he is still at the mercy of his weaknesses. He burns easily, falls apart when wet, fears scissor-wielding opponents and blows away on windy days. He is well known for leaving a mark on his victims which is a paper-cut in the shape of a holly leaf. Criminals should fear the wrath of the Justice Paper.

Responses so far:

Accept: So, Zorro as a paper dragon, then.

Accept: this is great ~klin

Accept: "fold and flatten himself" having two "himself"s in that close of a space is redundant. (But this description is hilarious, I love it)

Accept: oh no paper cuts. That'll teach 'em xd.png

Accept:

Responses after fixing description:

Accept: biggrin.gif I bet he easily beats criminal stone dragons biggrin.gif -H

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: this. is. amazing. ~klin

Accept: Love it.

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: Fantastically, amazingly, stupendously awesome. ~D

Not as great as some of the other descriptions and responses on the thread but I felt like sharing these ones anyway.

Edited by 666akatsuki

Crigg used to be part of an organization of scientifically-minded dragons, but left due to creative differences. He didn't want to have to learn several widely differing fields when only one appealed to him, and it bothered him that most of the members generally seemed to have no idea what they were really talking about. Crigg now has a workshop in an unused tower, for convenience as much as for privacy. His research concerns flight, and the windows and height of the tower make it perfect for testing parchment gliders. His field of interest might seem an odd choice for a winged creature, but Crigg has always felt slightly sorry for mints, humans, and other ground-bound creatures.

Accept: I love you mathcat -H

Accept: too many science discovery organization descriptions, eh? ~klin

Accept:

Accept: Marry me?

Accept: Awesome, Mathcat! ~D

Edited by Mathcat

@Mathcat: You always get awesome comments when all of us are in the channel, eh? laugh.gif

(Editing to reply to herk below me, so I don't spam the thread.) And I was like YAYYYY!

Edited by Dimar

The chat proves pretty productive for description ideas atm:

MLP Pegasister:

Pegasister is a great detective, maybe the greatest one in the whole clan, for whenever there is a mystery no dragon can solve, when something vanishes or a hatchling is harmed and no suspect can be named, Pegasister knows exactly who did it.

The cult of psychpathic algae have been her bane her whole adult life and since they are so good at hiding themselves and their nefarious deeds, no single dragon suspects them - except Pegasister of course.

Got:

Accept: Yes, you've got to watch those tricky algae every minute.

Accept: very nice ~klin

Accept: Ooh I'm dying XDDDDD ~Em

Accept: Herk... i cannot... type cuz im laughing so hard... have i ever told you... ich liebe dich... heiraten mich bitte... ~D

I said Yes biggrin.gif

Edited by herk

I love putting descriptions into the queue when there are reviewers about:

Ceri Foriu:

Foriu was a sickly thing. After hatching late, she struggled to keep up with the hatchlings her own age, as she was small and often ill. Mothers clucked and shook their heads, attributing her illnesses to her weak parentage. As she grew up, though, a slow and steady transformation took place, and she grew into a strong, healthy dame, beautiful as beautiful can be. She seems oblivious to the attention she gets, and she is perfectly willing to wait as long as she pleases for the right male to catch her eye.

Accept: Nice smile.gif -H

Accept: Nicely done.

Accept:

Accept: Fine.

Accept: Tis beautiful smile.gif

Accept: Much better! Hi, klin! ~D

*blows kisses*

As do I, klin! biggrin.gif

Prank was born during the time of the great Thing where all the caretakers came together to exchange their stories. While she was a wee hatchling, she heard Lagie exclaim several times that prank was not a verb, strongly emphasizing the not. Some delving onto the dictionary established that prank, indeed, was a verb, it just didn't mean what most people and dragons thought it did. Prank decided, though, that she liked the original enough to choose it as her name, and now goes around telling uneducated Misfit Pygmies and others that 'prank is NOT a verb'.

Accept: You made me giggle Lagie - luckily it didn't result in a coughing fit this time biggrin.gif -H

Accept: An uphill battle with that lot, though.

Accept: Love it biggrin.gif

Accept: I love you, Lagie. smile.gif ~D

Reject:

And clearly the random rejecter is about this evening!

Thanks, guys! smile.gif

This little dragon was the first ever Forever Young enchanted by the Prophet of Twilight. At first, she feared casting such magic would render the young one depressed and longing for an adulthood that would never come, but little Ilquips quickly eased her fears. He became as fierce as any adult of his kind and seemed to revel in the fact that his small statue enabled him to go where bigger dragons could not.

Among the other Forever Youngs, Ilquips views himself as the most powerful and the bravest, making him the leader. So far, the others have not questioned him, though no one knows if it is because they fear Ilquips or if they just don't want to hear him complain about following the lead of someone else.

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Abstain: Kimd of a Gary sue. "Bravest, powerful and best leader."

Accept: Not bad. smile.gif ~D

Methinks somebody didn't notice the 'views himself as' bit. tongue.gif Also I am just darn excited that I SEE WORDS WITH THOSE ACCEPTS AND SUCH.

A pending description for a Split

Shadoth the Nomad is so named because she is, well, a nomad. She lives in one place only so long as there's a plentiful supply of food and will travel across continents and oceans if necessary to find food. This sounds innocent enough except that her favourite food is roast knight, which she eats like lobsters after roasting them in full armour with her flame. Eventually however the knights of a particular kingdom (or kingdoms) decide that bravery is one thing, suicide is another and so she must move on to a more ignorant kingdom. Then, when she becomes a mere legend used to frighten children into eating their vegetables, she will return to that kingdom and her reign of terror.

Reject: "Nomad" means never living in only one place, moving from place to place constantly.

They do so to follow a food supply so I'm not sure about why this got a reject

Edited by Chaos Rider

Sir Robin (also known as The Brave) has some very strange ideas. He tells tales of fearsome beasts known as "Moderators" that stalk the woods at night, crushing the dreams of young dragons that think they are clever and funny. He says that these "moderators" do this because they are driven by a blind rage caused by the fact that they have lost the ability to distinguish between parody and art theft. Sir Robin has taken it upon himself to exact revenge on these heinous (although fictional) hell-fiends, and will stop at nothing to passive-aggressively make them pay for the unjust deeds they did to him in ages past.

Accept:

Abstain: 'they did-> they supposedly did' and decide if you want to say moderators or Moderators - otherwise, well I think our mods are awesome, but to each his on ;) -H

Accept:

Reject: Not sure about this one. Well written, but I'm not sure that baiting the volunteer mods is a good idea.

Accept: Ehehe. Nice. "extract" should be "exact", though. :)

Abstain: "passive-aggressively" being the key here. I don't think it's a good idea to bash mods - in a description nonetheless - just after the huge effort they have put in, working through the backlog.

Accept: Hehehe.

Accept: This is hilarious. I love it!

Accept:

Reject:

Accept: brb...dying XD

Reject: I'm guessing no.

Accept:

Just to be clear though, I don't actually hold anything against the mods. Maybe I did when I wrote this, but it was mostly a joke. The sentiments expressed in the above description were for the purposes of a joke, and should not be taken seriously.

I was one of those 'abstain' comments...to be clear, I thought it was quite funny but didn't know if you were serious. I'd been through a few already that were quite clearly written in direct retaliation to something the mod(s) did that they disagreed with.

Sir Robin (also known as The Brave) has some very strange ideas. He tells tales of fearsome beasts known as "Moderators" that stalk the woods at night, crushing the dreams of young dragons that think they are clever and funny. He says that these "moderators" do this because they are driven by a blind rage caused by the fact that they have lost the ability to distinguish between parody and art theft. Sir Robin has taken it upon himself to exact revenge on these heinous (although fictional) hell-fiends, and will stop at nothing to passive-aggressively make them pay for the unjust deeds they did to him in ages past.

Accept:

Abstain: 'they did-> they supposedly did' and decide if you want to say moderators or Moderators - otherwise, well I think our mods are awesome, but to each his on wink.gif -H

Accept:

Reject: Not sure about this one. Well written, but I'm not sure that baiting the volunteer mods is a good idea.

Accept: Ehehe. Nice. "extract" should be "exact", though. smile.gif

Abstain: "passive-aggressively" being the key here. I don't think it's a good idea to bash mods - in a description nonetheless - just after the huge effort they have put in, working through the backlog.

Accept: Hehehe.

Accept: This is hilarious. I love it!

Accept:

Reject:

Accept: brb...dying xd.png

Reject: I'm guessing no.

Accept:

Just to be clear though, I don't actually hold anything against the mods. Maybe I did when I wrote this, but it was mostly a joke. The sentiments expressed in the above description were for the purposes of a joke, and should not be taken seriously.

I don't believe you stuck around long enough in TLQ to actually get an answer, but I think this deserves to be read:

When you have to ask, you should probably wait to calm down before doing anything. Why not edit your original description? It'd probably be a more productive use of your time to PM a mod (me) and work out how to get it approved/gain a better understanding of why it ended up rejected.

It doesn't really sound like I'd be offended if you wrote that description, but it does sound like you're trying to offend me. I'm not going to say you can't do it, but I'm just going to point out you were unsure enough to have to post a question where you describe your own description as passive-aggressive, and I do think that's a sign you should probably write the description but wait a little while before submitting it. ^^

Whether I am actually offended or not doesn't enter into the equation because I don't think it's right of me to moderate on personal feelings, anyway. But I think it's pretty silly to (purposefully and actively - you admitted that) take passive-aggressive action against a mod and then say that it's a "joke". If it were a joke, it wouldn't be passive-aggressive. ;3

~

My own description on an albino named Comma Splice:

Many dragons in the clan have a problem with Comma Splice. He often interrupts others by shrieking during some important interval in telepathic conversations. This can make the conversation confusing, as dragons will have to stop and pause to regain their train of thought and then remember what the heck they were talking about in the first place. Comma Splice doesn't mean to be rude to others. Frequently, he just doesn't realize that he is interrupting and is usually just searching for attention for something he thinks is important. His flair for the dramatic can overwhelm other dragons, but as he was never really taught proper manners when he was young, other dragons cannot really blame him. They try to educate Comma Splice rather than getting angry or shunning him. However, education progresses slowly; Comma Splice is a stubborn dragon with ingrained habits that are simply hard to break.

Accept:

Accept: So, do you approve your own descriptions?

Accept: This is a nice description, I like it a lot. wink.gif

Accept: I'm sorry. I lost my train of thought...

Accept: Is that why he's called Comma Splice? xd.png

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: *dies laughing* I should have guessed that this was yours, Socky. <3 ~D

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

=D

(Haha, Lagie - I was totally thinking about doing one like that for you! You handled it much better than I, though. More clever. x3 )

So I've been half-waiting so people could get comments and half-busy - the test I've been talking about really is finally due soon, so I've been working on it, but I hope I can review tomorrow (so save comments that you want!). <3

Ah, I figured the mod(s) looking at descriptions took a break. I do like reading comments.

Humans who observe dragons wrote that mint dragons are the most peaceful, but others who studied white dragons wrote about their peacefulness as well. Now, it's common knowledge that both breeds are generally pacifists, but having read some of their books, Multigrain thinks the humans should be decisive. That just means having pointless arguments with strangers, which aren't even arguments because they usually go, "Hey. You agree mint dragons are less pacifisticker than white dragons, I bet. 'Cos we're not vegetarians. Yeah." And then the strange little Thuwed would mosey away before his target can protest his use of "pacifisticker".

Accept: You made me giggle biggrin.gif -H

Accept: Nice! Only comment: put the last period inside the quotation marks.

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Reject:

Accept: D'aww <3

Accept: Interesting. ~D

Accept:

(So which dragon breed is more peaceful? tongue.gif)

Ninja Dargon is the offspring of an infamous Golden Wyvern, who reportedly slipped under the radar, past the tight security measures and into a 'CBs ONLY' zone, when he was really a second gen. Her father has now been blacklisted from the region, and Ninja Dargon remains permanently aware of her father's shameful act thanks to her name. Although her father's elite ninja skills have been passed on, Ninja does not like to use them or even acknowledge their existence and instead prefers to be nicknamed 'Carrot', and sometimes 'Potato'. She is being encouraged to use her ninja skills for 'that which is morally right', however, and has the code name 'Ninja Carrot' and sometimes 'Ninja Potato'.

Accept: You made me giggle biggrin.gif -H

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: Sometimes a carrot...sometimes a potato xd.png

Accept: I really cannot express how much I love this. ~D

Edited by rampaging wyvern

Fantomasis leads the Fantomasy Guild, a fun, small roleplaying group among dragons. He is the GM, or gamemaster, and is in charge of keeping track of the dragons' creative story lines and the characters they play. His most common character is a Magi dragon like himself, a powerful magic-user that focuses on overwhelming his enemies with sheer magical power. When Fantomasis isn't roleplaying with his group, he is no more special than any other Magi in terms of magical power. He can get irritated easily, especially if the Guild is indecisive and delay their bouts of imaginative fun. Because he has the power to banish the other dragons from Fantomasy, the group tends to fear him and easily bow to his will. Fortunately, Fantomasis is a very fair and respectful administrator of the group, and won't use this fear to get his own way in the group's roleplays.

Accept: Rocks fall, everyone di-- er no. A good GM? That's a rare find. Nice work.

Accept: such a great idea

I had such a laugh at the first one xd.png

Celeste is a member of the Fantomasy Guild, a small role playing group of dragons. She isn't very friendly with the other dragons, but she remains in the guild due to her adoration of and skill in role playing. Her character is an almost silent, but powerful female red stripe dragon that is skilled in battling with tooth, claw, and horn. This character can make decisions on a whim that may alter the course of the entire role play, much to the guild's chagrin. When Celeste isn't role playing with the others, she spends her time digging deeper into her owner's cave, searching for gemstones. Her breed eats these gems, and the guild's two hunters unfortunately only bring back meat and vegetables and plants. If she is satisfied with a meal and isn't role playing, Celeste loves to get her sleep.

Accept: I first read "owner's cave" as "owner's grave". ><

Edited by Aquenee

Accept: I love you mathcat -H

Accept: too many science discovery organization descriptions, eh? ~klin

Accept:

Accept: Marry me?

Accept: Awesome, Mathcat! ~D

I never saw that one in the pile. Wish I had! Love it!

Here's one of mine:

All was silent save for the slow, rhythmic sound of the never-ceasing waves rolling up on the shore, washing over the feet of a lone dragon silhouetted against the vast brilliance of the starry sky. His tail slowly swept the sand as his mind drifted freely thousands of miles away among those beautiful points of light, casting strange shadows against his wings. Constellations came from their places to walk beside him, weaving trails of stardust behind their glittering paws. And she lived once more--- the starry form of the one he had loved. There Tohalath soared, drifting in pure fantasy with her at his side once more. Until the sun's blazing rays rose and the stars retreated, his fantastic adventures becoming only dream in the daylight. The Tsunami hung his head and opened his wings, lifting himself over the beach as the dull reality of day took over. His tracks at the shore were slowly washed away, as they were every night when he came to gaze at the stars.

And for comments, I got:

• Accept: --- is at least one - too much wink.gif -H
  • Accept:
  • Accept:
  • Accept: Fine.
  • Accept: Physical descriptions are underrated <3
  • Accept: Beautiful! ~D
(Not sure what was meant by the first one, but the others really made my night. smile.gif) Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

I think that herk was saying that 3 dashes was too many, and it would be better with 2.

And she lived once more--- the starry form of the one he had loved.

Sorry, we couldn't find any descriptions for you to check. This probably means that there aren't very many descriptions left that you haven't checked already. Refresh and you may see more.

GASP! The mods are working too quickly!

Whenever people learn about My Bonnie's name, they would often sing "My Bonnie Lies over the Ocean" because coastal waverunners probably do just that. Unlike some dragons and humans with unusual or embarrassing names, she would cheerfully sing the song with them.

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: Very cute, tabs! ~D

Accept: Argh, now the song is stuck in my head.

Bwahahaha! I love giving people earworms. biggrin.gif

Edit:

Moderator Reject: I don't think the song fits the time period. D: How about a play on words? My Bonnie Flies over the Olive Dragon? (Trying to think of something clever, but I'm not ver good at it. D: )

Aw. I chose "My Bonnie" because there's nothing in the song that could be out of the time period, even if it's a young song. I'm going to try that description again later. C:

Edited by dirtytabs

OK so I got quite a few:

When Constantin first met the human caretaker Herk he immediately adopted her. Although he was shy around strangers their shared love for stories about space chickens, brave hairy-footed short people and knights fighting with swords formed out of pure light formed an instant bond. Now every time one of them - be it Pygmy or human - discovers a new story, they share it with the other knowing that no one else in the clan will appreciate it quite the way the other one does.

If they don't have new stories to share Herk teaches the young Pygmy riddles and mind games about numbers and logic and Constantin takes to it like a fish to water.

got:

Accept: Nicely done.

Accept: that is adorable. ~klin

Accept: every time is two words, not one, m'lady herk! smile.gif

Accept: Love it smile.gif

Accept: Yay, LoTR reference! Ich danke Ihnen für mich zu heiraten! ~D

after re-submit

Accept:

Accept: The Comma Police like this so much they decline to add commas.

Accept: a bookish pygmy would be my best friend. ~klin

Accept:

Constanze is a small dragoness with huge ethical standards. She easily judges acts as right or wrong and declares them to be good or evil. It would be annoying enough that she knows no moral greys when it comes to stealing, lying, etc. but in fact she assigns her moral verdicts to absolutely anything. "Raisins are EVIL - poor tormented grapes," "Sneezing is GOOD," or even "Dividing by zero is EVIL!!!"

got:

Accept: What about PRUNES, man!? Don't you think they're just as, IF NOT MORE tormented than them grapes because MORE of them's in pain!? -T

Accept: This description is GOOD.

Accept: Sneezing is bad!

Accept: Hi Herky. You have no idea who I am. >:)

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: Don't divide by zero!!!!!!! O.O ~D

Accept:

Connie is unusually bold for a Nilia and tries to make friends outside of the other Pygmies, but every time she meets someone new, her shyness and nerves will let her blurt out the most un-complimentary compliments, like: "You're really bright - for a Drake," or "You're really nice for a Wyvern."

Needless to say Connie isn't too successful in finding new friends.

got:

Accept: Snicker!

Accept:

Accept:

Abstain: It seems like a giant run-on sentence: maybe say *other Pygmies. But, every time.... And aww, I feel sorry for her. She's like me. smile.gif ~D

Trouble always makes up elaborate plans to trick, con or simply annoy other dragons. But as they say, the best plans are simple, and so Trouble fails again and again, always getting himself into trouble.

got:Accept: Comma police! smile.gif "But, as they say, the best plans are simple, and so Trouble fails again and again, always getting ..."

Accept:

Accept: But not prank. Oh no, he would never prank as a verb. *say, *again and again, ...i like commas too much ~D

I need loads of help from the comma police biggrin.gif

Mike lived a pretty sheltered life as a hatchie, resulting in him absolutely believing in the fundamentally good nature of all dragon- and humankind.

He's honest, truthful and decent and he would never, ever take the easy way out if there was a RIGHT way to do things.

While Mike is a good dragon to have around and a splendid role-model for the hatchies, some of the other dragons find his absolute insistence to always play by the rules to grow quite annoying.

got:

Accept:

Accept: I would find him to be a refreshing soul. ~klin

and after resubmitting telling how he could see Mike being annoying - but I lost that sad.gif

Cuffed to a Fallen Angel:

It's a kind of running joke among the dragons of his clan that the Hellfire Wyverns are surely fallen angels, since they are generally well-mannered and nice, thanks to their unusual up-bringing. But since they have joined the clan their eggs surely must have fallen down to earth.

Cuffed came to the clan at the same time as Ruby Lilim and both Hellfires are inseparable. Although to most the 'fallen angel' bit is just a joke, as far as he's concerned it's true - at least it is true for Ruby. Cuffed does his best to prove himself worthy to his chosen mate.

got: Cuffed to a falling Angel: Accept:

Accept:

Accept: Upon seeing the name I think, "Lagie?" Then I realize it's yours, Herk. xd.png Love this!- Hawk

and another HFW named 'I just fell for the company' got a: I heart these dragons.

and lastly (for now)

Hakobu is a friendly and upbeat dragoness. Very upbeat. She doesn't even communicate normally but always sings all her messages to joyous melodies. While she sings to others telepathically she even hums an acoustic counterpoint and prances and dances around in the air to a very specific pattern.

It has even happened that other dragons joined in the dancing, creating an elaborate, beautiful choreography.

No one knows how this works exactly, but Hakobu wouldn't have it any other way.

got: Accept: I love it. I am humming this comment RIGHT NOW.

Accept: *joyous This made me think of a dragon flash mob... very funny. smile.gif ~D

Then she was accepted but I had to resubmit, because I noticed another typo and now my Musical dragon has:

Accept:

Accept:

Reject: The word "dragon" is like the word "dog"- it is the name of a species. It's androgynous. You don't call a female dog a "dogess", so don't call a female dragon a "dragoness". It is not a word.

Dear commenter - yes I can, use dragoness (or even dragonesse) I have many dragons approved like that. I'm not even the only one (I picked this up from another reviewer, because I liked it). Your example doesn't make sense or we weren't allowed to say tom-cat or wo-man as both are variations of the neutral word for the species (cat and man), just because it doesn't work for ONE species doesn't say we can't do it for others wink.gif

Constable Visit is a low-ranking member of the Night Watch, although he actually mostly patrols during the day. He is a well-known nuisance who gets on most dragons' nerves. This is a result of his obsession with worshipping a being he always refers to as Om, who most dragons regard as simply being a figment of Visit's imagination; this would be fine in itself, if only Visit could refrain from trying to persuade other dragons to worship Om too. This he commits his whole life to, constantly appearing in other dragon's caves to tell them to 'see the grace of Om' and suchlike. His full name is Visit-the-ungodly-with-righteous-messages because of his annoying habit. Why he was signed up to the Watch is anyone's guess, although some suspect that the leader of the Watch, Commander Vimes, did it simply to get Visit out of under other people's feet and also protect this hapless White dragon from being attacked by irate dragons who are fed up of his preaching.

•Accept: biggrin.gif I always love to see Sir Terry - ones -H

•Accept: Go away, man. I don't want anymore pamphlets. -T

•Accept:

•Accept:

•Accept: Nice job! ~D

•Accept:

Hahaha, the best thing about this thread is we all comment on each other's descriptions wink.gif Is '-T' TVTD?

Also, I've reviewed MILLIONS of Science Discovery dragon descriptions and only just realised that they're Mathcat's ohmy.gif Omg, I feel honoured...

T is Tabs. smile.gif

Bete Comme un Poteau isn't very hard to find because he sings a lot, which easily gives away his location. Because he draws attention to himself this way, over many years, he learned to evade or escape traps and fight, or teleport if the situation turns nasty. He harmonizes with himself by doing the lead in telepathy and the accompaniment by barking, growling, and humming. Humans are typically impressed and flattered that he sings their songs. The only problem they point out is that when singing songs with words, Bete Comme un Poteau can't seem to remember how the lyrics go. His favorite songs are "Odd Lane Sign", "Polly Put the Something on I think It Might Be a Pebble", "Bob Bob Black Cheese", and "That One with the Hole or Was It a Hill".

Abstain: They teleport?

I'm under the assumption that most dragons have some sort of magical ability, unless their breed description suggests/says they don't. Soulpeace dragons seem like the sort who can learn.

Akuma to Dolce developed a taste for sweets and sugary confections. In the ocean, she constantly hunts crabs and lobsters, cracking out their shells to eat their rather sweet meat. However, a chance meeting on a beach strewn in black sand brought her tastebuds to another world. A dragon called Bliss-Kiss was sunbathing on the isolated beach when Akuma to Dolce surfaced and by chance, saw this strange dragon she has never seen before. The two became steadfast friends and lovers.

Although Akuma favors sweet foods, she herself is no sweet entree. In arguments or feuds with other dragons, she often plays the devil's advocate, invoking strife for the sake of it. Thus, to many others, Akuma is a nuisance and sometimes, a bully. Many of the Blusang Lindwurms would try to escape at the sight of Akuma, but to no avail. The Tsunami Wyverns are constantly angry at Akuma. The Water dragons tolerate her, but would rather have nothing to do with her. However, Akuma is too prideful to be hurt.

Accept: OK -H

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: Yay, the first Shimmer description I've reviewed! Nice ~ Draco

Accept:

Happy to write the first Shimmer description you've read. xd.png

edited for typos and grammar

Edited by kiyoura

Also, I've reviewed MILLIONS of Science Discovery dragon descriptions and only just realised that they're Mathcat's  ohmy.gif  Omg, I feel honoured...

No, the science discovery organization dragons aren't mine - I just saw them while reviewing once too often and wrote Crigg's in response.

Novice Snowscale has been practicing healing for decades, and yet he's never progressed beyond novice. His healing skills are fine, but he gets flustered when under pressure, making mistakes that even a raw beginner wouldn't. Though he doesn't like being continually held up as an example of what not to do, Novice Snowscale refuses to quit, certain that he'll succeed if he just keeps trying.

Accept:

Accept: Now that's determination. Just keep swimming, Snowscale!

Accept:

Igjar spends most of his time lost in thought. He moves even less than the average stone, and as a result has become quite covered in moss and lichen to the point where he looks more like a green dragon. On the rare occasions when he wants to move, it takes a team of pygmy dragons several hours to clear away enough of the greenery to free him. Nobody knows what Igjar is thinking about, as he even begrudges spending the energy to talk.

Accept: Aw, so cute! I love the part about the pygmies! So so so cute!

Umm, I have a question, I just got this comment on one of my descriptions:

Abstain: Needs some rephrasing as 2nd person (you) is not allowed -H

And I don't mind removing the last sentence where I did use "you", but for future reference I wanted to make sure it really is not allowed? huh.gif I read and re-read the guideline but it only says to avoid FIRST person, right? Or am I blind?

Edited by dustpuppy

That was me - I asked Socky the other day and she said, TJ said it should be ONLY 3rd.

I asked her if the rules could be clarified but that's future music.

Ah okay, thank you herk! Very much appreciate it. I will keep it in mind. smile.gif