Dr. Paine

Description comments

Well, it's not part of the narration, it's just what the dragon shouts in his frustration. So what would you think it should say, "why don't you just re-die already?" smile.gif

Realised is the brit spelling but thank you for pointing out caves

Thanks for letting me know! I usually recognize the differences in British and American spellings, but that's one I wasn't familiar with. wink.gif

*nodnod* That makes a lot of sense actually. I think my problem was I had a preconceived idea of how Soulpeaces "should" act, which didn't include being frustrated. That being my first or one of my first Soulpeace description reviews, it's very possible I wasn't thinking fairly towards your description. I'm sorry and I'm going to work hard to not have that happen again (and I'm really glad you said something about it here).

If I could go back I'd probably say something like "are you sure you mean 'die'" (because sometimes people do get confused when writing their descriptions), but I'd accompany that with an accept.

Accept: Hey. Hey dragon. Are you sure you're not a spy?

---

Made me laugh for a good while.

'Ey, that was me. The others must be tempted to rattle him sometimes.

"Fogging a dead horse." She heard that somewhere, but doesn't really make much sense. Perhaps it means that covering a carcass, especially one as large as a horse, with a bit of cloud doesn't do much, so it's a waste of time. Humans have the weirdest sayings, but at least it it sounds pretty neat. And there's the word "fogging" in it! That's the thing the little dragon does best. Even her egg had fog around it. She decided that "Fogging a Dead Horse" would be a great name.

Accept: Silly hatchie. It's 'flogging', not 'fogging'! - DayGlory

Later, I was "silly Tabs" for forgetting a word in another dragon's description. laugh.gif

While soaring above the desert, a nameless white dragon happened upon a collapsed but living human bleeding on the sand. She learned he had been trekking from one town to another but was poisoned when he stepped on a young rattler, which bit his leg in self-defense. The dragon took the venom out of his body with a quick spell, then walked to the human's destination with him sprawled on her back. During those few days, the man conversed with and thanked her profusely, comparing his rescuer to an angel in the desert. Before long, he was calling her Desert Angel. As the dragon dropped him off at the gates, the grateful human gave her something he had been working on: a rock on a silver chain with her nickname carefully chipped into it. He admitted he wasn't a very good speller, but she accepted the necklace graciously and has never removed it since.

Accept: I just had to read one sentence to approve this. This is great!

Awwh. Is it really that good? happy.gif

Edited by dirtytabs

For my frozen ungendered vampire:

This hatchling's rotting appearance has almost always ended up with it being buried alive at the cemetery of the royal palace of Sindria, very much to the horror of the dragons residing there. Almost as if the night (or the lack of light) energizes it, it would always spring out of its 'grave' at wee hours, scaring the dragons in its vicinity.

Its parents were well aware of this hatchling's habits, and have since hissed at any dragon who tries to bury it... With little success though, as the dark green dragons at the palace are able to utilize their vines and grab the hatchling while at the safety of their burrows they make.

Accept: Ew. There's a carcass here, and no one's doing anything about it. I'm gonna do those guys a favor and bury it for them. I hope they're thankful.

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: Great! ~D

Accept:

-sees a dark green dragon trying to mess with this hatchling- D:

I'm having fun writing descriptions for this whole family of vampires xd.png. Thank you for all the comments that'd help me improve! :3

Talking of vampires, I recently described this one named after certain cartoon character...

Marshall-Lee is well known in the Cave for being quite a character. Effortlessly cool, frequently outrageous and perpetually showing off, he is the very opposite of the more reserved members of his kind. Despite being a Vampire Dragon and therefore unable to breed, Marshall will also flirt shamelessly with any female dragon alive or (un)dead - especially his friend Fionna. Somehow, however, he is actually extremely popular. Most Vampires are shunned and rejected by 'ordinary' dragons, but Marshall-Lee is always welcome in any gang of friends. It is not only dragons who have been won over by his bad-boy charm; he takes pride in being one of his owner's absolute favourites.

Accept: Nice job! (My bf would love this; he's into Adventure Time genderflipping things.) ~D

Hee hee, sometimes I feel like such a fangirl... xd.png

EDIT: Yay, that description's approved now! Thanks to whoever approved it and Sergeant Littlebottom's description, and to Herk who also left a comment on Marshall's description biggrin.gif

Edited by dracopenguin

Well I put up a couple of new descriptions this morning, and they've attracted a few comments already. As you can see from below I think it's the same people on each one.

For the water Bad Command:

This dragon got his name from his most annoying habit. Whenever anyone asks this water dragon to do anything he always refuses stating 'Bad command or file name.'. This incomprehensible sentence is all the dragon now known as Bad Command will utter, but no light has ever been shed on the meaning of these words, and likely never will be.

•Accept: You made me giggle :D -H

•Accept:

•Abstain: *refuses, stating *"Bad command" or "file name." ~D

For the last one, I can see some of my puctuation was eaten (I really should stop typing them in word, "smart"quotes is not DC compatible) but are you telling me I should be putting quotes around parts of the greater quoted sentence?

For the white Bot Fifty Six:

Bot Fifty Six lives to join things. Any things. It doesn't matter if it's an event, an exclusive club, or the local pie eating contest, she'll try and join up even if she blatantly doesn't fit the requirements. If rejected she'll wander off in a sulk only to return a few moments later to try again. Bot Fifty Six is the only dragon ever to apply for entry into the association of dragon slayers.

•Accept: You literally made me laugh out loud :) -H

•Accept:

•Accept: This amused me. :) ~D

For the Black Crewl Lye:

Crewl Lye thinks he can spell, but it's no more than a lie. He's a creative sort and churns out piles of manuscripts that no one can understand without giving themselves a headache as they work their way through his creative approach to spelling and punctuation. Other dragons have tried to encourage him to just tell his stories, or at least find someone who can give him a lesson in spelling and grammar, but Crewl Lye believes himself to be a prodigy who is tragically misunderstood by his peers.

•Accept: Crewl Lie is a ghost writer for many descriptions in the cave... :) -H

•Accept:

•Accept: I have so much that I want to say, because this makes me laugh so much... ~D

To be honest, I can't recall why I spelled his name that way, in first place, but the description pretty much wrote itself.

For the last one, I can see some of my puctuation was eaten (I really should stop typing them in word, "smart"quotes is not DC compatible) but are you telling me I should be putting quotes around parts of the greater quoted sentence?

Oh, I get it now! Sorry about that, I read it like he either said "Bad command" or "file name". That confused me, but now I realize that it's actually all one thing: "Bad command or file name".

Shows how much I know about computer errors! laugh.gif Feel free to ignore my comment now.

I've been waiting for the mod approval on these two, but they keep collecting reviewer comments, so I guess I should post them here:

Crimson Delight The first of my Royal Crimsons <3

Crimson Delight approached the massive western volcano, hardly prepared for the sight unfolding as she skirted the mountain's northern flank. A wide valley opened before the four Royal Crimsons, with a large lake on the eastern end, connected by a sinuous river to the Wester Ocean. On the valley floor, there was a bustling Dragon community, and they paused on the high ridge. Various weyrs were apparent on the other mountains ringing the eastern and northern sides of the valley. Other dragons, led by a large Red, emerged from a weyr on the mountain side below.

"Be ye friend or foe," the Red asked. "Whatever you prefer! We seek the land of the Mints." Delight was not afraid of a fight, but liked what she saw, and hoped that this was the place they were seeking. "Be friends then, and welcome to Verdant!" Adam Red Fire heartily responded. Satisfied, Delight led the Crimsons as they flew with these new friends to meet Mentha and settle at last in Verdant.

User Comments

Accept: OK -H

Accept: Nicely descriptive. Consider paragraph breaks before speech. ~m

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Reject:

Accept:

What's interesting to me is that there is a paragraph break where the reviewer suggested, but it doesn't show well in the review format.

This little baby is my representative/alter ego among the dragons, and this is the latest part of her story:

Dragongrrrl

The orphaned human baby was left as an offering by frightened peasants when the dragons arrived in Verdant. Adopted and educated by Mentha, Verdana and the rest of the dragon community, the dragongrrrl became a bridge between dragon and human, easing the human fear of their powerful neighbors.

As the grrrl grew, new dragons, the Royal Crimsons, arrived in the community. Fascinated, she spent more and more time visiting with them in the Southern Volcano Weyr. At home, she lamented, "Mama, Papa, please, I love them so. I feel more dragon than human. I wish I could be a dragon!"

Her despair deepened as she reached the human age of maturity, her sunny outlook replaced with sorrow. Consulting with Gaia and the Seven Mages, as well as the leaders of the humans, Mentha formed a plan. On her 20th birthday, the grrrl fell into a deep slumber. She awoke suddenly, feeling whole again. She stretched, and laughed aloud with the greatest joy! They had transformed her into a Royal Crimson Dragon!

User Comments

Accept: OK -H

Accept: Oooh, interesting backstory! ~ Draco

Accept:

Accept: Interesting story. ~D

Accept: Cute wink.gif Can't find anything wrong with it.

Accept:

Accept: Aww, that's so cool!

Thank you to all the reviewers here for your very kind comments. This little dragon is particularly close to my heart! <3

Raised among the other species' hatchlings, Kriilunaus was seen only as a threat to the pre-existing Hellfire hierarchy. Young and vulnerable, she hid her true state of mind to avoid pain. Affected by the behaviour of her own species, she quickly became bitter and malevolent, revelling in the suffering of others.

Such behaviour was overlooked, marked as her species' typical demeanour. Yet, her behaviour had very few similarities. Instead of showing open aggression, this dragon calculated the chance of an egg or hatchling falling ill and executed everything within her power to make it happen. Thus far, Kriilunaus has yet to cause the death of any of the Cave's young, though she has succeeded in making many ill. As she gains maturity, her sadistic nature is no longer satisfied with inducing the suffering of young dragons, instead moving to a more difficult target; elderly dragons. Protected by the strong, even a minor success in causing suffering feeds her ever growing inner sadist.

Accept: Wow - she's a charmer. Very well written smile.gif -H

Accept:

Accept: *species' typical Other than that, great! ~D

Accept:

Re-submitted this one because of the typo pointed out (sorry for giving the reviewers extra work!), I wasn't expecting the compliments! She's described like this as her parents (not owned by me) are both aggresive, one being chaotic in nature and the other being bloodthirsty. Also I had some eggs get sick while she was a hatchling, though that was my fault, not hers haha.

I'm not sure who -H is, but thank you! I know who ~D is, so thank you very much as well, I greatly appreciate the help you gave me. biggrin.gif

-H is herk.  wink.gif  And you're welcome! I try to help whenever I can.

Cheers, I think I've seen some of herk's descriptions in the review user descriptions area (and some of yours too I think), just didn't put two and two together. Thanks. biggrin.gif

Edited by VampiricOmen

I'm not sure who -H is, but thank you! I know who ~D is, so thank you very much as well, I greatly appreciate the help you gave me. biggrin.gif

-H is herk. wink.gif And you're welcome! I try to help whenever I can.

Oh, I get it now! Sorry about that, I read it like he either said "Bad command" or "file name". That confused me, but now I realize that it's actually all one thing: "Bad command or file name".

Shows how much I know about computer errors!  laugh.gif Feel free to ignore my comment now.

Well it makes a lot more sense with the punctation back in place.

Yep, it's an old MS DOS error, that lucky dragon got named after it because he has DOS in his code.

For the Black Crewl Lye:

•Accept: Crewl Lie is a ghost writer for many descriptions in the cave... smile.gif -H

•Accept:

•Accept: I have so much that I want to say, because this makes me laugh so much... ~D

To be honest, I can't recall why I spelled his name that way, in first place, but the description pretty much wrote itself.

Some distant memory of a YA-ish fantasy series, perhaps? I've skimmed past that one on the shelves at my local library more than a few times. wink.gif

Some distant memory of a YA-ish fantasy series, perhaps? I've skimmed past that one on the shelves at my local library more than a few times. wink.gif

You're probably right, I did read some of those, though I don't recall that particular one.

Every day, under the guardians' supervision, a tsunami wyvern hatchling crawls along the shore, perhaps meeting some beach-going humans. Brave and good-natured, she loves the attention she gets and makes her best efforts to smile, even though dragons don't smile like people. The humans, especially the females, can't help but pet the little hatchling, cooing that "he" is an "adorable widdle bwob of cuteness, the sweetest thing, such a nice li'l wingless wyvern..." The hatchling worries that they don't know how big tsunami wyverns will eventually grow. Fortunately, that's years away.

Accept: Nice smile.gif -H

Accept:

Abstain: A teensie bit long.

Mate, you have not seen a long description. tongue.gif

Honey Bunches of Oats was named after her golden honey-and-oats color, but she definitely does not taste like them. Probably. She heard about a group called the Science Discovery something-or-other and on a whim decided to try to be a part of it, by doing what the name of the organization suggests. That must be the way to get in. Honey Bunches of Oats doesn't so much discover anything as much as she picks up whatever is within reach and proclaims that it is SCIENCE! As an honorary member who's tirelessly contributed to the organization, she earned several shiny badges for her curiosity that she made herself.

...Er...

I submitted a description for a dragon this morning and read some great comments. I clicked away from the description page for a few minutes and when I went back, it had been approved. So trust me on that. xd.png That also means there was a mod hard at work checking descriptions a few hours ago. My pending descriptions have all been approved smile.gif

Edited by dirtytabs

Okay, you're commenting on it, but I can't see my missing 'of':

As the child of a sweetling The Dark Side loves sweet foods and often tries new recipes for her favourite food: cookies. Most of the other dragons in the clan aren’t too fond cookies though, so she flies down to the local human village with her basket of oversized cookies. Many of the adult humans fear the strange dragon and her gifts but all the children come running at her call of ‘Come to The Dark Side. I have cookies.’.

Where are you missing word? Um... you know what I mean.

Edit: Nevermind, as soon as I asked, I found it, sometimes my brain inserts things where it knows they should be. *feels foolish*

Edited by KishaRa

Beach Shore is infamous among the dragons in the cave due to her tendency to fight with Pyroe, causing many magical accidents. Although Pyroe is usually the one to accidentally curse a random hatchling to stay a child forever, Beach Shore usually gets part of the blame, as she also uses magic to fight. Oddly enough, the two had a child together, despite their constant fighting.

Accept: Nice smile.gif -H

Accept: Slap slap kiss, eh?

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: Not bad. wink.gif ~D

Thanks everyone, and that second one made me laugh so hard. xd.png

Medjekli has always longed for some semblance of identity, someone to be besides a member of the little community that has carved itself a place along a rocky coastline. Although the pack is perfectly happy there, she has always thought their cave-studded cliffside far too dull. One day, though, while exploring the crags, she found a brightly-colored flower, its roots gnarled and thick from gripping the rocks. She felt a bloom of joy in her heart, and every day returned to nurture it, with the help of her magic, until it blossomed into the largest and most beautiful flower she had ever seen. She collected its seed pods and sowed them on the rocks around her cave, eager to diminish the dullness of her cliffside home with their enduring beauty.

Accept: This is beautiful <3 -H

Accept: Very lovely story! ~D

Thanks guys smile.gif comments like this warm the cockles of my icy heart

Charlemagne King of Hearts is nearly as much of a Casanova as Dink II himself. Wherever this regal and bulky dragon goes, female dragons always know that Charlemagne has more value as a mate than any of the other males of the cave; he is surely a prize. One of the dragons that secretly adores him is Happy Christmas John, a lovely Ribbon Dancer dragon; yet Charlemagne pays her no notice. Charlemagne mostly stays with dragons with a greenish tint to their scales because he claims that the color green brings out his fierce crimson scales and maroon wings. He has been known to take much notice in Vine dragons, Earth dragons, Olives, and even Neotropicals. Charlemagne simply claims that he has way too much love to give, so he spreads it around.

Accept: But Ribbon Dancers ARE green O_o -H

xd.png I'm assuming that was Herk??? I know!! That's what Happy Christmas John says!! But he still doesn't like her. rolleyes.gifxd.png

When Pillows were released, I just had to do it...

There once was a dragon called Michael Finnigan. He grew whiskers not just on his chinnigan, but all over him. But whenever he tried to grow his lovely whiskers longer, the mountain winds blew them in again. Poor old Michael Finnigan (begin again)...

hehe biggrin.gif

Ok I got a bit lazy with posting comments her, but the last batch I remembered to safe before the got approved:

Most of the cave healers work directly with patients, but AC is not one of them. Instead, he has developed a method to take blood samples from seriously sick dragons and inject them into big lizards. He then lets the infection run its course inside the relatively small animal and watches the progress. This has led to countless new insights into how diseases work and in consequence has given him and other Whites new ideas on how to treat them best.

Accept: It's hoped that those seriously sick dragons don't die before immunity's been induced in those lizards. smile.gif

Accept: Wow! This guy is based on... was it Fleming? I read about that scientist! Also one of your other Whites was based on that guy who discovered the importance of hygeine... I suck at names. ~ Draco

Accept: Herk is awesome. smile.gif ~D

Costly takes care of the healers by making sure that the rest of the dragons of the clan "pay" for their treatments. Some say through that, she has more actual power than Pax and some say, her job is pretty much unnecessary as the clan is one big community. Nevertheless Costly has a very clear idea how much a healing spell or a potion is "worth" in food or treasure, and if she ever gets the impression her brethren get the short end of the stick, she will make sure to put some passive-aggressive pressure on the former patient until they have "paid" their dues.

Accept: Dude, your dragons should switch to NHS! ~ Draco

Floss is a rather relaxed dragon. He doesn't care much for long and formal names and happily responds to the nickname bestowed upon him by the small hatchlings, still struggling with clear pronounciation.

Floss specializes in caring for the teeth and dentition of his fellow dragons. He recommends that they clean them regularly to keep them nice and healthy throughout their whole life. Although he doesn't really approve of killing animals for a living, he has started considering using the sinews and tendons of small rodents to pull out the small bits between individual teeth. He justifies this to himself by saying that the rodents are killed regardless and this way every bit gets put to a good use.

Accept: A dentist dragon?! Your creativity has no boundaries, herk! ~ Draco

Accept: Fantastic! ~D

Accept: Hey! I saw this, like, 30 seconds ago! ~ Draco

Accept: *facepalm* A dentist dragon called Floss? Hehehe. --lw

Accept: Nice. smile.gif ~D

Yeah Draco - you know resubmits, because the comma police ticketed me...

Although Glon knows that he's not really a member of the prestigious Dorkface line, he loves to flaunt his ancestors' names around, trusting that no one will listen too closely. This has worked quite well and Glon has a regular harem of dragonesses willing to do everything to please him. The only downside - from Glon's perspective - is the fact that some male dragons are quite willing to join his harem too.

Accept: Minas Orkface and Shalla'lee? Seems legit. -T

Accept: Hehehehe. --lw

Accept: LOL ~klin

Accept: Minas Orkface?! That's brilliant. ~ Draco

Accept: I still love the last line. biggrin.gif ~D

Well all credit for the ancestors belongs to Kiwiana, I saw offspring on the AP thread and HAD to have an egg from that lineage biggrin.gif

Sec deals mostly with sick hatchlings. He has a way to make them accept treatment and take away their fear that isn't matched by any other healer in the clan. He is competent enough when it comes to the actual healing part of his job, but in some complicated cases, he needs to get the help of some of his brethren. On the other hand, that's true for all of the healers, so he doesn't care too much.

Accept: Nice! -lw

Accept: I'd rather see him than Dr House smile.gif very nicely done ~klin

And I had

Accept: What is it with your strangely named Whites? Is there some genius scheme between all these words and numbers? ~ Draco
on at least 2 dragons. Well Draco Nimal means they belong to that specific lineage project, the number is the generation (x marks the fact that I have yet to successfully breed them, which will get removed) and the rest comes from inspiration of the ancestors. For example all direct descendant of a dragon named Sergeant have military ranks, the CB Pride has Dignity and Serenity as his child/grandchild etc.; D means they are descendant from Draconna's dragons (who has been an immense help), but for length of names reasons I shortened it.

I hope I cleared that up biggrin.gif

Chrisball loves to cook and prepare fresh food for the other dragons. Sadly, though, he is a bit too chaotic and not overly apt or deft. So most of the time instead of actual cooking, he throws his utensils around, sometimes hitting other dragons. Or he chases the intended dish of the day through half of the cave before the chicken in question escapes him.

All that doesn't keep him from trying though, and he does it with a smile and a weird chant in some made up tongue: "smoerbroed, smoerebroed - roempoempoempoem."

Accept: Somewhere in the distance, a human is wondering where all her forks and knives went. -T

Accept: Bork bork bork. Stjay spaghetti on der dishy dishy. --lw

Accept: Nice Description

Accept: Yay! ~D

That one made me giggle T biggrin.gif

I'm a bit sad I lost the comments on the last bunch (especially a nice one by someone named -m), but as always thanks for your nice encouraging words.

I'm Busy Doing The Fishstick is probably the craziest dragon in the entire Cave. Every time someone disturbs him, he always says "Can't you see! I'm busy doing the fishstick - it's a VERY delicate state of mind." What a fishstick is, nobody knows. He also comes up with all sorts of apparently random rubbish, making him almost impossible to speak to; for example, he has a strange obsession with cheese, calling people 'good little rats', and makes references to a talking grapefruit called Stanley. Sometimes he decides that he is actually a dragoness called Annmarie. All of this somewhat perturbs his mate Epic Gold Rarity, who has waited years for a caveborn Vine to arrive so that she could continue her lineage, and is now wondering whether it would be entirely wise to unleash this mad dragon's genes into the Gold Tinsel breed...

•Accept:

•Accept: ...either this is a reference to something or dracopenguin has gone crazy. O_O ~D

Dammit, Dimar, you didn't get the reference! So I'm going to post this on here and see if anyone else does tongue.gif

EDIT: Ooooh, I see now Herk! Those whites' names are just epic.

Edited by dracopenguin

•Accept:

•Accept: ...either this is a reference to something or dracopenguin has gone crazy. O_O ~D

Dammit, Dimar, you didn't get the reference! So I'm going to post this on here and see if anyone else does  tongue.gif

Sorry, draco. I was just worrying about your mental health! sad.gif

(And you can ask pretty much any other reviewer who frequents #descripdoom; I rarely get references other than MLP or Doctor Who ones. wink.gif )

Sorry, draco. I was just worrying about your mental health! sad.gif

Hee hee, it's not my mental health you should be worrying about, it's the character I'm referencing... *stillllll waiting for someone to get the reference* Come on, it's not THAT obscure! He pops up all the time on the Favorite Game Quotes thread!

EDIT: Just got this on I'm Busy Doing The Fishstick:

Accept: You made me giggle biggrin.gif -H

Thanks Herk!

Edited by dracopenguin

Hee hee, it's not my mental health you should be worrying about, it's the character I'm referencing...

Ahh... What would the people do without you? Dance? Sing? Smile? Grow old? Anyway, I'm busy doing the fishstick. It's a very delicate state of mind.

After accidentally destroying a family's barn with a misaimed gust, the apologetic gray dragon offered to help them rebuild it, managing to bring the family together in the process. With a lot of help from the humans, he had the frame and walls together in little time. As they worked, he came up with a catchy, fast-paced song to make barn-raising a little more fun. It was stuck in the humans' heads for days after their barn was rebuilt, and "Raise This Barn" became the dragon's name.

Accept: *bro-hoof* -H

Accept: Now this is stuck in my head too. --lw

Accept: 1 2 3 4!

Accept: Raise this barn, raise this barn, one, two, three, four... Dang it Tabs! ~D

Hee hee. Heeheehee. C:

Bork bork bork. Stjay spaghetti on der dishy dishy

I'm... going to watch the Swedish Chef now.