Dr. Paine

Description comments

I've seen people making "empty" lines with a single period, like this:

This sentence ends.

Next sentence starts.

Is this actually being accepted in a description?

I've seen people making "empty" lines with a single period, like this:

Is this actually being accepted in a description?

Rally usually does that because of the paragraphs format - you may want to read this Help thread. It seems like Sock is okay with it, but they want to work it out further.

I've been Accepting those descrips while reviewing, and I think the others may be as well... ?

I've been Accepting those descrips while reviewing, and I think the others may be as well... ?

I have been too, if the rest of the description is good. Basically, I won't reject a description just for this. The paragraph format actually bugs me no end, so a little bit of creativity in getting around it works for me.

Trine is snobbish, arrogant, self-centered, and a general annoyance to his fellow dragons. Not exactly the attitude anyone expected from a shimmer. Even the human clan leader isn't sure what to do with him: he refused the first mate she set out for him, much to her chagrin. Even worse, he isn't shy about his ambition to become the clan leader, constantly bragging he would be better for the job than a lowly human. Kaini generally ignores him, knowing her rather sizeable clan would never let him succeed.

The only two dragons that can even mildly stand Trine are Right Wing and Left Wing.

Someone commented (I updated the description after fixing mistakes and forgot to save the hilarious comment) it went something like 'He and Logic should get together and have an arrogance party' and I just about cried laughing because you know Logic is Prowl and I described this one like Starscream get it get it /dies

also oops I messed up my sentence on the second fix WHOOPS fixed it again xd.png

also oops I messed up my sentence on the second fix WHOOPS fixed it again xd.png

I wondered why I'd seen this one come through three times! smile.gif

I wondered why I'd seen this one come through three times! smile.gif

Yea, It had a few small issues then one fix made a sentence not make any sense xd.png I still might change it again because I lost a phrase I kinda wanted, I just haven't figured out how to slip it in there effectively yet.

Thanks for all the concrit on my dragons, I work it in as soon as possible smile.gif

M87:

M 87 is one of the older Nebulas of the cave and one of the first born to the clan. He prefers to watch the night sky in peace and just wishes the younger dragons wouldn't create such a ruckus every night. He just wants to watch his beautiful elliptic galaxy in the sky, hoping to discover another Supernova event like he once did in his youth.

Accept: 'When I was young, the elliptic galaxies were always so much brighter...' ~ Draco

Comet Pool:

Comet is the fastest of all the Nebula dragons in his clan. Instead of spending his time star gazing he prefers to zap around, racing the Skywings and Whiptails, always competing against the best, measuring his own speed against theirs.

As a result all his own markings appear to have developed tails of light.

Accept: Ooh, I like the tails of light bit. -T

Bode's Galaxy:

Bode likes bears. No dragon knows why exactly, although some think it has to do with the Ursa constellations in the sky. But whatever the reason Bode likes bears.

He likes them so much in fact, that he regularly takes home grown bears and cuddles with them in his nest until he falls asleep. This is of course very embarrassing for the bear, but since Bode is a dragon there's not really much they can do about it. At least they can crawl away once he's asleep.

Accept: Oh my gosh, I love this. It's so cute!

Constellation Cuffs:

While most constellations are well known to dragons and humans alike, be it the Hunter or the Boar, this dragon loves to put fun at the complete arbitrary nature of the constellations by inventing his own.

He named himself after a particularly funny one which he thought looked exactly like two slings of rope ready to bind two dragons together.

Accept: Who says that constellation doesn't exist somewhere? -T

Temporal Theory:

After years and years of observing the stars, this dragon has developed quite "interesting" ideas about the nature of time and space. When he speculates about both being essentially the same, some of the more philosophically inclined members of the clan get interested, when he talks about the "absolute elsewhere", a point in space-time dragons can never know about, some of the Magis still try to follow, but when he starts comparing time with twines or bands even the most patient dragon loses interest.

Accept: timey-wimey

Hoag's Object:

Hoag has a very distinctive pattern on his wings. After watching a certain part of the snake constellation for a very long time as a hatchling, he now shows various bright yellow spots surrounded by blue rings within his pattern. None of the other dragons of his clan had ever spotted that object in the night sky before him, so they named it after Hoag.

He is of course very proud of that fact and boasts about it to every dragoness he encounters, and at least the Nebula ones are thoroughly impressed.

Accept:The Deep Seas, however, don't even think nebulas exist and assume he's makings stuff up. -T

Lil' Don Carlos:

Carlos has a very bad relationship with his father, who at first seems like a rather cold and heartless individual. In his youth, this little hatchling can't see his father's honour or sense of responsibility behind the stoic mask and so spends as much time away from home and with his hatchling friends as possible.

Accept: Nice use of the word 'stoic' there, Herk! ~ Draco

Raeuber (see above) got a few new comments:

Accept: cute.

Accept: He could move, maybe. smile.gif

Accept: I think "hatchie" should just be hatchling, but otherwise I like it smile.gif

Cy:

Cy is a hatchling of distinguished taste. He likes to view himself as some kind of connoisseur and loves to play the host at parties, always doing his best to keep the other hatchlings and adult dragons satisfied and happy.

Accept: Nice one -T

Accept: Aww, yay! I like smile.gif

Flaemmchen:

Flaemmchen might be small and weak but she knows something, something most dragons of Herk's clan know to a certain degree, but she Understands with a capital U. Like the flames - each of them small in their own right, each of them different - dragons might not be all that powerful on their own, but if they work together, there's nothing able to stop them.

Flaemmchen relishes the knowledge that she is part of something bigger than herself, which still allows her to keep her individuality.

Accept: Pretty good for a little hatchling. -T

Accept: Yay for teamwork! ~ Draco

Jungfrau:

Jungfrau couldn't be named more ironically, named after a foreign word for virgin, there are few females in the clan with a more varied mating history and Jungfrau isn't the slightest bit ashamed of it.

While many dragonesses would have to deal with rejection by other females for their promiscuity, Jungfrau is so open and friendly about every bit of her personal life that none of the others find themselves able to hold it against her.

Accept: Nice. With humans, the reason one shouldn't name their kid "Chastity" or "Felicity" is that their daughter will be all too happy to rebel against it in her teens. Dunno if this is rebellion though. smile.gif

Andromeda Galaxy got : Accept: First 'stoic' and now 'Andromeda' - you sure know some great words Herk ;-) ~ Draco

And Wilhelm Tell an: Accept: Nicely written.

So thanks T and Draco for leaving all those comments (and all you anonymous guys too)

I hoped for something like the Deepsea comment, I learned something from the Junggfrau one and I loved the timey-wimey one (although the last bit refers to an older bit of popculture than New!Who).

Edited by herk

On the only dragon that I will ever describe:

Derk was born during the time of the great Thing, when all the caretakers came together to exchange their stories. At first, Derk was nervous to be among so many unfamiliar faces. But one hatchling in particular made him feel welcome: Himar, a female Crimson. She came from a distant land and spoke with an odd accent, but the two quickly became friends.

That friendship soon turned into love. Derk spent many hours with Himar, and was never happier than when he was at her side. They whispered in each other's minds about the future, with a family of their own and many grand adventures. However, their blissful romance was shattered when the Thing ended.

Himar's owner, Herk, took her back to their lands while Derk and his owner, Dimar, returned to theirs. Now, feeling heartbroken, Derk can be found staring at the horizon and dwelling on the memories of his star-crossed love.

Accept: Finally biggrin.gif I just love this to pieces <3 -H

Accept:

Accept: Aww. - L

D'aww, thanks guys. wub.gif

Wow, I am so behind on the queue. I need a day to do nothing but review. *shakes fist at academics*

Greetings From The Heart is essentially the type of dragon everyone hates. He is firmly convinced that he knows everything better, despite that usually not being the case. He never takes the hint and continues with his smug "advice" even when most of his clanmates have started to despise him. Unfortunately, his arranged mate happens to be Sincerely With Love, a Pink who doesn't take well to this at all. The two were brought together for their matching lineages, without regard to their mutual hatred. Greetings has taken many beatings from his mate, but that still doesn't prevent him from messing with her just to tick her off. Lately, as Sincerely With Love only talks to him through written notes, he's had to settle for correcting her grammar.

Accept: :D (A pink beating up her mate? kinda extreme) Otherwise nice :) -H

Backstory! This pair is based on a really angry song by Lordi, which the Pink is named after (listen if you want but I warn you, the very first three words are pretty bad expletives, and it doesn't get better from there). I think it makes sense. :B She has a description too, I just had to resubmit this one because of a typo that went unnoticed. (Surely Greetings would have told me if I showed him, oh the irony.)

This odd Soulpeace has to be avoided by librarians and archivists at all costs, for she is skilled at getting into their records and, through various means, erasing content she doesn't like. As of yet, nobody has figured out how she developed this highly annoying trait. Her rampant censorship is also the reason for her very strange name. As a hatchling, she somehow got a hold of Orlageddon's scroll and wiped her own name off, replacing it with her two favourite words - DATA EXPUNGED, in capital letters, no less. Nowadays, other dragons simply call her DATA for short and try to keep her from learning about the existence of Turpentine dragons for as long as possible.

Accept: Nice one Orl ;) -H

Accept: I love this. :) ~D

Accept: Nice!

Behold, that's all there is. ALL the Accepts have comments! :3 Thanks everyone, and I just wanted to say that [DATA EXPUNGED] dammit.

Also, I haven't had anyone call me Orl in ages. It was a pretty common nickname for me back when I blogged, this just brought back memories XD

Edited by Orlageddon

So ... I finally managed to describe my zombie girl while she was visible even!

As a reminder, this shows on any hatchling page:

Young dragons are relatively defenseless. Their scales don’t grow in until right before they mature, and they have almost no strength. Once a hatchling’s wings grow in, it marks the beginning of maturation. At this point they are usually left alone by their mother and begin to hunt and survive on their own.

So I "added" to this with my description attempt:

Contumacia, however, did not survive so well. Trapped in a series of random encounters and unfortunate events, each of which seemingly determined to destroy her, she never gave up and fought until the end -- and beyond. Legend has it that only with her strong will to live she had somehow gathered just enough magical power to keep herself going against all odds.

Nowadays, she is staying hidden most of the day's time and coming out at night to play. After all, she is still just a hatchling.

and got this:

Accept: Nice smile.gif -H

Accept:

Accept:

Abstain: ...Except she's dead now. tongue.gif This also seems to compare it to another dragon.., I don't think it's a good idea to leave off from another desc. like that.

Which is, in this context, nonsense. It's not another dragon to which she's compared, it's ANY hatchling that she's being compared to.

(I'll ignore the part that starts with "except," I consider that to be clear from the image and text anyway ("and beyond"))

See, if I am being scolded tongue.gif for not considering the generic description on the dragon's page, I'd like any COMMENTER to be aware of those descriptions, too.

Also, thanks, -H biggrin.gif

Well, this description experiment of mine will probably end with these 3 dragons. Seriously, having to rely on this thread in order to comment on comments isn't my thing ...

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Born at twilight, Liei had a terrible curse placed upon him from the moment he was born. He sparkled. Nobody could explain this phenomenon, but Liei twinkled like a star all day and night, making it uncomfortable for him or anyone around him to get any sleep. This problem has haunted him throughout his life, as hunting prey is so much harder when one is illuminated like the moon on a clear night, since any creatures for miles can see him and stay far away. This results in him becoming surprisingly unpopular, as nobody wants to be around a dragon who they have to wear sunglasses to look at, and poor Liei cannot even hide in the shadows in shame, so brightly does he sparkle. He has tried everything to get rid of his infliction, from ingesting strange herbs to trying to whack the sparkles off him, but to no avail. It's almost a relief that Liei cannot see his reflection, for he will never have to see a sparkly vampire dragon.

Accept: Still hilarious biggrin.gif -H

Accept: Everyone was horrified, except this one little dragon who wanted to be with him forever because he's so beautiful and sparkly.

Accept: Yes, that's better. Nicely done.

Accept: HAHAHAHA nice. smile.gif

Accept: sparkle sparkle sparkle! ~klin

Accept: Cute, Em.

Accept:

Accept: This is so great, Em. smile.gif ~D

Accept:

Accept:

Oh descripdoom xd.png

Everytime I finish the queue, I allow myself to write some descrips...

First updates:

M 87 got: Accept: I wish I could discover my second Supernova too. Haha, I like this, nice job

Flaemmchen got: Accept: I really Like this! Like with a capital L.

Comet Pool got: Accept: I like it! --lw

Accept: gotta go fast

Accept: Perhaps you should add a comma to the end of "spending his time star gazing"? But besides that, quite a nice description

- Comma added Thanks

Jungfrau got: Accept: Hehe, I saw this on the Description Comments thread... Ironic names FTW! ~ Draco

Hi Draco *waves*

An a question regarding Bode's Galaxy: Abstain: "home grown bears" confused me at first, maybe adult bears? Otherwise funny

he regularly takes home grown bears and cuddles with them in his nest until he falls asleep.

What do you guys think? I can see how it might me misread BUT I really think adult bear would sound awkward. Any other suggestions?

Now to the new additions...

Cigar Galaxy:

Cigar likes all things long and vaguely cylindrical. She likes tree stumps, barrels, carrots and even cigars. Some of the other dragons and several humans have tried to find a deeper meaning behind her obsession, but she claims: "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."

Accept: Was it me, or does that first line sound extremely dodgy? *dies laughing* Yes, I know I'm sick minded... Anyway, this is the first smoking dragon I've seen. ~ Draco

Cherrywheel Galaxy:

Cherrywheel is a fun young dragoness, enjoying every bit of her life. When she's not gazing at the night sky, she likes to spend her time eating sweet fruits or zapping and whizzing through the air: circling around, chasing her own tail until she falls down to earth due to dizziness, laughing all the way.

Accept: A dragon on a sugar high! --lw

Accept: That's one hyperactive Nebula you have there! ~ Draco

Accept: I can dig this

Triangulum Galaxy:

This young dragoness isn't satisfied with just gazing at her favourite place in the night sky, she wants to know everything about it. Recently she has taken on the habit of flying vast distances to watch HER part of the sky from different spots. She hopes to find out how far away her special place really is this way.

Accept: Slight fix: "in the night sky; she wants to" A dragon who understands triangulation! --lw

Accept: Good luck on that endeavour

Accept: Tell her she'd get a lot better results with a google search, haha. I really like this!

A Million Reflections:

A Million Reflections loves to stare at the sky, not directly, but by gazing at its mirror image in any shiny surface she can find. She spends the whole night watching the undisturbed face of a lake or meditates over a small bit of polished glass a Spitfire left behind. On occasions she has even asked a resident Silver dragon if he was willing to lie still for her, so she could watch the countless reflections of her favourite star in his perfect little scales.

Accept: Oh I like that last bit. smile.gif Small fix: "loves to stare at" --lw

Accept: Can she stare at her own wings? haha, I like this a lot

Quantum Theory:

Quantum Theory simply doesn't know what she wants. She doesn't know if she prefers vegetables or meat. She doesn't know if the stars are living entities in the night sky or far off blazing balls of gas similar to the sun. She doesn't know if she likes cats or dogs.

No one understands Quantum Theory - not even she herself.

Accept: The mystery that is Quantum Theory! --lw

Accept: That is true - no-one does understand Quantam Theory. Except possibly Prof. Brian Cox. ~ Draco

Kabale (old German word for intrigues) got: Accept: He needs to get into politics!

Liebe (=love) got: What a sweet little creature. --lw

And finally for now, Lil' Pegasus got: Lil' Pegasus: Accept: You have a lot of Nebulas, Herk! *checks scroll* Oh, you have lots of every dragon... This is a really adorable description! ~ Draco

Well yes I guess I do - except of course Neglected, some day I will get around to experimenting...

Hihi - I had to take out the Smilies from the comments because the board complained.

P.S. There were of course tons of blanks accepts and the occasional random reject too.

Edited by herk

An a question regarding Bode's Galaxy: Abstain: "home grown bears" confused me at first, maybe adult bears? Otherwise funny

What do you guys think? I can see how it might me misread BUT I really think adult bear would sound awkward. Any other suggestions?

I think that "takes home adult bears" sounds fine, but if you don't like that then you could try:

he regularly takes home fully grown bears and cuddles with them in his nest until he falls asleep.

Wow herk, I haven't seen any of those descrips you posted. I'm really behind! ohmy.gif

I think that "takes home adult bears" sounds fine, but if you don't like that then you could try:

Wow herk, I haven't seen any of those descrips you posted. I'm really behind!  ohmy.gif

Thanks Dimar - will go with the "fully grown". The adult part refers to the age, I wanted to emphasize the sheer size, so this is perfect smile.gif

See you in the channel Beloved <3

Edited by herk

We Are The Borgwings (S1 Skywing hatchling)

This hatchling is the Borgwings. The Borgwings are a collective of different dragon species, organized and controlled by the entirety of the collective, the Cavemind. As such, this hatchling does not have a name. Names are useless for a part of a collective; they are the Borgwings.

The Borgwings inhabit the Delta Quadrant Caves, but they also explore other caves in pursuit of their enterprise. The Borgwings strive to assimilate any individual into their collective to achieve a state of perfection. This hatchling and other Borgwings travel through foreign caves in search for unknown life forms. Their latest encounter was a carriage manned by Guardian Dragons in the vicinity of Deep Cave Nine. The Borgwings sent their standard telepathic message: "We are the Borgwings. Lower your shields and surrender your carriage. We will add your biological and magical distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile." In Borgwing terminology, this equals "Live long and prosper - afterwards!"

• Accept: Now I'm thinking if dragons *man* anything or if it should be *dragoning* - Nice one Rally smile.gif -H
  • Accept: Resistance is futile... therefore I approve. smile.gif
Herk, I thought something similar when writing the description, but I had to rewrite it five times just to fit everything into the character limit. No room for explanations what "dragoning" would mean. wink.gif Edited by Rally Vincent

home grown bears

Home grown bears! Not those forn bears that everyone likes these days!

Unlucky people might find this dragon on their travels, sitting on the broken remains of a stolen chair, slapping the strings of a waterlogged guitar and singing (terribly) about someone named Susanna. Nobody, not even his family, knows who the Susanna in question is.

Accept: OK -H

Accept: lol - I love it!

Reject:

Accept: i love it! XDDD

Accept:

Accept: Cute! I like how you said 'slapping' instead of 'playing' - Waterhorses don't have toes! xd.png ~D

Accept: HAHAHA, awesome. happy.gif

Accept:

He mentions Al Abama and Louie Z. Anna too, and nobody knows them either. wink.gif

The Fan is a fan of boats and hangs out in a shallow bay to watch them. One ship in particular has her interest: a great sailing vessel, made of cedar that appears bronze in the sunlight, its figurehead a pair of silver dragons curled around the bow. The Fan is usually at the biggest dock whenever it departs or comes in, to be as close to it as possible. The ship is large enough to comfortably accommodate fifty men and sturdy enough to easily withstand sea-dwelling dragons and other creatures bumping against the hull. That boat's size and durability and the sheer number of other boats floating around worry the Fan's companions, who can't help thinking that she will collide with one and be severely injured. She insists there's no reason to fret for her safety, but they know that one day, there will be disaster when the ship hits the Fan.

Accept: You know the weird thing is I didn't see that one coming biggrin.gif -H

Accept: I was all about this, totally getting led right into that pun trap at the end. smile.gif --lw

Accept:

Accept: I see what you did there at the end smile.gif

biggrin.gif Who's lw? Uh... Lieutenant Wyvern!?

Edited by dirtytabs

Lieutenant Wyvern! Ahahahaha! I love it. Nope, --lw is me.

I got this:

When Shalynaren's heritage was tracked and his relation to the famous pairing Midas Dorkface and Shallynaar was discovered, many dragons began to call him "Dorkface," the surname for members of that family. However he was too young to understand that the name referred to his heritage alone and took it to be a terrible insult. As he grew, this thinking remained. So many use that name that he has started to believe it; that he is nothing more than a dork (not that he knows what a "dork" is, but it must be something awful). It upsets him so much that he often struggles with things he is gifted in, like healing. He is so afraid that he will fail, proving to everyone that he is truly a dork to be mocked.

In attempt to give him confidence, his owner formally renamed him Shalynaren in honor of one of the progenitors of his famous family. But this has failed to make a difference. With so many dragons of that family, the name often is spoken towards him without thought.

Comments:

• Accept: Nice smile.gif -H
  • Accept:
  • Accept: Omg, that is such a good point... Dorkface was originally an insult... *feels guilty about naming dragons 'Dorkface* Poor Dorkface dragons! ~ Draco
(I just didn't want to give a dragon the name "Dorkface" because I don't like it and it goes against my naming scheme, but I was at a loss for ideas so this was the result, haha.) Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

This nameless little hatchling is one of many sent by an unknown individual to keep an eye on various dragon communities and report back what they find. His job is to watch the Dragonfire Circus, the first dragon-run circus to cater to both humans and dragons. Given his breed type, he's right at home amidst all the noise, chaos, and fun, and ideally suited to be part of the clown act.

Accept: MATHCAT biggrin.gif -H

Accept: I'm a bit confused - he seems to have a name? Otherwise, small fix: "chaos, and fun, and he is ideally" --lw

Accept: Cute, Mathcat! ~L

Accept:

Accept: Cute. I didn't realize that you organized your scroll by descriptions. smile.gif ~D

Reject:

((It's not so much a name as a title. Yes, I organize my scroll by storyline - hence all of the shouting pygmies.))

Aurumel is one of Crystalfire Assembly's busiest teachers. In addition to the expected magical classes - illusionry, alchemy, and the like - he also teaches diplomacy. Aurumel believes that magic, while important, ceases to be effective when facing a more powerful dragon, while the ability to talk one's way out of a sticky situation is always useful. Given that he survived having been raised at infamous Fangrock Weyr, despite being a peaceful, gentle dragon surrounded by cutthroat competition, he presumably knows what he's talking about.

Accept: If you have enough ranks in Bluff you don't need a good BAB biggrin.gif -H

Accept:

Accept: Oh yes, I finally found a Mathcat description! That's certainly a very diplomatic dragon you have there. ~ Draco

Vetharach has always been slightly confused about his designated purpose, as he believes he was meant to uncurse vampires, not zombies. If he were ever successful, even a fraction of the time, he'd be proclaimed a miracle-worker, but so far all he's created are some very annoyed vampires (not that this stops him from trying). Luckily, he lives in Dragontown, where the local vampires are more inclined to swear at him or look bemused than to retaliate. If he tried to uncurse, say, Hadek Nightbane, there would quickly be one less soulpeace dragon in the world. Vetharach already faces a certain amount of risk by living in such a well-populated area as Dragontown, but believes his mission to rid the world of evil is more important than his personal safety. Despite his one-track mind, he's a kindly dragon and views his task as one of saving vampires, not destroying them.

Accept: befuddled Vampires biggrin.gif -H

Accept:

Accept: Awesome, mathcat! I've seen a lot of fantastic Soulpeace descrips, but this is one my faves. wink.gif ~D

This nameless little hatchling is one of many sent by an unknown individual to keep an eye on various dragon communities and report back what they find. His job is to watch Starflight Weyr, accompanying them as they boldly go where no dragon has gone before. He's become something of a weyr mascot, as missions where he's present seem to generally turn out well.

Accept: Can't find a fault - you know that I love you anyway biggrin.gif -H

Accept:

Accept: Space. The Final Frontier.

Accept:

Kavella, meek and mild, has never been one to speak her mind. Her upbringing was of the most prim and proper variety, her mate was arranged for her from a respectable family, and her life consists mostly of making sure her mate is pleased. He can be harsh at times, and though she has never liked being shouted at, she simply waits until he is finished breaking things and then she goes and does whatever it was he wanted in the first place. She is really quite comfortable in her life, simple though it be, and she truly does enjoy the occasional thunderstorm that comes along with her mate's temperament. Despite the sharp contrast to her mate's machiavellian and haughty nature, she knows he truly cares for her: she can ask for anything she wants, and he will trip over himself to get it for her, if she asks just right.

Accept: It's rather nice, I like it! It sounds a bit like a true story, too...?

ah, no, it's not, sorry o3o

eta: feexed it a bit so it's less woa-abusive

Kavella, meek and mild, has never been one to speak her mind. Her upbringing was of the most prim and proper variety, her mate was arranged for her from a respectable family, and her life consists mostly of making sure her mate is pleased. He can be harsh at times, but it is rare that she actually upsets him, and when she does the matter is quickly resolved without fuss. She is really quite comfortable in her life, simple though it be, and she truly does enjoy the occasional thunderstorm that comes along with her mate's temperament. Despite the sharp contrast to her mate's machiavellian and haughty nature, she knows he truly cares for her: she can ask for anything she wants, and he will trip over himself to get it for her, and he has never given her even the slightest mistreatment.
Edited by klinneah

Time for another update smile.gif

Cigar: Accept: whatisthisidon'teven it's the cylinders, man. How did you get THIS idea?!

Well Cigar Galaxy is a real object astronoms named, add to that a Freud quote (albeit I've heard it with bananas too) and voila biggrin.gif

M 87: Accept: Them young whippersnappers, don't know how to watch the skies like a proper dragon. Why, when I was a fledgling, I had to travel five miles just to see a clear sky, but now, them little'uns just... -T

Bode's Galaxy (after Dimar's correction): Accept: I liked home grown bears. ...They taste better than that genetically modified ursine product we see on store shelves nowadays. Support small businesses! Buy home grown bears! -T

Accept: löl, nice work/mc

*Waves at T* Hi there smile.gif And Hi mc with your German keyboard smile.gif

Don Carlos: Accept: Well, what do you expect from a kid, eh? -T

Constellation Cuffs: Accept: Cuffs! CPA? ^3^ Cute description, too.

And the new ones:

Messier 83:

Most Nebulas are pretty neat creatures, they preen and groom themselves, so that their shiny patterns come out all the better. Not this one though - in an act of rebellion against his parents and all their talk about neat lineages and responsibility to one's heritage, he lives as messy as he can stand it, even going so far as to roll himself in mud come mating time, to make sure he has to take no part in all that nonsense.

Accept: MESSINESS FTW! -T

Sombrero:

Sombrero was named after the constellation in the night sky of the same name. Yet ever after learning that some humans had hats called Sombreros, he has been obsessed with finding one his size. So far he hasn't been lucky, since oviously "one size fits all" doesn't include dragons.

Accept: "being called" -> "called". Hey! They might fit a mint. Or the drakes and pygmies... -T

Accept: lolz NUMBERS APPROVES!!!!!

Thundering Stars:

Thundering Stars has the theory that all stars are nothing more than very far away lightning. If another dragon asks him, why there's no thunder to be heard, he explains patiently that there's always a delay between seeing the lightning and hearing the thunder. He believes firmly that one only has to wait long enough until the thunder of the stars WILL be heard.

Accept: *far away lightning. And keep your ears pricked...you never know tongue.gif

Accept: And because the stars are so very far away, they'll never hear the thunder in their lifetime? smile.gif -T

Accept: That'd hurt my ears D: To be fair, a green nebula's wings do look like green lightning.

Shiny Reflections:

Shiny has been fascinated with reflections, ever since he was a little hatchling and discovered his own face looking back at him from his grandparents' scales. Ever since then he spends all the time, he isn't star-gazing, looking at shiny surfaces. It's not that Shiny is vain, he couldn't care less for his own looks in fact, but he wants to see behind the magic, that allows a perfect copy to stare right back at him.

Once he bumped heads with a young Nebula dragoness as they both stared into the same calm pond and that's been quite a bit of luck for him - given his obsession it's very doubtful he would have ever found a mate otherwise.

Accept: Brb, dying of cuteness over here.

Abstain: k

Milky Way:

Lil' Milky Way likes to swim in any kind of liquid she can find. She's pretty light so she has no trouble at all doing it.

Accept: Her death comes at the volcano with her last words; "Ooh, what's this bright orangey hot stuff?"

Accept: Very unexpected. O.O ~D

Edited by herk

Heimclann are the dragons of fire, and Toorik their greatest city. The clan's territory encompasses all the volcanic islands along Dovgol's western coast, where the active volcanoes provide the heat-loving dragons the perfect environment in which to live. Many of these dragons live industrious and inventive lives, creating mechanical and magical tools that can be found nowhere else. One might even say that the clan has had something of an industrial revolution.

This particular hatchling makes his home on the outskirts of one of the smaller cities, in a shallow cave on the slope of a dying volcano. His joy is traveling, though, and he keeps records of everywhere he has been in the form of a map crudely tacked to one wall. Heimclann's territory is clearly delineated and heavily marked, a clue to his interest in the fire dragons' home. Any newcomer to the area is told to seek this hatchling first, as he will be able to point the way.

Accept: Wow but what does the hatchling have to do with it? -Luna

Accept: Very nice description. The hatchling appears to be very smart and knows what to do. smile.gif

Methinks someone did not read the second paragraph rolleyes.gif

Lieutenant Wyvern!  Ahahahaha!  I love it.  Nope, --lw is me.

Good to know. biggrin.gif

For some reason, Bubble Milk Tea flirts as a human female might. When she sees an attractive male, she approaches him, hips swaying, while tossing her voluminous hair. While in conversation, she bats her eyelashes while leaning toward the other dragon. Unfortunately for her, Bubble Milk Tea doesn't have hair at all and definitely lacks the properly-shaped hips to sway, so she just looks very strange wiggling around. The objects of her advances usually sidle away slowly as they nod politely at her. Those who don't eventually find themselves crashing to the ground because a top-heavy wyvern can only lean so much before falling over.

Accept: You made me giggle biggrin.gif -H

Accept:

Accept: Funny!!!

Reject:

Seeing that reject, it's almost as if I'm testing the readers' attention span with bizarre descriptions. tongue.gif

Great one biggrin.gif And a reminder to not review while in office because colleagues might be wondering what I'd be laughing about wink.gif