Dr. Paine

Description comments

There is a threat for recommending other people's descriptions

here

Is Jimbo still in approval queue purgatory blink.gif Or was he re-submitted?

I think I reviewed him over a month ago.

OK, maybe "your" will have to be changed, but for my whole life I have always found "linings" on the inside of whatever they are lining. Aren't they?

Yes, linings are on the inside. That's what makes them linings.

'No one should think of inviting him to a party' might be better.

Edit: Realised this thread has moved on a lot since I last saw it, so just ignore this if you like, or tease me for being so late and brain dead.

Edited by KishaRa

There is a threat for recommending other people's descriptions

here

Yep, he still is. They need to pick up on the approving descriptions. xd.png

I haven't resubmitted Jimbo, but he's nothing. I have a white hatchling, Celesti Al Capone, who's waiting for about half a year.

Last week all my descriptions got approved...that might of been what was taking up the mods time xd.png

But DraDescriWriMos coming at Easter, so little bit longer smile.gif

Anyhooo...

Risa has always been obsessed with death. She'll spend hours on end reading through scrolls, her mind caught up in the horrible facts of whatever tragedy has been recorded. Those who talk to her see her as a normal, positive dragon, so nobody can understand why she has such a gore-filled hobby, nor why she doesn't weep like so many others when hearing of the bloody history of her time. Some worry that she may try to replicate these, but Risa has shown no intention of doing so, claiming it is just simple curiosity, and they are over suspicious. However it is not uncommon to hear Risa talk about death; what would happen if she died, how would those who knew her, but not closely react and this obsession can leave others feeling uncomfortable around her. While she is aware of this, Risa cannot help herself, as it is her passion, the same way that others love flying or cooking, and the words bubble out of her like a torrent of misguided enthusiasm.

Accept: You've got quite a bunch of morbid dragons Tastica smile.gif

Hehehehehehe xd.png

Edited by Emeraldmay

I haven't resubmitted Jimbo, but he's nothing. I have a white hatchling, Celesti Al Capone, who's waiting for about half a year.

I have had several descriptions approved recently, not all of them, though. So someone is working on it.

I'm pretty sure these comments are from the same person, and high five to them for being awesome!

Long ago, Pazuzu was chased hither and yon by an elderly man who called himself Professor Farnsworth, and demanded three wishes from Pazuzu. After spending years as a prisoner of the tottering old fool, Pazuzu escaped and returned to his family.

Cavern Lurker

User Comments

Accept: 'Good news everyone - this description gets an accept' /(and you totally did the voice in your head wink.gif)

Yes, yes I did do the voice in my head.

Farny - or Professor Farnsworth, as he prefers to be called - is an elderly dragon who believes he is a world famous inventor and scientist. Most other dragons have never heard of 'Science' and believe that Professor Farnsworth is an old fool who practices sorcery. Although, he now spends most of his time now searching for his lost pet Pazuzu, who still owes him two of his three wishes.

White dragon

User Comments

Accept: "Sure, everyone's always in favor of saving Hitler's brain, but put it in the body of a great white shark... oooooh, suddenly you've gone too far!" biggrin.gif

xd.png Thanks for those!

This dragon enjoys patrolling the seas, diving into the water and attacking any vessel he comes across. Sadly, he doesn't realize that he is much too small to do any damage, and most days he returns to his cave exhausted and mildly battered.

Seawyrm pygmy

User Comments

Accept: Nice one smile.gif

Accept: ahaha, I like it!

Thank you both! Those are pretty much the only ones out of 12 pending that have comments. And I'm glad they do, I was starting to wonder if people had just stopped commenting unless you needed a grammatical fix.

I'm pretty sure these comments are from the same person, and high five to them for being awesome!

Cavern Lurker

User Comments

Accept: 'Good news everyone - this description gets an accept' /(and you totally did the voice in your head wink.gif)

Yes, yes I did do the voice in my head.

White dragon

User Comments

Accept: "Sure, everyone's always in favor of saving Hitler's brain, but put it in the body of a great white shark... oooooh, suddenly you've gone too far!" biggrin.gif

xd.png Thanks for those!

Seawyrm pygmy

User Comments

Accept: Nice one smile.gif

Accept: ahaha, I like it!

Thank you both! Those are pretty much the only ones out of 12 pending that have comments. And I'm glad they do, I was starting to wonder if people had just stopped commenting unless you needed a grammatical fix.

guilty, guilty and guilty - glad to make you happy.

Accept: You've got quite a bunch of morbid dragons Tastica smile.gif

guilty, too I had two or three of yours in a row and noticed a theme smile.gif

The danger of having several descriptions in the queue is that you will get a lot of comments that wind you up here.

This one (Summer):

Lazy is the embodiment of that aspect of summer when there is little to do, and the hot summer afternoons seem to stretch endlessly on, fostering inactivity and indolence. Lazy's skin is hot and dry and smells of dust and overblown blossoms.

Got:

Reject: This is confusing.

Confusing, really?

This (Summer):

Hazy is the embodiment of that aspect of summer when the heat lies over all the landscape like a thick fog, shimmering. Hazy's skin is hot and dry and smells of dust and overblown blossoms.

and this (Summer):

Crazy is the embodiment of that aspect of summer when one feels capable of the most outrageous behavior, and tries most anything. Crazy's skin is hot and dry and smells of dust and overblown blossoms.

both got no comment rejects.

Then this (Summer):

Tricksie is a bit of a trickster. She is not unkind, but she loves to play jokes and see the target of her prank jump or blush. Tricksie's skin is hot and dry and smells of dust and overblown blossoms.

got:

Accept: Like the dragon, like the description smile.gif

Which I love.

Other Summers, with descriptions much like these, got no comment accepts.

((Thanks, but I'm just one of many people here that are writing or have written good descriptions - just check out Approved Descriptions.))

Veuret teaches magical history at the Crystalfire Assembly. Her students often joke that she's old enough to have lived through most of it herself, though they're careful not to do it when she might be around to hear. She has no patience for disrespect or slackers, and woe betide anyone who doesn't do the homework. As Veuret also manages the library, she always has an assortment of the dullest memory crystals and scrolls she can find for such dragons to organize.

Accept: "The dragon ate my homework!"

Accept: Yikes!.......Hmm.....she should go on a school trip. Just so everyone can see if she's different then.....

((When read in context as part of the Crystalfire Assembly storyline, it should be clearer that the students are also dragons. A dragon teaching at a human university would be interesting, though, and it's one idea I don't think I've explored yet. A human at a dragon university would also be interesting.))

((I had a comment once (a couple years back) that accused me of plagiarism. I still have no idea what I was supposed to have inadvertently copied.))

Accept: "The dragon ate my homework!"

*raises hand* smile.gif

Anpan Sparking! She got her name when she tried a treat named anpan... she hated it. But during stakeouts, she would eat anpan as a blessing for the Stakeout God. So she'd slowly get addicted to anpan. She'd throw anpan at everyone she met. Still, she anpan hates anpan. Mention anpan to anpan and anpan go anpan crazy.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/nUcgO

I enjoyed this.

Call of the Dark:

With scales black as ink and eyes that shine like the purest of emeralds, Call of the Dark considers himself the greatest black dragon in all of the Caves of Twilight. He fights with other dragons to prove his strength, but never uses his magic against another resident of the caves. Some say it is because as a hatchling, he used powerful magic during a friendly battle and seriously harmed his opponent. Though the other hatchling survived, he feared he may lose control of his warrior nature again.

Call of the Dark has an affinity for female dragons with brightly colored scales. No one is exactly certain why, but some suspect it is because he thinks too highly of his own scales. Seeing another dragon with dark scales not nearly as "perfect" as his own would be far too much for him to bear. Though he prefers dragons in shades of white, he has been known to stare off in the direction of yellow and pink shaded dragonesses as well.

Accept:

Abstain: Don't say "dragonesses".

And why not...? I have seen others use dragoness, why can't I? blink.gif

Call of the Dark:

Accept:

Abstain: Don't say "dragonesses".

And why not...? I have seen others use dragoness, why can't I? blink.gif

I use it all the time and it's OK don't worry wink.gif

@ raindear:

I just approved one of the summer ones. It sounds just lovely to me, and paints a lovely picture of some summer feelings I have myself.

@ Everyone:

I've been gone for years, and just came back now. Seems to me like the general quality of descriptions has gone up. smile.gif

The frequency of complete crap is way down, so far as I can tell. (Even though I did just see one that simply said "bampf", which I'm guessing is a misspelling of 'bamf'...)

My favourite description of my own, which got quite a few positive remarks back in the day, Love Letter :

Love Letter was originally just that, a love letter. But the words were so powerful that they served as a spell that woke the paper to life.

Love letter is a wonderfully loving, romantic and supportive dragon, made so by the very words printed on him.

wub.gif Edited by Svataben

I use it all the time and it's OK don't worry wink.gif

Alright. smile.gif As long as there's no reason why I shouldn't be using it! Just used to seeing empty accepts and then "ABSTAIN!!!" shows up. xd.png

Orlageddon almost constantly maintains an intimidating appearance so that others leave her in peace. Even when she is happy, she rarely smiles, and she has mastered a glare that is guaranteed to send annoying hatchlings running to their parents in an instant. She isn't exactly evil, though; just moody and not much of a social butterfly. Even when she was a hatchling, Orlageddon liked to play by herself. Easy to amuse, she would often spend hours on end with a single toy that caught her eye, and she was happiest with some of her keeper's crayons and paper. This artistic passion, if not necessarily talent, has stayed with her to this day.

Accept: Does Orlageddon know she has a dragon counterpart? o_O

Someone knows me! xd.png

My other new description got nothing but a blank reject. mad.gif Thanks for the concrit.

My sister was going through the descriptions for her turpentine mates, saw this under "Imboreda"...

Imboreda and her mate, RainbowBLEAAAHH (Yes, that's his name) are spontaneous and random, acting on impulse rather than hinking about the consequences. This can lead them into all sorts of situations, from positive to deadly (usually deadly). However, they always manage to make emerge from the turmoil unharmed. Beyond the impulsive behavior, they act like fairly normal Turpentines. They will steal food (and other things too- from common rocks to eggs and even live hatchlings) from under dragon's noses, and will hunt with other Turpentines. Rainbow and Imboreda do not care where they spread their turpentine-like toxins, resulting in many dragons having a burning feeling in their feet. Of all the Turpentines, they are considered the most pest-like, and are despised by many. Luckily, they can be easily avoided, as they announce their presence by making high-pitched shrieking noises and spouting random gibberish in telepathy to any and all living creatures nearby.

Accept: You forgot the 't' on thinking! Ahhhhhh!

AAAAHHHH OMG OMG OHMAHGAWSH WER ALL GONNA DYEEEEEEEE

DESUILGVHYUF67VIZKV5HY GV83;Y 3HU489QFHKEJSWHCUESKGTU

EDIT: Got this on her other Turpentine, RainbowBLEAAAHH (which is basically Imboreda's description copypasta'd):

Accept: "So how were you today?" I just caught a Hooloovoo in my anti-ray net, how about you?" "Eh, I just spat Rainbows at my friends." "Ah that's cool..."
Edited by BrennaTheNillia

Just, this is the single most comments/votes I've ever received for a description. O.o

Accept:

Accept:

Abstain: Quite nice, but it doesn't describe the dragon, it only describes someone's very brief encounter with it.

Accept:

Reject: Beautiful passage, but it isn't a description.

Accept:

Abstain: ?

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Reject:

This would be a normal bump, but I want to add something productive.

This dragon goes in and out of moods depending on the time of year.

For most of the year she is snappy and rude. She stays secluded in her cave, not talking to anyone, leaving only for food and drink. The hatchlings (Adults avoid her from experience) who accidentally venture in will get a yelling and scolding they'll never forget. This worsens in the summer, where she will actually attack.

But as the weather gets colder and the landscape snowier, her mood gradually brightens. Eventually her "GET OUT OF MY CAVE" turns to "Please Leave" to "Hello." Come the week before Christmas, she will actually leave her cave to socialize with other dragons. Come Christmas itself she is at her brightest, giving presents to all throughout the cave, wishing Adults and Hatchlings alike a Merry Christmas, and pitching in with the other Winter Dragons to make Christmas Dinner. All is fine and well until she eventually and inevitably snaps back into her old cranky and violent disposition again.

● Accept:

● Accept: Grumpy xmas dragon ftw!

● Accept:

● Accept:

● Accept:

● Accept:

● Accept:

● Accept:

Made my night wink.gif

Edited by Dracoscar

His eyes widened as he looked up at the two humans above him. His mother and father looked different to him now, whilst they had beautiful turquoise markings and dull brown flesh, his paw that he raised in front of him was a sickly shade of green. His parents looked over him with a worried expression and his human Mistress stood by them, all of their eyes watched him though, in awe. His parents' names had been specifically designed to bring hope to the male stood next to their mistress. They spoke of hope and dreams coming to reality. He cocked his head as his mistress wrote something next to his picture on a piece of paper. The male human had smiled and read out the names in sentence, "Never forget, sweet angel, that wishes can come true. And we'll make ours come true."

The little green baby cocked his head to the other side as the humans embraced. He lifted his paws and attempted to balance on his hind legs, but they turned away. "Love me too! Please..." he whimpered.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/HA7kD

I had a load of accepts, but Lagie wrote a couple of grammatical features I needed to fix up, and when I edited it, I now only have 3. :c

Accept: Creeeeeepy... and sad... and good!

Accept:

Accept:

Oh well. At least they are accepts! :3

huh.gif I don't think it was me, was it?

I don't recognize that description.

(Or maybe I'm just sleepy and braindead...)

I was pretty certain it was you. You might have signed your name or something, because I remember thinking something along the lines of "I should send Lagie a gift for making sure my dragon didn't look stupid ^^;"

Or maybe I was tired and braindead?

xd.png

Faith is a friendly, generally unassuming dragoness who runs a shrine dedicated to two goddesses. As its high priestess, she takes strength from the prayers directed to the shrine even as the goddesses do, and has become something of a living god herself, able to perform small miracles to help the faithful. Very few know the truth about this power, though, which she pretends to attribute to the goddesses she serves. She's quite kindhearted, and will try to help anyone who needs it, especially if she's gained strength from their prayers.

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Reject: Making a dragon a "living god" is getting too close to Mary Sue... ~D

Accept:

:/ Regarding the reject, she's a "living god" only in that her abilities are enhanced by the prayers directed at her shrine. Sure, she could probably poof a few fish out of nowhere, but she's not intended to be overpowered, just a direct reference to the Touhou character Sanae Kochiya. I'm not sure how to correct this though.

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

:/ Regarding the reject, she's a "living god" only in that her abilities are enhanced by the prayers directed at her shrine. Sure, she could probably poof a few fish out of nowhere, but she's not intended to be overpowered, just a direct reference to the Touhou character Sanae Kochiya. I'm not sure how to correct this though.

Oops, I guess that I got the wrong impression while I was reading that. I took it to mean that she had become a real god and was keeping it a secret from the other dragons, but now I understand that's not the case. You don't need to correct anything, that was my mistake. wink.gif