Dr. Paine

Description comments

I have a striped black dragon that I described this way:

This dragon likes to show off before males by appearing with her wings close about her and various bits of hoard such as banners and jewelry draped over her. Slowly she moves about, shedding one piece of hoard at a time and moving her wings slightly further out from her body. Just when the last piece of hoard is removed and her wings about to unveil her torso, she darts behind a tree. This has proven effective at attracting mates who do not bother her with long-term relationships.
User Comments

•Accept: *giggle* I might change hoard to 'her hoard' - H

•Accept:

•Accept: Very funny! Especially considering that dragons don't wear clothes in the first place. ~D

•Reject: You are begging to be banned...

•Abstain: Haha, neat description! "wings are about to unveil"

•Accept:

The reject got me to wondering - was I too risqué?

And a pillow dragon:

This dragon has a unique hunting style that takes advantage of his very thick fur. He lands atop his prey and simply smothers it. When the prey stops moving, he waits an extra couple of minutes to be sure, then feasts. This technique has proven very fruitful; Smuthurrurr's coat has an extra sheen due to his high-protein diet.
for which I got this comment:
Accept: fruitful-> effective (would be nicer methinks as I immediately thought of 'be fruitful and multiply' this way wink.gif ) Otherwise nice -H
I'm going to leave it as is, because I meant that he got lots of food through this method. The comment first shocked me and then made me laugh, so if others laugh about the description too, that's bonus. :-)

For all those who commented on my frozen pillow dragon:

Ornithophobe is terrified of birds. He was minding his own business one day, napping under a bush, when a bird building its nest spotted a tuft of his fur sticking out. Others in its flock, also nesting, saw the bird's prize and came for the soft fur as well. The poor hatchling awoke in pain from the flock of birds all pulling at his fur. To this day, he has a bare spot on his back left flank and avoids birds as much as possible.
User Comments

•Accept: Nice smile.gif -H

•Accept:

•Accept: Aw, poor little guy.

•Accept:

•Accept: I can see that happening, poor guy.

•Accept: Aww, poor guy. smile.gif ~D

•Accept: Poor dragon!!!

•Accept: Awwww

These really let me know I hit the mark I was going for, thank you!

It was also great to see fellow Monty Python fans got my reference:

Kelppe is a strong believer in democracy. He hates when anyone is forced to do others' bidding or keep silent simply because they were not born as powerful. He has made it known that he will help anyone who calls to let him know they are in that sort of trouble. An effective summoning cry for him is, "Kelppe! Kelppe! I'm being repressed!"
User Comments

•Accept: * or keep -> or kept* Yay for MP references smile.gif -H

•Accept:

•Accept: Interesting. ~D

•Accept: xd.png Monty Python and the Holy Grail?

•Accept: oh my, i do believe i see what you did there

This description was based on a character quirk one of the gamers in our group had for his character. The druid in the party kept trying to tell him, "It's a PELT!" but he refused to accept the truth.

This dragon was nicknamed "Squirrelly" by the other dragons because of her pet. She encountered a squirrel one day and was fascinated by how it scampered through the trees. She followed it, watching its antics, until she ran into a branch because she was watching the squirrel instead of where she was going. As she recovered, the squirrel scampered over to hide a nut under her wing; this won her heart. She named the squirrel "Nutsy" and had it sit on her shoulder as she flew about.

Unfortunately, squirrels are not as long-lived as dragons; Nutsy died and Squirrelly was heartbroken. Refusing to let the creature go, she keeps the dead squirrel tied to her shoulder and sometimes converses with it as though it were still alive.

User Comments

•Accept: That was a disturbingly funny picture biggrin.gif -H

•Accept: "My Crazy Obsession"

•Accept: Eww~

•Accept:

•Accept: sad :C

•Accept:

•Accept: It started out amusing, but then... became creepy. ~D

•Accept: Really loved that squirrel

•Accept:

•Accept: Sad sad.gif

Again, the comments tell me I hit the mark, thank you!! Edited by Awdz Bodkins

The reject got me to wondering - was I too risqué?

I seriously doubt that you would be banned. Personally, I think that it's fine because you don't say anything crude or describe anything graphic. It's not worse than PG-13, which is what the forums are. Plus, dragons don't wear clothes in the first place, so it's humorous.

But if it IS inappropriate, then the mod will Reject it and tell you. If you don't want to wait for that, try poking Sock and asking her. wink.gif

Gordon Gekko (s2 male Pumpkin hatchling)

Gordon Gekko works as a rockbroker at the New Dork Rock Exchange, also known as Small Street, the biggest institution of its kind in the United Caves. Rockholders from everywhere are buying and selling rocks given out by large national caves like General Cavelectrics, A Tea and Tea (producing yummy tea) and Elvis Inc (known for their slogan 'King of Rocks and Rolls'). The actual cave is far too small to house every single trader which is why only the most successful Dragons have the right to make their business in the cave. These fortunate individuals are called 'inside traders'. Gordon Gekko is the biggest inside trader of them all. His employees are just as sharp as Gekko himself; his assistant for instance is sly as a fox!
  • Accept: I recognize your writing Rally biggrin.gif Sehr nett - H
  • Accept: Okay, this dragon made me do a double take. Not used to seeing pumpkin hatchlings. tongue.gif Love all the names. NDRE and AT&T made me smile. -T
  • Accept: New Dork Rock Exchange - try saying that ten times really fast! ---

Kosuzu is a cheery, carefree dragon who collects books. She spends all her time reading, seeking more books, or playing with her best friend, Akyuu. A large number of her books are powerful spellbooks, cursed, or even have dangerous monsters sealed within, but Kosuzu doesn't worry too much- if anything happened, she is on good terms with all the powerful spellcasters in her cave, and she is confident they would save her.

Accept: Nice :) -H

Accept:

Accept: Make sure Marisa doesn't steal any books.

I'm pretty sure Marisa already did XD I'm glad someone got the reference though. And I'm glad someone else thought it was nice.

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

Wowsers, whoever the moderator is, thank you for approving all those descriptions!

The latest round brings me up to 526 described dragons/etc. on my scroll. It was 527, but I saw a typo in one. I feel like I finally earned my gold trophy. :-)

Wowsers, whoever the moderator is, thank you for approving all those descriptions!

The latest round brings me up to 526 described dragons/etc. on my scroll. It was 527, but I saw a typo in one. I feel like I finally earned my gold trophy. :-)

I want to second this "Thank you." I only had a few descriptions in the queue this time, but I was grateful to find them accepted today.

Your welcome smile.gif I did do a few hundred today and hopefully will do a few tomorrow as well.

Aquenee is a calm, relaxed young dragon. She spends her time taking in the greatness of life, watching and studying the world around her. Wondering about absolutely everything, she isn't afraid to try new things if it means gaining knowledge. Many dragons don't appear to notice her or take an interest in her, but she doesn't mind; she takes an interest in them, though. She loves to delve into what others might be thinking, and learn about the minds of dragons and how they think, how they act and why they may act that way. She often finds herself alone, but she passes the time by imagining her own stories and tales. Aquenee uses the knowledge found from observing other dragons to create fairytale characters in her mind, experimenting with realistically portraying new and various personalities, even ones she really is not fond of. She somewhat wants to join Fantomasy, a group of role playing dragons, in order to get a better feel for her skill, but she believes she wouldn't fit in well.

Accept: Aquenee should write fanfiction smile.gif Love the description -H

Accept: very nice ~klin

Accept:

Accept: Very lovely, Vexy! smile.gif ~D

Silly Herk, she has written fanfiction(or at least her human counterpart has!) ;D Two Kingdom Hearts, one still-progressing MLP/Kingdom Hearts crossover.

Also one that is... Kingdom Hearts, but it has deviated to 98% original content over three/four years of role playing.

I also snickered at this comment:

Black Stain, despite her name, absolutely loathes stains. She has been known to tear apart and burn pieces of scrolls that her owner has written on, just because her owner might've gotten a drop of water on the paper.

Accept: more like stain remover, eh?

Hatsheput the Queen (an alt black dragon)

Hatsheput the Queen is a proud and respected warrior. But Hatsheput wasn't always as such. When she was born, Hatsheput's parents realized what a rarity she was. They decided that she must be protected and was not allowed to leave her family's cave. Hatsheput, like all black dragons, was eager to begin training to become a warrior, but her dreams were crushed when her parents told her no. Yet Hatsheput was not to be daunted! She ran away and joined the Royal Dragon Warriors under the guise of a male dragon. She remained in this charade for a year, and rose in rank, until her fellow warriors discovered her secret when the beard she wore fell off during battle. But the warriors respected Hatsheput's spirit and bravery so much that they remained loyal to her. Since she sparked such loyalty, Hatsheput was given the nickname "The Queen."

Accept: Because of historical reference reasons I'm going to let slide the fact that male dragons don't have beards wink.gif -H

Accept:

Accept: Nice job! ~D

Accept:

Heehee thanks for catching that Herk. And how do you know if dragons have beards or not? Maybe they wear them on occasion to be fa~uncy xd.png

Sigma is a polite, unassuming Waterwalker who loves to happily 'skip' around the surface of the water and snap up small frogs, which are her favorite treat. She is good friends with many dragons who study magic, and she lets them test less harmful spells on her- this has resulted in her building up a bit of magical ability herself, which she mostly uses to zap frogs so they can't get away.

Accept: Nice smile.gif -H (why isn't Sigma named though?)

Accept: *chuckles* I love her exotic use of magic ;-)

Accept: Nice. smile.gif ~D

She isn't named because her code is "sIGMa" and the name Sigma belongs to someone else. Glad her description is liked though c:

Akyuu is a calm, friendly dragon. Though for official recording purposes Akyuu is supposedly male, the truth is that this Shimmerscale is a female who has been purposely hiding her gender in order to seem more important, since many of the dragon breeds she encounters are rather patriarchal. To maintain the charade, her clan's Magi dragons made a spell for her that allows her to breed with other females- she prefers females anyways, so she's happy to use it. She is in charge of recording all of the dragon breeds in existence, though she will let their rumors flavor her writing. As a result, some species' danger levels or abilities are exaggerated. When not going around to meet other dragons in order to add their entries to the Dragon Cave Chronicle, she spends her time with her best friend Kosuzu, a bronze Shimmerscale.

Accept: Nice smile.gif -H

Accept: Interesting - a transgender Shimmer... ~ Draco

Accept: Im going to assume as well as being able to breed with the girls, it also covers her own female-scent? Otherwise the dragons could easily smell her identity... x3 Nice description!

Accept:

This is actually my second dragon whose on-site gender doesn't match up with their description gender- my other one is a purple nebula.

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

She isn't named because her code is "sIGMa" and the name Sigma belongs to someone else. Glad her description is liked though c:

This is actually my second dragon whose on-site gender doesn't match up with their description gender- my other one is a purple nebula.

Ah thanks for clearing that up - I only saw the (unnamed) and didn't think to look for the code smile.gif

Helper, despite her(she is assumed female) diminutive stature, tries as hard as she can to help out the bigger dragons in any way possible. However, due to her lack of flight and slow speed, she has a tendency to accidentally hold back the dragon she tries to help. Many of the other dragons saw her as a nuisance, and started to ignore her requests to help out. That is, until she met Emerald Coast. The young Pillow is known for her excellent flying skills and her amiable nature. The two teamed up; Helper would continue to help out the dragons while Coast would quickly fly Helper to wherever the dragons needed her to be.
Accept: * her(she-> her (she* Otherwise nice smile.gif -H

Uh, what? xd.png I don't get it.

There needs to be a space smile.gif

It's to indicate there should be a space between the word "her" and the opening bracket.

Edit: Herk, you ninja!

Edited by KishaRa

Oh, well that makes sense. I'll fix it right now. smile.gif

Wow. 0_o As soon as I fixed it, it was approved.

Edited by FlyingDragona

Hey! Thanks mods for approving some descriptions! All of mine turned out perfect! Now I can write some more!

I'm pretty sure Marisa already did xd.png I'm glad someone got the reference though. And I'm glad someone else thought it was nice.

That was me who got it! /waves

Also, I got this.

Shining Sonic Screwdriver hates the undead. Hates them to bits. He tends to follow Balmung Gungir around, trying to kick him and send his soul back to the afterlife, usually yelling "why don't you just die already!" Everyone knows that this won't work, but they don't stop him from trying.

And these were the responses

•Accept: very nice ~klin

•Accept: Awesome name. wink.gif ~D

•Abstain: If a dragon is undead, hasn't it already died?

I don't know what to think of the abstain. o_o

And for Abscheulich, I got a comment that was like "why did you vampire a silver?" Well, I caught her in a Cave, so I didn't. I think it's neat though... made a great backstory.

A pending description for one of my Crimson Flare Pygmies

Theskith longed for a description so much that he could not wait to be given one, so he ‘borrowed’ a quill and some ink and wrote his own. Talons designed for grasping prey did not turn out to be that well suited for writing however and one line of shaky, blotchy script was all he could manage. His finished description read ‘This leetLe draGon lIkeS to flY iN stEep dIVes’. Satisfied, he decided to step back and admire his work, only to find writing that was not his own underneath his description. The writing told him to fix something called ‘spelling’ that he didn’t even know was broken and that he should write a bit more about his personality. He then flew off in disgust exclaiming, “I’m a dragon!”  “You should be pleased that I actually managed to write anything at all!”

Abstain: Heh, neat! I do think if there's a reason you call him "he" when it is a female, you could make that clear. Need commas around "however" I think.

Thank you, I hadn't checked her gender before I wrote the description and assumed that he was a she

Thank you very much for approving my Simoniac's description. I think that was you, rubyshoes, right? I'm very happy that my dragon has description, it's one thing I dream of. All the credit go to Justarius for composing it up, and thanks everyone for checking and reading, you made my day. biggrin.gif

Edited by isomanic

Fixed a few mistakes in Theskith's description

Theskith longed for a description so much that she could not wait to be given one, so she 'borrowed' a quill and some ink and wrote her own. Talons designed for grasping prey did not turn out to be that well suited for writing however and one line of shaky, blotchy script was all that she could manage. Her finished description read 'This leetLe draGon lIkeS to flY iN stEep dIVes'. Satisfied, she decided to step back and admire her work, only to find writing that was not her own underneath her description. The writing told her to fix something called 'spelling' that she didn't even know was broken and that she should write a bit more about her personality. She then flew off in disgust exclaiming, "I'm a dragon!"  "You should be pleased that I actually managed to write anything at all!"

Accept: You made me giggle biggrin.gif -H

Accept: LOL...epic descriptionception is...erm...epic?

Accept: hehe. cute and funny. smile.gif

Reject:

Accept: This is quite amusing. smile.gif ~D

Accept:

Accept:

Thank you apart from the blank reject

I also wrote this for a Misfit Pygmy

One day Ungolth split ink on her mistresses' scroll. The majority of the ink ended up on a drawing of a Lumina dragon. Meanwhile, a Lumina dragon who was minding his own business suddenly found his scales covered in sticky black ink which he then had to remove by pulling off his scales. Ungolth, who happened to be watching this, realised the connection between his spilling ink on the drawing of the dragon and the ink appearing on the real dragon. So he now spills ink on the drawings of the cave's Lumina dragons every opportunity that he gets.

Accept: Nice smile.gif -H

Accept: And has he tried any other alterations?

Accept: funny -sl

Abstain: *realized *cave’s This is a hilarious way to make the scroll interact with the DC universe. smile.gif —D

Accept: about the last sentence - I’d love to hear ‘why’ he now spills ink on the drawings - does he like to see the real dragon pull off its scales?

Accept:

Reject:

Realised is the brit spelling but thank you for pointing out caves

And yes he does like to see the real dragons pull off their scales

The way I see it any changes to the dragons/eggs (such as growing up or hatching) result in their sketches on the scroll also changing. So then the opposite should work, in that spilling ink on the picture results in spilt ink on the dragon (or drawing mustaches or glasses or whatever)

Boron is a bit of an odd one.  For reasons (mostly) unknown, he seems set in the belief that he is a knight from a mysterious kingdom sent to destroy an unknown evil. As one would expect, most dragons in the cave are convinced he's crazy; the few believers being Ambala Redstar and the resident Pillows.

No one is quite sure what happened to him to make him believe this, with the most popular being Artemis stepping on him when he was a baby, and the Pygmies using his egg as a ball before he hatched.

After Boron nearly destroyed the entire cave in an explosion, Nicocta and Thunderhead assigned him as Sub-Captain of the Guard', (despite Sub-Captain' being a fake position, and there being no Captain of the Guard or any Guard at all), which has kept him from destroying anything else. Now, he spends most of his time off in the forest, chasing deer and looking for non-existent spies.

Accept: Hey. Hey dragon. Are you sure you're not a spy?

---

Made me laugh for a good while.

Edited by DayGloryNightGlory

Shining Sonic Screwdriver hates the undead. Hates them to bits. He tends to follow Balmung Gungir around, trying to kick him and send his soul back to the afterlife, usually yelling "why don't you just die already!" Everyone knows that this won't work, but they don't stop him from trying.

And these were the responses

•Accept: very nice ~klin

•Accept: Awesome name. wink.gif ~D

•Abstain: If a dragon is undead, hasn't it already died?

I don't know what to think of the abstain.

I meant that saying "why don't you just die already" is a little odd to me because if the dragon is undead, it died in the past. Being expunged by a Soulpeace might technically count as dying a second time, I'm not sure, but it made the description feel off to me (even with it not being a "real" expunge).

Edited by diaveborn