wondersueak

Breeding and Action Timers

You know the breeding timer? Where after you breed a dragon, when you go to breed it again before 7 days it says this: "This dragon cannot breed because it last bred less than 7 days ago." In stead of that I was thinking it would be better if we had a more persice breeding timer where it goes like this *"This dragon cannot breed because it last bred 7 days and 13 hours ago." for example*

Suggestions for timers:

1. "Please wait 2 days and 15 hours" (suggested by alci)

2. "This dragon can next breed on January 7th at 2:18" (suggested by matya)

3. "This dragon can next breed in 6 days 23 hours and 12 minutes" (sheppardkid; could even show down to the seconds)

I support this fully, especially the third version of the last bred timer.

Definitely support. Honestly, it's such a simple suggestion that I'm surprised we don't already have it. After all, we have timers exactly like this for eggs and hatchlings.

I know there is a suggestion for this somewhere; I can't find a whole thread about it, so it may just be in cave feedback, but still... Mods please merge if you can find it - I did try !

Here I am FRANTIC to try for a trade for a hatchie which is already well below 4 days. blink.gif The two CBs I need to try with were bred a week ago. I keep refreshing them but they still say one day, and I have no idea how many hours of that day I still have to wait - I KNOW it isn't anywhere near 24 hours...

Could the last bred thing possibly be changed to show hours, as well as days (minutes would be even better !) like a growing thing does:

Thingy here will die if it doesn't grow up in: 4 days and 3 hours

Please please PLEASE ? With egg nog ?

YES PLEASE. I would love to see timers in hours (or minutes, yes, that would be even happier) on every action, to be honest - I can't count the number of times I had to keep checking every hour throughout the day because I needed to use an action but had no idea what time it would change over.

This has my full support. Even if we would get only hours, it would help me a lot. I don't remeber what I did at what hour one week ago xd.png

Edited by natli

Ah yes yes please! Full support for stated reasons!

Oh boy, yes please.

I manually keep track of breeding times so I know when a pair comes off breed cooldown, but this would be super helpful.

I will add my support for this even though I currently keep a manual breeding log complete with date and time and would probably still continue to do so. Still this would make things much easier than going back to refer to that log.

All I can say is yes PLEASE!

It would be nice to have a more accurate idea of when an egg will hatch or a hatchie will grow up. As it is, I often keep checking not being precisely certain when it will happen.

I seem to recall a very popular, highly supported thread on this before and numerous pleadings through the years - and wouldn't we all just love it!

Pretty please, TJ, with Flying Pancakes on top, can we haz this?

It's such a perpetual pain, not being able to remember breeding times perhaps scattered at different points literally anywhere during the day and night, especially when breeding multiple dragons daily, when all just say wait 1/2/3 or whatever DAYS...

Edit: Hi, Silverswift,

if you look at the egg's or hatchy's page, it'll say something like: 'Egg will die if it doesn't hatch in: 5 days and 6 hours' - in this thread, we're hoping for something like that on the breeding timers, to count down time until the dragon opens.

Having minutes as well would be much better, but on the breeding pages, we get only a wait one DAY message abruptly altering to the dragon being open, with no hint of WHEN in the day this will occur...

With growing dragons, at least we know when hatching/growing up can occur within the hour, if the View numbers support the possibility, so that while minutes would be nice on both, the issues are more commonly with breeding times being forgotten, and the one day wait potentially encompassing anything from a full 24 hours to a moment away. smile.gif

Edited by Syphoneira

I'd love this! I don't always remember to keep track of exactly what time I bred, this would be a welcome addition!

I seem to recall a very popular, highly supported thread on this before and numerous pleadings through the years - and wouldn't we all just love it!

Pretty please, TJ, with Flying Pancakes on top, can we haz this?

So do I - but I COULD not find it !

Support.

Either this, or actually expanding the action log past 100 entries. Showing the entirelty of the last 7 days would be my preference....

Just... Something!

Cheers!

C4.

I would definitely agree that it'd be useful to have hours on the BSA and Breeding timers.

Separate but related, as others have brought up already, minutes on egg and hatchie timers would be very useful in allowing me to actually achieve things in real life rather than repeatedly refreshing to figure out how far past the hour it rolls.

So much support. I do remember seeing a suggestion very, very similar to this. I completely and utterly support this will every fiber of my being. this would be incredibly helpful because hatchlings and eggs at least reach a 0days xxhours on their pages but for Dragon can breed in: x days that's all we get. even if its already been a week.

being able to see a:

This dragon cannot breed because it has bred recently. Please wait 5 days 12 hours.

on the actions page would be absolutely amazing. Once we hit the final day when they should be able to breed it would read something like:

This dragon cannot breed because it has bred recently. Please wait 0 days 2 hours.

This way we know "Ok its 3:40, in approximately 2 hours it can breed. I'll check back at 4:00-4:15 see if its ready." and you don't have to sit there refreshing every 5 minutes wondering "Is it ready yet? Is it ready yet? Is it ready yet?"

Edited by AnanoKimi

Thanks for the merge, whoever did that smile.gif

Yup, the thread this is merged with is from Sep 3, 2009 - no wonder people lacking Mod Super Powers couldn't find it, petrified in the lower strata of DC threads as it would have been, borne down by our despair... (sobs theatrically)

Surely a 5-year latency period ought to cover this request? xd.png

Apparently I never voiced my support on this.

Yes, this would be very convenient, especially the variant that tells you the exact time that you can perform the action.

Full support. Minutes would be great, but even just hours would be wonderful.

Edit: Actually like CNR said just saying the exact time (ex: your dragon can breed again at 1:38 PM EST) would be even more useful and not have to keep updating the timer.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy