wondersueak

Breeding and Action Timers

I support this wholeheartedly.

Anything to make it more precise is good IMO.

Maybe you could also have it so the user can toggle the feature on and off if they want?

Please? I'd like to eliminate this.

Me: Is it ready to breed yet!? *checks*

Five minutes later...

Me: Is it ready to breed now!? *checks*

Five minutes later...

Me: HOW ABOUT NOW!? *checks*

xd.png

I don't see this as being entirely necessary, but then again, I don't breed all that often. xd.png If this many people seem to support the idea though, then that probably means that it's going to help people out, so I support too. smile.gif That being said, there are other features that I'd prioritize over something like this though.

Id also like to support this. Even now, i have 5 dragons that say 1 day, and was supposed to be today, but i dont know what time their cooldown will end. SO i have to stay up, instead of just knowing what time they will be ready. D:

So i support this. smile.gif

I couldn't find a topic like this out there, though I know my search-fu on these forums is pretty bad, so feel free to lash me with a wet noodle if I missed it!

It probably would take a lot of coding, but I was wondering if it would be possible to have a specific time/date for when each dragon can breed again. Instead of just "please wait X days", have something like, "This dragon can next breed after January 7th at 2:18". I know, if I had any sense, I would write down the time/date when I last tried breeding a dragon, but I appear to lack sense! wink.gif So I spend a lot of time clicking dragons to see if they're ready to breed yet. "Please wait 1 day" can actually mean anything from "1 minute" to "24 hours".

Maybe I'm the only one who forgets to write down breeding times, but maybe there are others out there who might find this useful?

I couldn't find a topic like this out there, though I know my search-fu on these forums is pretty bad, so feel free to lash me with a wet noodle if I missed it!

It probably would take a lot of coding, but I was wondering if it would be possible to have a specific time/date for when each dragon can breed again. Instead of just "please wait X days", have something like, "This dragon can next breed after January 7th at 2:18". I know, if I had any sense, I would write down the time/date when I last tried breeding a dragon, but I appear to lack sense! wink.gif So I spend a lot of time clicking dragons to see if they're ready to breed yet. "Please wait 1 day" can actually mean anything from "1 minute" to "24 hours".

Maybe I'm the only one who forgets to write down breeding times, but maybe there are others out there who might find this useful?

Yes, to this a million times yes.

When you have a lot of dragons to breed, you don't have time to keep track of which one breeds what time all the time, it's ridiculous.

I don't need an exact timer, but something close to egg timers would work, if I know I can breed sometime within the next hour, then that's enough information for me. Of coruse having more accuracy is awesome too.

This was my thought as well. I DO right down the day and exact time I breed my dragons, but only for certain pairs. It would be nice to be able to just click on the dragon itself and have the exact time there. It would certainly cut down on the strain of waiting for a particular pair to come off of cool-down because I forgot or don't usually write down the time that they breed.

SUPPORT!!

i like this idea a lot it would be very useful for people who breed lots of dragons and cant keep track of all of them

Yes, yes, hundred times yes.

I don't know exactly how the site works these things, but I'm confident this information is already stored somewhere (otherwise it probably wouldn't be able to determine the cooldowns.) With that in mind, it shouldn't take tons of work to make this information visible to the users. It's already stored in a database somewhere (again I assume), so why not put it to use instead of rounding it up to a whole day?

Assuming I have even vaguely the right idea on how the cooldowns work, it might actually reduce some strain since the game would no longer have to round each wait time to a full day for display purposes. That's one calculation less for each ongoing cooldown.

Edited by Safrienaer

I VOTED YES~ :3

Timers. They are great to have, and some may be ridiculously longer than others. But this is not what annoys some of us.

What we hate is this: "Breed - This dragon cannot breed because it has bred recently. Please wait 1 days." It will say that for 24 hours, and then, what infuriates us, is when it says: "Please wait 0 days." Why can't it have a proper countdown for the Cool-down? Would it be too much to ask for a simple edit to have it add hours and maybe 15 minute increments in the last hour when having to wait? Basically, why can't Cool-downs have the same counter as Eggs/Hatchlings???

yes yes yes this is something i really need i write down the time i bred my dragons but i'm always losing the notes and thinking that i half-to wait an entire day(when it's really just a few minutes) just about kills me

Bumping this topic because it's still the single most frustrating aspect of this site, and it seems such a small change that would be almost universally helpful. sad.gif

Pretty please? alot.png

Bumping this again-again. It seems to have almost universal support and there is not a single good reason provided why it should not be done. Hence ... drawing attention to this once again.

I know the main post is a bit cryptic, but all this is about is having the text in Breed option on Actions page changed is dragon is on cooldown so instead of saying for instance "Please wait 3 days" it would say "Please wait 2 days and 15 hours" if that is the time left til it can breed again. It is very frustrating that when it currently says "Please wait 1 day" it can be anything from 1 minute to 24 hours.

Edited by alci

I agree. I know this suggestion has come up a million times before.

The only other thing that would make me happier would be to abolish the refusals/rejects altogether.

Very much support. I hate the current timer--'1 day left' could mean I can breed again in 2 hours, or it could mean I could breed again in 23. This is especially annoying when I see people offering trades for things I can breed and I'm all 'please hold an hour and I'll see what I can do' and then whoops can't actually breed til tomorrow.

Bumping this again-again. It seems to have almost universal support and there is not a single good reason provided why it should not be done. Hence ... drawing attention to this once again.

I have no idea what the actual reason for not having an exact timer is. I will say, however, that I probably lose, at the very least, one breeding opportunity a year because of the inexactness of the timer - probably more. If that's true of a lot of other people, then it may come in handy as a way to manage the dragon population without having breeding success decrease any more than it has already.

I have no idea what the actual reason for not having an exact timer is.  I will say, however, that I probably lose, at the very least, one breeding opportunity a year because of the inexactness of the timer - probably more.  If that's true of a lot of other people, then it may come in handy as a way to manage the dragon population without having breeding success decrease any more than it has already.

I would have to agree, skauble. I also lose a breeding opportunity at times because of the inexact timer. It would be nice to have one of the following variations available to players.

1. "Please wait 2 days and 15 hours" (suggested by alci)

2. "This dragon can next breed on January 7th at 2:18" (suggested by matya)

3. "This dragon can next breed in 6 days 23 hours and 12 minutes" (my suggestion; could even show down to the second)

Any one of those would be better than the currently used timer in my opinion.

Edited by sheppardkid

Support. I have easily missed breeding times I could have used constantly because of this.

I'd love this for summon as well....

Doesn't it already updates once a day? If it does why have and hour counter, it just looks a little pointless unless your overhyped about breeding one dragon over and over again.

The point is that most of us have so many dragons, and we can't all be machines that remember the exact time we bred the dragon so that we can come back at that time to breed it again. We'd like a little more accuracy so we can be like, "Well, I can breed this dragon in 3 hours" or "No, i can't breed that dragon until 3:14pm." We just want a little more accuracy, to make it easier to gift or trade with others.

And to save having to sit around wondering how long, and whether we should go to the store FIRST or wait that 5 minutes longer and then shut down the computer - and so on...

For me, it is a matter of fitting it all round my LIFE xd.png