wondersueak

Breeding and Action Timers

I support the idea on principle.

Just to avoid server load though I'd recommend a static "This dragon last bred/used [bSA] on MM DD YYYY, hh:mm" instead.

no, thank you. it's not much strain for a server as you think to compute this as well. The database call used to determine views/clicks on the view or user page take certainly longer than that.

so just give us hours, or even minutes, not just a date, which is a headache in itself unless you are on US East.

Right now the cooldown period is measured in full days. When you get down to 1 day, there's no way to tell if that's 23h59' or 1'. Admittedly you could record the exact time of breeding / using a BSA somewhere separate, but wouldn't it be easier if the cooldown timer measured in days&hours instead of just days? Remaining time on eggs and hatchlings is already measured like that, so the internal DC clock is refined enough.

Edited by Mistress of Whispers

There is a thread that originally started with trying to have more accurate count down for breeding which later on evolved to include any BSA and action that required a cool down.

Many good points and suggestions were made as to how exactly go about adding this in and what it should say.

This thread mentions getting rid of the countdown altogether and just putting in the day + time the action is usable again, which I really like since we have the addition of the clock now (if only the clock was on all skins). So yeah, more specific would be nice, especially since it's easy for actions to get pushed off the action log if you're active on DC.

Ha, thanks!

Socky, could you merge my thread with this one so it gets bumped to the top again? (Chose that thread since it lists both the refined countdown and exact day options and I really don't have a preference for either, as long as we get SOMETHING a little more precise xd.png).

This thread mentions getting rid of the countdown altogether and just putting in the day + time the action is usable again, which I really like since we have the addition of the clock now (if only the clock was on all skins). So yeah, more specific would be nice, especially since it's easy for actions to get pushed off the action log if you're active on DC.

That would work!

And even just Fogging/UnFogging unwatched dragons can shove virtually everything off your Actions record right there.

Bump (hey, two threads in one).

This would be a really nice thing to add after many years of asking, so hello :3

Personally I think the simplest thing to do would be to have the site say "this dragon can breed / use (insert BSA here) again on (insert date and time here)." For example, "this dragon can use incubate again on May 21st, 2016, at 5:36 PM."

Support!

Just giving the number of days and hours left like it does for how long we have until an egg dies would work and keep the set ups consistent