wondersueak

Breeding and Action Timers

I agree wholeheartedly; having this issue right now, in fact! I'm having to go back every half hour or so to check because a whole bunch of them will be coming off cooldown today. >..< An xd.png Yh timer like eggs/hatchlings have is really all I need. I'd support such a timer for all the BSAs as well, but the breeding timer has to be the most irritating one for me. tongue.gif

the time goes down to the very minute you last bred... so updating once a day is worthless if you don't remember the exact hour and minute you bred the previous week.

Example. Say I breed my dragons at 7:23 on Feb. 1 I know that my next breeding day is Feb 7, but in that time frame I forget what EXACT time I bred them. I check my dragons on Feb. 7 at 7:00 and I get a message telling me that I have to "wait 1 more DAY".. but in fact I really only need to wait 23 MINUTES. Very misleading.

I'm all for a countdown timer showing you "please wait 1 day 19 hours", etc. you get countdown timers for hatchlings and eggs so why not breeding times.

I so support and reason is quoted by wraithzephyr......

I so agree with quoted person in reason and I so would love this, as I do end up forgetting what time I bred the egg. I do propose the same for vampire bites if its possible....

Hmm....I like this idea, and I think it could work for abandoning timers too. Not in hours, but in minutes, when the timer is nearing its end. (Has someone said this before? I didn't read the whole thread) I don't breed often, but it always annoys me when I pick up a Flamingo dragon, aiming for a Pink, and then have to wait a while for it to go down. For example, say I pick it up at 12:30. 5 hours later is 5:30, right? But the timer still says that I have to wait one hour, even if it is 5:29. So in the last hour, the timer would tell you the minutes, so your not confused about what the 'hour' really is.

And for people who breed their dragons a lot, the timer would be very useful for them, too.

All in all, I support this idea.

I keep a detailed log of breedings and record the times. Still, yesterday I went to breed one of my dragons and it told me I had to wait one more day. I rechecked my log and realized that I had, in fact, tried to breed my dragons one minute too early! rolleyes.gif

I would really love to see an accurate countdown of some sort!

Hmm....I like this idea, and I think it could work for abandoning timers too. Not in hours, but in minutes, when the timer is nearing its end. (Has someone said this before? I didn't read the whole thread) I don't breed often, but it always annoys me when I pick up a Flamingo dragon, aiming for a Pink, and then have to wait a while for it to go down. For example, say I pick it up at 12:30. 5 hours later is 5:30, right? But the timer still says that I have to wait one hour, even if it is 5:29. So in the last hour, the timer would tell you the minutes, so your not confused about what the 'hour' really is.

And for people who breed their dragons a lot, the timer would be very useful for them, too.

All in all, I support this idea.

There have been a couple of versions for a new timer suggested. I mentioned them one page back, but here they are again. smile.gif

1. "Please wait 2 days and 15 hours" (suggested by alci)

2. "This dragon can next breed on January 7th at 2:18" (suggested by matya)

3. "This dragon can next breed in 6 days 23 hours and 12 minutes" (my suggestion; could even show down to the seconds)

I really hope TJ takes this into consideration. As purplehaze noted, even if you keep detailed notes on breeding times, there is still the possibility that you'll miss it by one minute.

I totally like this idea. Especially since like some of my dragons I want them to snap snap at breeding so they could possibly produce another egg for me. To wait until the seventh day but then to be told to wait another day makes it very confusing and one day later for breeding.

I totally like this idea. Especially since like some of my dragons I want them to snap snap at breeding so they could possibly produce another egg for me. To wait until the seventh day but then to be told to wait another day makes it very confusing and one day later for breeding.

I'll second this.

You know the breeding timer? Where after you breed a dragon, when you go to breed it again before 7 days it says this: "This dragon cannot breed because it last bred less than 7 days ago." In stead of that I was thinking it would be better if we had a more persice breeding timer where it goes like this *"This dragon cannot breed because it last bred 7 days and 13 hours ago." for example*

I'd rather not see that because I want to be able to breed after 7 days 13 hours, not get an error message. xd.png

However, such a timer might be a little helpful.

Bumping because PLEASE can we have a timer that says the number of hours left to wait, even if minutes is too hard, when you get down to less than one day, at least.

I have a poor lady waiting to breed and it has been saying wait a day for hours and hours and I KNOW it can breed today, and I have stuff to do, and...

PLEASE ?

I'd also like to note that, even though the action log does show the time something was bred, it does NOT show it for long. After a week of catching, breeding, abandoning, etc. the dragons that I'm most interested in breeding have been shoved out of the action log to make room for the newer actions taken. That is to say, a lot happens in a week and the dragons really need a timer of their own.

I'd also like to note that, even though the action log does show the time something was bred, it does NOT show it for long. After a week of catching, breeding, abandoning, etc. the dragons that I'm most interested in breeding have been shoved out of the action log to make room for the newer actions taken. That is to say, a lot happens in a week and the dragons really need a timer of their own.

Exactly smile.gif (she's still sitting there smirking at me mad.gif )

Just felt like this needed a bump. I REALLY want to see this implemented so that I'm not obsessing on days I know dragons are supposed to be off cool-down.

Agreed. I don't breed that often, but when I do, something like this would keep me from having to ctrl-r obsess those last few minutes until my dragons are ready again.

Yes, I wholeheartedly support this, especially now with my shimmers xd.png It'd be so helpful to know exactly when that '1 day' ends!

I do have a spreadsheet but it'd be nice if DC itself told me. smile.gif

Pleeeeeeeeeease!

We've been on our knees begging for YEARS and sooner or later, we're all going to have to get up to go to the bathroom...

I would love this.

The best thing IMO would be a combination of 1 and 2, the counter showing hours on the last day and showing minutes during the last hour.

Option 2 wouldn't be that helpfu, since most people live in different timezones and have difficulties enough as it is (see all the questions regarding Sunrise/set Day/Night Glories etc.).

I'd love to have the hour added on to the breed timer. Minute would be a little excessive, and second? Oh come on, that's just being a little too much. (Not to mention the poor server!)

I would be nice, if just on the last day, it counted down by the hour like the eggs and hatchlings do. To stare at "..wait 1 day." for hours is very frustrating.

*gets back from annual bathroom break, kneels, clasps hands*

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!??????

I'd really like this. A countdown to the hour (same as we have for eggs/hatchlings) would be perfect. smile.gif I don't think there's a need for minutes or seconds. And I think a specific time would get complicated with timezones. A simple "You can breed again in 4 days 18 hours" would be perfect, I think.

Edited by StormWizard212

In regards to showing a specific time, I honestly don't think it'd be that complicated really. Everything is already associated with DC time, including breeding times. People typically know what their time is when compared to DC time (i.e. I'm one hour behind DC time). As long as that is known then a specific time could work just as well as showing the hours and/or minutes.

I'd rather it show a countdown in hours, with minutes showing if the timer is under an hour.

I would love it to show the exact time so, on 'January 5th at 8:14PM' so that I know when I can come back to breed my eggs.

I checked yesterday, and my pair had 1 day left. Today, I checked again. 1 DAY LEFT.

It would be much better for breeders. And for people who gift. But, for those who DON'T want it, I'd suggest an option on your account settings like the 'hide adults and frozen hatchlings on scroll' except it could have the four different options for time. 'Show breeding time in: Hours (2 days, 5 hours), Actual time (8:14PM), days (normal), D/H/M/S (Day(s)/Hour(s)/Minute(s)/Second(s) 2 days, Five hours, Three minutes (50 seconds))

Edited by Lawless-Lawful

I support this. I ended up waiting an entire day to breed something when I probably only needed to wait one hour. I can't keep track of the hour I breed something.

E: If it's possible to show the exact time I last bred, that would be all the better.

Edited by LadyFoxfire