wondersueak

Breeding and Action Timers

I think this is a great idea. I breed my dragons frequently, mostly to help OTHER people I've hooked into the game get dragons they don't have yet. I forget exactly what hour I've bred my dragons, and something like this added in would be a great idea!

I was wondering why they didn't do that. At least for the last day of things, then you could figure out when you last bred a dragon and time it so you get a specific egg, if that's what you're after.

Do want. I would find it very helpful, at least once it gets down to a day or so. No need to have a countdown the whole time, necessarily, but it gets quite frustrating at times not to know just what time I bred something, and keep checking back because I don't know whether it's actually going to be a day, or just a couple hours.

I don't know how much strain it would put on the server to change the (potential) message each hour, but I'd be very happy with a timer saying "You cannot breed this dragon before Feb 21, 2:34 PM." Something like that. After all, the exact time needs to be saved somewhere or other anyway to make the cooldown work, so I think this is a workable solution

This, an exact date and hour would work just as well as a countdown timer.

I don't know how much strain it would put on the server to change the (potential) message each hour, but I'd be very happy with a timer saying "You cannot breed this dragon before Feb 21, 2:34 PM." Something like that. After all, the exact time needs to be saved somewhere or other anyway to make the cooldown work, so I think this is a workable solution

The information is already being kept track of by the server ..every time you access that dragon's actions page it has to query the server for that information otherwise how would the dragons know when they can breed again when you look at their actions page. Tweaking the code on the actions page in regards to HOW that information is being shown to you shouldn't affect the server load at all because the information is already there and already accessed just by opening up the actions link. It's really just a matter of tweaking the page to show that information differently than it is currently being displayed.... be pretty easy I think to just switch the text to have it display the info the same way it displays the 7 day count down time info on egg/hatchling pages. smile.gif

With the EATW add on being banned, I find myself lost when it comes to breeding. It is a tedious task to track the breeding of my dragon armies, I breed 250 plus metals on a weekly basis and the breed tracker add on was a real blessing. So, I fully support a breeding timer. I know first hand how useful it is and I am sure many will benefit from this.

Nyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a aaaaaaaaa...

this would be a nice idea...

I3

Sure. I myself don't really care too much about breeding a dragon as soon as it can breed again. I'm not that desperate to get rares or whatever, but for the people who are that desperate, why not?

Oh, I've got a list in my computer about my breeding-plans - and by now I've got that many dragons, then there's always one willing to breed, asides I'm an addictive AP-cleaner, so I have usually hardly a place to breed an egg of mine

What annoys me all the time, ist that hatchlings can't be sped up the same as eggs - last week I ended up with seven hatchlings blocking me from playing, that had that many views as eggs, they could have jumped from the shells already adult...

It's annoying and boring to be landed with a hatchling with already 900 UV for three days, I even wondered about stopping to play DC, because it constantly annoys me - luckily TJ came up with new eggs...

that keeps me attentive a bit longer.

I would like this feature very much because then you can see at a glance instead of having to write it down for every breeding and then checking a spreadsheet or a sticky note or something.

Bumping this up ... The original post is kind of cryptic in its wording, but I really think we need a timer that says how many hours to breed the dragon again, instead of just how many days. If hours only show up within last day, that's ok. But it's irritating beyond belief to not know whether there's 1 hour or 12 hours till you can breed your dragon, if you need the egg.

Bumping this up ... The original post is kind of cryptic in its wording, but I really think we need a timer that says how many hours to breed the dragon again, instead of just how many days. If hours only show up within last day, that's ok. But it's irritating beyond belief to not know whether there's 1 hour or 12 hours till you can breed your dragon, if you need the egg.

I also agree. The last day noting hours would be enough for me too. But not only for breeding. Influence, incubate. I have sticky notes everywhere at the moment sad.gif

Just to add support to this one! I really don't understand why this very basic thing has not yet been done. Perhaps it will be one of the "extra" changes that TJ has mentioned for June 10th (although that might be very optimistic of me).

Just to add support to this one! I really don't understand why this very basic thing has not yet been done. Perhaps it will be one of the "extra" changes that TJ has mentioned for June 10th (although that might be very optimistic of me).

Do hope you're right, though, about a breeding timer/countdown possibly being one of the unspecified changes.

Rare breeding alone certainly would create enough demand for something like this.

But a LOT of people also do lineage breeding, and a LOT of people are waiting for eggs from a LOT of dragons, just on that score alone and it's silly to have people waiting, perhaps for hours, unsure as to the time people can breed for them and they can find out whether they have an egg to pick up or not...

Coming from someone who can't remember if it was exactly at 2 or closer to 3, I agree and like this suggestion.

The growth of eggs and hatchies is done in days and hours, why can't breeding be under the same timer?

Or Incubate, Influence and other BSA's for that matter?

I'd be a tremendous help for all. smile.gif

yes it would be very helpful (to the people who have adult dragons) lol tongue.gif just like for the time left for eggs and hatchies wink.gif

I support this. But to be honest I'd rather see a message that says something like "You can't breed this dragon again until August 11th at 2:26 p.m." That way the message never has to change, but nevertheless you know exactly when you can breed again.

Yesh, this would help because then we could know exactly when to get online to check it.

I would really like this - and why not have it next to the dragons on the Scroll, rather than having to click Actions to access that info.

I would really like this - and why not have it next to the dragons on the Scroll, rather than having to click Actions to access that info.

I love the idea of a timer, but I'd prefer that to be in actions. Because it would be jamming too much stuff onto the main lineage page (frankly, I'd like all the stats to just be on the view pages, since they don't "need" to be up on whole scroll). Besides, what would it say for dragons you've never bred?

I support this. But to be honest I'd rather see a message that says something like "You can't breed this dragon again until August 11th at 2:26 p.m." That way the message never has to change, but nevertheless you know exactly when you can breed again.

Cave time or Local time? wink.gif

I prefer the "x days and xx hours" instead of "Month day xx:xx", it's more "universal" tongue.gif

I prefer the "x days and xx hours" instead of "Month day xx:xx", it's more "universal" tongue.gif

VERY good point !

I don´t care much about an excact timer....but I would be so happy if there would be little signs besides each dragon that is usuable for Breeding ans BSa. Clicking on each and every "Actions" is taking soooo long.

Cave time.