TJ09

2023-07-30 - July Dragon Release

1 hour ago, schenanigans said:

We actually didn't have anything in mind for official names 😅 

Canonically they're all slightly different in coloration and variation, with [hidden lore that must be unlocked.]

I also fear that by the time we provide names for them, they'd mostly be only available here/on the wiki, as it may take a while for an encyclopedia update to provide that information on site.

That being said, we will explore names for them to hopefully help those with these issues you mentioned, and will share here when we do :)

You need to hurry for people to not call them the epic work in progress names! They're going to stick. 😂
But you could officially name them after certain flowers because of the "petal" theme. The first one reminds me a bit of a red hibiscus. 🙂  
Regardless of the name, they're gorgeous and I can't wait to figure out how to get the other 6 breeds! Thank you! 

My favs are Aquarius, Boho and Angel 😉 thank you for the lovely sprites! 

Haven't managed to obtain these yet. With luck I'll be able to catch them in the future!

As a dragon-crazy kid, I always wanted dragons to be green and purple (my favorite colors). So I am enamored with the green/purple variety as it fits into my childhood dreams.  They're all wonderful though. The black with red and purple is very striking.

As a writer, I love that the dragons are wordsmiths, and may have to adopt this breed as my mental muse.

I'm still determined to believe that dragons could have been real ( when I was a young teenager, my Mom gave me a book that explained, scientifically, how dragons could have been real ..😁). 

Beautiful job, spatio and Shenanigans! Thank you both! And thanks to TJ for continuing to provide us with this great site.  Time for me to get back to counting the minutes to when mine will become adults now ..😄

The adult sprites are beautiful! ♥️
I’m excited to catch a few more caveborns; I’ve seen some in the cave luckily, though I’ve been a little too slow to catch them so far.

I love them all....I really, really hope none of these turn out rare.

Thanks to the spriters and TJ!

6 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

Poke!!! You snuck in there and posted the same thing I had typed up

Screenshot_20230802_103858.jpg

BBA554F3-5137-4DD1-9AC7-6EC19CB800A4.jpg

Quote this so I can reference this later. Thank you artist for the colours and everything, the dragons are gorgeous.

This release was a rollercoaster for me,,, I got so excited for my first one, figured I couldn't get the others too, but saw that they were still dropping and was STOKED when I completed the set of 3, then heartbroken when my newest 2 straight up DIED in the middle of the night!! I didn't even get to catch them when they were sick lol. Really love the new dragon though and hopefully next release I won't accidentally kill the babies :,)

@uniKorn625 Just remember, don't add your eggs to a hatchery for about 12-24 hours after initial catch. That way you can avoid egg sickness.

If you have a problem with someone adding your stuff to hatcheries in your stead, ensure your settings are such that your scroll name doesn't appear on your eggs. Also, recommend fogging them for the first day if you have a problem with view bombers.

Hope your future releases go well!

@Wends Thanks for the tips! Didn't know abt the waiting period before putting them in hatcheries so it helps a lot. And I hope yours go well too!

33 minutes ago, uniKorn625 said:

@Wends Thanks for the tips! Didn't know abt the waiting period before putting them in hatcheries so it helps a lot. And I hope yours go well too!

During normal times it's not usually a huge deal unless you're sticking them in a bunch of sites, but during new releases all of the hatcheries tend to get more traffic than usual so it's a much higher risk of sickness and/or death even from less sites.

I think my favourite one is arcangel, then greek goddness, AA and VN. lol I hope they would not too hard to trade for. still looking if I could found a better (non-word) code OG before my hatch grow up too.

Edit: lol got the most beautiful one among the 3 NR after post. Thanks wishing tree.

Edited by D-wing

OH MY GOSH!!  I just came back to see the adults and they are absolutely GORGEOUS!! 

I so want a whole bunch of these dragons.  Thank yous to the artists, and to TJ.

On 8/1/2023 at 8:54 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

What I have is the news forum set to notify me by email of a new post. It worked.

image.png.6e53e28342f94d6363fa98b0e2b076a9.png

What I had too, but it changed at some point. I used to get e-mails all the time, still have some saved. They stopped at some point and I never changed it myself.

Still haven't saw a single petal egg. Dx

@BringsTheSnow

(@ the wrong person but corrected it!)

Thanks for that. I want some of the Aquarius ones, I was born in Feb. XD Definitely like the Vampire ones too.

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

I wish that breeding hybrids was a sure thing with the right materials, but I don't believe that'll be the case this time either.

I think it'll take a very long time to figure them out. Worse than the 15th birthday releases.

Edited by Seejey

I do hope that we could have CBs of all colours because these are just too beautiful - the more I look at them, the more I love them! I want to make so many lineages with them. Maybe a BSA that lets us influence the colour of an astrael egg? Those six mystery variants could be different combinations of the egg's original colour & the colour of the influencing dragon.

Or, maybe they'll simply be hybrids, and the possible BSA will be something totally different. The last sentence of their description also made me think of something like incubate but for hatchies!

22 minutes ago, Tiira said:

I do hope that we could have CBs of all colours because these are just too beautiful - the more I look at them, the more I love them! I want to make so many lineages with them. Maybe a BSA that lets us influence the colour of an astrael egg? Those six mystery variants could be different combinations of the egg's original colour & the colour of the influencing dragon.

Or, maybe they'll simply be hybrids, and the possible BSA will be something totally different. The last sentence of their description also made me think of something like incubate but for hatchies!

I'd hope for CBs of all the variants as well, but so far everything seems to point toward the other six being obtained by breeding; I wonder if they might work the way the Nilia Pygmy does, where only using fertility on one partner gives three of the variants while using fertility on both partners yields the other three.

1 minute ago, Myoukin said:

I wonder if they might work the way the Nilia Pygmy does, where only using fertility on one partner gives three of the variants while using fertility on both partners yields the other three.

In that case I should start stocking up on purples. Of course hybrids would be lovely as well, myself I'm just not imaginative enough to really plan any hybrid lineages!

Just saw this on the wiki (with a discord screenshot) about getting other colors.

Spoiler

Adults have BSA called "Pollinate" that changes an egg's color to match theirs. Not sure how we get the other colors to begin with, though.

Wiki screenshot:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20230803-132948.thumb.png.dd6286b6ca2789d91a172eb408c724ee.png

Discord screenshot:

Spoiler

Pollinate_BSA_discord_post.thumb.png.b04c8c2683ecc2737bd1cfdff5fc5538.png

Edited by GhostMouse

I can confirm, the Forest egg I sent over to be Pollinated is now blue/Aquarius color and kept its new color after being teleported back to my scroll.

Pollinate BSA cooldown is reported as being 7 days.

That's nice but how do we get the OTHER colours ?