TJ09

2023-07-30 - July Dragon Release

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

I guess I will be collecting a lot. Since they are all available as CBs by using Pollinate, I will need 8 CBs of each, plus whatever hybrids I need to do the pollination. :wacko:

I think I didn't  understand, and want to be sure I do now.

Are you saying that any CB egg of these types can be changed by an adult using pollinate?  I guess I thought it only applied to bred eggs.  So if all I can catch are eggs from Desert, I can use a Coast adult, change the color?  And it will still be a Desert egg, also?

Edit:  I mean, it'll say "Desert" and if it can breed with coppers, it would affect by Desert, but be the color of a Coast?

Edited by daba555
clarification

28 minutes ago, daba555 said:

Are you saying that any CB egg of these types can be changed by an adult using pollinate?  I guess I thought it only applied to bred eggs.  So if all I can catch are eggs from Desert, I can use a Coast adult, change the color?  And it will still be a Desert egg, also?

Edit:  I mean, it'll say "Desert" and if it can breed with coppers, it would affect by Desert, but be the color of a Coast?

Yeah, I've got a forest/jungle-colored egg that's from the desert right now by using the BSA.

39 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Yeah, I've got a forest/jungle-colored egg that's from the desert right now by using the BSA.

Holy cow, that's awesome...

I also foresee a whole lot of time figuring out combinations and changes.  Wow and wow.  I haven't been breeding hardly at all, but this is exciting!  I am supposing and expecting somebody will start a Forum thread for this kind of breeding, and I am looking forward to it!

Edit:  Oh, just thinking....so if I need a certain color egg while breeding, I can get what I want by using Pollinate?  So does that make it easier or harder, LOL.

Edited by daba555

Most of the combos I've seen have used two different colour mates. If your CBs are the same colour, do they breed true? Has anyone tried?

13 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Most of the combos I've seen have used two different colour mates. If your CBs are the same colour, do they breed true? Has anyone tried?

I had also wondered about mating with 2 colors and get one of the original ones' colors...all the ones I've seen so far ended up with a 3rd color.  But now that can be fixed!

Does anyone know the cool-down time of the pollinate BSA? (7 days)

And

Can Astrael eggs be be pollinated for a second time? (Yes)

@Kith Thank you

What is the lowest time an egg can be pollinated? (3 days)

@purplehaze Thank you

I found out that Astraels can pollinated even when fogged.

Matching colors are breeding true for that color.

Edited by Mystic_Halo

Pollinate's cooldown is 7 days. I did see eggs I'd already pollinated when using another dragon, but any that already share the pollinating dragon's color are excluded.

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Just a minute and I will.

OK - bred true; shall be dumping i.

image.png.9c3d1af0404cd4c2b986c248fde74ebd.png

But I want to know - if you pollinate a CB egg from - say - volcano to make it a jungle one - does the biome still show volcano ? Could  be interesting if breeding with coppers....

Never mind; I should have refreshed sooner.... :D

Edited by Fuzzbucket

2 hours ago, Mystic_Halo said:

What is the lowest time an egg can be pollinated?

I saw someone say they couldn't be pollinated if they were under 3 days.

39 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

OK - bred true; shall be dumping i.

Thanks!

I don't usually mix my pairs. *ponders*

One will be able REALLY to mess things up here - I could breed a hybrid and then pollinate to make it something else, and all sorts.

7 hours ago, Lagie said:

I did and yes, they breed true.

Screenshot_20230805-213522~2.png

On 8/4/2023 at 7:56 PM, laevsk said:

Since I'm sitting around doing nothing as I recuperate from a hard day yesterday, I popped into my GIMP program and made myself a graphic of all the colors of the Astrael Dragons.  I thought others might find it handy too, so here it is.  

astraelcolors.jpg

Thank you so much for this. I screen-shotted it so I can sort this out in my breeding plans.

8 hours ago, ValidEmotions said:

I did and yes, they breed true.

Screenshot_20230805-213522~2.png

Thanks!

Can eggs that have been stunned be pollinated?

Edit: JK. It has been a long day. 😂

Edited by Jazeki

2 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

Can eggs that have been stunned be pollinated?

Unlikely, as it's hatchlings that get stunned. ;)

12 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Unlikely, as it's hatchlings that get stunned. ;)

😂 I think I may need a nap. Thanks for answering.

So I've gotten one of each of the base hybrids. My theory to obtain the other three variants is by breeding one hybrid with a hybrid of a different variant. Guess we'll see once people get their first batches all grown up, but I'm pretty confident that this is how it's gonna go. I want that black variant... 😭

My that was like figuring out a riddle, since I do not have unlimited Aeons and Pinks to precog and influence, but this new pollinate BSA sure helped! And miraculously I now at least have enough pairs of the CB set to try and breed enough first set hybrids to get to try and breed the second set! They do say riddles and crosswords - and walking in the woods - keep your brain in shape :D. And this was fun anyway, realizing there are more ways and means to get goals now. And no dragons/hatchies/eggs hurt in the process. Thanks once more, really feels like playing a game.

19 minutes ago, ealbiest said:

My that was like figuring out a riddle, since I do not have unlimited Aeons and Pinks to precog and influence, but this new pollinate BSA sure helped! And miraculously I now at least have enough pairs of the CB set to try and breed enough first set hybrids to get to try and breed the second set! They do say riddles and crosswords - and walking in the woods - keep your brain in shape :D. And this was fun anyway, realizing there are more ways and means to get goals now. And no dragons/hatchies/eggs hurt in the process. Thanks once more, really feels like playing a game.

Yup, it took some record keeping and lots of bsa to get the correct ratio! So thankful that precog and influence cooldowns aren’t as long as vamps! Can’t think of the last time I was so egg locked for weeks 😅

Best of luck getting hybrids! 

So I have one of each original Astrael adult dragons, from the Cave.  Then I bought another one of each from the Market, which are now hatchlings.  I bred my adult Brown and Tan dragons and they produced a Pink.  I want to breed the next two colours and then try to see what I get with breeding with other dragons.  This is all a lot of fun so far.  Great release.  Thanks everyone responsible.

Edited by Jennie

Still busy collecting the CBs I need but this sounds like fun. I love color variations that depend on planning and trial and error.

I've got the secondary colours (green/teal/pink) eggs and young hatchies unlocked on the encyclopedia page, but when I view an actual young hatchi in one of those colours, the breed name still doesn't show up for me. Is it some kind of a bug? Anyone else has experienced it?

Hope this doesn’t come across as too rude, but am I the only one who is slightly bugged by people with new releases who ask for super rare stuff like CB gold or Dinos on the trading post?

Currently scanning the AP page hoping to find a secondary color, or something good that I can offer in exchange for one.