TJ09

2023-07-30 - July Dragon Release

Oh, so maybe that is the purpose of Pollinate? If you don't want a hybrid color in your lineage just change it to one of the parents' colors.

5 minutes ago, Ripan said:

Oh, so maybe that is the purpose of Pollinate? If you don't want a hybrid color in your lineage just change it to one of the parents' colors.

I didn't say I didn't want a hybrid. I said I wished I could get the variants without having to breed purebreds. Like an og with a desipis could create a vampire nightclub or something. 

Edited by Jazeki

1 minute ago, Jazeki said:

I didn't say I didn't want a hybrid. I said I wished I could get the variants without having to breed purebreds. 

I think you can, though; all you need to do is grow the variants to adulthood, then use those variants to Pollinate a new egg to match their color for CBs of all the variants.

2 minutes ago, Myoukin said:

I think you can, though; all you need to do is grow the variants to adulthood, then use those variants to Pollinate a new egg to match their color for CBs of all the variants.

I know. I edited to clarify that I meant that I wished we could produce the alt colors through mixed breeding instead of having to rely on the bsa. 

I think I would ask my bro to help for Pollinate or just trade them to get all CB. That means I could choose for their code too! XD 

And you can Pollinate their eggs with other lineage to get multi-pattern. Okay super interesting! Ah now we have lot of things to do before holloweens.

2 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

I know. I edited to clarify that I meant that I wished we could produce the alt colors through mixed breeding instead of having to rely on the bsa. 

Ah, alright. 

It might take a bit more planning, but this way actually makes it easier to control what variant the bred egg develops into (provided you have the adult to pollinate it into that color scheme) rather than relying purely on luck.

Does a Pollinated egg keep its colour on Trading it? *curious*

8 minutes ago, Astreya said:

Does a Pollinated egg keep its colour on Trading it? *curious*

BringTheSnow confirmed on page 16 that a pollinated egg keeps the new coloring post-teleport.

13 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

I can confirm, the Forest egg I sent over to be Pollinated is now blue/Aquarius color and kept its new color after being teleported back to my scroll.

Pollinate BSA cooldown is reported as being 7 days.

1 hour ago, Eiren said:

Yup, that’s my guess too.
Original color x og. Color = hybrid 1

hybrid 1 x hybrid 1 = hybrid 2

wonder what happens if hybrid 2 x hybrid 2 ??

btw, pollinate does only affect its own kind as stated in the skill explanation

IMG_0728.jpeg

I wonder if this means that we can get CBs of those hybrids by making them pollinate CB colors! 

13 minutes ago, Myoukin said:

BringTheSnow confirmed on page 16 that a pollinated egg keeps the new coloring post-teleport.

So unlike influence bsa, it cannot be ‘undone’ by teleporting or bouncing!

Good to know, thanks for the info!

@Rosedamai, yup I think that’s why there were excitements in this thread earlier for potential hybrid color CBs 😊

Edited by Eiren

@Myoukin

Thx! That's useful. Now I just need to figure out how to name the dragons properly according to my usual naming scheme XD

2 hours ago, laevsk said:

Since Eiren and Wends produced the same variant breeding red X green, but one was m/red X f/green and the other was f/red X m/green, I'm having to revamp my theory from page 4 or 5 ..😁

Now I'm thinking three color variants come from breeding the first three, and three more secondary color variants from breeding the first three variants.  Maybe? 🤷 Seems this will be a long-term experiment, but with the pollinate option you can play with color lineages in interesting ways.

I wrote theory of hybrid from hybrid on page 4 xD and I'm still believing in it!

Typical.  Fertilized everything in sight and still got 'Your dragons don't show much interest' when I tried for the red/blue variety.  We'll see what my next batch does in a couple of days, then.

Not sure if it's been pointed out yet but you cannot Pollinate eggs with less than 3 days left! 

❤️

Screenshot_2023-08-04-10-18-30-000_com.android.chrome-edit.thumb.jpg.b9f67371dd2be32151554327f6c9770b.jpg

Edited by Hora
Counting mistake oops

Have my first three variations, one of each, from my first six originals.  For the sake of brevity, I'm calling the first three cave-caught colors red, blue and green, then numbering the remaining colors V1, V2, V3, V4, V5, and V6 according to the order they appeared on TJ's announcement post and on the Wiki page. This makes it easier for organizing a list of who I've bred and what they've produced (am I the only one who does this??).

By the way, the colors in these eggs look very different when viewed in light theme vs dark theme. I have DC showing in dark theme, but here and Wiki are both light. The colors on these dragons, to me, are more brilliant in the dark theme. Because of the difference, I can see some confusion down the line (especially in trade requests) between these various colors. For clarification it would be nice to have short words to identify each variety of Astrael.  Maybe the powers that be could consider something to that effect? 😁

Not sure if it's been pointed out, but the 3 variants from the original CB release can be purchased in the market.  Each shows up distinctly (there's no annoying gambling on which you'll get unlike some other breeds) and are currently 100 shards each.

(Unrelated, but @uniKorn625 check your PMs :3)

they need 5D to grow up, that means every CB eggs before 5th would only have the original 3 colour, and need to wait until 10th to unlock the 7-9 colour. Not easy for all CB too! But the good news is you don't need to care about biomes, catch any 9 and use Pollinate = end. I hope their rarity is common like sonatas or uncommon like firegems or nebulas, would be more easy to achieve goals.

edit: and seem like the nr let Vespines stay longer, good news to anyone want to get a white one too!

Edited by D-wing

I pollinated 2 of my eggs earlier as I'm using them in a trade, but when I looked in my action log it says I warded them. The eggs did actually change colors, so the BSA worked properly, I just figured I should mention it :)

I also just checked if I could still ward them and I can, so it seems to only be an error with the action log.

image.png.cf6e28c5fefedc6b0c3bd4175a4856b0.png

Edited by DeathKiss

With the pollinate BSA, for those of you who are CB collectors, it appears that if you simply get your hybrid colors NOW, you can pollinate some CB eggs with the hybrid colors so you can have CBs of every color. Just gotta do a little flower crossbreeding first, then if you never want to do bred alts again (for this breed), you don't have to! 

It also appears for you lineage enthusiasts out there, the same will be true, meaning you can change the color of the egg for your lineage at any time to ensure you get the right color! 

4 hours ago, Jazeki said:

Exciting. I just wish we could get the initial variants though breeding without having to be purebred. 

You can use the Pollinate BSA for that 

By the way, the colors in these eggs look very different when viewed in light theme vs dark theme. I have DC showing in dark theme, but here and Wiki are both light. The colors on these dragons, to me, are more brilliant in the dark theme. Because of the difference, I can see some confusion down the line (especially in trade requests) between these various colors. For clarification it would be nice to have short words to identify each variety of Astrael.  Maybe the powers that be could consider something to that effect? 😁

I think the wiki is "naming" the different ones just by a basic bodycolor like thisScreenshot2023-08-04at14_53_53.thumb.png.eb506d5a376121eb089e49448dc79e0b.png

And earlier posts will give you the sort of working names the artists used - the Lime being OG = Original Ganster, the Brown is Forest Fae - etc,. Colors seem simpler.

45 minutes ago, shrineghost said:

You can use the Pollinate BSA for that 

No, you can't--in order to use the BSA you have to have a variant of that color.

If you don't have the variant of the color you want to begin with you can ot use the BSA to change it into that color yourself.  What they were saying was they wish that, in order to obtain your first variant of a specific color and thus gaining the ability to use the BSA to change eggs to that color, you have no choice to to make purebreds.  You can't breed them with some other dragon in order to get your first variant.

16 minutes ago, ealbiest said:

I think the wiki is "naming" the different ones just by a basic bodycolor like thisScreenshot2023-08-04at14_53_53.thumb.png.eb506d5a376121eb089e49448dc79e0b.png

And earlier posts will give you the sort of working names the artists used - the Lime being OG = Original Ganster, the Brown is Forest Fae - etc,. Colors seem simpler.

Personally I rather prefer these short, direct, color descriptive names.  No way I'm going to remember the fancy names for them, plus those take up precious character space in the have/want box in the trading hub.  They're certainly fun working names for the breeds, don't get me wrong, but they're not exactly as practical for everyday use.

1 minute ago, ShadowMistaken said:

THERE’S A NEW BSA??

Yep!  :D

These dragons have a BSA that will allow them to turn any other egg of their breed into the same color as the one that used the BSA.  So you'll be able to get CB eggs of the hybrid variants and different color eggs than the ones from the biomes they originate in

By the way, the colors in these eggs look very different when viewed in light theme vs dark theme. I have DC showing in dark theme, but here and Wiki are both light.

The wiki does have a dark theme if you prefer! You can enable it by clicking the moon icon in the upper right on desktop, or from the dropdown in the upper right on mobile.

Spoiler

ScreenShot2023-08-04at8_06_50AM.png.ea052b9ddf6bf9c8a86b687773fdb474.png

Desktop view

IMG_3546.thumb.jpg.656b88ad49b9b98e162b4a50b1c5201a.jpg

Mobile view