TJ09

2023-07-30 - July Dragon Release

4 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

That's nice but how do we get the OTHER colours ?

No clue yet. They current theory is crossbreeding/hybridizing but we will probably know for sure around midnight, after all of the not-EQed dragons start to grow up.

The good news is that even if the new colors originate from a hybrid pair (or some other breed-only alt situation) then you can Pollinate to get CBs of all the colors later. 

@Seejey No, the eggs turn into exactly the color of the dragon that Pollinated them.

50 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

That's nice but how do we get the OTHER colours ?

I bet if you use 2 pollinators, they'll mix. 

47 minutes ago, Seejey said:

They don't turn into exactly the same colour as the pollinator, right? They mix.

Sounds like just one doesn't mix, it changes the color completely.

So if this Pollinate BSA changes an egg to the same color as the pollinator, does that work on ANY egg? Can I get a green and purple Red Dragon, for example, by pollinating it with the green/purple variation? Or is it a BSA that's limited to the same breed only?

So close! With all the color options I was curious if they were going to have a BSA that if used on specific breeds/alignments that's how we got the other colors. Instead we can change colors of the eggs...which means I can technically have a CB of each biome in every color...the plots begin :D

29 minutes ago, laevsk said:

So if this Pollinate BSA changes an egg to the same color as the pollinator, does that work on ANY egg? Can I get a green and purple Red Dragon, for example, by pollinating it with the green/purple variation? Or is it a BSA that's limited to the same breed only?

It'll be limited to this specific breed, I'm sure--that would be a whole lot of work to make color variants of every single sprite, etc.

So the BSA will be used to change this breed's egg color to match the dragon that used the BSA

In light of the Pollinate BSA, I'd say it's more likely breeding will randomly produce one of the six rather than single/double fertility deciding what group of three might be produced, then we can use the grown adult to turn a CB into the desired variant color. Time will tell.

1 hour ago, KageSora said:

It'll be limited to this specific breed, I'm sure--that would be a whole lot of work to make color variants of every single sprite, etc.

So the BSA will be used to change this breed's egg color to match the dragon that used the BSA

Yeah, I figured that would be the case. I imagine having it apply to all dragons would be a coding nightmare. But wouldn't that be fun? 😁 (The color changes, not the coding).

Edited by laevsk

These guys are wonderful. I love their petal like wings, the leaf-like scales on the tail, the lore. I do have one slight 'complaint' and that's I feel we've had a lot of dragons with loads of variations a bit too much recently? And these guys do feel like many of their variations weren't necessary. A couple of them feel pretty similar. I think 6 would have been fine. It's just a lot of variations for a single sprite.

Oh, they look even more amazing when they become adults! 

Can't wait to know how to get other colors!

*HAPPY* :nyan:

Edited by a101401014

31 minutes ago, Murkydepths said:

These guys are wonderful. I love their petal like wings, the leaf-like scales on the tail, the lore. I do have one slight 'complaint' and that's I feel we've had a lot of dragons with loads of variations a bit too much recently? And these guys do feel like many of their variations weren't necessary. A couple of them feel pretty similar. I think 6 would have been fine. It's just a lot of variations for a single sprite.

I would agree that I'm hoping for a little bit of a break from having to find multiple variations in the next couple of releases, but I really like how this one is totally loaded up on variants, and they're all beautiful to me :)

I do love variants, but we've been getting so many versions and only have (at most) 8 egg slots.

With reduced released drop (*still sighs about the 24hr drops*) it's getting harder and harder.  And then the big releases for DC birthday...

so we could get 9 colour cbs by using their bsa? oh sound great! and we could have all biomes in every colour too! XD great, no need to buy in market!

So do anyone still have problem in catching them?

Edited by D-wing

Managed to overcome my fear 😅used fertility on all cases, not sure if it matters

Apologies for pictures being so big, lol 

ETA: seems like which color is male or female doesn’t matter from the examples seen on wiki

1st hybrid.    red(volcano, desert) x blue(coast, alpine)

IMG_0725.jpeg

2nd hybrid   blue x green(forest, jungle)

IMG_0726.jpeg

3rd hybrid    Green x red

IMG_0727.jpeg

Edited by Eiren

38 minutes ago, Wends said:

38 minutes ago, Wends said:

Confirmed variant. Color alts via breeding.

Thanks, Wends! That's good news. Can you tell us what biomes your breeding dragons came from? 

Eiren - oh, you got my favorite color! I have a couple of hours before my first six hatchlings become adults. I can't wait!

Somehow I screwed up this post trying to add the second comment. I give up trying to fix it ..😄

Edited by laevsk

Since Eiren and Wends produced the same variant breeding red X green, but one was m/red X f/green and the other was f/red X m/green, I'm having to revamp my theory from page 4 or 5 ..😁

Now I'm thinking three color variants come from breeding the first three, and three more secondary color variants from breeding the first three variants.  Maybe? 🤷 Seems this will be a long-term experiment, but with the pollinate option you can play with color lineages in interesting ways.

8 minutes ago, laevsk said:

Since Eiren and Wends produced the same variant breeding red X green, but one was m/red X f/green and the other was f/red X m/green, I'm having to revamp my theory from page 4 or 5 ..😁

Now I'm thinking three color variants come from breeding the first three, and three more secondary color variants from breeding the first three variants.  Maybe? 🤷 Seems this will be a long-term experiment, but with the pollinate option you can play with color lineages in interesting ways.

Yup, that’s my guess too.
Original color x og. Color = hybrid 1

hybrid 1 x hybrid 1 = hybrid 2

wonder what happens if hybrid 2 x hybrid 2 ??

btw, pollinate does only affect its own kind as stated in the skill explanation

IMG_0728.jpeg

Edited by Eiren

Thank you kind and courageous people! And if the crossbreeding is that simple, neat. Meaning one doesn't have to watch the weekday or the hour.

I like releases that involve some little mystery and are not just about grabbing, makes it more interesting. Of course lineages are not my thing, that must add an extra bother - and an extra interest - but saves me one headache.

And I love these beauties, the idea of artichokes amused me which is why so far the Forest Fae is my favorite - looks SO like a delicious carciofo ready to eat with lemon and salt... but the variety is nice too.

43 minutes ago, laevsk said:

Thanks, Wends! That's good news. Can you tell us what biomes your breeding dragons came from? 

Sure thing. The male came from the desert. The female from the Forest. However, I'm not certain it makes any difference which biome they come from and is more dependent on the color variant.

Three variants bred (M Desert x F Jungle = Vintage/ M Alpine x F Desert = Mermaid/ M Jungle x F Alpine = Boho): 

image.png.a610f4577cad9e73657b36dc0ef8a428.png image.png.2f5809c10d19804cd9f862fc7601906a.png image.png.73052d78f735b1b1953193c293bde761.png

It looks like everyone's gotten the next three variants from their breedings, so the last three might come from breeding these variants with each other.

Exciting. I just wish we could get the initial variants though breeding without having to be purebred.