TJ09

2023-07-30 - July Dragon Release

This release is absolute anarchy and I love it. Thank you spriters thank you concept creators thank you everyone doing the science

EDIT to add to the colour discussion:

I more or less worked out the colour mechanic from the colours of eggs that we originally got vs the ones we couldn't catch, and I based my preliminary alt names on that. The colours don't align exactly, but it was pretty obvious to me that this was a colour mixing situation so I've gone with:

Gen 1 - Red, Green, Blue

Gen 2, F1 Hybrids - Cyan / Magenta / (Vaguely,greeny) Yellow

Gen 3, presumably F2 Hybrids - Black, White, Prism/Rainbow

Edited by _Charky

Exciting possibilities with these dragons. I'm glad it has been fairly easy to figure out the variants so far.

The new BSA will be a huge boon to CB collectors and lineage breeders.

Has anyone mentioned what the cooldown is for Pollinate?

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

Has anyone mentioned what the cooldown is for Pollinate?

7 days, I thought I read a couple of pages ago?

39 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

The wiki does have a dark theme if you prefer! You can enable it by clicking the moon icon in the upper right on desktop, or from the dropdown in the upper right on mobile.

Hide contents

ScreenShot2023-08-04at8_06_50AM.png.ea052b9ddf6bf9c8a86b687773fdb474.png

Desktop view

IMG_3546.thumb.jpg.656b88ad49b9b98e162b4a50b1c5201a.jpg

Mobile view

Why did I never notice this. Thanks - now if only the nasty lurid sidebar on the left ... ?

3 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Why did I never notice this. Thanks - now if only the nasty lurid sidebar on the left ... ?

Nah, sorry, the sidebar is 100% Fandom controlled. It is a somewhat less obtrusive white (or purple for dark mode) if you're signed in, but if you don't want a Fandom account you're stuck with yellow I'm afraid 😅 

1 hour ago, KageSora said:

No, you can't--in order to use the BSA you have to have a variant of that color.

If you don't have the variant of the color you want to begin with you can ot use the BSA to change it into that color yourself.  What they were saying was they wish that, in order to obtain your first variant of a specific color and thus gaining the ability to use the BSA to change eggs to that color, you have no choice to to make purebreds.  You can't breed them with some other dragon in order to get your first variant.

I understand what jazeki's looking for. I would said yes but no. Yes because technically you can get non pb first variant by trade or with someone help. No because it had another limit and troublesome, no method to achieve this like normal. :ph34r: 

Just want to say, for the people who was picky about lineage, it doesn't have any actual affect. (except the getting difficult increase?) they could still collecting the lineages that they like and have chance to skip the PB if they dislike.

Edited by D-wing

For the color discussion, while the working names are fun, I also prefer the shorter names, like the wiki is using.  I'm not in DC as much as I'm used to, so I'd be lost if we only had the longer, more fun names.

The shorter names are the official ones now. Probably easier but I really enjoy the working names from the spriters and will use them as inspiration for my dragon names.

The Encyclopedia description says:

• Despite their wide range of colorations, they can be most easily identified by their body colors, which fit into common categories: lime, brown, tan, green, teal, pink, blue, black, and white.

I think my current favourites are bown, tan, green, pink and white. I know that's more than half of the colours but this the best I could do! I do love them all. 😸

Or, maybe I won't try to pick favourites, at least not yet!

On 7/30/2023 at 12:09 AM, Maia NaViolith said:

Perhaps the red-green (desert/volcano) x blue-purple (coast/alpine), red-green (desert/volcano) x green-brown (forest/jungle), and blue-purple (coast/alpine) x green-brown  (forest/jungle) would account for three of the variants?

So, now a theory on the last three colors:

Hybrid 1 (red-green x blue-purple) x green-brown = Color 7

Hybrid 2 (red-green x green-brown) x blue-purple = Color 8

Hybrid 3 (blue-purple x green brown) x red-green = Color 9

Basically, that the last three colors require combining all three from the original set?

59 minutes ago, Maia NaViolith said:

So, now a theory on the last three colors:

Hybrid 1 (red-green x blue-purple) x green-brown = Color 7

Hybrid 2 (red-green x green-brown) x blue-purple = Color 8

Hybrid 3 (blue-purple x green brown) x red-green = Color 9

Basically, that the last three colors require combining all three from the original set?

Either this or the hybrids breeding with each other the way the originals did.

What are the odds that my first seven Astraels would end up female 😩😭 I'll have to wait a few more days before I can breed hybrids; oh well! haha

Those colours are amazing, the sprites are gorgeous! It will take me a while to reach my scroll goal, but with the new BSA it won't be as difficult as it could have been. 🙂 

19 minutes ago, schenanigans said:

I am so glad everyone seems to be enjoying themselves as they discover the mysteries of the Astrael Dragon 👀

Thanks so much for all the additional information. They are beautiful dragons!

As a person who likes breeding hybrids, but also likes to have CBs of everything, I'm a big fan of the pollinate mechanic :D

I really do like these new dragons, and the mechanics on acquiring the variants.  This will keep me occupied for quite a while.....

1 hour ago, schenanigans said:

[In case people have not seen it yet, the encyclopedia has been updated with notes, including a note with "official" names for the variants. We decided to keep it simple, and in order on TJ's post, those names are Lime, Brown, Tan, Green, Teal, Pink, Blue, Black, and White, based on their body colors. Hopefully that helps both with trading and with those having issues identifying them!] 

I am so glad everyone seems to be enjoying themselves as they discover the mysteries of the Astrael Dragon 👀 

astraelplanning.png.aa23d0317966d5e007d6ad05ce6ce30e.png

Schen & Spatio planning Astrael colorations and breeding, circa 2021, colorized. 

I thought this picture was supposed to be players figuring out how to get all the colors... 😆 

Thank you spriters for all the work on this!

Edited by Awdz Bodkins

1 hour ago, Awdz Bodkins said:

I thought this picture was supposed to be players figuring out how to get all the colors... 😆 

That really had me laughing!

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Thanks so much for all the additional information. They are beautiful dragons!

Yes, this!

Oh, this dragon is so beautiful in all its forms.  I caught one of each on the first day, and I've been trying for more ever since with no luck, but at least I was able to buy more, so now I have two of each.  I love breeding hybrids, so I can't wait to try it with these once the system is worked out.  🙂

I love the adults! And I just caught the last one I needed from the Alpine. I hope the other variants are as easy to find.

a lot of the colors feel too similar to me to justify having So many, but I like that we got a new hybrid/flower breeding dragon, and I really can't get over how brilliant the pollination mechanic is! all the fun of breeding and unlocking a new color AND total freedom for lineages. it's perfect 💜

edit: oh and the whole poet thing is fun too

Edited by Arcy