TJ09

2023-07-30 - July Dragon Release

3 hours ago, schenanigans said:

As players, we endeavored to make these something that would be fun, satisfying, and still cater (at least a little bit) to various different playstyles.

I was just coming here to say, I really enjoy the mechanic you two came up with! All the fun of breeding for alts, but there's also a way to get CBs of the alts for those of us who prefer that. I think it's a really neat compromise.

Since I'm sitting around doing nothing as I recuperate from a hard day yesterday, I popped into my GIMP program and made myself a graphic of all the colors of the Astrael Dragons.  I thought others might find it handy too, so here it is.  

astraelcolors.jpg

These dragon Adults are GORGEOUS! Thank you so much for them! The spriters are amazing on this forum. Has anyone got a hybrid color yet?

Okay, I already commented about how I like the pollinate mechanic for the possibility to have CBs in the secondary colours, but now I gotta add that it's also so, so convenient even just with the primary colours. I just caught a volcano egg and only then realized that what I intended to hunt for was actually the forest/jungle variant - with another breed I'd have to try to either trade or hunt again for the right variant, but already having some adult Astraels it was just a matter of a BSA and tadam, a brown egg from volcano :D

Edit: Oh, and also - @laevsk Thank you for the graphic, it's really useful and more convenient than checking the wiki all the time!

Edited by Gwathgor

[eggspam removed]

Just bred this one from a limexbrown pair- no pollinating required.

Note: Since the egg has been removed, it is a green

Edited by lucky15371

These dragons are absolutely beautiful, many big thanks to the pair behind them.

That said, I am absolutely begging for a small, easy release next month. Or maybe skip a month. I don't have the scroll space to keep up (which means none of us have the scroll space to keep up, since I'm platinum). And this is pretty much my own fault, but updating my spreadsheets and scroll data records for huge releases like this takes a long time and a lot of effort, so pretty pretty please make my life easier next release.

Thank you again to the artists, the Astrael really are gorgeous!

I'll have to play catch up with the color variants, but I just wanted to post this now in case I wake up to a closed topic. 

Thank you, once again TJ, Mods and Artists for yet another beautiful batch of dragons. Despite any grumbles that happened, the work you've all done is amazing. 

Thank you Schenanigans, and spatio for such a beautiful new release.  Your eggs, baby dragons,  and grown dragons are just beautiful.  💖😍

Love the release and all the specials about it, just wished the drops would be a some more as they seem to be now, haven't seen any since my so far first 8 hatched.

Many thanks for the lore behind these guys, their sprites do look gorgeous and the BSA sounds fun too.

18 hours ago, schenanigans said:

These fellas were initially conceived in December 2020/January 2021 as a Valentine submission, and looked a decent bit different! They were a gold and red wyvern, similar to the Lime variant.

I kept thinking, "I just absolutely love these!" and I kept telling my husband that I'm usually obsessed with wyverns. I was thinking of Valentine pairings, too, before going through the thread on all the posts I missed.

Really cool that I was picking up on the vibe a little!

1 hour ago, Naughtrish said:

And this is the result of my first breeding 😢

rip :(

While I think some of the variants are a bit too similar, I ADORE the mechanic. The hybrids from hybrids combined with the pollinate so you can still get cbs of every colour is brilliant. Really enjoyed the theorising for this breed and that it will take a bit longer to get them all! It's been very fun.

2 hours ago, Naughtrish said:

And this is the result of my first breeding 😢

image.png.e31596168d45c62cf547a0f102e1d5a5.png

Well I didn't get that but I did get an Og and an Aquarius that weren't interested, even after influencing.

Used Fertility on all mine before the first breeding and got each a green, teal and pink egg. Unfortunately I have two male CBs (brown and tan) left, so no 4th breeding yet^^ I hope we can buy (and pollinate) the base colors at the market at some point, cus I don't even see any in the cave.

Edited by Su_Halcon

So... what's the current theory? 

That breeding hybrids (the three pairs we've uncovered) will produce the last three colors?

2 minutes ago, Su_Halcon said:

Used Fertility on all mine before the first breeding and got each a green, teal and pink egg. Unfortunately I have two male CBs (brown and tan) left, so no 4th breeding yet^^ I hope we can buy (and pollinate) the base colors at the market at some point, cus I don't even see any in the cave.

They are in the market for 100 shards now!

IMG_0733.jpeg

39 minutes ago, The Evil Doer said:

So... what's the current theory? 

That breeding hybrids (the three pairs we've uncovered) will produce the last three colors?

I see two possibilites:

Green x Tan; Teal x Brown; Pink x Lime (putting all three original colors together in equal measure)

or

Green x Teal; Green x Pink; Teal x Pink (hybrid x hybrid)

I bred a brown to a tan twice and got pink eggs.  Yes, I used fertility first, as it's supposed to prevent  refusals (or at least has worked 100% for me so far).

I have no lime adults yet.

I am hoping that this thread doesn't close till we know how to get the variants.

Edited by daba555
Put the wrong color

I wish their beautiful wings were more visible in the lineage tile... or alternatively, that it was slightly more zoomed in to better show the details. I don't know, somehow it just feels that it doesn't work the best way, but maybe I'll get used to it. 😸🌼

I didn’t use the fertility but I got 3 hybrids, and abandoned one 🤣 green I thought it was regular colour

I guess I will be collecting a lot. Since they are all available as CBs by using Pollinate, I will need 8 CBs of each, plus whatever hybrids I need to do the pollination. :wacko:

Not 200+ but still a lot.

I am not objecting, though, since they are all so lovely!  You artists really did a terrific job on these. They are fancy without being too fussy and the color combinations are really attractive.

I am just disappointed that TJ has declared he has no intention of increasing scroll limits. With so many new dragons to bring up to my goals (still working on a lot of the earlier releases from as long as a year ago), I barely have a chance to do any lineage breeding any more!