TJ09

2023-06-25 - June Dragon Release

I agree with around 1/5. My ratios until now is 32:5 and if chances =1/5, the number of attempts for 99% as least getting 1 white egg is 1-0.8^n > 0.99, = 21 tries. 90% = 11 tries. The chance of 0/8 white drake = 16.8% , 0/16 white drake = 2.8%, seem like fit the report in that thread...

Edit: but the ratios may change (or have mobility, not a fixed value), so it's only for references.

Edited by D-wing

I‘m lousy with maths…

I‘m 23/24 locked, so I can’t even think about using my shards for up to 28 attempts on the Vespines (I also like the yellow ones more, but I still need to fulfill my scroll goal of 2 adult pairs anyway)

Just bought three - all yellow,and will go to the AP in 5 hours.

Ugh, well that annoying as heck and needlessly frustrating.  I dislike when things are designed with the intent of being as annoying and frustrating to obtain as possible.

Not surprised though, all things considered.

Didn't have any time to hunt this past week, so tried my luck on the Market; out of the 8 Vespines I purchased, only one was white.

that rng is some rotten luck. I wouldn’t waste my shards trying to get 2 more white Vespines when the yellows will just be abandoned. 

Okay, that's enough reason to give up on those whites. I will definitely not waste all my shards for the slim change to get a pair of whites. I'd rather spend them on a pair of Golds and Stateraes. I'm sad that this nr is another dragon hard to get. 

2 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

Just bred my one white vespine. He gave a yellow. 

I’m afraid to breed mine now 🙃 

Must be quite a task to start a all-white Vespine lineage.

Just bought 8 Vespine eggs from the market - - - got 7 yellows and 1 white.

7 minutes ago, Eiren said:

I’m afraid to breed mine now 🙃 

Must be quite a task to start a all-white Vespine lineage.

Just finished breeding my five other adults. Got three yellow, one refusal, and one white. 

@ShorahNagi His wifey was a pseudo wyvern.

Edited by Jazeki

3 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

Just finished breeding my five other adults. Got three yellow, one refusal, and one white

Ooooh interesting! At least your results show a better chance to get a white than cave hunting so far!

4: 1 sounds much better than 28: 1 ..

Edited by Eiren

I have the 8 CB yellows I need but only two white so far ... and have barely seen any in the caves hhhhhh

6 eggs bought in Market and all of them yellow, goodbye 1200 shards and 12 weeks of hoarding 😢

My first four drakes grew up so I could breed my only white couple and my first yellow. Got yellow eggs from both couples. (Can't post links since I didn't keep them)

Bred all my scripts and black teas a few days ago, 10ish couples. Got new hybrid eggs from all of them but one. Didn't use fertility on any of the parent dragons.

Another curious thing is I can see the yellow drake in the encyclopedia but when I click it and come to the page both the yellow and white adults are shadows. Guess it might be because I have more than three adults in total but less than three of either colour. 

Edited by Caileh

Well, 6/6 from the market are yellow so I'm losing hope for the tiny white guys

3 hours ago, Aie said:

Didn't have any time to hunt this past week, so tried my luck on the Market; out of the 8 Vespines I purchased, only one was white.

59 minutes ago, Leidarendi said:

Just bought 8 Vespine eggs from the market - - - got 7 yellows and 1 white.

13 minutes ago, tjenni said:

6 eggs bought in Market and all of them yellow, goodbye 1200 shards and 12 weeks of hoarding 😢

So, should I basically throw away my shards with no guarantee of success, take years to find one or two whites in the cave, or just give up on them entirely like I have with the Stats?

So seems will be like the dorsal and ridgewing, its not worth spending all on market, prob rare, but eventually breeding  should drop the white, if someone knows ratio of them being gotten from market, ratio might be same for breeding one? I cant math, so not something i can figure out XD

16 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

So, should I basically throw away my shards with no guarantee of success, take years to find one or two whites in the cave, or just give up on them entirely like I have with the Stats?

Did you give up on red dorsals or tan ridgies ?

28 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

How many shards it doesn't hurt to lose for you?

13 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

A little bit different, they're very common but the drakes seem uncommon? But I agree that don't need to give up.

20 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

No, but these seem much more rare.

I have enough shards to buy a bunch of yellows in the market, but I have other things that I am struggling to get in the cave that I may end up wanting shards for. I guess my point is that I am probably not ready to buy, yet. I can be patient if it seems there is a chance of success. I am still short of my goals on most of the Hydras and newest Gemshards, too. So I most likely will just wait this out to see how it all goes.

Meanwhile, I am out of the hunt for a day or two. Just filled my last two egg slots by breeding two of the new hybrids. :)

So, how does one get a white version?  Time/season caught/bred? Different biome? Or just random?

1 hour ago, Safira20897 said:

Well, 6/6 from the market are yellow so I'm losing hope for the tiny white guys

Are they shown as white, or are they all yellow when you buy them and one turns out to be white?

1 hour ago, White Fox said:

So, how does one get a white version?  Time/season caught/bred? Different biome? Or just random?

Are they shown as white, or are they all yellow when you buy them and one turns out to be white?

The description is the same, they drop from every biome. Have to click it to see if it’s yellow or white. 
well, if you miss the specific egg, one can always use view url and the code to see if that was a white egg.

From the market, there’s only one category ‘Vespine’ and you’ll only know when you actually purchase it (or so it seems) —they appear yellow in the market—-

Ratio of yellow vs white aren’t perfectly clear but saw from 8:1 up to 28:1 when you catch in the cave.

Purchasing from market (from what I’ve seen in this thread) appear to have similar but slightly better ratio.

Breeding white Vespines won’t guarantee you’ll get white egg.

Edited by Eiren