TJ09

2023-06-25 - June Dragon Release

I've just picked some yellows up in the AP.  It seems to be quite a few showing up there.   Thank you so much to whoever was so kind to contribute them.   :D

Thank you, spriters and conceptors. Love both. Glad to see another completed list rework as well. 

All the new adults are so cool. I love the gecko body shape of the Incense dragons, and the ferocity of the new drakes. I think I like the yellows just a little better, which makes me feel better about not having found any whites yet.

2 minutes ago, GhostMouse said:

I think I like the yellows just a little better, which makes me feel better about not having found any whites yet.

I managed to get one white drake, but also like the yellow ones a bit more. I think mostly because those patterns on their wings are my favourite detail and in golden they look more spectacular than in dark gray.

Drakes reminds me a Halloween dragons 😅 Great job, this release is absolutely stunning !!!🎃 ❤️❤️❤️

@Infinis - are you able to confirm whether the  Vespines' white variant is a random less common one like the red dorsal ? Or do we just have to wait and see...?

Edited by Fuzzbucket

just read the descriptions -- it seems we have a dangerous albeit beautiful couple of new breeds roaming galsreim! (congrats and thanks, tca, infinis, and moonshark!)

1 minute ago, LostinEcho said:

Are the white drakes still dropping? And are they rare like stats? 😅

They are still dropping, yes. I saw one. I don't think they're stat level rare, but they appear to be a color alt like tan ridgewings or red dorsals, and as such, rarer than their yellow counterparts. 

1 hour ago, Stormcaller said:

I've just picked some yellows up in the AP.  It seems to be quite a few showing up there.   Thank you so much to whoever was so kind to contribute them.   :D

Actually, people were posting that they dropped yellows because they wanted to try for whites.

But thank you for letting us know they are in the AP.  I had looked last night and didn't find any.

7 minutes ago, The Evil Doer said:

Wait... so white drake wont be available in the market?

I'm not convinced of that - I still believe red dorsals and tan ridigies pop up there randomly when yoo buy the standard egg you see there, as they do in the biomes with the standard description.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

14 minutes ago, daba555 said:

Actually, people were posting that they dropped yellows because they wanted to try for whites.

But thank you for letting us know they are in the AP.  I had looked last night and didn't find any.

Just saw an Incense egg too, missed it unfortunately.

OK, such as it is, the June Drop will be ending before much longer... And the only  Vespine's that I've seen have been a few in the AP.  

Thank you to the Spriter's

And thank you to the members who have offered a Vespine to me, but I am pretty much done for now...  I'll breed some more Incense Dragons...

33 minutes ago, Rosedamai said:

Just saw an Incense egg too, missed it unfortunately.

I've dropped loads of those,

I've picked up several yellows in the AP in the last hour. I even saw a white,  but wasn't quick enough to get it. Haven't seen any vespines in the cave since release day. 

Despite the annoyance of rarity and all that, I give high marks for these cool concepts and beautiful sprites. At first I was a little "oh no" that the Incense adults weren't a little more, well, elegant or something. But nah, they're gorgeous and I love the concept. Aesthetic in my brain is all dried herbs, lavender, rose petals, tea leaves, in a little medieval cottage with incense burning. 

I kinda have a thing for wasps, so I love the Vespines, too. It feels like drakes are a little bit underrepresented, so this is really cool. Also really neat for this time of year, as the dry, husky rattles of insect wings meld with a hot, cracked hayfield aesthetic & anticipation of coming harvest (straw, Dog Days, bees & wild honey, "not the bees!", Midsummer...coming autumn). 

Hoohoo, new release! Forgot to check during the weekend, luckily the AP helped with the Vespines (yellow, anyway). Love the sprites, the incense for some reason reminds me of a softer cousin of silvers?

15 hours ago, Laugh said:

I got an incuhatchable egg if you want one ~

Well shoot, I just saw this, I went to bed after that post 😂.  I managed to catch an AP pair after many misses.  Thank you though!

I had been talking about how I felt the whites were based on bald-faced hornets when I first saw the hatchie descriptions, so it makes me sorta proud to be right and have that confirmed! It was a really random tidbit I had remembered from being a kid (THOSE THINGS SUCK IRL BTW), so it was even cooler to see them in game. Non-standard breeds deserve more love, so I'm glad to see more releases with non-standards too.

I also love the fatter tails on the Incense Dragons, they remind me of American Fat-Tailed Geckos and I love them to death. What a great release! 

4 hours ago, Stirfry said:

I'm glad they went with Incense. I feel like Latin names have been kind of beaten to death. 

Which is, of course, not derived from the Latin word at all. ;)

OHHHH THEY ARE .. WASP THEMED.... Wasps are my favorite animal right now, I MUST get more ooo. The hybrids are beautiful as well, I love them! Wonderful work, spriters, thank you so much for these beauties!

Oughh these adults look AMAZING, wow!! LOVE the poses and colors, and the curly wings on the drakes are such a cool touch! The hybrids might just be my new favorite hybrids also ... their lizardy bodies are so cute, love the chunky tails ❤️

Know what would be awesome? If they had a BSA that would create a paper egg.
Probably not even vaguely viable game mechanic wise, but I like the idea that a paper dragon is basically a waspdragon nest that hatched