TJ09

2023-06-25 - June Dragon Release

Based on the name sorting of the new Drake, I'm gonna take a shot in the dark before we get the adults and assume that it's called something along the lines of Vermin Drake?

I can't wait for the hybrid to grow up! Maybe an "incendium" (Latin for "fire") sort of name?

Thank you people who grabbed the new drake eggs fast and plenty and then dumped them to the Cave - I now have two NRs, I don't care if they're white or yellow! Thank you thank you!

And the hybrid is a cutie!

Incense Dragon is now adult and very cute 🥰 

love the colours , need more pink in dc 😅

finally pretty nr dragon for this year 

I love the hybrid! Both the colours and the idea with the incense smoke are really cool! Thank you!

So white drakes are more hostile and aggressive toward passerbys…Interesting, considering the shumogas are opposite, wild variant being darker. 
Love the incense dragon and their smoke! Would love to get a taste of mana rich smoke 😆

Edited by Eiren

Ooh, beautiful adults. 

Thank you, TJ and spriters! :)

the yellows are keep appear in AP and become easy to get in this time! :blush:

@MoonShark is the concept artist for the drakes :3 they are based on yellowjackets; the white one is based on the bald-faced hornet.

DC Yellowjacket by Infinis

this is the original version of the drakes! there were several years between this version and the much better version that was released ~

The drakes are gorgeous.  Interesting name - clearly a nod to hornets (Vespa) - and that matches their description, of course.  We had a nest above one of our bedroom windows a few year ago.  I loved watching them taking water from our garden pond to cool the nest.   Only alarming thing was when I realised that they'd used so much that the plaster inside the bedroom was becoming damp and stained.  They also had an alarming habit of banging into our movement-triggered security lights at night.

Edited by LadyMadonna

Lovely adults, esp the hybrid!  This is the first time in a long time I couldn't breed one on release day!  I have lots of black teas and scripts actually, and I got nothing!  Can't wait to try again!

Gorgeous adults!  Thanks TJ and the artists!

I love that we have hornet-themed drakes now, and the hybrids are just plain lovely. Thank you to the spriters. ♥

Reminder that this isn't a suggestions thread - if you have suggestions for drops/releases take it the suggestions/requests section. This thread is for discussing the new dragons. 

I love the Incense dragons! New favorite hybrid. 

They are both amazing! Great job to the creators. I am still thrilled to see my beloved Black Teas getting the spotlight again. :wub:

Once again the adult sprites are beautiful! Gonna have to spend some more time in the cave to try and catch more

Gorgeous adults. I hope to see nice drake lineages in the future. I know drake breeders will create something nice=3

5 minutes ago, DarkellaLord said:

Gorgeous adults. I hope to see nice drake lineages in the future. I know drake breeders will create something nice=3

Personally, I think they'd go v well with the tarantula hawks :)

Both of these dragons are lovely! Thanks so much to TJ and to the artists who created these.

It is easy to be salty sometimes when you can't seem to catch what you want, but I find patience usually pays off and I am willing to wait. (Although I admit I have given up on CB Stats!)

Still seeking a white drake, or 2, or 8. :wacko:

That's weird - I thought I posted this already - both new dragons are amazing - thank you so much, Infinis and TCA..

The adult sprite art is great (as always!) While I'd rather not dip my toes into the nightmare of catching a Vespine for myself, I especially love the Incense and will definitely need to snatch more of them in my spare time in the future for sure......

also, for Drake breeders, some food for thought: Berry x Vespine and/or Honey x Vespine would be interesting imo 😇.

The incense dragons are cool. Their appearance definitely takes more after scripts, which is a shame because black teas are a longtime favorite of mine. 

4 hours ago, Fly-by-Night said:

I can't wait for the hybrid to grow up! Maybe an "incendium" (Latin for "fire") sort of name?

I'm glad they went with Incense. I feel like Latin names have been kind of beaten to death.