TJ09

2023-06-25 - June Dragon Release

I've been trying for over an hour today, and didn't see a single egg drop. Nothing in the AP either. This release is incredibly frustrating. 

While I have been hunting for NR, I noticed a number of Sonatas, and they are blue.....

And I took someone's advice, used fertility on both dragons, and got a couple of hybrids.

i've been tracking every 5 minute reshuffle for the past 6 hours and i haven't seen ONE drake since the flood. i got lucky that i was able to get 3, including a white one. i can't imagine what it's like for people who missed it.

this... feels like it should be changed. these things need to drop at least a little bit more.

41 minutes ago, BringsTheSnow said:

They are in the AP now!

I'm just seeing the same eggs over and over. 

Some of them do show up in the AP, but get grabbed about as quickly as from the biomes.

i think we aren't addressing the issue here -- people shouldn't have to go to the AP to get new releases. either the drop rate needs to increase or we need a second row in every biome, the latter of which i proposed nearly three years ago next week. this problem is starting to severely affect peoples' ability to play the game and participate in new drops.

I guess I need to give up on this NR. It's frustrating. The one I saw in the Desert was gone as fast as lightning, the same with the few who dropped in the AP. *sigh*

26 minutes ago, Soul-Tian said:

I guess I need to give up on this NR. It's frustrating. The one I saw in the Desert was gone as fast as lightning, the same with the few who dropped in the AP. *sigh*

Yeah, the new releases are getting pretty bad. Especially if you want release dates. And there’s simply too many breeds for the amount of biomes.

I have been hunting off and on a good bit of the day. Have seen a few of the eggs, but have not been able to catch any.

Welp, still no luck in Cave or AP.  While I must admit I feel some schadenfreude seeing that I'm not the only one facing this frustration, I still can't help but feel this is probably one of the worst NR in awhile.  The addition to the appearance of previous eggs with keywords "Smooth" "Dark" and "Markings" causing tons of misclicks and AP mass dumps of yellows and still hard for ppl to grab, this egg either has the most damn generic description ever or specific eggs with similar descriptions are being pushed in to make it even harder.

I just gotta hope I can somehow unlock it in the market at this rate😕

I kinda wonder if the spriters and TJ need to lay off monthly releases and maybe go for bimonthly or more instead (barring holiday dragons of course).  It feels like we just have way too many dragons to sift through and not enough space for eggs to drop.  That's just my 2¢ though.

Edited by ironmaiden66

13 minutes ago, ironmaiden66 said:

Welp, still no luck in Cave or AP.  While I must admit I feel some schadenfreude seeing that I'm not the only one facing this frustration, I still can't help but feel this is probably one of the worst NR in awhile.  The addition to the appearance of previous eggs with keywords "Smooth" "Dark" and "Markings" causing tons of misclicks and AP mass dumps of yellows and still hard for ppl to grab, this egg either has the most damn generic description ever or specific eggs with similar descriptions are being pushed in to make it even harder.

I just gotta hope I can somehow unlock it in the market at this rate😕

I got an incuhatchable egg if you want one ~

59 minutes ago, Soul-Tian said:

Same. I'm going to chalk this up to another Staterae - I've only ever seen one in the biomes (and didn't manage to catch it; the ones I have are trades) - and just stop hunting. If I manage to randomly encounter one, great. If not, eh. 

1 hour ago, rabbithaver said:

i think we aren't addressing the issue here -- people shouldn't have to go to the AP to get new releases. either the drop rate needs to increase or we need a second row in every biome, the latter of which i proposed nearly three years ago next week. this problem is starting to severely affect peoples' ability to play the game and participate in new drops.

Well, I have to say I have caught three new drakes today, so hey ARE still in the biomes.

Just caught on hour one Yellow NR from the Coast... Much Sadness, would been Yay! if it was a white.

I haven't even SEEN one of the new drake eggs. Just another release where I'm gonna have to get the eggs through the market. Honestly, there's just too many dragons being released per month now. It's so hard to keep up with everything 

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Well, I have to say I have caught three new drakes today, so hey ARE still in the biomes.

they may still be in the biomes, but they shouldn't be dropping so rarely that i haven't even seen ONE despite checking every five minutes all day. i've had better luck catching them in the AP today and that is absolutely not normal.

I'm going to agree and say that this has been a... sour release so far. I was able to breed some of the hybrids, but I've had no luck even seeing the new drakes (biome or AP), let alone grabbing any, because I was busy on flood day. I've noticed that people have been bitter about NR floods not lasting 24 hours for a while now, not helped by the NRs slowing to a crawl that immediately gets sniped the second they load into a page. NRs seem to be getting more difficult and the floods shorter every release.

I'm curious about if people who looking for more rares are glad about them.   2. Also curious about how many yellows had been throw into ap, if it's not a great amount, I think the yellow is uncommon. I still keep seeing and miss them, the occurrence rate likes FHH, maybe reduced to unbreedable levels in next NR. But I still don't think they can challenge the silvers in values.   3? I don't think the problem is too much dragons but not enough slots.:shards:   4. my ratio until now is 30:5, 2/16 white after flood. Yesterday I started to offer my yellows to someone who don't have them in hub because of no megi. I will continue to do that.

Edited by D-wing

19 hours ago, Laugh said:

Lol I missed the one you got in Forest and I thought you got the one from Alpine about 10-20ish min ago too, must have been someone else. Thought it was ironic you replied to me in thread haha

What?!? Ok, that sounds really dramatic. Lol Actually, I wanted to try a bit more but I completely forgot Egg lock. So, I decided to take an early break. What a small valkemare!

I can empathize that this particular release was especially challenging compared to previous releases. If, as speculated by many, a white variant doesn't emerge in the market, I would confidently assert that it is even harder than the release of Sonata. I remember sending four yellow eggs as AP and making trades with the rest for random Hatchling.

I'm giving up on actively seeking the white variant and instead waiting for luck to come after the fever dies down, just like searching for Ridgewing Alt! But I'm a bit concerned about how long this fever will last. You guys proposals are also interesting!

Edited by Noxenr

3 hours ago, ironmaiden66 said:

I kinda wonder if the spriters and TJ need to lay off monthly releases and maybe go for bimonthly or more instead (barring holiday dragons of course).  It feels like we just have way too many dragons to sift through and not enough space for eggs to drop.  That's just my 2¢ though.

I haven't seen this suggested before, but it's actually an idea I'd support - some of the releases have been so big, or with such complex mechanisms, that trying to catch/breed for them alongside regular DC play has led to something vaguely akin to burnout. Every second month plus holidays could be a nice compromise to allow busier players to catch up while still keeping things fresh and interesting for people.

I have before, and always will, lend my voice to the support for 24 hour floods; when you have a player base all over the world, it's really the only way to make it fair for everyone. No one loved when release times were random, but with them being set at DC midnight there's always going to be one region who can't be online easily during the 16 hour flood, and then really struggles to catch anything once its over.

I was like two days late to even noticing there was a new release (even though I was doing things on here). Did manage to get the hybrid first try from the one pair I had that could have produced it. I was lucky to get the gold trophy at the perfect time for having one more egg slot but I haven't even seen the drakes outside of clicksites (at least I can get encyclopedia sprites lol). I suppose I'll hope for AP drakes to trickle in.

Edit: Actually managed to get a yellow drake on the AP, at least it's something!

Edited by Amaruuk

i was late and only got 1 yellow, but 2 hybrids at least.

i don't agree with limiting releases to bi-monthly. with how many dragon requests there are, some dragons might not see a release for years and years already.

i DO agree that its time to extend some things because we have so many breeds now. DC has expanded everywhere else it needs more extending elsewhere.

1. NR times should be extended. i remember as a kid in middle school i would leave my school at 3 and make it back home by 3:15. with diligent hunting i was able to catch any new releases because they were still regularly dropping. then a few hours later at about 5 or so, the normal drops would kick in. nowadays it feels like they last a couple hours then "oh well, you missed it."
  2. a single egg row was fine when we had 50-ish breeds now we got around 260 breeds. that's not including variants like copper colors. a second row would do a lot of good between the vast amount of players vs breeds. even dividing the breeds evenly across the biomes that's 40 breeds (not inc variants) waiting for a turn at the 3 egg row. ignore also that commons would hog up the lines, appearing 3 or so before another breed enters.

i remember TJ was nice enough to do the double row once for a ??Halloween?? release due to a ??disaster or severe lag?? around that time. it was a godsend back then and now seems to be needed outright nowadays. if the 5 min drops cant be extended at all.

The new eggs are moving through the AP for those interested. I've clicked on (and missed) several. 

i'm against limiting new releases partly because with the amount of dragon requests, it's already years before some breeds get dropped into the cave. i'm also against it because the amount of new releases is not the issue whatsoever, and will only be punishing spriters by making them wait longer to see their work canonized.

a second row in every biome would resolve a lot of issues in the long run. in the short term, bumping up the drop rate of NRs would probably help somewhat as well.

Edited by rabbithaver