TJ09

2023-06-25 - June Dragon Release

2 hours ago, ShorahNagi said:

Same here (bred to a Tarantula Hawk [know this isn't a breeding thread but they look good together: https://dragcave.net/lineage/yiE1O])

Was yours a purebred or?

Looks cute! I’m also bred one yellow one white with different drakes and got 2 yellow eggs, dropped them 

1 hour ago, White Fox said:

So, how does one get a white version?  Time/season caught/bred? Different biome? Or just random?

Are they shown as white, or are they all yellow when you buy them and one turns out to be white?

In the market, the only egg shown is the yellow one.  But I bought 8 of them and 1 turned out white after I bought it.  Hope this helps!

Update: bought a second, smaller batch of Vespines after the 5-hour cooldown and got the other white I needed! So out of the 11 eggs I've bought in total, two were white; the ratios don't seem too abysmal to me.

I bred both white Vespines (to Sunbeams) and got yellow eggs -__-

Edited by mishhelle

3 bought 1 white

thanks for the nice dragons

Edited by eccoshop

6 hours ago, KageSora said:

Ugh, well that annoying as heck and needlessly frustrating.  I dislike when things are designed with the intent of being as annoying and frustrating to obtain as possible.

Not surprised though, all things considered.

This is where I'm at right now. I've been through at least 10 from the cave and 0 were white. 

Edit: Not fond of the idea of throwing away 2+ months worth of shards and HOPING I get the egg that I need. 

Edited by OMGitsKairi

Adding in some more Market statistics: Bought 4 eggs, all yellow

In another 2/3 hours, I'll buy another set of 4 and see what happens 

4 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Did you give up on red dorsals or tan ridgies ?

Well, you see, both of those breeds show up fairly frequently in the cave compared to the new drakes.  Plus, if you get the alt but wanted the normal you can trade it.

There's no need to waste shards on them when a little bit of patience will net you one.  Meanwhile the new drakes you can spend hours refreshing the cave every 5 minutes and not see a single one.  I've seen more ridgewings since the flood ended than I've seen of the new drakes.

Perhaps it's time to allow limited refunding or trading of certain market dragons so that you're not throwing shards down the drain, that or drastically increase the amount of weekly shards you can obtain without changing market prices so that if you have to buy 10 dragons to get the one variant you want you're not wasting 10 or more weeks of shards (especially with dragons that cost several hundred shards each)

At this point it's simply not worth it, which is a shame because I thought the idea behind the market was "give players a backup in case they simply cannot get them in-cave" but it's just more frustrating than it's worth for certain breeds.

1 hour ago, OMGitsKairi said:

This is where I'm at right now. I've been through at least 10 from the cave and 0 were white. 

Edit: Not fond of the idea of throwing away 2+ months worth of shards and HOPING I get the egg that I need. 

Yep, I need those shards for things that I never see in the cave but that im guaranteed to get exactly what I want when I purchase them.

With these new ones (and the dosal and ridgewings) you're basically deleting shards off your account because you get nothing out of it if it's the wrong color.

14 minutes ago, KageSora said:

Well, you see, both of those breeds show up fairly frequently in the cave compared to the new drakes.  Plus, if you get the alt but wanted the normal you can trade it.

There's no need to waste shards on them when a little bit of patience will net you one.  Meanwhile the new drakes you can spend hours refreshing the cave every 5 minutes and not see a single one.  I've seen more ridgewings since the flood ended than I've seen of the new drakes.

But that's partly because people were spazz clicking to try for a white and then dumping. With dorsals and ridgies, we didn't have this kind of release, with mass dumping of the regular ones. I think this is the first release where there was a minority alt available. 

4 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

But that's partly because people were spazz clicking to try for a white and then dumping. With dorsals and ridgies, we didn't have this kind of release, with mass dumping of the regular ones. I think this is the first release where there was a minority alt available. 

Can't spam click what isn't even showing up in any appreciable numbers.

The fact of the matter is this NR seems to be on the rarer side of uncommon to show up at all, with the alt being even more of a nightmare to obtain.

I have seen a grand total of 2 of the drakes since the flood ended, no matter when or where or how long I hunt.  They're just not showing up in any kind of appreciable numbers, especially not with how many you need to burn through to get an alt.

I don't think people would be this upset if they were, say, showing up with the frequency of the birthday dragons or if they were as common as a blocker.  Trying to get the alt would still be tedious but you can't try for an alt if you can't even see any of the eggs in the first place.

There's no two ways about it--trying to get the alt in the market is gambling.  The only hope many players have at all, since they're not even seeing the yellows in-cave, is to gamble their highly limited currency and pray they win the RNG.  And since you'll lose most of the time, you can't even do anything with the consolation prize if you don't need or want it.  You're either stuck with it or you can throw it away, but you can't even give it to somebody of your choice or trade it off to somebody else.

Yes getting the alt is a gamble - market or cave. But if I - with a rather busy life just now and on the road for part of the release - managed 10 yellow. (and I'm NOT a fast clicker..) OK for my two whites I traded, but not huge prices - NR hybrids mostly... I am sorry you were so unlucky, and I wish I could give you the yellow again I just bought.

And people manage to get CB Stats and CB metals--doesn't mean those people are typical representatives of the average player's luck.  Some players manage to get all the luck at once while everyone else is left high and dry.  It's the nature of RNG, and it gets felt far worse when something is in high demand or otherwise very hard to obtain.

And another set of 6 Market yellow Vespines… the only good thing is that I have a even Number of CB/Market Staterae and don’t want any more of those or I wouldn’t send those shards down the drain for those elusive Whites 😢

Mine have bred yellow and I got a yellow from the market.   Right now, much as I want at least 1, I can't bring myself to waste shards when the odds are stacked towards failure.

1 hour ago, KageSora said:

Can't spam click what isn't even showing up in any appreciable numbers.

[...]

There's no two ways about it--trying to get the alt in the market is gambling.  The only hope many players have at all, since they're not even seeing the yellows in-cave, is to gamble their highly limited currency and pray they win the RNG.  And since you'll lose most of the time, you can't even do anything with the consolation prize if you don't need or want it.  You're either stuck with it or you can throw it away, but you can't even give it to somebody of your choice or trade it off to somebody else.

I haven't seen a single drake in the cave since the flood stopped, no matter how often I look, or where. 

And yeah, it feels pretty gross and gacha-like. 

Edited by OMGitsKairi

@Infinis, are your lovely wasps meant to be rarer than hen's teeth? :huh:

Both dragons are beautiful as adults. Now to snag me some hybrids.

I really like the way the drakes look. I already have a full lineage of Honeys and Tarantula Hawks. Saw other people thinking the same thing. I can't wait to try them!

10/10 Market wasps over today (abandoning the old ones) and they were all yellow 🥺

8 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I am still short of my goals on most of the Hydras and newest Gemshards, too. So I most likely will just wait this out to see how it all goes.

Maybe I can help with that a little bit. I've got two CB Hydra Hatchlings (Coast and Volcano) right now and already have a CB pair of each so I don't need them. Do you want them? 

So I decided to get myself a Gold from the Market and with the last shards I've got I tried for a White Vespine. Got one Yellow and one White in two tries. I guess luck was on my side for once. 😮

Edited by Soul-Tian

OH YES.

BEAUTIFUL ADULTS!

... That I don't have yet!

This is what I get for missing a release.

Gotta wait or hunt in the Market.

Got 6 Vespine from the Market - 1 White.  The others will go to the AP when they are off cooldown.

Edited by JaneMcAsh

I have several yellow vespines growing up tomorrow morning. I'll try breeding again and will report results. They seem pretty easy to trade for. 

My tally of the Vespine. With the market white from today I’m done hunting them down.  

2 coast (yellow)
2 alpine (yellow & white)
3 volcano (yellow)
1 market (white)

030F7496-3EDA-4396-B303-A813E88A0B75.jpeg