TJ09

2023-06-25 - June Dragon Release

Bred white with white, yellow with yellow and both pairs gave me yellow, which was kinda expected..

Market egg 14 & 15 were finally white👍

good luck to the others buying / catching those wasps, now only need 3 bred whites for freezing, which can take time 👋🏼

3 hours ago, Soul-Tian said:

Maybe I can help with that a little bit. I've got two CB Hydra Hatchlings (Coast and Volcano) right now and already have a CB pair of each so I don't need them. Do you want them? 

Thank you for the offer. I have sent a message.

In spite of being somewhat frustrated by the rarity of the Vespines, I am grateful to TJ and the artists for bringing us two more beautiful breeds! I have bred two of the Incense ones and look forward to adding to that number later. Still hunting for my first white Vespine. Hopefully they will settle into a slightly better ratio with the yellows once the dust settles.

Bred white with honey =, yellow

White with Howler =  yellow

Yellow with Yellow  gave me White :)

15 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Hopefully they will settle into a slightly better ratio with the yellows once the dust settles.

I really hope so because I don't think I've ever been this frustrated hunting for a release dragon; five days of constant failure to obtain even one white variant has definitely left me feeling sour.

My current market luck: 7 yellow, 1 white

4 other market yellows have been dropped to the AP (3 more will join in 5 hours)

Will be breeding a few more in a few hours when they grow

Got four Vespine eggs in the original drop - all yellow. No luck catching anything since, despite hours of trying. 

Bred my four Vespines today - three refusals, one non-Vespine egg. 🙃

Bought a total of 18 in the market and they are all yellow 😭 I have the worst luck thank you goodbye

Between the ones caught (and released - a total of 20) on the drop day and another 8 bought from the market these past few days, I got 0 whites. I'll give up  getting CBs and just resort to breed the yellows, not really thrilled about it. This release was... weird. 😕

I'm just going to hope that my yellows eventually breed whites, that's the only way I'm going to get any.  So glad I decided not to throw shards away with such scarcity.

I spent all my shards, 0 Whites out of 12
my wife had 0 out of 24 so far
that's 0 out of 36 for our household. What did we win for scoring THE worst luck?
(purchases were made after unlocking the white egg)

None of us could even see any in the biomes, this is all just the Market...

Edited by Biel

I love the vespine's so much I was really hoping whites might be more common with breeding, but my pairs just gave me yellows. I'm gonna keep hunting in the cave and hopefully get a white eventually but...

Okay, bred 16 more yellow mixed lineaged vespines. Got one refusal, one white, one berry, and the rest were yellow. 

Edited by Jazeki

Definitely keep checking the AP over the next few days at least--apparently some people are snapping the Vespines up out of the cave with the express purpose of dumping them in the AP for some reason.

This has been a weird release for me.  Somehow I missed knowing about the release until yesterday, and this has never happened before.  I've been visiting the Cave and the forum and somehow missed noticing there was a new release.  I had 4 spaces free on my scroll so I hurried to the Cave and tried to catch one, but it was way too late I guess.  So I clicked on drakes in Silvi's and Encyclopedia helpers and activated the Market and bought 2 drakes.  Then I bred 2 Incense dragons.  So now I have 2 of each.  I keep checking the Cave just to see if the Drakes are showing up, but I've never seen one.  It's so weird for me, like an Invisible Release.  But I'm okay.  I can always breed more Incense Dragons, and buy more Drakes, and maybe eventually I'll catch one in the Cave or get one on the forum.  I'll have spaces free by tomorrow.  🙂

1 hour ago, KageSora said:

Definitely keep checking the AP over the next few days at least--apparently some people are snapping the Vespines up out of the cave with the express purpose of dumping them in the AP for some reason.

In the hope of scoring a white :D  I've been doing that. You have a message !

Just bought 4 Vespine eggs and managed to get one white, so now I've got a pair of them, yay! :D

Hearing all of these market horror stories is making me feel a whole lot better about not wanting to take the risk of gambling away all of my shards to maybe get a white Vespine. I'm really hoping variants decided by random chance aren't going to become the new trend since this is the second release in a row we've had a dragon with a randomly decided variant (third if you count the semi-randomness of Sonatas in between phases).

I'm not going to gamble anything at all. Seems unfair imo