TJ09

2023-06-25 - June Dragon Release

3 minutes ago, Arken said:

Hopefully the whites will be reasonable priced on market as looks like people have fairly high expectations for them in the trade.

I'm actually unsure if they'll be on the market, seeing as their colors are randomly distributed, just like dorsals and ridgewings, and you don't see red dorsals or tan ridgewings on the market... 

13 minutes ago, Rosedamai said:

I'm actually unsure if they'll be on the market, seeing as their colors are randomly distributed, just like dorsals and ridgewings, and you don't see red dorsals or tan ridgewings on the market... 

Seems the red can be bred from the purple dorsal and the tan from the purple, which I guess acts  as a hybrid would and why they're not on market.

If the white eggs do the same, there might be a chance to breed a white from the yellow.

1 minute ago, Arken said:

Seems the red can be bred from the purple dorsal and the tan from the purple, which I guess acts  as a hybrid would and why they're not on market.

If the white eggs do the same, there might be a chance to breed a white from the yellow.

You can get CB red dorsals and CB tan ridgewings though, like this: https://dragcave.net/lineage/ITc6j, which would refute the idea that they act like a hybrid. However I do wonder if the white NR drakes can be bred from the yellows, which I personally think would be the case. 

Darn it. Missed it because I didn’t think there would be one this month like previous years. Maybe I can trade.

6 minutes ago, Rosedamai said:

You can get CB red dorsals and CB tan ridgewings though, like this: https://dragcave.net/lineage/ITc6j, which would refute the idea that they act like a hybrid. However I do wonder if the white NR drakes can be bred from the yellows, which I personally think would be the case. 

What I mean is that like hybrids, can't get them in market, due to they can be bred from the common color, though they can be gotten from, but are rare in the cave. I have a CB red dorsal, but my other red dorsal was bred from a purple dorsal and a gold. I also have tan ridgewings bred from the lavender/purple ridgewing.

Either way, if the white acts like the dorsal and ridgewing, that would mean possibilities to breed a white egg from the yellow, we can only hope that's the case, but wont know till they're adults and people start breeding them.

Personally I don't think it makes sense for them not to be in the marketplace--quite frankly it already doesn't make sense for tan ridgewings and red dorsals not to be since various other breeds that have multiple versions that don't always show up with equal rarity are available in the market.  (Look at lumina and dark lumina--despite changing which version is most likely to be obtained depending on one of the moon's phases, you can buy them both in the marketplace at the same time.)

4 minutes ago, KageSora said:

Personally I don't think it makes sense for them not to be in the marketplace--quite frankly it already doesn't make sense for tan ridgewings and red dorsals not to be since various other breeds that have multiple versions that don't always show up with equal rarity are available in the market.  (Look at lumina and dark lumina--despite changing which version is most likely to be obtained depending on one of the moon's phases, you can buy them both in the marketplace at the same time.)

Makes sense to me for the bred only alts and the hybrids to not be in market, but yea, anything that can be gotten in the cave really should be available on market.

My only guess is it's like that cause they can be bred from the common, but means those not good at catching, or don't have the time to camp the cave are unlikely to ever have a CB version.

Wait....are the drakes based on insects? They munch on twigs like caterpillars and their stripey design reminds me of bees or wasps. 

2 hours ago, Talisraye said:

Darn it. Missed it because I didn’t think there would be one this month like previous years. Maybe I can trade.

Keep an eye out on the AP in the next few days. Yellow NR should be popping in there, tons of people abandoning them trying to get white CBs. I dropped off 14 of them so far. 

Interesting, seem like they're still hard to get (small output) even if yellow. Not sure if it because of people still trying to get some whites. My surmise in this time is the white's rarity = aeon/pink Sapphire/wild Shumoga, because seem like the yellow is not very common. The ratios of seem like still around 5-10:1. They drop ~16H, I think it is a normal dropping time (compared with earlier NRs, I support it extended to 24H of-course. ) I still keeping optimism about them because they're drakes, less demands than regular breed. Not against of them (I like ecological diversity ) but they let me remembered FHH. FHH's value were extremely high when they're released, but for a period of time their value were extremely low (as same as red Dorsal/ tan Ridgewing). I didn't concerned their recent price, but I think the white drake's value would like them (although we might need to wait a few month), unless they don't appear in market... then their value might keep around in the aeon's tier.

ps. I think their rarity and randomness are still in a reasonable range, but it provided a challenge. You could see people only got 1-2(basic needs) white in the drop(sorry for the extreme unlucky guy) so it's greatly reduced the dissatisfied about hoarding. Some people said they're looking for rare dragons because they can get a sense of accomplishment in challenge in the recent times NR, I think this NR is relatively balanced of casual users and hardcore users? And it has different style with sonata's NR to deal with rarity to meet different user groups' expectations. But i may be wrong. 🤔

suggestion for catchers: if you're not good at distinguish texts, don't go to forest...

Edited by D-wing

Okay, had to trade away 2 new hybrids, but I finally got a white (now I have 3 yellow, and 1 white) and 2 2g hybrids and 2 3g hybrids.

Curious to see what happens in the future with the drake and breeding.

37 minutes ago, D-wing said:

Not sure if it because of people still trying to get some whites.

It definitely is. Some people in thread dumped a full 8 yellow and got 8 yellow back. I've been picking up CB rares on the way that I think might get a CB White NR trade, while catching NRs. Currently, I am 2 White for 19 NR catches (2:19; nearly 1:10 and both whites were in first batch of 8), got my 3rd from trading a Red Dino but that took a few hours before I got a bite and later I'm going to try to see if a Ice will get me one to. Hoping I can get 2 more so I can freeze 3x hatchlings. 

EDIT: Now it's 2:20 -> 1:10 rate

Edited by Laugh

Darn, i missed the relase!! First time in years 🥲

I'm sad, vacations at the beach don't offer much connection... oh well, may i ask which is the dynamic behind the white and yellow eggs? How do i get both cb? Are they both in the biomes?

14 minutes ago, Naruhina_94 said:

I'm sad, vacations at the beach don't offer much connection... oh well, may i ask which is the dynamic behind the white and yellow eggs? How do i get both cb? Are they both in the biomes?

-it seems to be random, there isn't a special mechanism for getting white/yellow 

-they're in all biomes! 

1 hour ago, Laugh said:

It definitely is. Some people in thread dumped a full 8 yellow and got 8 yellow back. I've been picking up CB rares on the way that I think might get a CB White NR trade, while catching NRs. Currently, I am 2 White for 19 NR catches (2:19; nearly 1:10 and both whites were in first batch of 8), got my 3rd from trading a Red Dino but that took a few hours before I got a bite and later I'm going to try to see if a Ice will get me one to. Hoping I can get 2 more so I can freeze 3x hatchlings. 

Still hard to determine the yellow are common or uncommon, if the ratios is 1/10, 0.9^16=0.185, still have ~20% people can't get any white egg, if the ratios is 1/5, than ~2.8% people can't get any white egg in 16 tries. 🤔 But after they mixed with old eggs, the chances of successfully getting one would dramatically drop. 🤔  My ratios is 14 yellow 3 white, seem relatively lucky. 🤔 And the most dissatisfied guys would be people who missed the NR drop and extreme unlucky. 🤔

1 hour ago, Naruhina_94 said:

"This smooth egg has dark markings." all biomes, but Not recommended to go to forest.

Unfortunately the yellow: white ratios seem like 1/5 - 1/10, so lots of people still keeping hunting them and let them look like extinct. The good news is lot of yellows might appear in AP a few days later. Gook luck! :raptor:

-------------------------------------------

Edit 03: done, sorry for mislead. My Maths skills and memory is extremely terrible. :ph34r:

Edited by D-wing

Wow if the odds are 7-10:1 I had really bad luck I guess. Caught 16 yellows and 1 white...but at least there will be plenty of yellows in the ap. 

Still only managed a single white.  Don't think I'll be getting a second unless they're in the market since I have still only ever seen one drop post-release even when I spend over an hour checking every single drop.  Darn

27 minutes ago, MissK. said:

Wow if the odds are 7-10:1 I had really bad luck I guess. Caught 16 yellows and 1 white...but at least there will be plenty of yellows in the ap. 

14 minutes ago, KageSora said:

Still only managed a single white.  Don't think I'll be getting a second unless they're in the market since I have still only ever seen one drop post-release even when I spend over an hour checking every single drop.  Darn

Sorry for my bad Maths and calculation mistakes, if 1/7 chances should be (1-0.1429)^16= around 8.5% people didn't get one in 16 tries, if 1/5 than (1-0.2)^16, around 2.8% people didn't get one in 16 tries. Is that make sense?

Edited by D-wing

I have seen none after the flood. I didn't catch any white drakes yesterday but managed to trade for one, and I'm already starting to feel bad... surely they wouldn't have accepted my offer, had they known that after the release day these will disappear! Oh well. 😿

In any case, I'm curious to see all adults in a few days!

Somehow I managed to catch a couple more finally, and got lucky with another white. A pair is enough for me...really wish they weren't such a pain though. 

Edited by MissK.

Hmm. My one white drake has cracks before the yellow ones and they all have similar views. 

7 hours ago, Rosedamai said:

Unless I'm mistaken both are in the market but it a gamble which color of Dorsal or Ridgewing you get, just like picking them up from the cave, so the whites may be the same. 

5 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Unless I'm mistaken both are in the market but it a gamble which color of Dorsal or Ridgewing you get, just like picking them up from the cave, so the whites may be the same. 

That seems strange considering they have different color eggs and it wouldn't make any sense to buy one egg and get a different color one.

11 minutes ago, KageSora said:

That seems strange considering they have different color eggs and it wouldn't make any sense to buy one egg and get a different color one.

I went looking and found 2 mentions, both from 2018, so possibly it happened when the market was introduced as a glitch. Not sure now. Nor do I know how to link the specific post in Tiny little questions as "proof". 🤷‍♀️