TJ09

2022-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Well, decided to give it a go with presenting my evidence.

But it is kind of ironic because Joe is all about puns and today my co-worker was looking at puns for November and Thanksgiving, found some pretty good ones too.

That takes care of that. It was fun I suppose, but the time limit is kind of meh. I do kind of wish there was a bit more clear indicators on where to turn your attention next. Like if you find a clue, then it might point you to the next person or room. 

Otherwise, it was good. 

Edited by Firebirdwyvern

Thanks for the sign "New event eggs are are available in the other areas of the cave. Only past eggs can be found here." This is my first event and during the release I was in the halloween biome waiting for the new egg to drop lol. 

Keeps freezing up on me so HOPEFULLY I’m still going to be able to get the nifty badge for this year’s event despite not being able to complete it?

4 hours ago, Cthulhu said:

In case no one else has posted it, the description of the new eggs is  "This cool, weathered egg is a heavy burden to bear."

So for all those who didn't check the site in the first few hours to see the eggs, now you know what to look for to make sure you are going after the right eggs.

Looking back, big Thank You to Ripan for posting the egg description on page 4

During a holiday drop, those will be the only eggs dropping for 24 hours, so the description doesn't actually matter.

This event is ridiculous and punderful and I have not stopped snickering at it since it started. Room Full of Vampires, my favourite character! The names. Do you KNOW how long it took me to notice "Joseph King" and how annoyed I was at myself for not immediately seeing that one? VERY ANNOYED.😆

Ok, so I'm good at murder mysteries and not quite so good at text adventures-- solved the murder right away but I have no idea if there's anything I can do with any of the subplots, can anyone help here? Any help would be much appreciated. 🙂

Spoiler

The only subplot the Tea Lady clued me in to that I was able to do anything with was the Thundersnow's missing book. Do any of the others have any resolution and I just failed to find it?
1) Is there any way to get the Silver dragon to go talk to his crush?
2) I found the Gemshard's horn ring, took it from the Murkling but there's no option to give it back to her?
3) Tea Lady suggests the Flamingo would like to join the Arcana's D&D game, which he had been talking about with me. I found the D&D materials in the game room but didn't get an option to show them to him, I brought them back to the Arcana and the Blancblack with no results as well, is this a dead end?
4) What were the Gemshard and Silver quarreling about, I think I exhausted all their talk options and they never said, did I miss one?

8 minutes ago, Su_Halcon said:

Lol the hatchies made me laugh XD My lil 2-headed Pony! XD

You know Nokk, the waterhorse, in Frozen 2? In the original folklore, he could be identified in his horse form by his tail which had a curl in it like a dog's tail.

He also could shape-shifting to human form and played the violin. And made a nuisance of himself by stopping the waterwheels that turned the grindstones in flour mills.

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise
This has been your lesson in faerie lore for the day.

I had to reset the event a few times to get all the dialogue (why does that Fire Gem talk so much? It's eating into the timer and I have a pygmy to question too).  I do wish the option to investigate a room was listed before the option to name your suspect. After all you're going to be visiting lots of rooms but only naming a suspect once at the very end.

^ Yeah the repeating dialogue with Copper drove me a little crazy admittedly. Would have been nicer if we got the choice of rooms by default, and had to deliberately approach him to name a suspect. Overall it was pretty enjoyable, just wish we could do more with the rest of the dragons to resolve their stories. But either way it was worth it for the Ace Attorney-style breakdown of the culprit in the end lmao.

Edit: I won the mini game 😹 it was fun

Edited by Ambzduh
I realized what the deal was lol

4 hours ago, tjekan said:

Ok, so I'm good at murder mysteries and not quite so good at text adventures-- solved the murder right away but I have no idea if there's anything I can do with any of the subplots, can anyone help here? Any help would be much appreciated. 🙂

Hide contents

The only subplot the Tea Lady clued me in to that I was able to do anything with was the Thundersnow's missing book. Do any of the others have any resolution and I just failed to find it?
1) Is there any way to get the Silver dragon to go talk to his crush?
2) I found the Gemshard's horn ring, took it from the Murkling but there's no option to give it back to her?
3) Tea Lady suggests the Flamingo would like to join the Arcana's D&D game, which he had been talking about with me. I found the D&D materials in the game room but didn't get an option to show them to him, I brought them back to the Arcana and the Blancblack with no results as well, is this a dead end?
4) What were the Gemshard and Silver quarreling about, I think I exhausted all their talk options and they never said, did I miss one?

Best answers I can give you!

***  I DON'T KNOW HOW TO HIDE CONTENT ON A MOBILE PHONE ***

1) Not that I found.

2) You can give it back to the wary Murkling to earn his trust, and then he'll tell you the dirt on several dragons. 

3) Well, as one player is now dead, I suppose it IS a "dead end"!  Nyuk nyuk.  Honestly, I think all the D&D stuff is just there to help you rule out the "Death Cult" rumors, and the papers and dice corroborate the story. 

4) The Silver is a noble and elitist; the Gemshard is (in his opinion) tacky new money who should never have been invited to the same party as the likes of him and the Pitfire.  It seems he argued with Joe King about his taste in guests, as well.

Edited by Kelkelen

Thank you, TJ, for allowing us to get the badge even before we'd solved the mystery and finished! :)

I stupidly clicked a spoiler in this thread before playing the game so I knew the outcome before I started. I still went room by room to talk to everyone and see if I would have been able to figure it out. The puns were punny and fun. Thank you to whoever put this year's event together!

Have the eggs stopped dropping already? Wasn't it usually three days for Halloween?

Just now, blah said:

Have the eggs stopped dropping already? Wasn't it usually three days for Halloween?

Halloween just drops for one day, but there will be plenty of eggs in the AP once it hits the 31st. It's on the 27th now.

Just now, Jazeki said:

Halloween just drops for one day, but there will be plenty of eggs in the AP once it hits the 31st. It's on the 27th now.

Okay, thank you. 😄

This activity was great. I spent two days solving the mystery.

But I seem to have missed the new activity dragon?

I can't find an activity dragon in the world. Will they show up again this year?

Edited by slstF
Browser error

22 minutes ago, slstF said:

I can't find an activity dragon in the world. Will they show up again this year?

They were only available in the cave all day on Halloween.

You may find some in the AP later in the week. People often catch and abandon them on Halloween so they will be available later to those who missed them -- or to those who want more than their scroll would hold at once. ;) Watch the AP to see when eggs bred on the 31st start appearing and that is when you may find some abandoned new release dragons. Otherwise you will have to wait until next year.

13 hours ago, sam_dan said:

Thanks for the sign "New event eggs are are available in the other areas of the cave. Only past eggs can be found here." This is my first event and during the release I was in the halloween biome waiting for the new egg to drop lol. 

I figure most of us here are older players so stuff like that gets left out, but if you are confused or forgot something about the cave, check the dragon cave wikia, they are up to date with information and rules and whatnot, so you will find everything you need in there probably. Also, a lot of players drop CB new release eggs in the AP so people who missed the event might have a chance to catch some, so be on the lookout for them in there. Good luck!

29 minutes ago, flower0999 said:

I figure most of us here are older players so stuff like that gets left out, but if you are confused or forgot something about the cave, check the dragon cave wikia, they are up to date with information and rules and whatnot, so you will find everything you need in there probably. Also, a lot of players drop CB new release eggs in the AP so people who missed the event might have a chance to catch some, so be on the lookout for them in there. Good luck!

Honestly, having a reminder is nice for people like me who constantly second-guess their memory and enjoy having something I can look at to confirm I'm remembering correctly. Despite being here since 2009, I did have a moment where I questioned whether it was the regular biomes or the Halloween biome the new release would drop from.

Also, for people who made Undead dragons or need to fill out their encyclopedia for the different sprites, there's a google spreadsheet here (by FoxintheBox4 and Keileon) where you can view other people's dragons and add in your own under their designated tabs.

Edited by Myoukin

1小时前,紫雾 说:

They were only available in the cave all day on Halloween.

You may find some in the AP later in the week. People often catch and abandon them on Halloween so they will be available later to those who missed them -- or to those who want more than their scroll would hold at once. ;) Watch the AP to see when eggs bred on the 31st start appearing and that is when you may find some abandoned new release dragons. Otherwise you will have to wait until next year.

thank reply

Edited by slstF

Good job to all involved in this year's event. All the puns were a hoot, especially the names! 

I really appreciate the references to What We Do In the Shadows in the basement! Those vamps with their "creepy paper" and "colorful dust that sparkles" really cracked me up.