TJ09

2021-08-22 - August Dragon Release

3 hours ago, Sunrunner said:

For future reference, it's usually the 4th weekend of a month, rather than the last - some months have 5 weekends.  But August was a little wonky, with the 1st being on a Sunday, so I wasn't sure about a release this weekend either.  At least most of my eggs will hatch later tonight & I can grab a few more new eggos then.

Another thing to note: it's also been 4 weeks since the last new release.

see, i've thought it was the 4th weekend of the month. 

and then earlier today on one of the disords (can't remember which, i'm on both) someone was insisting on every 4 weeks - it was week 4 in june, 4 weeks later at the end of july, 4 weeks later is now.  so they're figuring the september release will be in another 4 weeks from today (sept 19th), not the 4th week of september.

we shall see.

in other news - i have 2 of the eggs from the Desert and 2 from the Alpine.  i've influenced each biome pair as m/f.  maybe when it gets to hatching time, i'll just incubate a male of one pair and a female of the other pair.

the Volcano ones are intriguing.

8 hours ago, GhostMouse said:

**** I thought for sure the release would be next Sunday, especially with Hurricane/Tropical Storm Henri hitting the New England coast. It's veered away from my area but I think RI is still expected to get hit hard. I'm hoping this will be a release of ultra common easy to get dragons, for those who are dealing with hurricane damage and power outages. Part of my town (not my part) had to evacuate to shelters last night. I know TJ has adjusted things for other disaster situations before, so I'm really surprised this didn't get pushed back a week.

I just had a few eggs I was waiting to hatch before I tried my first Earthquake for a Cantor, so fortunately I only have two eggs to hatch and "only" had to toss the Cantor. :dry:

Oh well, I'm just relieved all my hurricane prep was for nothing.

Me too. I'm on Long Island and until like 9 am today (Sunday) it looked like we were going to get hit really badly.  Ugh. I was too busy dealing with storm prep, worrying about being hit by a hurricane and/or losing our power to remember there might be a drop this weekend. (Luckily Henri went East, and we missed a lot of the wind and rain)  We were out of power for 14 days during Super Storm Sandy (and I missed that Halloween drop that year) and I take nothing for granted. 

Edited by RagaDal

I wasn't sure if I was seeing new descriptions or not. Guess I missed the best time to snag the new eggs. Oh well

Edit: never mind! I just snagged a bunch and am happily egg locked! XD

Edited by DragonNeko

These eggs seem quite interesting and involves ridges...I can sense some possible lineages involving the Ridgewings? But I got both eggs and they have not been out for long, that is amazing. 

Seems like even though older breeds have mixed in there are still plenty of the new ones in the 5-minute shuffles, I was able to grab a 2nd Volcano at a shuffle literally the first one I clicked. I did notice that towards the end of the hour all the new-release biomes were completely empty, not even any older breeds, that was a little surprising. 

I decided to incubate one of each new breed. For the Alpine/Volcano, I’m pretty sure the difference is due either to the Biome or the way you raise the egg (so maybe Incubate). 

Found out about the Drop less that an hour ago and at the :45 min drop, caught five new Eggs and at the :55 min drop, caught three more to Egg Lock...  All eight are now Gendered and Influenced...  the time of this post is 12:27PST  

After I have a Hatchie, I will attempt to get another of the Desert Eggs...

======================================================================

Edit:   Just noticed that the first four of TJ's Hatchlings on page 1..  Of the two silver-winged ones, one is a male and one is a female while the two dark-winged ones are both males???  

Question:  On purpose or a glitch???  Thank you...  

Edited by Husky51
additional info...

40 minutes ago, Husky51 said:

Generally, if there's dimorphism TJ will have one of each gender. If there isn't- it's random what gender the hatchlings are.

Occasionally however in breeds with dimorphism there is a "glitch" with TJ's dragons and they all end up the same gender [this is usually fixed within a few hours of them growing up/being close to growing up]

55 minutes ago, Husky51 said:

Edit:   Just noticed that the first four of TJ's Hatchlings on page 1..  Of the two silver-winged ones, one is a male and one is a female while the two dark-winged ones are both males???  

Happens all the time, it means nothing. He adjusts genders and such after adults, when he goes back to freeze things. Pretty sure there's been a couple times they've all rolled one gender, actually-didn't something around the birthday have that situation? I seem to recall someone else having the first girl of something or other cause one of his were all male, I remember excitedly waiting for a users to grow to see the dimorphism lol.

edit: figured it out, it was actually that TJ had all girl sawtooth.

Edited by Tini

Kept per biome 1 pair and 1 extra from volcano, planning to collect 4 more mottled eggs,same number as the displayed NRs,before they mature(If my Reds'  BSA CD OK.)It's hard to check BSA CD time one by one when I have about 40 of them)

Plan changed,maybe 4 Striped and 6 Mottled.(Completed)

Well,the Alpine pair are both white,waiting the Desert Pair to be both black to prove the biome related Sprit differ.

Edited by NEX-Trishula
Changed Decision

Okay, my current set:

3 Alpine eggs

- 1 Precog'd and incubated

- 1 Precog'd then Influenced and Incubated

- 1 Precog'd only

5 Volcano eggs

- 2 influenced and Incubated 

- 2 influenced only

- 1 untouched

None of them "moved" after these actions were performed so I'm leaning towards:

Biome-based color for Alpine/Desert eggs [the white are alpine as they seek out the warmth of snuggles, the black Desert because they hide from the heat]

Adult variants for Volcano

Welp, managed to snag another two from the Volcano, so following some of the other ideas here I've only influenced them and left them unincubated, just in case there's BSA trickery afoot. Excited to see what's up with these!

Some name guesses by yours truly:

Spoiler

ZpKM.gif.d6d1168172e52a02288f06722617e4a8.gif6PPG.gif.7383fdac22a47b3ccc4cee9ba5c7f099.gif

We know these sort between Shallow Water and Silver.

• Sheep Dragon
  • Shelter Dragon
  • Shield Dragon

Grasping at straws. The last one is a big stretch. Actually they're all big stretches. :unsure:

Spoiler

3t04.png.0441a63a8137e78fdea17cc9288a9131.png

We know this sorts between Pyralspite and Pyrovar.

• Pyre Dragon
  • Pyre Wyvern

Fairly sure about this one. Leaning towards Pyre Wyvern for the assonance, py-wy! :)

We'll see how wrong I am when the hatchlings grow up. :P

Guess it goes without saying but please no "insider knowledge" or spoilers about the names thank you kindly

Much love to Infinis, Dohaerys and TJ for making this release possible. :wub:

Edited by 0x08

17 hours ago, RagaDal said:

Me too. I'm on Long Island and until like 9 am today (Sunday) it looked like we were going to get hit really badly.  Ugh. I was too busy dealing with storm prep, worrying about being hit by a hurricane and/or losing our power to remember there might be a drop this weekend. (Luckily Henri went East, and we missed a lot of the wind and rain)  We were out of power for 14 days during Super Storm Sandy (and I missed that Halloween drop that year) and I take nothing for granted. 

So glad it missed you! I definitely thought Long Island was going to get hit hard. I'm just across the Sound on the CT coast. I wasn't living here during Sandy, but we lost power briefly during Isaias last year. Other people in my area were without power for days (I think for some it was even weeks), so I was really worried about being prepared for this one.

8 hours ago, ShorahNagi said:

None of them "moved" after these actions were performed so I'm leaning towards:

Biome-based color for Alpine/Desert eggs [the white are alpine as they seek out the warmth of snuggles, the black Desert because they hide from the heat]

I have to ask because I don't know / can't remember... so that wouldn't affect sorting at egg stage, even if you sort by breed? Do biome-based variants like baikalas, magnesiums etc. sort all together until they hatch or grow up? (At least pargulus sort by variant even as eggs, don't they? Or maybe I remember this wrong.)

Edited by Varislapsi

42 minutes ago, lexi_ said:

maybe shepherd ? 

Maybe...! We'll see!

1 hour ago, Varislapsi said:

I have to ask because I don't know / can't remember... so that wouldn't affect sorting at egg stage, even if you sort by breed? Do biome-based variants like baikalas, magnesiums etc. sort all together until they hatch or grow up? (At least pargulus sort by variant even as eggs, don't they? Or maybe I remember this wrong.)

Well, I recall with the Magnesiums that the Tan sorted above the gray. So I think there IS a small element of sorting based on biome/variant

Sorting by breed on the Alpine eggs has them in the same order as when I have them at the top of the scroll

I think the volcano eggs might have their alts chosen at random. Striped biome based, maybe they'd produce the other variant through breeding or be like Coppers

Mine all have huge holes. I was lucky enough to be here at the start of the drop.

Quick report re: toothpaste eggs. Its not by biome. Thus far all eq'ed hatchies have been the skittish variety (the dark one). Some incubated some not, both biomes. It might be like siyats (and thus achievable through incubate), or some other time metric we don't know about. Or just very unlucky rng but the description makes me think we're on the right track.

Edited by Tini

13 minutes ago, Tini said:

Quick report re: toothpaste eggs. Its not by biome. Thus far all eq'ed hatchies have been the skittish variety (the dark one). Some incubated some not, both biomes. It might be like siyats (and thus achievable through incubate), or some other time metric we don't know about. Or just very unlucky rng but the description makes me think we're on the right track.

Wonder if eggs allowed to hatch naturally are the cuddly type [nurtured and all that so not afraid of humans] and those forced [be it via the kill action or earthquake] are the skittish type [so afraid of humans and other things]

If that's the case, I don't expect to see a lot of the darker ones after the initial rush due to the risk of killing (sort of like how green Cantormaris seem to be the rare color)