TJ09

2021-08-22 - August Dragon Release

The 7 eggs for the volcano one really confuse me...not sure how that would work but what if there are 3 variants with dimorphism and only one hatchling?

2 minutes ago, MissK. said:

The 7 eggs for the volcano one really confuse me...not sure how that would work but what if there are 3 variants with dimorphism and only one hatchling?

Oh goody. Snowangels.   As long as everyone can get each variety it's fine.

Finally got a pair of each!

It would be interesting if the Volcano egg had a third gender, anyone has precog available?

22 minutes ago, Diggie said:

Did some quick research--pyrolusite matches the egg colors. It also changes color when it reacts with water, so perhaps a bred alt with water breeds?

Oooooo  Interesting. 

Thank you for the release! I was too tired to stay awake until midnight yesterday, but I am glad they are easy to catch this morning. The babies look cute, by the way. 

Maybe the desert ones relate to the day of the week they are caught or a BSA that is done to them.

@Modiano - All of mine precogged as either male or female. 

Edited by Jazeki

Actually it seems the Alpine dragon has a color variant (light/dark hatchie, random?). The Volcano hatchlings look identical, will they change when they grow wings?

The descriptions of the different colors are different as well. Maybe it's time of day collected? Hmmm

Edited by Diggie

It could also be Biome based. I’m glad I picked one from Alpine and one from Desert just in case.

Edited by Elizabeth Moonstone

50 minutes ago, Diggie said:

I agree. Perhaps something formed by heat? I suspect the other one is Silica or Silicone (the colors and also where it sorts, but I'm not positive on this one) so it would make sense if they were both mineral related.

Did some quick research--pyrolusite matches the egg colors. It also changes color when it reacts with water, so perhaps a bred alt with water breeds?

Pyroxene could also match the egg, but that would sort after pyrovar so it can't be

Very interesting!  Kind of like how the Lumina loses their scales when bred with certain breeds.

Though an ungendered would also be nice.

44 minutes ago, MissK. said:

I’m confused too! I still lean towards two variants with dimorphism, one of them with only one hatchie sprite. There have been past release with dimorphism only in adults.

I just thought about if the alpine and desert breed colors are determined based on incubate. If you incubate them, they get extra love and are cuddly. If you don't, they're not as friendly.  I've already incubated all of mine, so I can't test. 

4 hours ago, oxoniensis said:

Unless it’s a third gender option, which would be nice to have.

This would be cool, and explains 7 eggs: one "generic" s1, three s2s and three adults.

OMG, the seven volcano eggs are the head-fake!!! The alpine/desert eggs have different colored hatchlings with different descriptions!!

6 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

I just thought about if the alpine and desert breed colors are determined based on incubate. If you incubate them, they get extra love and are cuddly. If you don't, they're not as friendly.  I've already incubated all of mine, so I can't test. 

interesting theory! i just grabbed two from alpine and two from desert, so i'll incubate one of each and see what happens.

was convinced that the release wouldn't be this weekend, though, so not only was i late to the party, but i've also got other eggs that i was hoping to keep.  ack!

2 minutes ago, Fawkesian said:

interesting theory! i just grabbed two from alpine and two from desert, so i'll incubate one of each and see what happens

Thanks! I feel like I vaguely remember seeing a concept where that was the case, but I'm not sure. 

And don't worry! I just caught mine too.

Just now, random_dragon_collector said:

Isn't it more likely that the alpine/desert have different colors for m/f?

possible, but TJ's hatchlings also have different descriptions for each color!

1 minute ago, random_dragon_collector said:

I'd agree at s2, but they just hatched and haven't gendered yet... interesting idea!

Edited by Diggie

3 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Pyrites for the pyro name ?

Maybe they're Pyrex and you can cook with them. 😂

Just now, random_dragon_collector said:

That's a possibility (like how theres the gray and tan Magnesiums)

Anyhow, I've opted to incubate my third Alpine egg and leave the other two alone (just in case this is like the Xols)

As for the Volcano egg - what if there's just a variety of adults? Like how Terrae eggs have three different patterns but grow into the same adult - these have the same egg/hatchlings but grow into different adults [ex. One has more spikes on it than another].

Yay new eggs! Perhaps "Pyrophilic Wyvern"  or something similar for the hatchie that jumps into the fire?

I'm currently working on my zombie folder, so guess I'll have to wait until the 24th to actually look for them :') They both looks adorable already and I can't wait to see the adult!

Ahh I expected this next weekend! Booted a few things and now just waiting on a couple close things to hatch so I can try to snag some Coastals Deserts (thanks Fyrebird!) -- I have two of the Volcano and Alpines so far. Happy hunting, all!

Edited by Feathers