TJ09

2021-08-22 - August Dragon Release

I had thought the release might have been last weekend. Here I am again and very happy it's here!

I will try to grab a fourth Volcano egg. I don’t know if I need that many but better safe than sorry since we don’t know how the two(?) variants are determined. Here is the list of possibilities I could think of:

- It’s random and only visible upon hatching (like Nebula, Alcedine)

- It requires a specific BSA (like Canto, Xol)

- It depends on the time the egg was created (like Sunbeam/Moonglow, Gemshard)

- It depends on the time the egg hatches (like Sunrise/Sunset, Siyat)

- It’s bred only,  with a small chance of getting an alt whatever the lineage (like Black, Dark Green, Undine)

- It’s bred only, but you need to breed this species in a specific way to get an alt (like the Floret or Striped color variants)

- It requires the egg to be raised in a certain way, for example high/low views (like the yellow Sapphire, Neglected)

- It requires a specific action that is not a BSA (like abandon for Pink Sapphires, kill for Zombies or exalted Pitfires)

Did I miss anything?

Edited by Elizabeth Moonstone

Had my suspicions about an upcoming new release, so I'm glad I saved some space.

Got two of each so far. The striped ones seemed a little harder to grab, but didn't take too long to get, fortunately. As soon as I hatch a few ERs, I'll try for more.

I expected t NEXT w/e. Luckily I was away and so have space !

6 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I expected t NEXT w/e. Luckily I was away and so have space !

Yeah, me too! Need three more from Volcano.

Got some er eggs from a freebie im gonna hatch real quick and then ill be on the hunt for these B)

1 hour ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

I will try to grab a fourth Volcano egg. I don’t know if I need that many but better safe than sorry since we don’t know how the two(?) variants are determined. Here is the list of possibilities I could think of:

- It’s random and only visible upon hatching (like Nebula, Alcedine)

- It requires a specific BSA (like Canto, Xol)

- It depends on the time the egg was created (like Sunbeam/Moonglow, Gemshard)

- It depends on the time the egg hatches (like Sunrise/Sunset, Siyat)

- It’s bred only,  with a small chance of getting an alt whatever the lineage (like Black, Dark Green, Undine)

- It’s bred only, but you need to breed this species in a specific way to get an alt (like the Floret or Striped color variants)

- It requires the egg to be raised in a certain way, for example high/low views (like the yellow Sapphire, Neglected)

- It requires a specific action that is not a BSA (like abandon for Pink Sapphires, kill for Zombies or exalted Pitfires)

Did I miss anything?

Very comprehensive! Unless it’s a third gender option, which would be nice to have.

Aww wow wasent expecting any eggs this week, what a great surprise.

Best start egg hunting :)

Wasn’t expecting the release until next week, but had a few eggs I could part with to free up space for these new ones. Thank you TJ and sprinters!

Have two of the Volcano eggs, need to unlock before I can hunt any others. I very curious about the seven eggs in TJ's post. Can't wait to see the hatchlings and adults.

Thank you, TJ and spriters!

*leaves brownies to sustain the hunters*

Oof, now I'm glad two of yesterday's breeding pairs didn't work. Gave me space enough for one of each of these beauties!

Thanks!!

4 hours ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

It’s bred only,  with a small chance of getting an alt whatever the lineage (like Black, Dark Green, Undine)

This is honestly what I'm hoping for [barring the 7th egg being an error]

That aside, got me 3 Alpine/Desert and 2 Volcano. Debating if I want to go for 4 and 4 like I do, OR have 5 Volcano eggs [4 incubated/influenced and 1 untouched]

Edited by ShorahNagi

Sorting wise the new ones from the Volcano go after Pyralspite while the one with the stripe goes after the Shallow Waters.

WB

Lovely new eggs. :wub: Looking forward to the hatchies and adults!  

The hatchies are so cute ahhh!! Congratulations Infi and Doha :wub:

We have some hatchies… a cuddly one and one that likes to jump into flames. Maybe it has a red alt which is fire-related (you have to breed it with a Fire aligned dragon to get the variant or something). Personally, I would prefer to have some mechanism to get the variant rather than it being random (as long as the mechanism is not kill/earthquake based).

Actually, since the new Volcano breed sorts between Pyralspites and Pyrovar, I’m almost certain that their name start with Pyro. Which is interesting as the color of the eggs doesn’t really make me think of fire or heat.

Edited by Elizabeth Moonstone

31 minutes ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

Actually, since the new Volcano breed sorts between Pyralspites and Pyrovar, I’m almost certain that their name start with Pyro. Which is interesting as the color of the eggs doesn’t really make me think of fire or heat.

I agree. Perhaps something formed by heat? I suspect the other one is Silica or Silicone (the colors and also where it sorts, but I'm not positive on this one) so it would make sense if they were both mineral related.

Did some quick research--pyrolusite matches the egg colors. It also changes color when it reacts with water, so perhaps a bred alt with water breeds?

Pyroxene could also match the egg, but that would sort after pyrovar so it can't be

Edited by Diggie