TJ09

2021-08-22 - August Dragon Release

Just realized that the Shumogas are (fallen) angel-like, I think I might have a new beloved :wub::wub::wub:

Lovely dragon release as always!  Especially like the Shumoga Dragons, and the lovely variant colours on the pyropellis!  Thank you spriters.

Edited by Quinney

2 minutes ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

There are both light and dark blue flames variants! Interesting. Any guesses on which dragons produce which variant?

My guess is falconiform for the light blue! Or maybe fire gems?

The Purple one is my favorite ! 

As Elizabeth Moonstone said, maybe Omen Wyrms ?

19 minutes ago, Falorni said:

The description specifically mentions FORCING the hatchling out, I don't think even newer players associate incubating with forcing, merely making the egg able to hatch sooner on its own

And I think you're seeing the world 'force' through the lens of what you already know: That it takes Earthquake to get a skittish.

'Force' can be much more widely interpreted than that.  I do think of Incubate as forcing an egg myself.

A lot of players don't read forum threads or the wikis. 

Just now, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

And I think you're seeing the world 'force' through the lens of what you already know: That it takes Earthquake to get a skittish.

'Force' can be much more widely interpreted than that.  I do think of Incubate as forcing an egg myself.

I played a big chunk on my own, with no Discord or Forums - I'm fully aware a big chunk of the playerbase doesn't read either.  :P  That being said, even back then I did not consider incubating "forcing" in any way, and I'm a non native speaker which couldve muddied things lol

The last variant is flameless... I wasn't expecting that! Can a Pyrospellis be "extinguished" by breeding with a water-aligned dragon?

maybe specific BSA for Pyropellis? or maybe breeding with dragons will counts like contact! 

2 minutes ago, Falorni said:

Egg 

O MY GOD HE BALD

I love him I will live for him

It's like a cockatiel without a lid - I love himb. I was ready for it to go red but I like this surprise even more I think :P

I LOVE the different colors of the Pyropellis Wyverns!! I went to see if they had grown up already and only the orange and light blue colored dragons were there and I was so confused as to why there were still so many hatchies hahaha oops, I've never been on the forum as they were growing up!

Possible mates?

Veiled by brilliant flames, an Astaarus Dragon is a marvel to behold. 
Falconiform Wyverns are normally shy creatures. However, when approached, they often feel threatened, and the flames along their bodies leap higher.
Fire Gem: Their broad tails store the flames they breathe, which are colored by the heavy amount of ...

Hellfire: This hatchling seems to be filled with a fell, inner flame.

Pyrovar: Despite their affinity with water they have powerful flame breath and fire magic. 

Pyralspite dragons are small, swift dragons that can breathe an intensely hot flame.

Reds: They shoot flames, can fly, etc. ..

Spitfires are also noteworthy for their brilliant blue fire, which is used...

Edited by Varasse

The last pyro growing up bare was the biggest anticlimax lmao, did not see that coming. Still, the flaming rainbow has watered my crops and cleared my skin, can't wait to get all the pretty colours.

9 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

The term forcing is not from wikis or forum threads, and it's also not up for interpretation. When you use Earthquake/kill and an egg hatches, the hatchling has a message saying it was "forced out of its egg prematurely", which does not happen with incubate. Additionally, in the on-site help section about Earthquake, it states "The earthquake action has a chance of forcing your eggs to hatch earlier than they normally would", making it even more clear what 'forcing' refers to. 

All of these adult sprites are downright gorgeous. Love every single one this batch!

I hope the new wyverns stay the way you set them and don't lose colour after cooldown, similar to some of the holiday dragons like aegis and glystere

The bald one is my favourite though 😛

16 minutes ago, Falorni said:

Egg 

O MY GOD HE BALD

He's perfect ! 🤣

Both sprites are beautiful! Can't wait to breed them! Ty spriters!!

33 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Hmmm--what if that's the caveborn, and you only get flames from breeding!

In my opinion,the yellow flame may be the "Base form"(2 of this form displayed by TJ),Bald ones may breed with some water element dragons?

Hooray! My stubborn little Shumoga eggs have finally hatched via Earthquake force [which is good, I only had 3 attempts left].

So now I have a pair of Shumoga, a single Pale Shumoga (and another on the way, just caught an egg this morning to give me a Pale pair).

Now to just get another Pyro egg - I only have 5 and want one of each.

That aside, these dragons are cool. Love that we got another feathery wing with the Shumoga and another Firey breed. I was really hoping for a Red or Yellow flame on the last one...but the Bald was an even better surprise [hoping that one is gotten by breeding with a watery breed...because my brain wants to create a "Male Pattern Baldness" lineage with them and a really smooth water breed like the Waterhorse now]

OMG! Could we ever have anything more gorgeous than this Shumoga and Pyroellis breeds?

"young hatchlings are often first set aflame by their parents." - Like what??? Not the little hatchies!!! 😶 Can someone please tell me how to obtain these different colors!

Shumoga really surprised me. The dark colored ones are so beautiful! Makes me have second thoughts about EQ-ing future eggs to get some on my scroll.

7 minutes ago, Miraku said:

young hatchlings are often first set aflame by their parents." - Like what??? Not the little hatchies!!! 😶 Can someone please tell me how to obtain these different colors!

Don't worry, they seem very heat resistant so I'm guessing it's more akin to having a heat pad on themselves as opposed to being completely engulfed by fire.

As for how to obtain them - we won't know for certain until people get adults and start breeding them. Current theories are that breeding with another fiery dragon will change the color of the adult [with a water element breed creating the bald variant] - so think like how we get scale-less Luminas OR that the adults will all be the Orange one, and the rest are 2nd gen. Only based on the parent [so for example: Male Pyropellis × Female Hellfire = 2g Pyropellis adult will have blue flames]