TJ09

2021-08-22 - August Dragon Release

2 hours ago, Feral71 said:

Is anyone else seeing this on TJ's hatchies?

Young dragons are relatively defenseless. They are born with relatively soft scales, which are shed and replaced with harder ones as the hatchling matures. Once a hatchling’s wings grow in, it marks the beginning of maturation. At this point they are often capable of hunting on their own and are usually left alone by their mother.

This hatchling seems sick. It hasn’t been eating lately and it doesn’t move very much.

Well,I'm not sure about that how many people didn't see these words,but I'm sure that you must didn't Learn about dragon sickness

1 hour ago, Varasse said:

While I am very thankful for the thoughts, effort and love everybody has put into these new draggies I am extremely sad to see yet another set of stuff that needs to be earthquaked. 

Same here. I never earthquake anything, so I have only one green cantorX)

I've only ever managed 1 green Cantor by myself, the few others I have are from trades. Thank goodness this one won't be *quite* so frustrating, being able to target one specific egg with the Kill action instead of risking all your eggs with EQ is just such a relief. 

I'm still really really curious/confused about the Volcano breed. It's just so strange to me that TJ has so many, yet the eggs *and* both-stage hatchies are all identical... Yet another 'first' for DC, the first regular release of adult-only alts (unless something totally different is going on that we just have no clue about yet).  I can't wait to see the adults and find out how they are different!

If the skittish variant is indeed attainable through kill-forcing as well, that is at least a little better since it doesn't endanger everything else on one's scroll. The kill limit is still problematic but that's a different discussion. 

Can't wait to find out what's up with the volcanos though, maybe in a few hours their adult descriptions will give us a hint. 

20 minutes ago, DarkellaLord said:

Same here. I never earthquake anything, so I have only one green cantorX)

So do I,and I would never try it until I get platinum trophy(900+/1000).

For same reason I made no ND/Zombie.

But I tried kill and Vampires' bite.

2 pairs of my Pitfires Reborn after I know that they would always reborn from the first "kill"(or just dodge until the next day.It takes my 1 week to reborn the fourth(lol)).

And I use bite but don't keep extra Vampire except the first "pair".I don't breed Vampires, just take bite as the only way to abandon new eggs grabbed by mistake in the first 5 hours, hoping them not to be killed or kept,just to be abandoned by my other dragons.

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

If you mean the sick message, TJ's new releases almost always get sick because they get *so* many views (look at their views compared to most regular-user dragons!), but he does his magic so they aren't in danger of dying. 

Yep,special magic,different form the permanent ward for the CB Prizes.

Edited by NEX-Trishula

Maybe the kill action has a chance of producing either a skittish or a snuggly

2 hours ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

Just to get this right:

"Kill" on an egg has the same chances as "earthquake" just without the risk of killing everything else?

When do I use this?

Does the egg need to be under 4 days?

---

Result: Two dead eggs - amazing! (NOT!)

Earthquake is using the kill action essentially, just scroll wide instead of individually.  So chances should be the same.*

*because this a specific new mechanic it may have have different chances of giving this variant.  We dont actually know for sure yet.

I always thought earthquake had a small chance of affecting each egg on the scroll, and on the eggs it does affect, it has a higher chance of successfully forcing the hatchling than if you were to use the kill action. I guess it comes down to if you have other eggs you don't want to risk.

I have no numbers but I'm sure the scientists do.

image.png.a0243f9833b04ae20c487d83a96e1abd.png

Just popping by to give further data that you can indeed just smash/kill the egg for skittish babs!

I am wondering if the Volcano dragons don't have an alt and TJ just goofed and accidentally doubled the wrong egg. Mostly because it's weird that the skittish/snuggly ones are NOT doubled.

1 hour ago, FortyTwo said:

I always thought earthquake had a small chance of affecting each egg on the scroll, and on the eggs it does affect, it has a higher chance of successfully forcing the hatchling than if you were to use the kill action. I guess it comes down to if you have other eggs you don't want to risk.

I have no numbers but I'm sure the scientists do.

This. I was surprised to see ppl equal Kill with EQ. From my personal experience Kill has a very low chance of hatching, even if the egg is low time and has a big hole.

Edited by natli

Ngl I like the introduction of EQ alts. I had never used EQ until green cantor happened. Now there's two eggs for me to play with if I decide I wanna be a madlad. What I'll probably do is fill my egg roster, get them close to hatch date, incuhatch the ones I want safe then EQ

Looks like I'm stuck finding reasonable trades for these. I will never use EQ at all. It's just too high risk with very little reward. Same with force killing eggs. I already voiced my thoughts on another thread about it not taking up kill slots if this going to be a "normal" thing going forward. 

WB

First adult!  Shumogas are absolutely STUNNING, cannot wait to see the darker alt all grown~

Edit// 2nd adult!  Also loving Pyropellis, eagerly awaiting the other adultsssss

Edited by Falorni

AHHHH the first adult :wub: Shumogas are beautiful!!!

For the Shumogas, none of the four legs and feet are very well-defined, and the dragon looks like it's squinting.

The Pyropellis are much better--nice work on wings and head, though the tail could be clearer and fuller.  I like this one, though!

Edited by random_dragon_collector

Oh wow, both adults so far are gorgeous! Are we expecting bred-only alts with different flame colors from Pyropellis?

Just now, Niyaka said:

Oh wow, both adults so far are gorgeous! Are we expecting bred-only alts with different flame colors from Pyropellis?

Sounds like that to me, that would be pretty cool!  I like the Pyropellis--interesting art on these, well done.

AHH both beautiful! Now to await the growth of these other mysterious Pyropellis XD 

Oh my, they are fantastic! Wonderful work, spriters, thank you! 😻

Wow the adults are stunning so far! I wonder what this means about the pyros, bred-only alts or maybe even a mechanism like the shed Luminas if bred with fire-breathing dragons? Or both I suppose.

Edit: and if it is the adult itself that changes when bred, would that be permanent? I don't think TJ had a separate pair of shed Luminas when they were released, did he? 

Edited by MissK.

The white Shumonga is simply gorgeous!

Also I'm very intrigued by the Pyropellis: "It is not uncommon to find a Pyropellis sporting flames unique to other species of dragons, having made contact with those flames."

It could be a bred-only alt but then I would expect the flame of the hatchling to also be colored, as they got it from their parents. Or, is the adult Pyropellis sprites that change when they mate with another dragon sporting differently colored flames?

Edited by Elizabeth Moonstone

17 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

For the Shumogas, none of the four legs and feet are very well-defined, and the dragon looks like it's squinting.

The Pyropellis are much better--nice work on wings and head, though the tail could be clearer and fuller.  I like this one, though!

Special award for actual constructive criticism. Have a great day!