TJ09

2021-08-22 - August Dragon Release

1 hour ago, natli said:

This. I was surprised to see ppl equal Kill with EQ. From my personal experience Kill has a very low chance of hatching, even if the egg is low time and has a big hole.

Kill is riskier for any given egg, but it only effects one egg. The tradeoff in survival rates is worth not having to empty my scroll, personally.

WOW! They are look nicely in adult stage! 

I will catch they again. :D

Pale Shumoga Dragons are rarely seen in the wild, as their coloring only fades to a soft orange if the hatchling remains in their egg for a long period of time. 

Unlike their wild kin, they do not force eggs to hatch but rather allow their hatchlings to choose when to emerge.

That's confusing. Because the first adult is a 'snuggly' and my 'snuggly' hatchings were Incubated.

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

5 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

That's confusing. Because the first adult is a 'snuggly' and  you get 'snuggly' hatchings from Incubate. 

I don't think incubate technically forces an egg to hatch, it allows it to hatch sooner by speeding up the process (timer ticks down a day) but doesn't actively do anything if the egg isn't 'ready' to hatch in terms of views/time. While Earthquake/kill make it hatch then and there, even if it's not at the final cracking stage and/or under 4 days left.

Edited by MissK.
Clarification

5 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

That's confusing. Because the first adult is a 'snuggly' and my 'snuggly' hatchings were Incubated.

Incubated isnt forceing it out early. J7zt making it warmer.

ohhhhh, i love the adults so much !!! the sprites are so well defined and the colors so beautiful !!! so excited to have them in my scroll.... 🤩

4 minutes ago, MissK. said:

I don't think incubate technically forces an egg to hatch, it allows it to hatch sooner by speeding up the process (timer ticks down a day) but doesn't actively do anything if the egg isn't 'ready' to hatch in terms of views/time. While Earthquake/kill make it hatch then and there, even if it's not at the final cracking stage and/or under 4 days left.

You're thinking as a long experienced player. Think like a newbie reading that. Siayats need to left in the egg until the last two days to get a purple, and the pink Cantor has to be left to hatch on its own. The description implies the same mechanics should work here and you get skittish by Incubating and snuggly by letting the egg mature.

8 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Incubating really is a form of snuggling, keeping the growing egg safe and warm. I have incubated almost every dragon I own, even my green, blue and white Cantors. <3

3 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

You're thinking as a long experienced player. Think like a newbie reading that. Siayats need to left in the egg until the last two days to get a purple, and the pink Cantor has to be left to hatch on its own. The description implies the same mechanics should work here and you get skittish by Incubating and snuggly by letting the egg mature.

I see what you mean, but the phrasing does specifically include the word 'force', and the alternative is mentioned as 'allow the hatchlings to choose when to emerge'. Incubate doesn't do anything different than what the timer already does; it 'allows' the hatchling to emerge from 4 days and on, whenever it decides it has enough views. Not the same as forcing it to come out on the spot. 

On a different note, about the pyros, I only just now realised there's no adult dimorphism so we get 6 variants!

Edited by MissK.

14 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

The description specifically mentions FORCING the hatchling out, I don't think even newer players associate incubating with forcing, merely making the egg able to hatch sooner on its own

If we really need earthquake to get one of them then I guess I'm never getting bthat variant lol. But the sprites are looking very pretty! The poses are nice

Edited by Glaciarie

On 8/23/2021 at 7:47 PM, 0x08 said:

Some name guesses by yours truly:

Results are in.

Spoiler

Shumoga was outside of all realms of possibility for me. Beautiful name.

But then! Pyropellis Wyvern! PY-WY IS REAL! :D

Once again, congrats and thank you to Infinis, Dohaerys and TJ on this release. I'll enjoy collecting these new friends. :)

Edited by 0x08

For the Pyrospellis, I think the variant is caused by breeding them to dragons with different flames colors. A quick stroll through the wiki allowed me to find dragons with blue, red, green, orange and maybe purple flames (Omen wyrms?). If you consider the default variant to have yellow flames, then that could account for 6 variants. However, I wonder if the change wears out after x days or if it stays as long as you don't breed your Pyrospellis with a dragon of a different type? TJ doesn't have an adult for temporary sprite changes (like the active Aeon or shed Lumina) so I hope these are permanent sprites we can collect.

Edit: we have the blue flames variant!

Edited by Elizabeth Moonstone

These are gorgeous :wub: I thought the fire wyverns would have different coloured flames, can't wait to see what they are! The blue is beautiful.

Edit: The blacks are GORGEOUS! I love how the white versions are actually the alts, and how vicious the base species is  - nice piece of lore. And the two colourations have different descriptions, I love it.

I'm going to have fun trying to get the black variants :) Thank you everyone for these beauties!

Edited by High Lord November

BRUH, blue flames!! Am absolutely digging these flamey bois, let's go for the full rainbow please.

Aand skittish variant has grown!  Prefer the snuggly one personally (which is a relief bc less egg scrambling for me LOL) but both are gorgeous!  Also loving the Pyro variants so far, thank you for the release Infinis and Dohaerys!

Ok, I'm going to have to go and Earthquake because the Shumoga are just too gorgeous! I prefer the skittish variant, which is both dark and colorful. Thanks to the concept creators and spriters!

Blue flames are very neat !

But I don't understand what I read above about "6" variations for flames, I thought since there are two "Yellows", there will be two "Blues" and two others ? (so only 3 different colors ?)

If someone could explain that to me it would be very nice ! 😊

Edited by calona

1 minute ago, calona said:

Blue flames are very neat !

But I don't understand what I read above about "6" variations for flames, I thought since there are two "Yellows", there will be two "Blues" and two others ?

If someone could explain that to me it would be very nice ! 😊

TJ usually freezes at least one S2 - however he often does this after all the dragons have grown lol  People are assuming that since there is no dimorphism so far that the 2nd yellow will be the future freezie!

Is it bad luck or good luck that EQ had hatched every other egg on my scroll except the ones I wanted it to?

Seriously, the two Pale eggs refuse to hatch via EQ and want to remain unaffected!

That aside. Place your bets:

It is not uncommon to find a Pyropellis sporting flames unique to other species of dragons, having made contact with those flames.

Will the different colors be caused by:

A. Breeding with a dragon of a different flame changes the color [similar to getting a scale-less Lumina - so breeding with a Female Hellfire would give the adult Pyropellis blue flames]

OR

B. Only the bred eggs will have a different color depending on the other parent [so again Male Pyro x Female Hellfire = hatchling that grows into Blue adult] while the parents are the (what I assume is) Orange default 

OR

C. Some third mechanic my coffee deprived brain hasn't thought of

1 minute ago, Falorni said:

TJ usually freezes at least one S2 - however he often does this after all the dragons have grown lol  People are assuming that since there is no dimorphism so far that the 2nd yellow will be the future freezie!

Ooooh I couldn't have guessed it, thank you very much ! 😃

There are both light and dark blue flames variants! Interesting. Any guesses on which dragons produce which variant?