TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

oh man, I checked everyday last week, EXCEPT yesterday! Oh well, Congratulations everyone with DC's 15th birthday! What an amazing time it's been. Here's to another 15!

I like all the news! Looking forward to catching/breeding all the new dragons :D

happy dc birthday! i haven't been able to investigate much yet, but a friend gave me some of the new jungle florets they caught and i think i just made the easy breeding window for the nilla alts when i was able to get on earlier (though i missed that window for the hybrids and none of my coppers gave a copper egg, old or new). :3

it's feeling a bit overwhelming atm, maybe because of knowing the june release is only a month away - and i still don't have all of the new replacement sprites! so much for my plan to be ready for halloween before october 24th. XD

4 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Looking at some collected data, it seems gemshards are by day, with 16th/Sundays being the chaos day (spotted: red, blue, green and orange), 17th/Monday being green, 18th/tuesday being red, and 19th/wednesday being blue.

@trystan, have you seen this?

Not the birthday surprise I was hoping for...Ah well, here's to the challenge and to more years of DC!

6 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

Not the birthday surprise I was hoping for...Ah well, here's to the challenge and to more years of DC!

Exactly my thoughts...

Happy birthday, DC.

No success with Florets yet... @Shokomon
I don't have room on my mobile, so I can't add my results to the spreadsheet yet, but so far I've tried:

MGF x F Sunsong = no egg
MGF x F Sunsong = G Floret egg
FGF x MPF = G Floret egg, + ward = no change
FGF x MGF both fertilized = no interest?!
MPF x FPF both fertilized = PF egg, abandoned = no change

MPF x F Freckled = Freckled egg
MPF x F P Ridgewing = no egg, no interest, no egg
FGF x M T Ridgewing = G Floret egg
FPF x M Water = no egg
MGF x Magma = no egg

To sum up, these are single failures but IF they set the pattern, they rule out:

Fertility, Abandon, or Ward

× Sunsong

x Freckled (I thought the horns and ear tab looked similar to those on the new hatchies)

x Ridgewing

x Magma (maybe?)

x Water (maybe?)

PB Floret diff colors

PB Floret same colors

Edited by Kelkelen

1 hour ago, Atalante said:

I used Fertility on two of my Nilias, bred them together, the egg was auto-abandoned and it came out looking like a normal egg instead of the alt

Kinda sad about it, the point was to send some of the new lovelies to the AP for others to pick them up 😧  Has this happened to anyone else?

Yes, it was previously stated that this one would go away if the egg was traded or abandoned, just like influence and incubating do. Kind of strange that a color change can go away, but there you are. @Shokomon you might want to add this to the spreadsheet as a confirmed behavior.

6 hours ago, Shokomon said:

Also:

Go here for the Master post of all the known mechanics and other stuff about the dragons.

As well as my spreadsheet (The DC Birthday 2021 Variant/Alt/Hybrid Tracking & Mechanism List)! Please help figure out the other mechanics!

Please help out! Also you can find more info about the dragons in the linked post.

Also auto-abandonin offspring of all my coppers in to the cave, since none of them are paired with electrics. 

Enjoy, whoever gets them!

5 hours ago, Magellan said:

Ah, thank you. I was already looking for the link :D Soon I got 4 free slots, so I can start experimenting. There's already many things that have been confirmed, so I'll try my hands on the Florets :)

@natli I totally feel you. Didn't hit me as hard, but I agree they went from smooth shiny to rugged somehow 😕

Yay! Feel free to add then to them sheet! You can modify the test results page!

3 hours ago, rinoa26 said:

Didn't check the last pages, so I don't know if it was already posted somewhere.

Saw a new yellow Sapphiere adult in one of the hatcheries but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link it here as it's not mine. So here's a screenshot of the adult for those interested:

Hide contents

grafik.png.0ed2ea4ab7b3df15d1a6bc5190a46132.png

We HAVE ADULTS ALREADY??!

IT'S HARDLY BEEN A DAY.

2 hours ago, snowcat11 said:

Update on my yellow sapphire hatchling from yesterday, she's grown up!

https://dragcave.net/view/XpZHG

???!!!

Oh wait. These guys are the view-based ones. Probably older eggs that got turned.

Gonna add these to the mass quote.

1 hour ago, Fyrebird said:
3 hours ago, Atalante said:

Been a looong while since I've last commented on these forums, but I figured that since we're trying to figure out how things are supposed to work, I should throw what just happened to me in here.

I don't know if this is intended or if someone has pointed this out already (too many pages to check haha), but I was breeding some of the new eggs/variants to the AP and I used Fertility on two of my Nilias, bred them together, the egg was auto-abandoned and it came out looking like a normal egg instead of the alt:

image.png.f90da4dd4215c7ae4fd95df5520a9e02.png

Kinda sad about it, the point was to send some of the new lovelies to the AP for others to pick them up 😧  Has this happened to anyone else?

Yes, it was previously stated that this one would go away if the egg was traded or abandoned, just like influence and incubating do. Kind of strange that a color change can go away, but there you are. @Shokomon you might want to add this to the spreadsheet as a confirmed behavior.

Thank you! (Edit: Added!)

We know auto-abandoning turns them bak to blue, but it's nice to have it confirmed.

2 hours ago, Kelkelen said:

No success with Florets yet... @Shokomon
I don't have room on my mobile, so I can't add my results to the spreadsheet yet, but so far I've tried:

MGF x F Sunsong = no egg
MGF x F Sunsong = G Floret egg
FGF x MPF = G Floret egg, + ward = no change
FGF x MGF both fertilized = no interest?!
MPF x FPF both fertilized = PF egg, abandoned = no change

To sum up, these are single failures but IF they set the pattern, they rule out:

Fertility, Abandon, or Ward

× Sunsong

PB Floret diff colors

PB Floret same colors

Thank you! Do you nind if I put in mixed up codes (caps rearragnged) to prevent repeats?

Also, for later, The spreadsheet should be modifiable, so when you have time you can add things. The test results page is where to go!

(Edit: Added! Used Scroll name as code.)

Edited by Shokomon

Happy Birthday, DC! 💝Thanks for those many new Dragons!

don't know, if the purple one is already known, but i got one 😅

Spoiler

OrV2Y

hope this is right that way 🤨

Happy birthday, but I am very confused by some of these things. I do, however, love the purple egg. The color is quite pretty and the design on it is a fine touch. 

7 hours ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

Plum, Golden Delicious, Raspberry, Peach, Grape, Dates.

This shiny egg smells faintly like flowers.

2 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

This shiny egg smells faintly like flowers.

Yes, but we can't really name all the colors after flowers. After all, roses come in every one of these colors. Fruit is at least plants.

1 hour ago, Fyrebird said:

Ah, I see, thanks for letting me know! I agree it is strange though, makes me wonder what's the reasoning behind that decision and/or if we'll ever know. Glad that I was able to help confirm it at least!

1 hour ago, Shokomon said:

We HAVE ADULTS ALREADY??!

IT'S HARDLY BEEN A DAY.

2 hours ago, snowcat11 said:

Update on my yellow sapphire hatchling from yesterday, she's grown up!

https://dragcave.net/view/XpZHG

???!!!

Oh wait. These guys are the view-based ones. Probably older eggs that got turned.

Not good with quotes within quotes...

Can't be the eggs that got turned as at least the one @snowcat11 linked hatched at May 19th. So the Sapphires can also turn as hatchies?

23 minutes ago, rinoa26 said:

Not good with quotes within quotes...

Can't be the eggs that got turned as at least the one @snowcat11 linked hatched at May 19th. So the Sapphires can also turn as hatchies?

This would make it really hard to get any blue ones... 😕

At which point of views did it turn? @snowcat11?

26 minutes ago, rinoa26 said:

So the Sapphires can also turn as hatchies?

Yes, much to the chagrin of some breeders. Don't know if this behavior will continue after this initial period, but people who are doing lineages with sapphires are indeed worried about it.

The discord folks reported several turning as they reached 4000 views. Also 800 UV has been mentioned as a benchmark.

Edited by Fyrebird
Answering another question

Thank you for this information @Fyrebird.

I got a pretty bunch of SAltkin checkers with blue sapphire which I would love to continue.

But not with the need of exactly watching the hatchies to avoid them getting too many views...

I have a live, I can't sit there and watch pixel dragons all day long...

I love this game for the low amount of time it needs a day.

Can be offline for a week and nothing needs to be fed and so on.

But this mechanic is... too time consumpting for me.

Edited by Seriva Senkalora

10 hours ago, Tetelestai said:

Sorry for my negative comment earlier, all. I've just had a very bad chronic pain day, family issues, and then stumbling into all the mysteries of the cave tonight. I feel overwhelmed and like I'll never catch up to reach scroll goals. Honestly close to tears at this point. If any fellow Christian reads this, I could use an unspoken prayer request, please ❤️

You should not apologize for speaking your opinion. I agree with you that this getting to be too much, and there are probably many more afraid or unwilling to speak up who feel the same way. The game is turning into work, and that takes a lot of the fun out of playing. A handful of mysteries and surprises here and there, great--a little extra effort will be rewarded. Trying to breed the right dragons during a full moon under cloudy conditions at precisely 2:47AM on the third Tuesday of an odd-numbered month is just not worth it for me. There will be plenty of alt dragons I will never have on my scroll, and that's just the way it is. I understand that, I am disappointed, but I just cannot keep up.

Good luck to everyone who still has the time and energy to be bothered with all this.

@Shokomon 

Greetings! I noticed your call for data and would like to contribute. :)

I wasn't sure if you wanted us to directly input our results, and I have a few questions as well.

I bred a male CB Gold Floret with a female CB Gold Floret and managed to get a Gold Floret egg from them. I didn't use fertility (I don't have many Purple dragons, hehe). I would only know if this dragon is an alt when it hatches, correct? There's no change to the egg?

Also, would this breeding be appropriate to add to your handy spreadsheet? I'd love to help though I'm not entirely sure how, haha.

Thank you for your time and efforts! :D

My new florets are finally starting to crack. 

Edited by Jazeki

11 minutes ago, Sarcastra said:

Trying to breed the right dragons during a full moon under cloudy conditions at precisely 2:47AM on the third Tuesday of an odd-numbered month is just not worth it for me.

Don't give them ideas!! Especially when the "cloudy conditions" would be in-cave weather, not necessarily your local weather. The moon cycles for the lunar heralds are complex enough for me.

I thought it was a given that the florets will be visibly different as eggs...? Since TJ clearly had 3 more colours of eggs in his post aside from the one dropping in the jungle.

15 minutes ago, dancingalicorns said:

@Shokomon 

Greetings! I noticed your call for data and would like to contribute. :)

I wasn't sure if you wanted us to directly input our results, and I have a few questions as well.

I bred a male CB Gold Floret with a female CB Gold Floret and managed to get a Gold Floret egg from them. I didn't use fertility (I don't have many Purple dragons, hehe). I would only know if this dragon is an alt when it hatches, correct? There's no change to the egg?

Also, would this breeding be appropriate to add to your handy spreadsheet? I'd love to help though I'm not entirely sure how, haha.

Thank you for your time and efforts! :D

The new ones have different colored eggs, that one will hatch gold.