TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

19 minutes ago, Tetelestai said:

Sorry for my negative comment earlier, all. I've just had a very bad chronic pain day, family issues, and then stumbling into all the mysteries of the cave tonight. I feel overwhelmed and like I'll never catch up to reach scroll goals. Honestly close to tears at this point. If any fellow Christian reads this, I could use an unspoken prayer request, please ❤️

Yeah I think we're all a little stressed at the sheer number of varients that popped up. I know I was frantically trying to theorycraft and decide what to dedicate my slots to.

12 minutes ago, prllx said:

Maybe we should breed new florets(?) from peach eggs with gold and purple ones to get the other variants?

Like, peach x purple = lavender or grape egg / peach x gold = brown or grape egg or something...

Idk, just a speculation.😄

We definitely should try crossing them with the gold and purple florets. The grape color is definitely a floret, as it's the only new one with the right shape hatchies. The peach, blue/periwinkle (we need to agree on terminology), and brown are clearly something different that just has the same descriptions as the florets. (It's far from our first time down THAT rabbit hole. At least we have biomes now.)

5 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

The peach, blue/periwinkle (we need to agree on terminology)

For what it's worth, I've been mentally referring to the eggs as Purple, Gold (originals), Pink, Orange, Lilac, and Bronze. These aren't like, official terms or anything, but that's how I've thought of them.

8 minutes ago, Tini said:

Yeah I think we're all a little stressed at the sheer number of varients that popped up. I know I was frantically trying to theorycraft and decide what to dedicate my slots to.

That's me today totally. I like that the majority of them are hybrids (create/hunt) at leisure, but I'm not happy about how hard some of them will be. I get freaked out when so many dragons drop at once, because I have a CB 2F 2M 1F 1M and 1 ungendered freezing limit for all dragons.

44 minutes ago, Pixxelation said:

For what it's worth, I've been mentally referring to the eggs as Purple, Gold (originals), Pink, Orange, Lilac, and Bronze. These aren't like, official terms or anything, but that's how I've thought of them.

I'm totally down with lilac (shorter than periwinkle) and bronze*, but I must have been hungry this morning because I'm really enamored of peach and grape for the other two.

*Bronze is what I had originally mentally labeled this one, but then I thought maybe I was being too pretentious. Quite happy to call it bronze!

Edited to add: Of course, @Pixxelation had the advantage of knowing the hatchie colors. I was only naming egg color.

Edited by Fyrebird
One more thought

For the new page:

1. Here is my spreadsheet for all the mechanisms for these new alts / variants! The DC Birthday 2021 Variant/Alt/Hybrid Mechanism List. Please help out by adding your attempts to the doc! Especially for the Florets and Gemshards! 
  2. Master post of ALL successful breeding attempts plus funny comments, commentary on sprite changes, and notes from Pixxellation about the Magenta Florets.

Spoiler
    On 5/21/2021 at 12:16 AM, blockEdragon said:

The electric alt is blue you guys!

HERE

I got it by stunning it.

On 5/21/2021 at 12:19 AM, Fields_of_Heather said:

Okay.... break it down....

• The Sapphires have received two new alts; one from lonely eggs and the other from those that receive a lot of attention.

I get the feeling this one has to do with view counts. Perhaps there is a number that above or below gives you a certain color?

• The Coppers have a shiny new alt you can get from breeding in the right way.

Okay, maybe you have to breed the correct color combo to get the new one.

• A new hybrid is here. Its colors may be a blend of its parents.

Gonna skip this one.

• Electric Dragons have a new alt. Which BSA you use to obtain it may shock you.

My money is on the Stun BSA having something to do with this one.

• Three new colors of Gemshards have arrived, but they also have a new time-based mechanic—except for one day when chaos reigns supreme.

My guess is that the colors are tied to a day of the week and one day you can get any color.

• Two new alts for the Cantormaris Dragons come from two new BSAs.

Hmmm, do they mean brand new BSAs or just different ones from the others? If so, Influence, Earthquake or Ward would be my guess.

• Nilias also have a breed-only alt, from particularly fertile parents.

Probably have to use Fertility on Nilias before breeding them?

• And finally, the Florets. Make sure to grab the fully new variant from the jungle, but there's certainly more to be discovered.

I give up. Just gonna bang my head on the wall for a bit. My brain is overclocked.

On 5/21/2021 at 12:24 AM, wbmorgan said:

Yup, my Florets went from Purple to Orange after viewing them.

On 5/21/2021 at 12:25 AM, Kaini said:

Yay, Happy Birthday DC! It's also my mod anniversary :)

On 5/21/2021 at 12:26 AM, blockEdragon said:

Figured out the purple hybrid! Breed a royal blue to a royal crimson and you'll get the purple egg.

On 5/21/2021 at 12:29 AM, purplehaze said:

Do both parents have to be Nilia?

On 5/21/2021 at 12:27 AM, High Lord November said:

Warding a Cantormaris egg produces a site error, but warding other eggs seems to be fine.

On 5/21/2021 at 12:30 AM, blockEdragon said:

I just remembered a purple hybrid from DR and gave it a go. It's nothing specific to me, I've just been in the right place right time for this stuff.

Also, anyone notice that coppers and Royal crimsons got an update? The royal crimson update is really subtle but it's slightly larger and looks less blurry. The copper update is more ovbious.

On 5/21/2021 at 12:42 AM, High Lord November said:

Oh, I performed EQ on the egg and got a new shadow for my Cantormaris encyclopedia page! No guarantee it wasn't there when I tried to Ward it, but I don't think my wards were successful since I got site error. I guess we'll see when I pick up a new Canto egg and ward it - if I get another new shadow then the first was definitely EQ. So it looks like influence isn't one of the BSAs.

Or if someone else tries to ward and doesn't have a new shadow, that's also a confirmation. Let me know!

On 5/21/2021 at 12:43 AM, Jazeki said:

I keep trying to ward my canto and all I get is an error message...I'm on mobile chrome....

Nevermind lol. Got it to work.

On 5/21/2021 at 12:54 AM, Whirlaway said:

One Cantor changes position (moves below red) with Ward.

Hybrid is from the two Royals (Crimson and Blue).

Sapphire pink needs to be willfully abandoned.

On 5/21/2021 at 1:00 AM, missy_ said:

Yes. Oversaturated, all of them. They look like a sharpen Photoshop filter was applied; at least, that is the only way I know how to describe the effect.

I am not a fan of the new look. I loved the old Coppers; they looked like realistic copper, not like overly colorful, happy glow-in-the-dark, “My Little Pony meets Fort Knox” kind of copper.

I wish we had an option, a filter, to view the older version, but we don’t.

On 5/21/2021 at 1:02 AM, random_dragon_collector said:

Orange Floret bumped my counter, too.

On 5/21/2021 at 1:10 AM, High Lord November said:

I like the new copper sprites - I can actually tell the difference between regular and rainbow copper now! The improvement for the shading and texture on the wings, and the general sprite, is really nice too. The only thing I miss are some of the subtleties and the other shades of colours popping in, they seem a bit more monotone now. Overall nice edits :)

On 5/21/2021 at 1:22 AM, High Lord November said:

I used EQ with a Cantormaris egg, and got a new shadow on my encyclopedia page. I was unable to use ward as the site threw an error.

1478641558_ScreenShot2021-05-21at1_22_27AM.thumb.png.eff00d9dc3a1a77ef990dfb08ea1c53d.png

On 5/21/2021 at 1:37 AM, dooyoo said:

if the yellow sapphire variant requires a lot of attention, im gonna try to make one intentionally sick, or im gonna see if it requires a trade? not sure though.

edit: not sure if this has been said, but both nilia parents have to have a fertility bsa used on them.

edit 2: traded a sapphire egg, but it remained blue.

edit 3: sickness didnt work either :( 

On 5/21/2021 at 2:32 AM, HeatherMarie said:

Floret experiments: Tried gold floret with hydrophidius, got a hydrophidius egg. Tried purple floret with flamingo, got purple floret. Purple floret and Pyralspite gave no egg. 

..... And SUCCESS! Got the new deep-purple Floret by breeding purple Floret with Celestial!!

Hide contents

image.png.b220adc71cffd64cf884c59c0dd8dd1e.png

On 5/21/2021 at 3:32 AM, Magellan said:

I actually prefer getting hybrids and breeding mechanics added to existing breeds. We can take all the time we need to get all the variants and not just go be lucky to get them all in the cave.
    I'm really happy about all these new things that even give old breeds a second "chance" (me no word can do today. This is certainly not the right phrase, but I lack the brains today to describe it better)

I'm totally excited to try everything out! And I can schedule my eggslots^^

Edit: Theory regarding copper...

Hide contents

...as read in the encyklopedia "The metallic copper in a dragon’s scales is absorbed from a diet rich in minerals". So maybe we have to find the right mineral dragon mix? Or look for a copper alloy and the respective metal / element dragon, that could match.

and Florets

Hide contents

seem to play with color palette mixtures^^

On 5/21/2021 at 4:01 AM, Modiano said:

The one I auto-abandoned remained blue

On 5/21/2021 at 4:32 AM, Fyrena said:

RqdnL.gif

I think I found the new copper
    (I remembered an experiment from school were we cleaned rusty nails with electricity)

EDIT:
    Thunder x Liver of Sulfur copper

Hidden because it already got sick

On 5/21/2021 at 4:39 AM, caya said:

Nice, got a new Copper as well from Verdigris x Thunder.

Good call Fyrena!

And thanks Spiteful_Crow ^^

On 5/21/2021 at 4:44 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

I have. It didn't work - but on both did.

This is going to make hay with my massive pygmy lineage :( Maybe I will just leave the new one out.

On 5/21/2021 at 4:54 AM, Zimtie said:

I tried to collect everything already found out in this thread:

Hide contents

The Sapphires have received two new alts; one from lonely eggs and the other from those that receive a lot of attention.

Pink: Abandoning (on purpose). Yellow: Number of views?

The Coppers have a shiny new alt you can get from breeding in the right way.

Copper x Thunder/Electric/Astrapi/Bolt - theory: all Lightning Element Dragons - https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Lightning_Element_Dragons

A new hybrid is here. Its colors may be a blend of its parents.

Royal Blue x Royal Crimson

Electric Dragons have a new alt. Which BSA you use to obtain it may shock you.

Stun an Electric hatchie.

Three new colors of Gemshards have arrived, but they also have a new time-based mechanic—except for one day when chaos reigns supreme.

?

Two new alts for the Cantormaris Dragons come from two new BSAs.

Ward. Earthquake.

Nilias also have a breed-only alt, from particularly fertile parents.

Nilia pairs, parents  both need to be fertilized (using the BSA of the Purple dragon).

And finally, the Florets. Make sure to grab the fully new variant from the jungle, but there's certainly more to be discovered.

Peach Floret CB in the jungle

Purple Floret x Celestial/Moonstone -> deep purple Floret

On 5/21/2021 at 5:19 AM, Seriva Senkalora said:

My CB Coppers gave me no eggs and a refusal.

But of course THIS pair gave me the egg I wanted.

At least I know now, that it's working. ;) :)

On 5/21/2021 at 5:48 AM, Alesita said:

I got 2 new coopers from Electric.

One from green and one from brown cooper parent, so i guess for new coopers logic if this:

Any color Cooper x Any electrical element breed ( thunder, electric some say bolt too, but my exp gived only bolts, will be happy if someone share for bolts )

On 5/21/2021 at 6:24 AM, MissK. said:

Copper update! In case it hasn't been confirmed yet, Astrapi also gives the new version. I am very locked but couldn't resist experimenting a bit so there's a 2g in the ap.

Edit: I also tried galvanic wyvern and aeria gloris since they have lightning as secondary element, but didn't get any coppers, so not sure about that.

On 5/21/2021 at 7:13 AM, tjenni said:

On 5/21/2021 at 7:38 AM, Chaos Rider said:

I wonder if that idea got re-purposed for this birthday release

On 5/21/2021 at 7:48 AM, Skyrix said:

the halloween 2015 one is based on electrified copper and as it turns out, the s1 sprite matches the HW2015 s1 sprite which means its been repurposed as a special alt

On 5/21/2021 at 8:12 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

No: it's this one

image.png.6c58a22ab978f718a10bf33d1b1e4f19.png

On 5/21/2021 at 8:37 AM, Pixxelation said:

Hey folks, I wouldn't normally wanna make any statements this explicit, but given the bumpiness with the release, I'm just gonna say this outright to ease stress: the (dark) pink floret eggs shouldn't be obtainable quite yet. Existing pink eggs not owned by T.J. are unfortunately a glitch and will likely be fixed. Thanks for your patience while we sort things out.

Additionally, the tininess on some of the Floret S1s and the one Pink Sapphire S1 appears to be something weird happening on the forum end of things. Scale is correct on-site if you click the view links :)

On 5/21/2021 at 8:41 AM, DragonLady86 said:

Nilla: both parents fertilized 

Copper: breed with lightning aligned dragon 

Gemhard: time based, not enough info yet

Cantos: white is Ward, Green is earthquake 

Electric: stun the hatchling 

Sapphire: pink willfully abandoned, yellow a lot of views

Florets: orange is the jungle, breed combos still testing 

New hybrid: royal blue+crimson 

On 5/21/2021 at 9:10 AM, Fyrebird said:

I did the math (which is not as catchy as "you do the math")

2 new sapphire colors

+ 1 new copper color

+ 1 new hybrid (full-size)

+ 1 new electric color

+ 3 new gemshard colors

+ 2 new cantomaris colors

+ 1 new pygmy color

+ 4 new floret colors

------

15 new dragons for the 15th birthday

On 5/21/2021 at 9:51 AM, Murkydepths said:

The fact that new florets aren't creating shadows in the floret encylopedia, the different head crest + tail, and the muscley wings and opening mouth like it's asking for food....

Cuckoo florets...?

On 5/21/2021 at 12:02 PM, purplehaze said:

I saw the figure 800 UVs mentioned several places in this thread.

On 5/21/2021 at 1:22 PM, Velvetie said:

yes, here it is from discord

Hide contents

- The Sapphires have received two new alts; one from lonely eggs and the other from those that receive a lot of attention.

Pink -> using the abandon action. They remain blue if auto'd or teleported. Yellow -> Many Views. just getting it sick isn't enough to alt it. Apparently blue hatchlings (possibly others?) can turn yellow.

- The Coppers have a shiny new alt you can get from breeding in the right way.

Copper x Thunder, possibly electric type dragons (storm riders, etc)

- A new hybrid is here. Its colors may be a blend of its parents.

Royal Crimson x Royal Blue

- Electric Dragons have a new alt. Which BSA you use to obtain it may shock you.

Stun the hatchling

- Three new colors of Gemshards have arrived, but they also have a new time-based mechanic—except for one day when chaos reigns supreme.

Eggs generated before the birthday can still hatch new colours. Friday -> Orange & Red 

- Two new alts for the Cantormaris Dragons come from two new BSAs.

Ward -> white yellow blue hatchie. Earthquake? -> Green and idk colours are hard

- Nilias also have a breed-only alt, from particularly fertile parents.

Fertility on both parents, but they change back if abandoned?

- Florets. Make sure to grab the fully new variant from the jungle, but there's certainly more to be discovered.

Orange/Peach from the cave. Magenta/"Dark Purple" -> should not be obtainable by anyone other than TJ yet. Blue ? Brown ? Doesn't seem to be affected by BSAs

On 5/21/2021 at 1:22 PM, High Lord November said:

Florets are unknown.

Gemshards are suspected to be based on the day of the week, with exception of one day where it's random.

Sapphires - abandon and you get pink, get a lot of unique views (800?) and it turns yellow.

Cantormaris - the green is by using EQ, the white is by using Ward.

Copper alt is by breeding a copper with a primary lightening dragon, like Thunders, Astrapi, Electric, Bolt.

Electric alt is by hitting an Electric hatchling with Bolt BSA.

Pygmy is by having both pygmy parents affected by Fertility BSA. I think only one parent needs to be Nilia for it to work.

Hybrid is Royal Crimson x Royal Blue.

On 5/21/2021 at 1:38 PM, Fyrebird said:

As somebody who still sometimes has trouble telling silver from white, I can relate. (Although I have no trouble spotting the tinge of blue on the canopy versus pebble, which confuses my sister).

I agree. The only CBs I have of these (2), I got through trading.

It's the 15th birthday, so there are 15 new things. I counted because I remember they did 10 new dragons for the 10th birthday. Honestly, the fact that so many of them DON'T require catching them in the cave makes it easier to get this many new ones. I remember trying to get 10 new ones with the limited slots was a nightmare... you couldn't catch them all yourself right away, so you had to hope the ones you caught were the rare ones since they would be so much harder to catch once the initial drops ended.

Not necessarily true. I am just coming of a hiatus, so it may have changed (I've noticed a few things that have), but back in the day a CB egg could end up in the AP if nobody picked it up from the cave. It wasn't only abandoned eggs that went there, despite the name.

There's already a precedent for this. The pitfire dragons have a color alt that is ONLY achieved through killing. At least these you only have to risk them dying... you don't have to actually stab them with a knife, risking them running away.

I took a screenshot. Here are eggs and descriptions.

2547060_DC15birthday-eggs.png.a8fd563bfc0ad24ffdf4c42dbe6ff5c3.png2547060_DC15birthday-eggs.png.a8fd563bfc0ad24ffdf4c42dbe6ff5c3.png

On 5/21/2021 at 1:53 PM, angelicdragonpuppy said:

sigh.png.4127441e39e768cb422f6a446aceb864.pngsigh2.png.cf330f1eb1fa5d16f94a11e6aadc2c17.png

Ugh. Apparently the original Coppers got updated? The shading is different and the colors look less rich than they did before. 😕

So fun playing a game all about collecting art you like... just so that art can be changed on you! At any time! For any reason!

"Oh ADP, all you do is grumble! Why don't you just leave?"

It's hard to walk away from something you put hundreds of hours into over twelve years. Plus FOMO is a real thing. So I'll just sit in my cave, sulking, clinging to my mercifully unchanged Sunsongs and throwing darts at a cut out of the Avatar of Annoying Change.

On 5/21/2021 at 2:02 PM, Marrionetta said:

If there is I expect Shoko to be the one to produce it!

On 5/21/2021 at 2:18 PM, Spyridon said:

Okay got my 3 new gemshards.

Before I start doing anything, the influence and incubate BSAs don't do anything for these breeds right?

On 5/21/2021 at 3:09 PM, High Lord November said:

Correct. EQ only affects eggs. If the egg has a crack in it, and the egg has less than 6 hours on it, then there's the possibility of the egg hatching (and then either you catch the hatchling, or it runs away meaning you lose it), nothing happening, or the egg dying. If the egg has more than 6 hours days on it and/or no cracks, then the two options are "remain unaffected" or "egg dying".

On 5/21/2021 at 3:07 PM, Spyridon said:

You have to stay in Jungle and every so often, a gemshard or canto will break through the flood of the florets.

It only affects eggs. Though I'm surprised hatchlings don't attempt to fly away. Some birds flee when they sense one coming in our area.

On 5/21/2021 at 3:11 PM, oxoniensis said:

There are also Cantos, Sapphires etc dropping in Alpine, Coast, and Volcano now. Possibly other biomes too, that’s just where I’ve seen them.

On 5/21/2021 at 3:17 PM, HeatherMarie said:

Oh, the wiki say 6 *days*, not 6 hours. That makes a lot more sense. 

On 5/21/2021 at 3:21 PM, High Lord November said:

It doesn't need to hatch to turn green, it just needs to survive EQ as an egg to turn green. Make sure to not incubate the egg by accident after using EQ, because incubate will override EQ and turn the variant to red/black.

On 5/21/2021 at 3:43 PM, surelychoo said:

oh another thing I noticed—the magenta florets seem to be recoloured versions of the old sprite, while the orange, periwinkle, and brown florets are the same colourings but with new sprites. I'm assuming that one trio of pink-purple-brown will be biome-specific and the other trio will be bred-only. That established, I wonder why it's the orange eggs (pink colouring, new sprite) that are the new biome-specific and not the magentas (pink colouring, old sprite).

On 5/21/2021 at 3:58 PM, DragonLady86 said:

Just caught a sapphire in the desert so they are rarely dropping in other biomes.

Has anyone else noticed that that shadows look like the pink and yellow won't be just recolors but have different poses?

Screenshot_20210521-155301_Chrome.jpg

On 5/21/2021 at 4:23 PM, Naruhina_94 said:

I'm very glad to be here to celebrate Dc 15th birthday. Happy birthday DC ❤️

Such a long time, so many new mechanics, the game is kept fresh and enjoiable. I do like how it keeps evolving, even tho I would like more user-friendly pages to be added for us to keep track of everything. I think for example that in the Encyclopedia there should definetly be space for a specific ALT page where all possibile alternative sprites mechanics are added each time you discover one. 

It's getting a bit off hand. Here is a list of every breed that present some kind of alternate form, permanent or that just last few hours:

I think it would be appreciated if we distinguish from Variants (same breed, same sprite, different colors), Alternative (same breed, different sprite, different colors), Egglike (similar eggs, different adults)

Big spoilers ahead on how to get each alternative colored / sprited version in game.

Hide contents

Aegis (permanent but reversible sprite change after BSA)

Aeon (The use of Precognition causes an aesthetic change in the adult Aeon's sprite that lasts the duration of the cooldown period)

Alcedine (2 completely differnt sprites and color from the same egg)

Black / Dark Green / Undine (bred only possible ALT form. The egg is the same)

Cantormaris (same sprite, 6 different colors)

Celestial (The use of Corporealize causes an aesthetic change in the adult Aeon's sprite that lasts a week)

Copper (same sprite, 3 different colors obtainable CB + 1 new color that can only obtain through breeding. Be careful with the mother's biome when breeding)

Dark Lumina / Light Lumina (when bred to specific breeds they change color for 24 hours. Either breed can produce the other)

purple/red Dorsal (same sprite, 2 different colors)

Electric (ALT obtainbale with stunning an Hatchie)

Firegem (same breed, similar egg, 3 different sprites, 3 different colored adults)

Floret (same breed, similar egg, 6 different colored adults. i dont know if the new adults are also shaped differently as the hatchies and hatchilings are already giving me headache to figure out how many they are)

Gemshard ( same breed, same egg, same adults (presumably), 6 different colors)

Glystere wyrm (his BSA makes him slightly change every 24 hours)

Lunar Herald (same breed, slightly different eggs, same adults, 4 different colors, depends on moon phase)

Nebula (same egg, same hatchie, 2 different set of hatchlings, 2 different sprited set of adults)

Pitfire (alternative obtainable with killing and reviving)

Pyralspite (same breed, slightly different colored eggs, same adults, 3 different ending colors)

Ridgewing (same breed, slightly different colored eggs, same adults, 2 different ending colors

Siyat (same breed, same egg, same adult sprite, 3 different adult colors depending on the time left at hatching)

Snow Angel / Black Sweetling (tied to your scroll ALTS)

Solstice (Bred solstice have different wings)

Spinel Wyvern (same breed, same shape for adults and hatchie, different colors)

Spirit Ward / Nocturne / Stratos (sprite changes on his own during the day)

Striped (same egg, same adults, 5 colors but only 1 obtainable CB)

Sunrise/sunset (same egg, adult depends on the time of the day the egg hatches)

Xol (same egg, alt obtainable with incubate)

Moonglow/Sunbeam Drake (same egg, adult depends on the time of the day the egg is laid)

And i'm still leaving some out, like Xenowyrms, Zyumorph, prizes and Seasonal)

On 5/21/2021 at 4:44 PM, Shadowdrake said:

This release has been such chaos lol

On 5/21/2021 at 4:57 PM, Jazeki said:

Someone mentioned in Discord that today's update/release mechanic retroactively also applies to existing gemshards eggs.

On 5/21/2021 at 10:59 PM, Jazeki said:

Updoot: I asked in Discord if anyone has a low-stat yellow sapphire and was told that they have to have at least 4,000 views to turn yellow. 

!

On 5/22/2021 at 6:38 AM, rinoa26 said:

Didn't check the last pages, so I don't know if it was already posted somewhere.

Saw a new yellow Sapphiere adult in one of the hatcheries but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link it here as it's not mine. So here's a screenshot of the adult for those interested:

Hide contents

This release has been such chaos lol

We HAVE ADULTS ALREADY??!

IT'S HARDLY BEEN A DAY.

On 5/22/2021 at 7:20 AM, snowcat11 said:

Update on my yellow sapphire hatchling from yesterday, she's grown up!

https://dragcave.net/view/XpZHG

???!!!

Oh wait. These guys are the view-based ones. Probably older eggs / hatchlings that got turned.

On 5/22/2021 at 8:10 AM, Fyrebird said:
    On 5/22/2021 at 6:34 AM, Atalante said:

oh another thing I noticed—the magenta florets seem to be recoloured versions of the old sprite, while the orange, periwinkle, and brown florets are the same colourings but with new sprites. I'm assuming that one trio of pink-purple-brown will be biome-specific and the other trio will be bred-only. That established, I wonder why it's the orange eggs (pink colouring, new sprite) that are the new biome-specific and not the magentas (pink colouring, old sprite).

Yes, it was previously stated that this one would go away if the egg was traded or abandoned, just like influence and incubating do. Kind of strange that a color change can go away, but there you are. @Shokomon you might want to add this to the spreadsheet as a confirmed behavior.

On 5/22/2021 at 2:01 PM, Murkydepths said:

The current estimate for gemshards is:

Sunday: Chaos
    Monday: Green
    Tuesday: Red
    Wednesday: Blue
    Thursday: Purple

Friday: Cerulean/Orange

Saturday: Cerulean/Orange

Based on the day it was bred or caught. We've found multiple dragons that confirm this theory, and so far none that disprove it. 

On 5/22/2021 at 9:31 PM, Tini said:

It's been a few pages so I figured I'd go ahead and give a breakdown anyway. Purple text for things that may not be intended/speculation.

Hide contents

Yellow Sapphire: Somewhere around 4 thousand overall views. Unique views have been as low as 300. Hatchies can turn.

Pink Sapph: Abandon action, not auto-abandon. Have not been able to turn yellow on purpose, possibly cannot turn yellow.

Copper: Copper x electric primary element dragons

Hybrid: Royal Blue x Royal Crimson

Electric: Stun the hatchie

Gemshards: Day of the week created, market included. Sunday chaos, Monday green, Tuesday red, Wednesday blue, and Thursday purple. Fri and Sat will be orange and cyan, unknown order just yet.

Green Cantor: Earthquake used last (Just has to survive, not be hatched by the earthquake)

White Cantor: Ward used last.

Nilia: Fertility used on both parents, does not have to be two nilia. Abandoning in anyway resets the color.

Florets: The Peach new pose was from jungle, and no other variants have been created in an intended way. Assumed cross-breed with original floret.

I mostly just hope the sapph hatchies changing and nilia eggs reverting is a bug, but there's no word of god in either direction about it so its hard to know for sure

So excited to see the new floret and hybrid adults, I dont have the slightest clue what they'll look like.

On 5/22/2021 at 9:45 PM, missy_ said:

Can anyone help me with the following: (I have read the thread and wiki but am still confused about what we know and don’t know — and yes, I know about the spreadsheet ...)

Questions about Sapphires:

1. Is the only way to get a CB Pink Sapphire to pick up one from the AP?

So far yes, though trading tests are leaning towards being able to trade for them. 

2. If the answer to #1 is “yes,” then if we receive one in a trade, or teleport it, does it turn blue?

It seems like they won't, but it's not confirmed.

3. Will there be any more CB Blue Sapphire eggs in the AP?

(Apologies again, missy_. This is why you should sleep at appropriate times. I have edited the response for clarification.)

CB Eggs: I suppose not. It's fortunate the Market is there, so you can at least buy them!

Bred Eggs: Auto-abandoned ones stay blue!

4. To get a CB Yellow Sapphire, can we make one from either a CB Blue Sapphire or a CB Pink Sapphire by getting it to more than 4,000 OVs (Overall views)?

Confirmed for Blue Sapphires, but not for Pink ones. From current tests, Pink ones don't change at the 4,000 OV limit.

Changing Pinks to Yellows has not been confirmed as well.

Questions about Electrics:

1. Can we get one of the new Electrics by stunning a CB Electric egg? ETA: I assume not, since Stun only works on hatchlings ... so we have to hatch the CB first, then stun it?

It should work on any hatchling, so yes?

2. If we stun a CB Electric egg to get a new CB Electric and then teleport/trade it, will it return to the original Electric? ETA: Never mind; forgot Stun only works on hatchlings.

It's all good.

3. If we stun an Electric hatchling to create the new type of Electric, then teleport/trade it, will the hatchling return to the original Electric sprite?

So far it looks like it will stay blue.

Question about Earthquake:

Does hiding eggs protect them from Earthquake? I am assuming it does not.

I actually don't know, but logically, it would still be affected. An egg on the ground, even hidden, will still feel the shocks of an Earthquake. 

Questions about Cantomaris:

1. Can we trade for/teleport a Green Cantomaris hatchling, or will trading/teleporting it cause the hatchling to turn orange?

Edit: @missy_ Im so sorry. I missed that you said Hatchling. Everything I said for the Cantomaris was in reference to eggs, not hatchlings. I will edit the rest of these for clairfication. This is why I shpuld respond to things at 3 am.

Hatchlings: Hatchling do not change color. So, you can trade them all ypu like!

Eggs: The Last BSA used will determine the Cantomaris' color when in the egg. So yes, the egg will, unfortunately, turn orange. That also means the reverse is true. Using Earthquake on a teleported Cantomaris egg, and having it survive turns it green.

2. Same question as #1, except for White Cantomaris hatchlings; I assume they will turn orange?

Hatchlings: White Hatchling also do not change color. It's true for all Cantomaris hatchlings!

Eggs: Only the Last BSA used on the egg matters. So, if you want a White Cantomaris, but need it teleported, check genders, etc., better do everything before you Ward it, as you can only Ward once.

3. Is it true that the only way to obtain a Green or White Cantomaris hatchling is to create them on our own scrolls, without being able to trade for them?

Hatchlings: Nope! You can get hatchlings by breeding or trading! Eggs on the other hand...

Eggs: For the most part, yeah, unfortunately. That's true for all Cantomaris eggs, except the Mundus, the Caveborn version. You can only catch those from the Cave.

Fortunately, you can still use Influence without changing the color...

For now...

4. I assume we can trade for a regular Cantomaris egg and then use the last action of Ward on it, to be White.

Eggs: Yup!

5. I assume there is no way to obtain a CB Green Cantomaris without creating it ourselves; is that right?

Hatchlings: You can trade for a CB hatchling, since they don't change!

Eggs: Not that I know of, but if you find another way, give the thread a heads up! I'm sure plenty of people don't want to risk their eggs with an Earthquake.

Though, reports in the thread say that the best chances of survival are when the egg is at its oldest. 

Thank you in advance if you can answer any of these questions.

Welcome! Even if they've been mostly answered already…

On 5/22/2021 at 9:56 PM, HeatherMarie said:

@Fyrebird  Okay that's strange, because I took a screenshot not long after the release started too, and this is mine:

290342534_DC15thbdaypost.jpg.bf445faa742bcfa549af5e485e04245e.jpg

I guess the eggs got sorted correctly not long after and I just didn't go back to the OP to see it? Huh. 

yoinking this to for posterity 

On 5/22/2021 at 10:14 PM, Fyrebird said:

@Shokomon Has anybody tested whether teleporting/abandoning alt nilia hatchlings also causes them to revert? Maybe, like the new cantos, we just need to let them hatch before we try to move them around?

Not that I know of. Want to try? If you have a Nila, we could trade each others?

On 5/22/2021 at 10:26 PM, Fyrebird said:

Well, drat. The pink sapphire that I watching to see if trading it made it revert... well, it's no longer part of a trade, and it's still pink. However, the message I got when I refreshed the trade link doesn't really specify whether the egg was actually traded. So this is still up in the air, unless the new owner is here in the forum.

unhelpful trade msg.png

I did save a direct link to the egg, and it is showing the user's scroll name, but I don't remember if that's the name that was on the trade.

If the direct link to the egg is a pink egg then, it stayed pink. Though I guess the issue is if the original owner cancelled the trade...

On 5/22/2021 at 10:38 PM, Shadowdrake said:

if pink sapphires turn yellow, then it must be a higher number. Personally I don't think they do, since TJ's probably would if they did. https://dragcave.net/view/CmUZg

Good to know. Yoink.

On 5/22/2021 at 10:40 PM, Whirlaway said:

Gemshards are all on the same Encyclopedia page, so they are not a new breed. The only new breeds are the other Florets (the fat ones), and the hybrid this release.

Yoink.

On 5/22/2021 at 10:43 PM, Dinala1641882 said:

No it did not change when I traded it. It stayed the blue stunned Electric color. My friend also said that it said it was already stunned when she went in to see if she could stun it again.

No, it doesn't change. My friend caught one (so jealous) and incubated it.

Yoink

On 5/23/2021 at 12:20 AM, Fyrebird said:

Alrighty then, looks like we have the schedule for gemshards. Color is based on the day the egg is grabbed/bred:

Sunday: chaos (random color day)

Monday: green

Tuesday: red

Wednesday: blue

Thursday: purple/amethyst

Friday: aqua/teal/cerulean

Saturday: orange

On 5/23/2021 at 4:48 AM, Wiz said:

I don't know if anyone has shown a Friday 'caught' Gem hatchie yet? To many pages to read through when I got up this morning!

https://dragcave.net/lineage/WP1O9

Nice! 

On 5/23/2021 at 4:51 AM, tjenni said:

You won´t be able to get the Green Nilia eggs through the AP, the autoabandoned ones turn blue again and the willfully abandoned ones, too, so don´t waste your Fertility if you want to abandon the Nilia as a egg, I hope the hatchlings stay green at least (https://dragcave.net/lineage/ZfB37 was green before I abandoned)

edit: but I don´t understand why they revert to normal Nilias, since the action to make them green, was used on their parents, that shouldn´t have any effect on the eggs resulting, I would understand this, if the BSA was used on the egg ...

Me neither.

Infi's said on discord that they for one do not intend to do an influence alt. A little too mean for lineages, and I don't think any other artist is itching to do it either.

Thank goodness!

On 5/23/2021 at 5:34 AM, Dinala1641882 said:

Found an orange/yellow Gemshard hatchie in a hatchery. It was laid on the 16th (Sunday) from Silver and Gemshard parents.

On 5/23/2021 at 5:38 AM, Dinala1641882 said:

image.png.a5af729f5780aa58e0c285dc2e10ea40.png

HOW'D YOU GET THESE???!!!

On 5/23/2021 at 7:13 AM, Falorni said:

I know everyone is itching to get green Cantors but

PLEASE DO NOT EQ EGGS UNTIL THEYRE AT LEAST 24H OLD AND AT LEAST SLIGHTLY CRACKED

Based on research and trial runs by the unofficial Discord this is pretty much the first point where your eggs actually have a reasonable chance to live and hatch through the earthquake - save yourself the scroll space and heartbreak!!

Yoink.

On 5/23/2021 at 7:40 AM, Lagie said:

Maybe if you hatch them and then trade/gift them?

@Shokomon

Hide contents

Screenshot_20210521-173737.thumb.png.0e4706eb35a075d8774e61153149df35.png

Thanks!

On 5/23/2021 at 9:45 AM, Falorni said:

Ward variant sorts below Iratus, EQ sorts below ward

Hide contents

SmartSelect_20210522-151411_Samsung_Inte

TY @Shadowdrake for the screencap

Yoinking this too. 

On 5/23/2021 at 1:01 PM, Mystic_Halo said:

I have a Sapphire with these stats.  What do I need to do to turn it yellow?  I don't know how to get more clicks.  

• Overall views:3,522
    • Unique views:832
    • Clicks:7
    On 5/23/2021 at 1:20 PM, Mystic_Halo said:

Thank you, I had it in 6, and was sick and wasn't turning. 

I used the Auto-refresher suggested by Whirlaway, and it turned yellow at just over 4,000 views!

On 5/23/2021 at 2:34 PM, pinkgothic said:

FYI, I can basically rule out that this is the criterion. I've got an egg with 861 unique views (but <4000 overall views), which has not turned yellow.

Now I got two people where 800 UV didn't work.

On 5/23/2021 at 3:56 PM, Kelkelen said:

In case it helps any latecomers just popping on here to figure out what to do with all these new mechanics!

Gemshard (Random)

Breed on Sunday

Gemshard (Green)

Breed on Monday?

Gemshard (Red)

Breed on Tuesday?

Gemshard (Blue)

Breed on Wednesday

Gemshard (Purple)

Breed on Thursday

Gemshard (Aqua)

Breed on Friday

Gemshard (Orange)

Breed on Saturday

Floret(ish) (Peach egg)

Catch: Jungle

Floret (Magenta egg)

?

Floret(ish) (Periwinkle egg)

?

Floret(ish) (Brown egg)

?

Sapphire (Yellow variant)

> 4000 user views

Sapphire (Pink variant)

Abandoned (NOT auto-abandoned)

Royal Purple (New hybrid)

Breed Royal Blue x Royal Crimson

Nilia (Green)

Use Fertility BSA on BOTH parents;

Only one parent needs to be a Nilia;

Abandon turns it back to blue;

Remains green when traded

Cantomaris (White)

Last BSA used was Ward

Cantomaris (Green)

Last BSA used was Earthquake

Electric (Blue)

Use Stun BSA on a hatchling

Copper (Shiny variant)

Breed Copper with a dragon whose primary element is Lightning (Astrapi, Bolt, Electric, Storm-Rider, Thunder)

Spoiler

image.png vs image.thumb.png.eb519d789b71fb1e82de98dc6353b1ea.png

Gemshards sprite update: New Vs Old. Thank you @lexi_.

Now for responses:

On 5/23/2021 at 9:34 PM, Odeen said:

FTR the gemshard has always canonically had a head shaped similarly to a ball python head (below), which was not reflected in the original sprites at all because I did not know how to sprite that shape. Gemshards have always been cuddly, gregarious, happy, and friendly goobers that were done a disservice by having sharp features.

mhZ09hu.png

On 5/23/2021 at 9:55 PM, Odeen said:

Yup! They're heat pits - not just useful for vipers and the like. Birdz did a piece of gemshard fanart years ago (I think it's somewhere on DA) that shows the pits pretty clearly, but I also did these little doodlemaboobers recently (intended for use as forum avatars, so have at them - although I don't yet have any of the new colors lol oops) that also shows them off.

besgIV6.pngnjv3wdW.png4kc96OX.png

On 5/23/2021 at 10:12 PM, Pixxelation said:

same vibes, and i mean this as the highest compliment:

EWELGh9U4AEbxek.jpg

Agreed!

On 5/23/2021 at 7:36 PM, Fyrebird said:

I used to save old sprites before the Encyclopedia came out, and never deleted them. I'm only going to do one color.

Older on the left, newer on the right.

Manes (beards?) and mustache tassels are bushier.

Tail forks are thicker.

Antlers are less pointy.

Eyes are larger?

gs comp m.png

gs comp f.png

On 5/23/2021 at 1:06 PM, Whirlaway said:

This one is for any eggs/hatchies at any age: http://dc-auto-refresher.herokuapp.com/

On 5/24/2021 at 2:37 AM, Dinala1641882 said:

image.png.4d9e03fe14b819d1dc3c6ac6d69d8168.png

image.png.6447c15437fd822d31a2d30b93127dcc.png

On 5/24/2021 at 2:43 AM, Dinala1641882 said:

image.png.d92e4e49c20ff94f4c0a6602c0e45084.png

I love the colors and look.

On 5/24/2021 at 2:45 AM, Seejey said:

Carrotshard. 😊

On 5/24/2021 at 2:46 AM, AwkwardAvian said:

I'm not sure if this has been confirmed either way yet, but I've been watching a pink sapphire hatchling. Well over 4000 views and it hasn't turned yet.

image.png.b68bcf24b04891bb86d7810a68a5ef28.png

On 5/24/2021 at 2:48 AM, Dinala1641882 said:

This is my favorite coloration of Cantormaris

image.png.b416680bd2d9785e7b7818238708575e.png

image.png.092331c230f065f6de85a40e3fc54be4.png

Edit: I just keep looking at this. I find it to be so peaceful and calming. It is beautiful. Thank you artists.

On 5/24/2021 at 6:53 AM, Pixxelation said:

Hey, friends! As you may have noticed, there are now two variants of Florets––the original Iris Florets, and the new Alstroemeria Florets. Both types come in three color schemes––can you figure out how to get them all?

On 5/24/2021 at 7:31 AM, schmupti said:

image.png.ed0db0673e44950ba778a38f96d1e0d5.png

FUUUUUUUUUUUUH indeed. SO MUCH PURPLE

On 5/24/2021 at 7:49 AM, tjenni said:

I just googled Alstroemeria (since it sounded like some plant name) and those are Peruvian lilies (Inkalilie in German) and they bloom in summer, they are in the Southern Hemisphere, Irises bloom now and are from the northern hemisphere 

On 5/24/2021 at 8:03 AM, Falorni said:

also i have 2 say it...

image.png.dbef45e5ed57984cc7c7fcaa725420b5.png image.png.933082565c3bae8ce1fe0eb1f71f2480.png image.png.bd1c1919216175faed8efe9b18400fad.png 

The new Floret color is a lesbian and I love her so much

On 5/24/2021 at 8:10 AM, Pixxelation said:

it wasn't intentional but it's something i absolutely WOULD intentionally do and once i noticed it i happily embraced it

florets said lesbian rights

On 5/24/2021 at 8:23 AM, Meh said:

EggSoQvjcGPL0
    Why do all of those look like the same variant?

brown, brown, and... brown?

Could they be recolored into somewhat distinct so we can tell them apart? they are very hard to distinguish even if side by side, and impossible when I'm looking at just one at a time. I didn't have major problems before the update though, one was brown and one was sort of two colored.
    The eggs are impossible to me, especially the two minimally ligther ones.

I was also confused about the electrics because the dragons themselves are also the same color, only when I compared them side by side I noticed the lightings are different.

Not very alty alts if it's so hard to near impossible to recognize which is which, just like S1 alt vines but those at least have different adult sprites. And I know I'm not colorblind, though may not see differences this minimal (because I assume there must be differences if those are all considered alternative versions, I just fail to see that).

On 5/24/2021 at 9:06 AM, Fyrebird said:

{snip}

Lastly, that pink sapphire adult! If the yellow one is wearing coveralls, this one is wearing a track suit. I ran track one year in school, and all I could think of was a sprinter's starting position. And that's so appropriate for the mechanic!!  I had to make it a little sign to go with the first:

15th racer sm.png

On 5/24/2021 at 9:11 AM, Lovecats said:

Just for the record, here's a before and after of the Red/Green/Blue Gemshard lineage tiles if anyone wants to see.

image.png

This goes well with Fyrebird's comparison:

On 5/23/2021 at 7:36 PM, Fyrebird said:

I used to save old sprites before the Encyclopedia came out, and never deleted them. I'm only going to do one color.

Older on the left, newer on the right.

Manes (beards?) and mustache tassels are bushier.

Tail forks are thicker.

Antlers are less pointy.

Eyes are larger?

gs comp m.png

gs comp f.png

On 5/24/2021 at 9:37 AM, Lovecats said:

I have a few more before and afters or comparison pics. These are for the Coppers.

Before & after Copper adult resprites, including the new electrified ones:

SPOILER_unknown.png

And the final Rainbow vs Electrified Copper comparison:

SPOILER_unknown.png

On 5/24/2021 at 10:27 AM, Velvetie said:

The Gemshards are based on jade, ruby, sapphire, amethyst, aqua and citrine gems :)

On 5/24/2021 at 10:32 AM, Velvetie said:

Citrine is a yellow variety of Quartz with shades ranging from yellow, honey, almost brown and might contain rainbow or sparkle inclusions.. its name is comes from the French word citron which means lemon as Google says

Untitled_design_-_2020-06-20T161859.325_1024x1024.thumb.jpg.a0cf28c74b9ac8d668e3604e5afd651f.jpg

On 5/24/2021 at 11:11 AM, Fiona said:

I'm sorry if some of you are having trouble telling the copper variants apart. They're quite distinctive on my monitor, but monitor quality and settings do have a big impact, as does our individual eyesight. I may decide to tweak the rainbow copper egg to have a touch more green in it. I'm having a little trouble with that one myself. I didn't look at the eggs in respriting the adults because I didn't see a reason they needed to change. Well, live and learn, right?

I will say that respriting an 8 year old concept to keep them the same color valuations as before while updating anatomy was quite a challenge for me. The palette used is the same as the originals but the proportions of each color used changed some just due to the difficulty of trying to place the same or similar colors in the same places but with the new shading.

As for the name of these, I call them Pennybrights. Because new copper pennies are shiny, bright copper. :)

On 5/24/2021 at 11:47 AM, Odeen said:

Updated gemmie avatars for all your gemmie avatar needs! Ruby/jade/sapphire are unchanged, I just like rainbows.

njv3wdW.pngpcL2RkA.pngbesgIV6.pngyuuwk8m.png4kc96OX.pngMBTnd04.png
    MLnquLB.gif

On 5/24/2021 at 12:41 PM, Pixxelation said:

For the Alstroemerias, I’ve been referring to them as Alstros for weeks so that gets my support absolutely. There are a lot of kinds of lily and alstroemerias aren’t the flower that jumps to mind when people say “lily,” so I think it’s a more accurate nickname.

I’ve also generally referred to the color schemes as Purple, Gold, and Pink before the release happened and I realized people were gonna only have the eggs at first, haha. No official names for the color schemes, but that’s how I’ve been casually referring to them.

On 5/24/2021 at 1:05 PM, hazeh said:

YAY ADULTS!!!!

I'm so glad the Royal Eminence are being received so well! I just wanted to plop down a note that they are named "Eminence" because that is a particular shade of purple, which is what we ended up using for them since it just fit the theme perfectly :)

On 5/24/2021 at 4:19 PM, Caspod said:

Okay, okay, are we ready for a comprehensive guide on this?  

Hide contents

Sapphires have two new alts, and the text describing eggs and such (despite color changes!) remains as it was for the original Sapphire.  To get the Alts, you must take action to get (but can be from CB eggs and are not BSA-linked):  

1. Yellow Sapphire Alt: take Sapphire egg and get it all the attention - post on multiple click sites, etc
       Sapphire_egg_yellow.gif  Egg
      "This egg looks like a beautiful blue stone"   

2. Pink Sapphire Alt: found only on the AP, so snatch fast - & if you want some, drop abandon some Sapphire eggs yourself to get them coming.
       Sapphire_egg_pink.gif Egg
      "This egg looks like a beautiful blue stone" 

Coppers have 1 new color variant that is available through breeding any Copper with Thunder Dragons, Electric Dragons, Bolt Dragons, or Astrapi Xenowyrms.. (note: the original three color variants were reshaded at the time of this release). It's less tarnished than the original three forms, and you can differentiate the egg from the original "Liver of Sulfur" color but it's very similar: 
     Copper_egg_4.gif   Egg Egg

"This egg gleams with a reddish shine."     

There's a new hybrid dragon species, Royal Eminence Dragon.  It's available by breeding Royal Blue & Royal Crimson Dragons. 
    Birthday_2021_hybrid_egg.png  Egg Egg
    "This magnificent purple egg shimmers in the light."

From TJ's original post: 

• The Sapphires have received two new alts; one from lonely eggs and the other from those that receive a lot of attention.
    • The Coppers have a shiny new alt you can get from breeding in the right way.
    • A new hybrid is here. Its colors may be a blend of its parents.
    • Electric Dragons have a new alt. Which BSA you use to obtain it may shock you.
    • Three new colors of Gemshards have arrived, but they also have a new time-based mechanic—except for one day when chaos reigns supreme.
    • Two new alts for the Cantormaris Dragons come from two new BSAs.
    • Nilias also have a breed-only alt, from particularly fertile parents.
    • And finally, the Florets. Make sure to grab the fully new variant from the jungle, but there's certainly more to be discovered.

Egg Egg Egg Egg
    Egg Egg Egg Egg
    Egg Egg Egg Egg
    Egg Egg Egg
    Egg Egg Egg Egg Egg Egg Egg Egg Egg
    Egg Egg Egg Egg
    Egg Egg Egg
    Egg Egg Egg Egg Egg Egg Egg Egg Egg Egg Egg Egg Egg Egg Egg

On 5/24/2021 at 4:24 PM, Nightmon said:

image.png.b96ca0ec417c470c99edace6b8849d31.pngimage.png.f11ccc5b5bad8eefef8483994575f54a.png
    I don't know why they show off like that, but they gave me the "Don't talk to me or my son ever again" meme vibes xD

On 5/24/2021 at 7:49 PM, Kelkelen said:

Updated!

In case it helps any latecomers just popping on here to figure out what to do with all these new mechanics!

Gemshard (Random)

Breed on Sunday

Gemshard (Green, "Jade")

Breed on Monday

Gemshard (Red, "Ruby")

Breed on Tuesday

Gemshard (Blue, "Sapphire")

Breed on Wednesday

Gemshard (Purple, "Amethyst")

Breed on Thursday

Gemshard (Aqua, "Aquamarine")

Breed on Friday

Gemshard (Orange, "Citrine")

Breed on Saturday

Pink Alstro (Peach egg)

Catch: Jungle

Pink Floret (Magenta egg)

?

Purple Alstro (Periwinkle egg)

?

Gold Alstro (Brown egg)

?

Sapphire (Yellow variant)

> 4000 user views

Sapphire (Pink variant)

Abandoned (NOT auto-abandoned)

Royal Eminence (New purple hybrid)

Breed Royal Blue x Royal Crimson

Nilia (Green)

Use Fertility BSA on BOTH parents;

Only one parent needs to be a Nilia;

Abandon turns it back to blue;

Remains green when traded

Cantomaris (White)

Last BSA used was Ward

Cantomaris (Green)

Last BSA used was Earthquake

Electric (Blue)

Use Stun BSA on a hatchling

Copper ("Shiny Penny" variant)

Breed Copper with a dragon whose primary element is Lightning (Astrapi, Bolt, Electric, Storm-Rider, Thunder)

On 5/24/2021 at 9:48 PM, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

You've gotten Cantors confused with the Sapphires.

Cantors = Breed Specific Actions of other dragon breeds used on Cantor eggs

Pink - no BSA

Blue - Aeon Wyvern's Precognition 

Red - Red's Incubate

Orange - Teleport with Magi

Pale Green - Warded by White Dragon

Dark Green - survives Green Dragon's Earthquake

The last BSA used is the color it'll be. You can Influence gender with Pink Dragons without changing the color.

On 5/24/2021 at 11:17 PM, Pixxelation said:

I'm glad people are having fun coming up with color labels, buuuuuut it's prob best to avoid color names that are also flower types to refer to Floret colors. "Rose Iris," for example, is gonna sound confusing. I've been using Purple and Gold for the original Iris color schemes for years, and def think either Pink or Peach is the clearest way to refer to the new color scheme.

On 5/24/2021 at 11:31 PM, Odeen said:

The 6 colors are ruby, jade, sapphire, citrine, amethyst, and aqua[marine] =3 and yeah if you want you can use the avatars to make a cycler.

On 5/25/2021 at 12:03 AM, Shokomon said:

I mean exactly that. I'm probably going to make hatchy one later, but I plan to reach out to my friend to help. 

Also my sapphire turned at 4,059. (I wonder if the limit is actually 4050? I don't know if I've seen a lower one yet.) SO, it's YEET TIME.

YEET! 

Be on the look out! It's at 4 days and 2 hours! 

Edit: It did NOT turn pink! Yellow eggs are safe to chuck into the AP.

Have we confirmed we can trade pinks without worrying they will change back to blue?

On 5/25/2021 at 12:13 AM, purplehaze said:

Well, I was gifted a pink hatchling by a very kind person and it remained pink. I don't know about eggs, but I would imagine they are safe, too.

On 5/25/2021 at 12:16 AM, rinoa26 said:

Just checked my action log and the one egg I traded away yesterday stayed pink (and is now a pink hatchie).

Also while digging through hatcheries to get the pink Sapphire hatchie sprite unlocked, I saw a few pink ones that had much more than the magical 4k OV's necessary for turning yellow. So guess it's save to say once Sapphires changed their colour they keep it, right? 

On 5/25/2021 at 12:38 AM, Fyrebird said:

@Shokomon I just thought of something else... we need to find people with those adult sapphires (I've seen several yellow but no pink) and find out is if these critters breed true, or if they lay blue eggs. I'm betting on blue.

On 5/25/2021 at 3:48 AM, Wiz said:
      Hide contents

Screenshot_20210525-082425_Chrome_kindlephoto-5912944.jpg

Screenshot_20210525-083453_Chrome_kindlephoto-5858981.jpg

The moment my Sapphires turned yellow. Under the spoiler because my tablet won't let me resize the images. 

On 5/25/2021 at 5:57 AM, Seriva Senkalora said:

I have two green Cantos.

EQ'ed them both at 4d6h and while one hatched prematurely, the second was "unaffected" and hatched normally.

So they just need to survive the EQ in any way. :)

Pictures below.

Hide contents

green2.PNG

green1.PNG

On 5/25/2021 at 9:40 AM, Naughtrish said:

I had a CB sapphire and the egg never turned yellow. It hatched blue. Today I wake up and it had gendered... yellow. I am still not sure about the mechanics of this one 🤣

On 5/25/2021 at 12:57 PM, Falorni said:

I had a CB sapphire and the egg never turned yellow. It hatched blue. Today I wake up and it had gendered... yellow. I am still not sure about the mechanics of this one 🤣

On 5/25/2021 at 2:43 PM, Falorni said:

It was bred to Purple Iris, I dunno if @KrazyKarp added it onto the sheet!

On 5/25/2021 at 4:15 PM, Gealach said:

Saturday is supposed to be the orange gemshard day. I bought mine on Saturday and it hatched accordingly: https://dragcave.net/lineage/VTvWt

On 5/25/2021 at 4:27 PM, Dinala1641882 said:

So bred a Sapphire egg and I fogged it right away so that it has no views of any kind. I'm going to keep it that way till its low time and see if it turns.

On 5/24/2021 at 10:34 PM, High Lord November said:
    On 5/24/2021 at 6:38 PM, daba555 said:

This might be stupid, but what if everyone that wanted pink Sapphire eggs bought a few eggs from the market and abandoned them, as some people have done?  Of course, this involves people being nice enough not to grab all they see, and also people to see the message, and want to try it.

I'm going to try a few myself, and I encourage anyone else to do the same.  Edit:  I could only get 2, I am at my limit, but will abandon as soon as I can - or maybe tomorrow as I might be asleep by then.

I doubt this is helpful now but did you see where someone said it's better to wait at least 24 hours, and till it has a crack for better chance of living?  Maybe you did do that, I don't know.

I wasn't able to even get a Canto, so at least you got to try,

Exactly - pink sapphire availability is 100% dependent on how many people take the time to breed and abandon their sapphires. If everyone put out a little bit of effort, we'd have a ton of pink sapphires in the AP! I've bred about half of mine so far. I don't want to see people complaining about how hard they are to get when they haven't taken the time to breed their own sapphires (and encourage others to breed)!

On 5/25/2021 at 11:20 PM, Shokomon said:

Ehheheeeheheheh.

Gemshards are punny.

Red Gemshards are Rubies.

You get Ruby Gemshards on Tuesday.

Ruby Tuesday.

EehehhahshehehehheeehehE.

Tumb.png

On 5/26/2021 at 12:09 AM, purplehaze said:

Well, someone had to do it, so . . .

I can confirm that hatchlings also revert to blue when abandoned. :(  https://dragcave.net/lineage/eySji

On 5/26/2021 at 1:14 AM, Wurldpeaz said:

Psssst look what I found  breeding an old purple and a new peach

Oops let’s try that again 

MO8tF.gifl

39EECBF7-30E2-4956-BD13-9AF6B4C0ABD4.jpeg

On 5/26/2021 at 1:29 AM, Fyrebird said:

Cool! Though you might want to replace that link with a screenshot of the lineage so it doesn't get killed.

Are you participating in the birthday experiment spreadsheet? It may be that it matters that only the mother was CB. This is only the second breeding of the new florets I've heard of; the first was also to a purple iris, and gave a gold iris egg. I don't know anything about the parents.

ZOMG Just checked and my first pair has matured!!

... And the Peachberry Dynasty begins with the birth of an heir.

Hide contents

BirthAnnouncement.png.d29147887e3ed394aa92b40c4e9d4c16.png

On 5/26/2021 at 2:11 AM, KaitoDragon6248 said:

i feel like the cave drops shouldve bin the old lineart if im honest

and you can breed the fluffy versions 

also i hatched two citrine gemshards! i bought them sunday so two of mine hatched green and two hatched orange ❤️

On 5/26/2021 at 2:13 AM, Ripan said:

I finally managed to catch two gemshards on chaos Sunday and apparently got supremely bad luck because both came out regular old ruby... 

On 5/26/2021 at 2:24 AM, Niomedes said:

Shame it looks like at this point the other Florets will be hybrids. I would kill for CB Alstro Purples and Golds.

On 5/26/2021 at 2:36 AM, oilbird said:

Here's what I got:

With old purple Floret x new peach Floret I got a new purple Floret egg

And with old gold Floret x new peach Floret I got a new peach Floret egg

Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 11.33.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 11.34.02 PM.png

On 5/26/2021 at 2:38 AM, HeatherMarie said:

EEEEEKKK look at that we are finally starting to figure out the Florets!! ... And by 'we' I mean you wonderful people in the thread, lol. My peach Floret just grew up, haven't bred it yet.

edit: Bred a purple Floret with my peach adult and got... A peach egg. Wondering if there are specifics for breeding the other types or if it's random. (For information's sake, I bred exactly the same as the screenshot above that got blue, a cb male purple with a cb female peach.)

On 5/26/2021 at 3:01 AM, prllx said:

I saw someone bred pink alstros together and produced a gold alstro egg.👀 I removed the codes from the image because they are not mine, but here's the screenshot.

Screenshot_20210526-155102_Chrome.jpg

I hope this helps!

Edited by Shokomon
Adding quotes & fixing them

23 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

I'm totally down with lilac (shorter than periwinkle) and bronze*, but I must have been hungry this morning because I'm really enamored of peach and grape for the other two.

*Bronze is what I had originally mentally labeled this one, but then I thought maybe I was being too pretentious. Quite happy to call it bronze!

Plum, Golden Delicious, Raspberry, Peach, Grape, Dates.

I love the look of the hatchlings  and I can't wait to see what the adults look like. 

8 minutes ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

Hahahaha! Maybe you're hungrier than I was. But what I'm calling grape is what you're calling raspberry. It just doesn't look "dark pink" to me.

3 hours ago, Banuk said:

I'd strongly suggest camping out in the AP for as much time as you can spare if you're hoping to grab CB pink Sapphires, while a sizeable chunk of the userbase is still unaware of the new releases or doesn't know how they're made yet. I've managed to catch two this evening, presumably abandoned by folks who were either being especially generous or just weren't aware of how the new alts are made.

Edit: Also, I'm not sure if we're tracking Gemshard colors especially closely yet, but I did hatch one born on the 19th (Wednesday) and it came out blue. So...data, I guess?

Mind if I add this to my spread sheet? Also would you have the time you bred it? You can find out from the action page.

1 minute ago, Fyrebird said:

Hahahaha! Maybe you're hungrier than I was. But what I'm calling grape is what you're calling raspberry. It just doesn't look "dark pink" to me.

Yeah, it's a bit more purple, but I was running out of edible purple fruit, unless you go with something dark, like blackberries/boysenberries.

I'm a bit disappointed that one of the Cantors has needs Earthquake. Earthquake has historically been way too risky for pretty small gain. I'm surprised that Balloons haven't been given Float BSA, which has been suggested since we got Earthquake. I feel like unless I completely empty my egg slots, I'm not going to really get green Cantors. Ah well. 

Edited by Charu

4 minutes ago, Charu said:

I'm a bit disappointed that one of the Cantors has needs Earthquake. Earthquake has historically been way too risky for pretty small gain. I'm surprised that Balloons haven't been given Float BSA, which has been suggested since we got Earthquake. I feel like unless I completely empty my egg slots, I'm not going to really get green Cantors. Ah well. 

You can get pretty good odds if you get high crack stages first. Lower time helps too. >50% odds recently with high crack stages.

Or you can trade with people like me who will be trying to pump out green cantors for other things hehe.

20 minutes ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

Yeah, it's a bit more purple, but I was running out of edible purple fruit, unless you go with something dark, like blackberries/boysenberries.

I think mulberries are not as dark as blackberries, but they're still pretty dark. Even aubergines, which one person called them, are fairly dark... but at least still recognizably purple.

But I expect we should wait for the adults to definitively give them colors. The sprites so far appear to have blush pink and some magenta, so maybe any form of purple will end up being inappropriate. We could call them cherry (although there are several varieties, including ones that are not purplish at all).

Wait a minute... I may be late to the party because I wasn't around when the cantors first showed up, but...

green cantor = earthquake BSA, performed by the green dragon

white cantor = ward BSA, performed by the white dragon

Is this the way the colors work on the rest of them?

Edited by Fyrebird
Spacing for merged responses

3 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

I think mulberries are not as dark as blackberries, but they're still pretty dark. Even aubergines, which one person called them, are fairly dark... but at least still recognizably purple.

But I expect we should wait for the adults to definitively give them colors. The sprites so far appear to have blush pink and some magenta, so maybe any form of purple will end up being inappropriate. We could call them cherry (although there are several varieties, including ones that are not purplish at all).

Maybe we could make something up. "Dragonberry". (Now watch that turn out to be a real thing, like Dragonfruit...)

Just now, Spiteful_Crow said:

Maybe we could make something up. "Dragonberry". (Now watch that turn out to be a real thing, like Dragonfruit...)

Hahaha! That's funny because I was thinking "iceberry" for the lilac one.

Just now, Fyrebird said:

Hahaha! That's funny because I was thinking "iceberry" for the lilac one.

Not blue enough. Lilaberry?

I’m not pumped about these mechanics at all but I’m excited to have more alts.

Catching / Breeding attempts!

• Got a "Floret" egg - Got it from the jungle; it's a shiny orange.
  • Got a Cantomaris egg - Warded; expect a white hatchling. Now sorts beneath the Iratus. 
  • Got a Sapphire egg - Hidden: to be added to hatcheries later on today. Will track views: Currently - 6,1,1. 
  • Got a Nilla egg - Used Fertility on both parents. Got a green egg.
  • Got a Electric egg - To be stunned upon hatching to see if sprite changes dramatically. So far the stunned and unstunned S1 look the same to me, and so does TJ's on the front page? None of his are blue. So, I wanna check. 
  • Got a Gemshard egg - Bred at the top of the hour!  Sorts above Green Gemshards... So it will be Green? *shrug*

3 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

Wait a minute... I may be late to the party because I wasn't around when the cantors first showed up, but...

Pretty much.

It goes like this:

• Mundus (Pink): no BSA or just Influence (has no effect)
  • Sophos (Blue): Last BSA used on the egg was Precognition by the Aeons
  • Itus (Orange): Last BSA used on the egg was Teleport by the Magi
  • Iratus (Red): Last BSA used on the egg was Incubate by the Reds
  • *NEW* Green: Last BSA used on the egg was Earthquake by the Greens
  • *NEW* White: Last BSA used on the egg was Ward by the Whites.

Previously, Ward and Earthquake had no effect on colors, so you would get a Mundus. The last BSA you use always rewrites the color on the egg. So if you teleported an egg, and then precog'd it to get the gender, say goodby to your Itus. (That happened to me.)

13 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

It's an interesting mechanic for sure. But, like the Cantor-teleport variant, it's another step away from being able to play by yourself without anyone's help. As I said in the Cantor release. DC used to be huge on the whole idea of being able to play solitarily, you could trade and such but it was never *necessary* to interact with others. Now it is. Now there are variants you can *only* get by interacting with others. I'm not necessarily saying that's a bad thing, it's just DC moving in a different direction.

Arguably, we always needed each other because of the requirement of views and clicks.

15 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

Sort of, incubate turms them red and black, and its from a red dragon. precog has blue and red and its from aeons, which are more red than blue. magi = teleport and both are orange. It wasn't by design exactly, cause the original first three were spriters alts, they just noticed it worked out pretty cool with bsas, and then decided to round out the set hehe.

Edited by Tini

44 minutes ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

Excellent! They’re plants, let’s keep it that way.

14 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

OH. Oh my goodness I didn't even realize that. The other Cantors, red for using a Red to incubate, orange for using a Magi to teleport.... Oh wow how did I never see that?! (Except Aeons to get blue, but I guess they have blue highlights especially after using the bsa.)

7 minutes ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

Not blue enough. Lilaberry?

Why make up colors when the professionals already have? According to Crayola.com, the darker one is jazzberry jam and the lighter one is periwinkle. Their lilac is a definite purple whereas the periwinkle still has that hint of blue.