TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

Just now, trystan said:

so will a Purple Floret x Celestial still give one of the new Florets? thanks!

It shouldn't.

2 minutes ago, Pixxelation said:
3 minutes ago, trystan said:

so will a Purple Floret x Celestial still give one of the new Florets? thanks!

It shouldn't.

ah okay, thanks!  good to know.

have we got it figured out how to get them yet, or is that still unknown? (or doesn't work yet?)

Edited by trystan

I'm definitely not a fan of luck based mechanics,  so I have to agree I'm not a fan of the earthquake or abandonment requirements for some of the alts. Arwen17 mentioned making the Cantomaris eggs impervious; another option could possible involve a new BSA that protects the eggs against earthquake damage, similar to how Ward protects dragons from sickness. Maybe Pillows could get a 'Cushion' BSA where the dragon "wraps the egg in its soft fur, softening any blows for 'x' hour(s)".

Idk, I'm a completionist by nature, but I just really don't like the idea of having to risk killing all my eggs for a color variation without some means to mitigate the damage, not to mention this is really going to screw with people in gifting threads that require no dead dragons on the scroll or they get booted out of their spot.

6 hours ago, Velvetie said:

I have a suggestions for the Sapphire Dragon alts (not sure if I should make a thread in the suggestions section as we don't know the full detailes yet)... but if the only ways of getting the Yellow and Pink alts are the ones we know so far then I think the mechanism should be tweaked a little bit.

Firstly, I propose that a Sapphire can only turn yellow or pink while being an egg..

To obtain a Yellow Sapphire egg, simply get 800 unique views on the mentioned egg. So basically the same as now, except the hatchlings don't change from blue/pink to yellow,

To obtain a Pink Sapphire egg, keep the current mechanic of abandoned eggs turning pink. But I think there should be a second method which anyone could use to get it - keep an egg past hatch time (4 days) with less than 10 unique views. If the egg will reach 3d 23h and it will have less than 10 unique views, then it will turn pink.. this way you still wait for a Pink one, but it's not as hard to build lineages and whatnot with them..

I think this would be really good for the pink Sapphires. Pinks can come from either abandoning to the AP or leaving an egg fogged/keeping its view count low until the 3d 23hr mark; that would still fit the criteria of being 'lonely'.

12 minutes ago, trystan said:

have we got it figured out how to get them yet, or is that still unknown? (or doesn't work yet?)

The grape colored one, we've been told, does not work yet—obviously, it involves an adult peach colored one. The others we've had no word on, but no reported successes thus far.

One theory is that it's a combination of the peach with the other two colors.

22 minutes ago, Mrs_Prudence said:

It remains to be seen whether pink sapphires will be tradeable, no? That's my only chance at getting one. I'll trade a 2g prize easy for a pair.

They are, after you catch one in the ap. (Unless someone abandons market sapphires)

CHAOS BIRTHDAAAAAY

Oh man I've been so excited for this! I LOOOOVE having all these new mechanics to play with! I'm of the opinion that there should be options for everyone's play style, including difficult/time consuming/risky options. It keeps the game fresh and gives people something challenging to work with! I don't think all breeds/sprites have to be super easy for every single person to collect so long as it's still possible (which it is) to collect them, because otherwise it gets boring for some of us and starts to feel like the site caters to only one type of play style. I'm glad that this birthday has been so wild and crazy. Whoo! Sprite party!!! It's nice that this year is a change up and introduced new mechanics and alts instead of just more brand new breeds. We get those all the time 🤪

It's sad that the birthday, of all things, reminds me why I'm playing DC much less these days. I've been drowning in work all week, and I was looking forward to hunting some eggs this weekend, but it seems impossible to get any of the new eggs that aren't hybrids. As this has happened a couple of times now, I'm pretty much past caring. I guess I'll just breed some hybrids, but I'm not getting excited about new releases any more.

So, I finally managed to read through all 25 pages of the thread.

First things first - Happy birthday DC! 15 years... How time flies!

As for the EQ Green Canto - does anybody know whether warding an egg shield it from Earthquake?

As the CMs go after the last BSA, one could actually be able to do the following:

First Influence as you need, then incubate (turning it Red), then Ward (turning it White), then EQ (turning it Green).

Anyone who already tried that? I'm locked with orange Florets, I'm afraid.

As for blue Sapphire hatchies turning yellow - shouldn't just hiding them until growing up time prevent that?

9 hours ago, purplehaze said:

my scroll goals require 8 CBs of each variant

What shall I say? I need 8 CB *pairs* even XD

7 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Is there a master list of (theorized) ways to get each alt?

As it is always useful to have an overview - here's what I wrote together so far:

Alt Nilia: both parents fertilized, works with Nilia x other Pygmy, too. 

Alt Copper: breed with lightning aligned dragon  (Thunder, Electric, Astrapi, Bolt)

Gemshard: time based, not enough info yet

White Cantormaris: Ward BSA

Green Cantormaris: Earthquake BSA

Alt Electric: stun an Electric hatchling 

Yellow Sapphire: needs a lot of views (over 4000 OV, 800 UV)

Pink Sapphire: willfully abandon Sapphire egg to the AP

Orange Floret: Jungle biome CB

Royal Purple hybrid: Royal Blue x Royal Crimson 

Edited by Astreya

1 minute ago, Astreya said:

So, I finally managed to read through all 25 pages of the thread.

First things first - Happy birthday DC! 15 years... How time flies!

As for the EQ Green Canto - does anybody know whether warding an egg shield it from Earthquake?

As the CMs go after the last BSA, one could actually be able to do the following:

First Influence as you need, then incubate (turning it Red), then Ward (turning it White), then EQ (turning it Green).

Anyone who already tried that? I'm locked with orange Florets, I'm afraid.

As for blue Sapphire hatchies turning yellow - shouldn't just hiding them until growing up time prevent that?

What shall I say? I need 8 CB *pairs* even XD

As it is always useful to have an overview - here's what I wrote together so far:

Alt Nilia: both parents fertilized, works with Nilia x other Pygmy, too. 

Alt Copper: breed with lightning aligned dragon  (Thunder, Electric, Astrapi, Bolt)

Gemshard: time based, not enough info yet

White Cantormaris: Ward BSA

Green Cantormaris: Earthquake BSA

Alt Electric: stun an Electric hatchling 

Yellow Sapphire: needs a lot of views (over 4000 OV, 800 UV)

Pink Sapphire: willfully abandon Sapphire egg to the AP

Orange Floret: Jungle biome CB

Aubergine Floret: Purple Floret x Celestial; Purple Floret x Moonstone

Royal Purple hybrid: Royal Blue x Royal Crimson 

Nothing protects from earthquake. Yes you can use all the BSAs on the same egg, but the egg itself doesn't change. You get the color of the last bsa when it hatches.

Anyone that got the new purple floret no longer had it, it was a glitch and they are not available yet.

2 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Nothing protects from earthquake. Yes you can use all the BSAs on the same egg, but the egg itself doesn't change. You get the color of the last bsa when it hatches.

Pity that Ward doesn't protect from EQ. I just hoped that maybe the mechanics could have been tweaked for the new CM variant. I guess then one should probably just time catching CMs so that one doesn't have any other eggs and then just use EQ when one only has these eggs on the scroll.

2 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Anyone that got the new purple floret no longer had it, it was a glitch and they are not available yet.

Oh, thanks for the correction! Gotta delete that then from my file ^ ^

47 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

The grape colored one, we've been told, does not work yet—obviously, it involves an adult peach colored one. The others we've had no word on, but no reported successes thus far.

One theory is that it's a combination of the peach with the other two colors.

thanks!

and yeah, that's a good theory.... but there's three different ones, one of which is the Peach.  are there ideas on the alt form of the one we have now?

next question - the Jungle Floret - will that show up in the Encyclopedia once TJ has adults?

Edited by trystan

20 hours ago, blockEdragon said:

The electric alt is blue you guys!

HERE

I got it by stunning it.

20 hours ago, Fields_of_Heather said:

Okay.... break it down....

• The Sapphires have received two new alts; one from lonely eggs and the other from those that receive a lot of attention.

I get the feeling this one has to do with view counts. Perhaps there is a number that above or below gives you a certain color?

• The Coppers have a shiny new alt you can get from breeding in the right way.

Okay, maybe you have to breed the correct color combo to get the new one.

• A new hybrid is here. Its colors may be a blend of its parents.

Gonna skip this one.

• Electric Dragons have a new alt. Which BSA you use to obtain it may shock you.

My money is on the Stun BSA having something to do with this one.

• Three new colors of Gemshards have arrived, but they also have a new time-based mechanic—except for one day when chaos reigns supreme.

My guess is that the colors are tied to a day of the week and one day you can get any color.

• Two new alts for the Cantormaris Dragons come from two new BSAs.

Hmmm, do they mean brand new BSAs or just different ones from the others? If so, Influence, Earthquake or Ward would be my guess.

• Nilias also have a breed-only alt, from particularly fertile parents.

Probably have to use Fertility on Nilias before breeding them?

• And finally, the Florets. Make sure to grab the fully new variant from the jungle, but there's certainly more to be discovered.

I give up. Just gonna bang my head on the wall for a bit. My brain is overclocked.

20 hours ago, wbmorgan said:

Yup, my Florets went from Purple to Orange after viewing them.

20 hours ago, Kaini said:

Yay, Happy Birthday DC! It's also my mod anniversary :)

Figured out the purple hybrid! Breed a royal blue to a royal crimson and you'll get the purple egg.

20 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Do both parents have to be Nilia?

20 hours ago, High Lord November said:

Warding a Cantormaris egg produces a site error, but warding other eggs seems to be fine.

I just remembered a purple hybrid from DR and gave it a go. It's nothing specific to me, I've just been in the right place right time for this stuff.

Also, anyone notice that coppers and Royal crimsons got an update? The royal crimson update is really subtle but it's slightly larger and looks less blurry. The copper update is more ovbious.

20 hours ago, High Lord November said:

Oh, I performed EQ on the egg and got a new shadow for my Cantormaris encyclopedia page! No guarantee it wasn't there when I tried to Ward it, but I don't think my wards were successful since I got site error. I guess we'll see when I pick up a new Canto egg and ward it - if I get another new shadow then the first was definitely EQ. So it looks like influence isn't one of the BSAs.

Or if someone else tries to ward and doesn't have a new shadow, that's also a confirmation. Let me know!

20 hours ago, Jazeki said:

I keep trying to ward my canto and all I get is an error message...I'm on mobile chrome....

Nevermind lol. Got it to work.

20 hours ago, Whirlaway said:

One Cantor changes position (moves below red) with Ward.

Hybrid is from the two Royals (Crimson and Blue).

Sapphire pink needs to be willfully abandoned.

20 hours ago, missy_ said:

Yes. Oversaturated, all of them. They look like a sharpen Photoshop filter was applied; at least, that is the only way I know how to describe the effect.

I am not a fan of the new look. I loved the old Coppers; they looked like realistic copper, not like overly colorful, happy glow-in-the-dark, “My Little Pony meets Fort Knox” kind of copper.

I wish we had an option, a filter, to view the older version, but we don’t.

20 hours ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Orange Floret bumped my counter, too.

19 hours ago, High Lord November said:

I like the new copper sprites - I can actually tell the difference between regular and rainbow copper now! The improvement for the shading and texture on the wings, and the general sprite, is really nice too. The only thing I miss are some of the subtleties and the other shades of colours popping in, they seem a bit more monotone now. Overall nice edits :)

19 hours ago, High Lord November said:

I used EQ with a Cantormaris egg, and got a new shadow on my encyclopedia page. I was unable to use ward as the site threw an error.

1478641558_ScreenShot2021-05-21at1_22_27AM.thumb.png.eff00d9dc3a1a77ef990dfb08ea1c53d.png

19 hours ago, dooyoo said:

if the yellow sapphire variant requires a lot of attention, im gonna try to make one intentionally sick, or im gonna see if it requires a trade? not sure though.

edit: not sure if this has been said, but both nilia parents have to have a fertility bsa used on them.

edit 2: traded a sapphire egg, but it remained blue.

edit 3: sickness didnt work either :( 

18 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Floret experiments: Tried gold floret with hydrophidius, got a hydrophidius egg. Tried purple floret with flamingo, got purple floret. Purple floret and Pyralspite gave no egg. 

..... And SUCCESS! Got the new deep-purple Floret by breeding purple Floret with Celestial!!

Hide contents

image.png.b220adc71cffd64cf884c59c0dd8dd1e.png

17 hours ago, Magellan said:

I actually prefer getting hybrids and breeding mechanics added to existing breeds. We can take all the time we need to get all the variants and not just go be lucky to get them all in the cave.
I'm really happy about all these new things that even give old breeds a second "chance" (me no word can do today. This is certainly not the right phrase, but I lack the brains today to describe it better)

I'm totally excited to try everything out! And I can schedule my eggslots^^

Edit: Theory regarding copper...

Hide contents

...as read in the encyklopedia "The metallic copper in a dragon’s scales is absorbed from a diet rich in minerals". So maybe we have to find the right mineral dragon mix? Or look for a copper alloy and the respective metal / element dragon, that could match.

and Florets

Hide contents

seem to play with color palette mixtures^^

17 hours ago, Modiano said:

The one I auto-abandoned remained blue

16 hours ago, Fyrena said:

RqdnL.gif

I think I found the new copper
(I remembered an experiment from school were we cleaned rusty nails with electricity)

EDIT:
Thunder x Liver of Sulfur copper

Hidden because it already got sick

16 hours ago, caya said:

Nice, got a new Copper as well from Verdigris x Thunder.

Good call Fyrena!

And thanks Spiteful_Crow ^^

16 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I have. It didn't work - but on both did.

This is going to make hay with my massive pygmy lineage :( Maybe I will just leave the new one out.

16 hours ago, Zimtie said:

I tried to collect everything already found out in this thread:

Hide contents

The Sapphires have received two new alts; one from lonely eggs and the other from those that receive a lot of attention.

Pink: Abandoning (on purpose). Yellow: Number of views?

The Coppers have a shiny new alt you can get from breeding in the right way.

Copper x Thunder/Electric/Astrapi/Bolt - theory: all Lightning Element Dragons - https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Lightning_Element_Dragons

A new hybrid is here. Its colors may be a blend of its parents.

Royal Blue x Royal Crimson

Electric Dragons have a new alt. Which BSA you use to obtain it may shock you.

Stun an Electric hatchie.

Three new colors of Gemshards have arrived, but they also have a new time-based mechanic—except for one day when chaos reigns supreme.

?

Two new alts for the Cantormaris Dragons come from two new BSAs.

Ward. Earthquake.

Nilias also have a breed-only alt, from particularly fertile parents.

Nilia pairs, parents  both need to be fertilized (using the BSA of the Purple dragon).

And finally, the Florets. Make sure to grab the fully new variant from the jungle, but there's certainly more to be discovered.

Peach Floret CB in the jungle

Purple Floret x Celestial/Moonstone -> deep purple Floret

15 hours ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

My CB Coppers gave me no eggs and a refusal.

But of course THIS pair gave me the egg I wanted.

At least I know now, that it's working. ;) :)

15 hours ago, Alesita said:

I got 2 new coopers from Electric.

One from green and one from brown cooper parent, so i guess for new coopers logic if this:

Any color Cooper x Any electrical element breed ( thunder, electric some say bolt too, but my exp gived only bolts, will be happy if someone share for bolts )

14 hours ago, MissK. said:

Copper update! In case it hasn't been confirmed yet, Astrapi also gives the new version. I am very locked but couldn't resist experimenting a bit so there's a 2g in the ap.

Edit: I also tried galvanic wyvern and aeria gloris since they have lightning as secondary element, but didn't get any coppers, so not sure about that.

13 hours ago, tjenni said:

13 hours ago, Chaos Rider said:

I wonder if that idea got re-purposed for this birthday release

13 hours ago, Skyrix said:

the halloween 2015 one is based on electrified copper and as it turns out, the s1 sprite matches the HW2015 s1 sprite which means its been repurposed as a special alt

12 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

No: it's this one

image.png.6c58a22ab978f718a10bf33d1b1e4f19.png

12 hours ago, Pixxelation said:

Hey folks, I wouldn't normally wanna make any statements this explicit, but given the bumpiness with the release, I'm just gonna say this outright to ease stress: the (dark) pink floret eggs shouldn't be obtainable quite yet. Existing pink eggs not owned by T.J. are unfortunately a glitch and will likely be fixed. Thanks for your patience while we sort things out.

Additionally, the tininess on some of the Floret S1s and the one Pink Sapphire S1 appears to be something weird happening on the forum end of things. Scale is correct on-site if you click the view links :)

12 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

Nilla: both parents fertilized 

Copper: breed with lightning aligned dragon 

Gemhard: time based, not enough info yet

Cantos: white is Ward, Green is earthquake 

Electric: stun the hatchling 

Sapphire: pink willfully abandoned, yellow a lot of views

Florets: orange is the jungle, breed combos still testing 

New hybrid: royal blue+crimson 

11 hours ago, Fyrebird said:

I did the math (which is not as catchy as "you do the math")

2 new sapphire colors

+ 1 new copper color

+ 1 new hybrid (full-size)

+ 1 new electric color

+ 3 new gemshard colors

+ 2 new cantomaris colors

+ 1 new pygmy color

+ 4 new floret colors

------

15 new dragons for the 15th birthday

11 hours ago, Murkydepths said:

The fact that new florets aren't creating shadows in the floret encylopedia, the different head crest + tail, and the muscley wings and opening mouth like it's asking for food....

Cuckoo florets...?

9 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I saw the figure 800 UVs mentioned several places in this thread.

7 hours ago, Velvetie said:

yes, here it is from discord

Hide contents

- The Sapphires have received two new alts; one from lonely eggs and the other from those that receive a lot of attention.

Pink -> using the abandon action. They remain blue if auto'd or teleported. Yellow -> Many Views. just getting it sick isn't enough to alt it. Apparently blue hatchlings (possibly others?) can turn yellow.

- The Coppers have a shiny new alt you can get from breeding in the right way.

Copper x Thunder, possibly electric type dragons (storm riders, etc)

- A new hybrid is here. Its colors may be a blend of its parents.

Royal Crimson x Royal Blue

- Electric Dragons have a new alt. Which BSA you use to obtain it may shock you.

Stun the hatchling

- Three new colors of Gemshards have arrived, but they also have a new time-based mechanic—except for one day when chaos reigns supreme.

Eggs generated before the birthday can still hatch new colours. Friday -> Orange & Red 

- Two new alts for the Cantormaris Dragons come from two new BSAs.

Ward -> white yellow blue hatchie. Earthquake? -> Green and idk colours are hard

- Nilias also have a breed-only alt, from particularly fertile parents.

Fertility on both parents, but they change back if abandoned?

- Florets. Make sure to grab the fully new variant from the jungle, but there's certainly more to be discovered.

Orange/Peach from the cave. Magenta/"Dark Purple" -> should not be obtainable by anyone other than TJ yet. Blue ? Brown ? Doesn't seem to be affected by BSAs

7 hours ago, High Lord November said:

Florets are unknown.

Gemshards are suspected to be based on the day of the week, with exception of one day where it's random.

Sapphires - abandon and you get pink, get a lot of unique views (800?) and it turns yellow.

Cantormaris - the green is by using EQ, the white is by using Ward.

Copper alt is by breeding a copper with a primary lightening dragon, like Thunders, Astrapi, Electric, Bolt.

Electric alt is by hitting an Electric hatchling with Bolt BSA.

Pygmy is by having both pygmy parents affected by Fertility BSA. I think only one parent needs to be Nilia for it to work.

Hybrid is Royal Crimson x Royal Blue.

7 hours ago, Fyrebird said:

As somebody who still sometimes has trouble telling silver from white, I can relate. (Although I have no trouble spotting the tinge of blue on the canopy versus pebble, which confuses my sister).

I agree. The only CBs I have of these (2), I got through trading.

It's the 15th birthday, so there are 15 new things. I counted because I remember they did 10 new dragons for the 10th birthday. Honestly, the fact that so many of them DON'T require catching them in the cave makes it easier to get this many new ones. I remember trying to get 10 new ones with the limited slots was a nightmare... you couldn't catch them all yourself right away, so you had to hope the ones you caught were the rare ones since they would be so much harder to catch once the initial drops ended.

Not necessarily true. I am just coming of a hiatus, so it may have changed (I've noticed a few things that have), but back in the day a CB egg could end up in the AP if nobody picked it up from the cave. It wasn't only abandoned eggs that went there, despite the name.

There's already a precedent for this. The pitfire dragons have a color alt that is ONLY achieved through killing. At least these you only have to risk them dying... you don't have to actually stab them with a knife, risking them running away.

I took a screenshot. Here are eggs and descriptions.

2547060_DC15birthday-eggs.png.a8fd563bfc0ad24ffdf4c42dbe6ff5c3.png2547060_DC15birthday-eggs.png.a8fd563bfc0ad24ffdf4c42dbe6ff5c3.png

7 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

sigh.png.4127441e39e768cb422f6a446aceb864.pngsigh2.png.cf330f1eb1fa5d16f94a11e6aadc2c17.png

Ugh. Apparently the original Coppers got updated? The shading is different and the colors look less rich than they did before. 😕

So fun playing a game all about collecting art you like... just so that art can be changed on you! At any time! For any reason!

"Oh ADP, all you do is grumble! Why don't you just leave?"

It's hard to walk away from something you put hundreds of hours into over twelve years. Plus FOMO is a real thing. So I'll just sit in my cave, sulking, clinging to my mercifully unchanged Sunsongs and throwing darts at a cut out of the Avatar of Annoying Change.

7 hours ago, Marrionetta said:

If there is I expect Shoko to be the one to produce it!

6 hours ago, Spyridon said:

Okay got my 3 new gemshards.

Before I start doing anything, the influence and incubate BSAs don't do anything for these breeds right?

5 hours ago, High Lord November said:

Correct. EQ only affects eggs. If the egg has a crack in it, and the egg has less than 6 hours on it, then there's the possibility of the egg hatching (and then either you catch the hatchling, or it runs away meaning you lose it), nothing happening, or the egg dying. If the egg has more than 6 hours days on it and/or no cracks, then the two options are "remain unaffected" or "egg dying".

6 hours ago, Spyridon said:

You have to stay in Jungle and every so often, a gemshard or canto will break through the flood of the florets.

It only affects eggs. Though I'm surprised hatchlings don't attempt to fly away. Some birds flee when they sense one coming in our area.

5 hours ago, oxoniensis said:

There are also Cantos, Sapphires etc dropping in Alpine, Coast, and Volcano now. Possibly other biomes too, that’s just where I’ve seen them.

5 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Oh, the wiki say 6 *days*, not 6 hours. That makes a lot more sense. 

5 hours ago, High Lord November said:

It doesn't need to hatch to turn green, it just needs to survive EQ as an egg to turn green. Make sure to not incubate the egg by accident after using EQ, because incubate will override EQ and turn the variant to red/black.

5 hours ago, surelychoo said:

oh another thing I noticed—the magenta florets seem to be recoloured versions of the old sprite, while the orange, periwinkle, and brown florets are the same colourings but with new sprites. I'm assuming that one trio of pink-purple-brown will be biome-specific and the other trio will be bred-only. That established, I wonder why it's the orange eggs (pink colouring, new sprite) that are the new biome-specific and not the magentas (pink colouring, old sprite).

5 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

Just caught a sapphire in the desert so they are rarely dropping in other biomes.

Has anyone else noticed that that shadows look like the pink and yellow won't be just recolors but have different poses?

Screenshot_20210521-155301_Chrome.jpg

4 hours ago, Naruhina_94 said:

I'm very glad to be here to celebrate Dc 15th birthday. Happy birthday DC ❤️

Such a long time, so many new mechanics, the game is kept fresh and enjoiable. I do like how it keeps evolving, even tho I would like more user-friendly pages to be added for us to keep track of everything. I think for example that in the Encyclopedia there should definetly be space for a specific ALT page where all possibile alternative sprites mechanics are added each time you discover one. 

It's getting a bit off hand. Here is a list of every breed that present some kind of alternate form, permanent or that just last few hours:

I think it would be appreciated if we distinguish from Variants (same breed, same sprite, different colors), Alternative (same breed, different sprite, different colors), Egglike (similar eggs, different adults)

Big spoilers ahead on how to get each alternative colored / sprited version in game.

Hide contents

Aegis (permanent but reversible sprite change after BSA)

Aeon (The use of Precognition causes an aesthetic change in the adult Aeon's sprite that lasts the duration of the cooldown period)

Alcedine (2 completely differnt sprites and color from the same egg)

Black / Dark Green / Undine (bred only possible ALT form. The egg is the same)

Cantormaris (same sprite, 6 different colors)

Celestial (The use of Corporealize causes an aesthetic change in the adult Aeon's sprite that lasts a week)

Copper (same sprite, 3 different colors obtainable CB + 1 new color that can only obtain through breeding. Be careful with the mother's biome when breeding)

Dark Lumina / Light Lumina (when bred to specific breeds they change color for 24 hours. Either breed can produce the other)

purple/red Dorsal (same sprite, 2 different colors)

Electric (ALT obtainbale with stunning an Hatchie)

Firegem (same breed, similar egg, 3 different sprites, 3 different colored adults)

Floret (same breed, similar egg, 6 different colored adults. i dont know if the new adults are also shaped differently as the hatchies and hatchilings are already giving me headache to figure out how many they are)

Gemshard ( same breed, same egg, same adults (presumably), 6 different colors)

Glystere wyrm (his BSA makes him slightly change every 24 hours)

Lunar Herald (same breed, slightly different eggs, same adults, 4 different colors, depends on moon phase)

Nebula (same egg, same hatchie, 2 different set of hatchlings, 2 different sprited set of adults)

Pitfire (alternative obtainable with killing and reviving)

Pyralspite (same breed, slightly different colored eggs, same adults, 3 different ending colors)

Ridgewing (same breed, slightly different colored eggs, same adults, 2 different ending colors

Siyat (same breed, same egg, same adult sprite, 3 different adult colors depending on the time left at hatching)

Snow Angel / Black Sweetling (tied to your scroll ALTS)

Solstice (Bred solstice have different wings)

Spinel Wyvern (same breed, same shape for adults and hatchie, different colors)

Spirit Ward / Nocturne / Stratos (sprite changes on his own during the day)

Striped (same egg, same adults, 5 colors but only 1 obtainable CB)

Sunrise/sunset (same egg, adult depends on the time of the day the egg hatches)

Xol (same egg, alt obtainable with incubate)

Moonglow/Sunbeam Drake (same egg, adult depends on the time of the day the egg is laid)

And i'm still leaving some out, like Xenowyrms, Zyumorph, prizes and Seasonal)

4 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

This release has been such chaos lol

4 hours ago, Jazeki said:

Someone mentioned in Discord that today's update/release mechanic retroactively also applies to existing gemshards eggs.

3 hours ago, Fyrebird said:

Good news is, sapphires only cost 200 shards from the Market. Guess I know where my future CBs are coming from, at least for a while. I've been saving my shards since I came back, waiting to see what I can't get myself through being an insomniac or lucky trading.

Obviously I'm not going to abandon a market egg, but I should be able to turn it yellow. (It says you can't trade them; CAN they be abandoned?)

What does this quote from the Wiki mean?  

The location-specfic variants can throw a eggs of either color even if they're from the cave, right?

(I'm uncomfortable of calling all of these "alts". There used to be a strict definition of alts that did not include biome [e.g. baikala] or random [e.g. dorsal] color differences. Those were called "variants." I think the only ones called alts were the two black dragon variants (sitting and standing), the vine, and the undine. Is this relaxing of the terminology another change that happened while I was away?)

Have a MASSIVE QUOTE of all the sucessful attempts at getting ths variants/alts/hybrids.

Includes commentary on sprite changes, compilation posts of all known obtainable alts, notes from @Pixxelation, and some funny comments I found while searching.

@Marrionetta: I came here to have a good time, but I'm feeling so attacked right now...

Lol

43 minutes ago, hazeh said:

CHAOS BIRTHDAAAAAY

Oh man I've been so excited for this! I LOOOOVE having all these new mechanics to play with! I'm of the opinion that there should be options for everyone's play style, including difficult/time consuming/risky options. It keeps the game fresh and gives people something challenging to work with! I don't think all breeds/sprites have to be super easy for every single person to collect so long as it's still possible (which it is) to collect them, because otherwise it gets boring for some of us and starts to feel like the site caters to only one type of play style. I'm glad that this birthday has been so wild and crazy. Whoo! Sprite party!!! It's nice that this year is a change up and introduced new mechanics and alts instead of just more brand new breeds. We get those all the time 🤪

(bolding for emphasis) Possible, yes, but severely limited. I don't mind difficult or risky mechanics, I spend enough time on DC that it's not a big issue to me to spend a long time figuring things out or being patient or whatever. But there is a difference between difficult and 'overly complicated and super-low-chance', and I think we are straddling that line here. If it's true we can only get the green Cantors through EQ, and EQ hasn't been changed at all to provide better odds and there is no way to shield other eggs, I personally think that goes far past difficult/risky (it's risky sure, but it's *too* risky when it means risking all your other-breed eggs too instead of just risking the breed in question). And Sapphires *require* us to rely on other players to abandon nice/neat lineages and/or CBs to get a pink one, which also goes a little past 'difficult' into 'you literally can't get this variant without relying on another user'. 

I'll deal with these confusing new mechanics, and it's not like I'll *ever* leave DC (lol), but I do think this is a little much and I completely understand why people might be frustrated over such limiting mechanics. Especially for players who see DC as a 'relaxing' game, people who chose DC over other sites specifically because of the laid-back nature of the game, the past couple years has changed that drastically and I wouldn't blame anyone if they no longer saw DC as fun/relaxing.

My current scroll goal is 2 CB breeding pairs of everything except Prizes but with the green cantors and pink sapphires I might just have to change that to getting two pairs of of those ones regardless of their lineage

edit: and I need a complete set of frozen hatchies too, yay! /s

Edited by Chaos Rider

1 hour ago, Fyrebird said:

So, this morning somebody mentioned seeing a lot of yellow sapphires in the hatcheries, but I didn't see any. I've even checked hatcheries that I don't typically use, and didn't find any. Other than TJ's (which have already hatched), I've only seen the one that was posted here (which is now hidden).

Does the wild yellow sapphire truly exist?

I have no less than 16 bookmarked lmao that was all in allure at like 2am dc time. there's even a couple adults

One easier way to get pink sapphs would be to teleport your blue egg to a friend, and have them abandon it at a predetermined time while you refresh the ap, assuming its lower than ap time it'll pop up top left.

Edited by Tini

Goodness me, I'm almost overwhelmed! I'm rather glad that there are many ways of obtaining the new dragons, but the pink sapphires honestly perplex me. If abandonment is the only way to obtain one, there doesn't seem to be a way to purposely make lineages with them, since the offspring won't be pink. :(

idk, the risk for the EQ cantor variant is the same as the risk for neglecteds or undeads imo. You don't have to take that risk if you don't want to, but you won't be able to get the pretty sprites, same as with neglecteds or undeads (both gorgeous designs!). and same with pink sapphires; they'll be rare and hard to get, just like cb rares for noobs like me that have slow af reaction times. 

3 hours ago, oxoniensis said:

My second Floret theory is that three of them are  not real Florets, but some kind of cuckoo, imposter. The hatchlings are quite different, and bulkier, almost as though they’ve dressed up as Florets, but are really something different underneath. 

I suspect I’m wildly off base here, but thought I’d put it out there!

oooooh that's a very cool theory! The mismatch between the magenta egg not being available but having the old sprite design and the peach egg being biome-specific but having the new sprite design would also work out according to this theory. Which is great, because it's been bothering me all day 😅

So if this chonky peach is a cuckoo floret, then it could breed with the existing real florets to produce either

1. a cuckoo floret with the same colouring as the parent real floret (purple parent → periwinkle; gold parent → brown), or

2. a real floret with the same colouring as the parent cuckoo floret (peach parent → magenta).

I hope this theory is correct! then I can rest satisfied.

Edited by surelychoo

Just now, surelychoo said:

idk, the risk for the EQ cantor variant is the same as the risk for neglecteds or undeads imo. You don't have to take that risk if you don't want to, but you won't be able to get the pretty sprites, same as with neglecteds or undeads (both gorgeous designs!). and same with pink sapphires; they'll be rare and hard to get, just like cb rares for noobs like me that have slow af reaction times. 

Undeads and neglected only risk the individual. Earthquake risks everything on your scroll.

12 hours ago, Arwen17 said:

Seriously, I hate this abandon mechanic even more than the earthquake mechanic. I don't want to risk dragons dying outside of specific breeds like zombies, vampires, and neglecteds. But abandoning things to the AP is far worse. At least with killing eggs, eventually you will get one that lives. With abandoned eggs, you may NEVER snatch that egg fast enough to get it back, or if the AP is back-logged, you'll never see it.

Sorry you feel that way but my intention was to help people catch the pink Sapphire eggs, since that’s essential to getting the sprite.

Ah this is the time I hope we'd have more slots....I guess I'll need to let some zombie fodders grow up XD (and damn how did I miss the initial releases again???

To make things interesting, I bred and auto-abandoned six spriter altkin sapphire lineages, one Thuwed sapphire lineage, three Thuwed gemshard lineages, and one Dorkface gemshard lineage.  

3 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

To make things interesting, I bred and auto-abandoned six spriter altkin sapphire lineages, one Thuwed sapphire lineage, three Thuwed gemshard lineages, and one Dorkface gemshard lineage.  

Unfortunately, auto-abandoning doesn't work for the pink Sapphires. You have to actually abandon them yourself. 

Those gemshards will be fun to catch though.

1 minute ago, Shokomon said:

Unfortunately, auto-abandoning doesn't work for the pink Sapphires. You have to actually abandon them yourself. 

Those gemshards will be fun to catch though.

I did it for the people who want to try and turn them yellow. 

40 minutes ago, Tini said:

One easier way to get pink sapphs would be to teleport your blue egg to a friend, and have them abandon it at a predetermined time while you refresh the ap, assuming its lower than ap time it'll pop up top left.

Great idea.

Note to self: get DC friends. (The sister and niece who got me into this whole thing don't play anymore.)