TJ09

2021-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day!

... Anyone else really enjoying the unsuccessful endings?

Or... Making "make atrocious" their go to spell? And imagining its possible real-life usefulness? 

Maybe it's just me...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to some eventual burninating.  And also want to tell a tiny dragon's parents not to make their hatchling do their emotional labor, the punks.

Well, I found the solutions if anyone wants 'em and any bad endings. X'D

Three Heads Are Sometimes Better Than Two

Spoiler

Banish, Darkness, Forget, Invisibility (Ending), Make Atrocious (Ending), Teleport (Ending), Turn Into Frog

What moods though, they just want to have fun hanging with themselves doing their own thing, haha.

I'm sad they didn't take the joke in Turn Into Frog ending, oof.

Thunderbolts and Lightning

Spoiler

Conjure Plant, Courage (Ending), Forget, Perception (Ending), Summon Storm, Zap (Ending)

This poor hatchling though, the mage was so sweet to the kid and just wanted them all to be happy, d'aw.

...Summon Storm though, oof. Sorry for scaring you that bad, kid.

A Sore Spot

Spoiler

Conjure Plant (Ending), Duplicate, Forget, Freeze (Ending), Heal (Ending), Precognition

...ngl, Precognition broke my heart. What happened?!

For Spell combos: https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/188429-2021-02-14-happy-valentines-day/?do=findComment&comment=10029344

Edited by KenKazaki2

46 minutes ago, reddof-f6 said:

that thunderbolts and lighting story was a little depressing not gonna lie. 😬

Really! I feel so bad for the poor little hatchling. 

50 minutes ago, reddof-f6 said:

that thunderbolts and lighting story was a little depressing not gonna lie. 😬

Yeah didn't expect that. Usually I enjoy going through the possible 'wrong' endings, but I stopped trying for this one because they were too sad. Not sure if even the good endings were actually good. 

Just now, MissK. said:

Yeah didn't expect that. Usually I enjoy going through the possible 'wrong' endings, but I stopped trying for this one because they were too sad. Not sure if even the good endings were actually good. 

One we saved Dad's bacon, one the hatchling figured out how to help Mom and Dad stop fighting on their own, and last hatchling stood up to their parents

Oh woah, A Sore Spot.... I feel so bad. What on earth happened?

Spoiler

Using Precognition, I have no idea what the poor Aria saw but I feel so bad for her!! All I can think is she accidentally saw beyond just their anniversary and saw them breaking up or something. Eek!

Aww...that poor hatchling!  I actually almost cried with that one.

Spoiler

Also the Aria with the Precog spell...though I'm left anxiously wanting to know what happened there.

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

I'm glad there is a 2 egg limit. I wish all events had 2 egg limits. When there is no limit, like at Halloween and Xmas, I can never snag any of the eggs cause everyone always grabs as many as possible.

It's nice to actually be able to grab event eggs for once.

3 hours ago, Ladywizard said:

One we saved Dad's bacon, one the hatchling figured out how to help Mom and Dad stop fighting on their own, and last hatchling stood up to their parents

Oh I know, I got those, it was just still kind of bittersweet to me because it's a shame the poor hatchling was put in that position in the first place. 

48 minutes ago, misohappy said:

I'm glad there is a 2 egg limit. I wish all events had 2 egg limits. When there is no limit, like at Halloween and Xmas, I can never snag any of the eggs cause everyone always grabs as many as possible.

It's nice to actually be able to grab event eggs for once.

Christmas dragons also have a limit of 2 CBs per person.

I've found the following spells;

Spoiler

edit: I compiled this to help those who didn't want to fenagle with the spell cauldron. (and, who knows, could be useful for the wiki?)

Edited by Xathoa

They're actually already in the wiki.

ETA oh wait - yours have PICTURES ! Nice !

Edited by Fuzzbucket

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

They're actually already in the wiki.

ETA oh wait - yours have PICTURES ! Nice !

I thought the pictures might be helpful. I'm a visual learner- and when the tutorial said to mix "Dark mana and life" and such, I wasn't sure which symbol coresponded to dark or life or others. I thought life was nature.. *lecough*
Anywho, yeah, thought it could be visually helpful. : >

8 hours ago, Pliskin said:

uh, am I the only one that the sliders in the game aren’t showing up? I am playing on mobile (iPad, Safari), but I have tried “request desktop site” and that doesn’t work either.

No, you're definitely not the only one! I have the same problem, as do other people in the New Valentine Game! thread over at the Site Discussion section of the forum. We are unable to obtain the Valentine's Event badge because of this.

I have all the games solved except for the 1st checkmark for the Two Loves game (I have the 2nd and 3rd checkmarks for it done).  What the heck am I missing?

3 hours ago, Xathoa said:

I thought the pictures might be helpful. I'm a visual learner- and when the tutorial said to mix "Dark mana and life" and such, I wasn't sure which symbol coresponded to dark or life or others. I thought life was nature.. *lecough*
Anywho, yeah, thought it could be visually helpful. : >

Don't worry, we've got a visual guide as well as the text-based spell guide on the wiki ;) 

https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Currently_Being_Released#Spell_gallery