TJ09

2020-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

1 minute ago, Stromboli said:

@Wolfs_Bane from your results i think your correct sequence is black, black, white, orange.

Thank you. Seriously, I do not like puzzles like this.

19 minutes ago, Nimras said:

SAME! And I've tried two browsers and it's just this black void. 

Trying to use keys and mouse does nothing, and you can't close it without closing the whole tab. 😔

Opera worked for me.

Questions: Will there be daily instalments for this game as for the Christmas versions? Can you restart the game after you've finished it?

I've found the museum and talked to the custodian. Should I head north immediately, or is there anything to explore/collect in the city before I leave?

Edited by walkinslow
typo

Am I the only one who finds the clue 'And the sun comes directly after its parents" really misleading?

They can't be 'not odd' and be directly before the last position. One is bound to be odd. (I found the solution but that made me doubt any subsequent clues, frankly...)

Orb Puzzle Guide

I haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if anybody else has put up a guide for the orb puzzle. This isn't the fastest way to solve the puzzle, but it's easier to wrap your head around than faster strategies. 

Spoiler

1. Put four of any one color of orbs on the pedestal- let's say you start with blue. The number of dots tells you how many blue orbs you'll need in your final pattern. No dots= no blue orbs, one dot= one blue orb, two dots=two, etc.

2. Put four of any of the other three color of orbs on the pedestal. Let's say you use white. Again, the number of dots tells you how many white orbs you'll need in your final pattern. 

3. Do this with all four colors, and by the end you'll know exactly how many of each color you'll need in your final pattern. It's possible you'll need multiples or none of certain colors.

4. Now you start trying to figure out the order of your orbs. You can start by taking the proper number of each color orb and putting them on the pedestal in a random order. Each yellow dot means you have a correct color orb in the correct spot, and each white dot means you have a correct color orb in the wrong spot. Since there are only four spaces, there aren't that many possible orders (24 total if you don't feel like puzzling out what the dots mean). Just take it slow and swap spots between two orbs at a time, and you'll get it eventually. 

I don't know if this is worded that well, but I hope it can help some people who're having trouble. :)

Edited by Sylph264

I am stuck on one screen of the first part of the game. It is in the area of the Map where there is a large head in the ground. I came down from the Oasis and now can not get off of the screen because apparently, it is a one-way exit... Help!

33 minutes ago, Nimras said:

SAME! And I've tried two browsers and it's just this black void. 

Trying to use keys and mouse does nothing, and you can't close it without closing the whole tab. 😔

Dragon Cave Adventure no worky.jpg

Try pressing enter

9 hours ago, Spacegirl said:

Thank you so much! Never would have solved it without you!

To elaborate, as you move across the rows from left to right, ignore the runes that turn "on" that are to the left of the one you just clicked, just keep moving forward in the grid. At least that's how it worked for me.

10 hours ago, Teez said:

I posted the way I solved the rune puzzle just a bit ago; hopefully it will help!
I'll repost it here:

Hide contents

Rune Lock:
I had so much trouble with this. Had to go look up solutions to other puzzles, and this is the one that worked for me.
The order the runes change in: yellow - white - green - orange.
Treat it as solving the puzzle twice over. Pick a rune and call it "1" so that the rest are numbered in order (so, in my case, ye-1, wh-2, gr-3, or-4).
For the first run, consider 1 and 3 the state "on," and 2 and 4 the state "off." (So, yellow and green are both "on," and white and orange are both "off".)
Start on the top row. Click all of the "on" states just once as you move across the row, then move to the start of the second row. Do this for all rows.
Repeat this, starting from the top again. Eventually, you are left with only your "off" states (2 and 4).
Consider 2 your new "on" state and 4 your new "off" state. Use the previous method, clicking your "on" tiles (2) as you go down each row, BUT instead of clicking once, click TWICE for each "on" state (to make sure all the tiles are still either 2 or 4).
Eventually, all of your tiles should be 4.

Also, when I wanted to get out of the rune puzzle before finishing it, backspace seemed to work for me.

Thank you Teez! Never would have solved it without your strategy. And thank you Spacegirl for clarifying to ignore the tiles that change to the left, I was clicking them all and getting nowhere. XD

2 hours ago, Kelkelen said:

Does anyone have like, a tip on how to approach the rune puzzle?  I mean, I don't want to just copy the right answer.  I'd like to figure it out for myself, but I can't think of how to think about it, if that makes any sense...

It really confused me at first, too, because I didn't understand anything about how I was supposed to play.  (I ended up looking up the answer, because it's hard even when I do understand how to play, but I sort of understand it now.)

So, there are four colors of runes.  And if you click on a rune of one color, it cycles to the next color.  You can click on the same rune several times to see what the order is.

When you click on a rune, it cycles its own color.  The catch is that it also cycles the color of all of the other runes in its column and row.

So you need to figure out how to cycle each rune's color the right number of times to make them all the same color.

Anyone able to help with the puzzle that involves the beast guards with Biscuit? I'm having trouble on which path to follow to get through. Almost every way I take I get near a dead end or a beast guard is standing in the way flipping back and forth

I really like being able to get old treats. Will the borders from the missed years also show up?

Finally finished. That was a headache and a half. So I'm not touch that again the rest of the event. Now I am going to give some very useful feedback that I really hope you guys will use for future games like this. 

The puzzles needed some much needed information about how they worked. We, the players, had no idea on what to do. Which is why a lot of us came here looking for such info that game should've given us to start with. You can have the info up on a wall for the players to read or have it pop up at the bottom of the page. Just as long as the player are given something to go on instead of taking pot shots in the dark. 

Trail and error is not your friend. Puzzles like placing the orb into the correct place was one of the most frustrating part of the game. ((For me at least.)) If you must have a puzzle like this in the future, I highly suggest you have the orb lock in place once it's correct. That will help cut down on frustration by a mile.

Give the player the option to pick a mode. A lot of games comes with modes like Easy, Medium, or Hard. Or even a custom mode would work too. It'll give the player more control on their experience. Or you even have a separate mode for puzzles like Silent Hill did back in the day. IE: One mode for combat and one mode for the riddles/puzzles.

((Another option that at least the Big Fish gives is an option to skip the puzzles. Which I have used. Especially when it comes to puzzles like the rune one. That deals with math and with a math learning problem I'd rather not pull out my hair or brake my key bored. ><: ))

And there is my feedback from a gamer. I really hope those who made the game find this info useful. ^^

WB

Edited by Wolfs_Bane

The event has been updated. You may need to reload the page to see the full changes:

• You can change your player name from the pause menu.
  • A crash when using slightly older browsers (i.e. not the exact latest version) has been resolved.
  • The desert has been adjusted to prevent being warped into places you can't otherwise reach, and people who are stuck should be able to escape by walking to the edges of the map.

The event will continue receiving updates, bug fixes, etc as it continues.

Really fun game!  Still slightly confused on how the player character got amnesia, or why the guards arrested me.  But still fun.  And I love the orb puzzle!  Took me a while to figure out the door puzzle, but once I figured it out, that was cool, too!

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

That's it. You should have your badge now. (I haven't left the museum yet so I don't know if there's more to see outside, but the game is definitely done.)

After museum:

Spoiler

There's a message along the lines of "Are you sure you want to exit? You won't be able to go back" Clicked "Yes". Credits started rolling and then a black screen with "Thank you for playing".

When clicking "Enter Event" again, I found myself back in the museum

it was a very long one, and not just because of the rune puzzle.
glad the clues from the thread for the runes worked for me (though I did need a while of "processing" to understand what I'm supposed to do) - I'd never go through this puzzle without a full step-by-step sollution, literally never. Those are simply too difficult.

I agree that the second cauldron instructions weren't much of help, one of them was literally misleading (the 'sun after its parents" like... nope, I still can't see how are those 2 the parents of that one, and my brain can connect the unconnectable at times). I had no idea where to place things except for the 1st and 3rd, and that 2 or maybe 3 items simply can't go in the 5th slot.

Edited by VixenDra

18 minutes ago, Wolfs_Bane said:

Trail and error is not your friend. Puzzles like placing the orb into the correct place was one of the most frustrating part of the game. ((For me at least.)) If you must have a puzzle like this in the future, I highly suggest you have the orb lock in place once it's correct. That will help cut down on frustration by a mile.

Just so you know, the orb puzzle is based on a game called Mastermind, and while it takes a couple of random tries at the start you can then start deducing what to try next from the information you have. It's almost exclusively logic based (unless you are extremely lucky and get it right immediately).

But I agree with a lot of what you said, especially that puzzle was easy for me because I already knew the rules; I can imagine someone who hasn't played it before might be confused. And the door part being purely trial and error was just tedious.

Edit: Since I'm talking about it already, I thought a couple of clues in the potion game were a bit unhelpful too, though the general idea was great.

Edited by MissK.

I am stuck, my character disappeared and keys don't work, only escape. :( Refreshing doesn't help.image.thumb.png.95dd8b69dea99413181fcd67be92424a.png

7 minutes ago, MissK. said:

Just so you know, the orb puzzle is based on a game called Mastermind, and while it takes a couple of random tries at the start you can then start deducing what to try next from the information you have. It's almost exclusively logic based (unless you are extremely lucky and get it right immediately).

But I agree with a lot of what you said, especially that puzzle was easy for me because I already knew the rules; I can imagine someone who hasn't played it before might be confused. And the door part being purely trial and error was just tedious.

Edit: Since I'm talking about it already, I thought a couple of clues in the potion game were a bit unhelpful too, though the general idea was great.

I've never played Mastermind, which is why I more or less came here just begging for the answer. I couldn't figure it out at all. ><:

I was able to move off the map where I was originally stuck, but as soon as the new section of map loaded, I am stuck again. Movement is limited to the single line where my player is standing, left and right, moving to the edge does nothing. I have tried different browsers, clearing cache, refreshing...everything I can think of. I think, if possible, giving us a reset button to escape situations like this would be helpful.

locked.PNG

1 minute ago, Wolfs_Bane said:

I've never played Mastermind, which is why I more or less came here just begging for the answer. I couldn't figure it out at all. ><:

Yeah I can imagine. When I first saw the doors thing I was so confused, and kept going back and forth trying to figure out if there was some kind of pattern on the floor and walls I was missing lol. At least for that one though I just spoke to Avery again and it basically skipped me to the end - I do think it would help to have a bit more of that incorporated into the puzzles, the option of extra hints or eventually just skipping through it if someone really can't figure it out. (I absolutely had to follow the solution posted in this thread for the runes, which feels a bit like cheating.)