TJ09

2020-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

My brain is made of cheese.  The final end temple puzzle 4x4 swappy blocky whatever... I think I'll only solve it if I'm allowed to keep messing with it for the lifespan of the universe.

1 hour ago, Mewtie said:
  Hide contents

The puzzle of the leftmost temple is not just trial and error. :3 The solution is in the first room. For more information: https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Currently_Being_Released#Puzzle_guide
We can definitely learn much from this experience and hopefully improve in the future! Thanks for the feedback.

does this count for round two? I didn't notice the trick and i can't recall if that happened in round one, but in round two they were missing when I knew to look for them.

3 minutes ago, Vain.3805 said:

My brain is made of cheese.  The final end temple puzzle 4x4 swappy blocky whatever... I think I'll only solve it if I'm allowed to keep messing with it for the lifespan of the universe.

Spoiler

Luckily, there's a guide for it over on the wiki! Good luck with the rest of the game!

Edited by thalassophobic

2 minutes ago, thalassophobic said:

Reveal hidden contents

Luckily, there's a guide for it over on the wiki! Good luck with the rest of the game!

Bless those who still can math.

Okaaaaaay, I think I may have completely screwed up? When the guards were chasing me I was able to get away from them, and now I've wondered around shops and stuff and have gotten no puzzles or anything like the wiki mentions (or this thread). Is there a way to get to the puzzles if you get away from the guards? Is there a way to start over?

PAST TREATS!! :nyan: I'm so excited for the chance to finally complete my collections from previous years! And along with everyone else, I love the new treats divider so much.

The game looks really neat too. I need a map! XD Don't want to miss anything! Is there anything to interact with in the desert, or is it just walking till the city shows up?

Also: I see there are puzzle solutions on the wiki, but nothing about the characters we interact with. Is it appropriate to compile and add a list of NPCs? Does unique lore from each Tale go anywhere? (Asking because that stuff is my catnip and I have a mighty need to write it down anyway, just wondering if it'd be an appropriate wiki addition.)

Edited by infiniteviking

10 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Okaaaaaay, I think I may have completely screwed up? When the guards were chasing me I was able to get away from them, and now I've wondered around shops and stuff and have gotten no puzzles or anything like the wiki mentions (or this thread). Is there a way to get to the puzzles if you get away from the guards? Is there a way to start over?

um what do you mean got away? they're 

Spoiler

supposed to throw you in jail and you escape and Then you wonder the town. if you're at that stage you just gotta find the right screen.

Just now, Tinibree said:

um what do you mean got away? they're 

Hide contents

supposed to throw you in jail and you escape and Then you wonder the town. if you're at that stage you just gotta find the right screen.

I escaped from them... TWICE

Just wander around and go to the museum and then go where the curater tells you to.

9 minutes ago, infiniteviking said:

The game looks really neat too. I need a map! XD Don't want to miss anything! Is there anything to interact with in the desert, or is it just walking till the city shows up?

A few goats, nothing that will affect your game play.

Do we have to do the temple puzzles in order? I started with the Mastermind one behind the rightmost door, got the combination right with very few tries, but then the cave filled with fog and there was a message "Something went wrong." and the game got stuck...

I'm using the guide and I'm still having trouble with this game. XD Honestly these types of games are my least favorite. I can't seem to get anywhere and it's becoming more & more FRUSTRATING! And knowing that I can't even get a badge for trying makes it suck all the more. :( 🥺🥺🥺

3 minutes ago, kiramaru7 said:

I'm using the guide and I'm still having trouble with this game. XD Honestly these types of games are my least favorite. I can't seem to get anywhere and it's becoming more & more FRUSTRATING! And knowing that I can't even get a badge for trying makes it suck all the more. :( 🥺🥺🥺

What part are you stuck on?

9 minutes ago, Vain.3805 said:

I escaped from them... TWICE

Just wander around and go to the museum and then go where the curater tells you to.

I ended up seeing a guard again and finally getting caught, got through the sewers and am now wondering around town again, where IS the museum?? Where are the puzzles supposed to be? I just keep wandering around.

Just now, HeatherMarie said:

I ended up seeing a guard again and finally getting caught, got through the sewers and am now wondering around town again, where IS the museum?? Where are the puzzles supposed to be? I just keep wandering around.

I found the museum by going to the right

I didn't find any puzzles in the city

45 minutes ago, thalassophobic said:

Hide contents

THANK YOU!

Edited by Arella

...... Okay, I think I might be on the right track now. Found the museum.  This game is frustrating.

Nevermind, I found the guide on the wiki and finally got the thing done. Now for final thoughts and opinions. Well, I think the story is pretty interesting, plus the fact the ruins have a blend of Egypt and Greek/Roman statues and structures. Kind of based on Alexandra, Egypt? And the presence of dragons was nice, kind of funny with the Yellow-Crowned Dragon contemplating on which camel to eat (but does a good job of depicting these dragons in their natural environment). And then the little goats going here and there.

Unlike other people, I did not have too much of a problem with glitches, though I think at one point my game did freeze up. It was during the second puzzle with the orbs. Going back into the game fixed that issue.

But really, the event would have been good if the games were not so frustrating. The only one that is easy enough aside from maybe the cauldron are the shadow sneak. The point of a game is to challenge the players, but not make it difficult that many of them get frustrated enough to quick or have to seek help from outside sources. The fact that you can't get the bad with completing it sounds rather unfair, like give people something for the time and effort.

Anyway, it was...okay. Maybe a 5/10 for me. But I am more curious about the lore that could be told of this Lost City. Like who were the people that used to live here? Why was it abandoned? Did the Lich King come in and take over, killing the population and holing up in the ruins? Was it summoned?

11 minutes ago, Firebirdwyvern said:

But I am more curious about the lore that could be told of this Lost City. Like who were the people that used to live here? Why was it abandoned? Did the Lich King come in and take over, killing the population and holing up in the ruins? Was it summoned?

I'd suggest replaying the game. Explore more thoroughly and you may find some of the answers you seek ;) 

Finally had time to finish the game. I enjoyed it overall! The second cauldron puzzle and the runes were the only things I really had problems with and did not find fun at all. (Even after seeing the solution to the second cauldron, I still have no idea how the hints were supposed to help.)
I really enjoyed the art, the music, and the dialogue.

Okay, please help. I'm looking at the wiki pictures/explanation for the door puzzle, and I'm *not* seeing what it shows in the wiki? It looks like each of the four doors is supposed to have one of the symbols, so you can look at the symbols on those first tiles and figure stuff out? But I have no symbols by my doors!

image.png.2894cfc4d028a7ce8aed437b00410fcd.png

Whoa, I found something interesting near the palace! :D Sounds like we're not the only one sneaking in, out of, and around the city.....

Spoiler

Valkymere conversation secret.jpg

Btw, is the cyan-masked guard anywhere in the city? I can find the yellow-masked one and get them to chase me, but haven't seen the cyan-masked one outside the chase scenes so far.

Edited by infiniteviking
Putting the pic inside a spoiler tag just in case.

Alrighty, I am finally able to play the game now! ^_^ Yay! :D But now I'm stuck in the sewers, as in: the game freezes up on me there. There's nowhere for me to go but left, and my character freezes up there and doesn't move on to the next "field/room". :(