TJ09

2020-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

Does anyone have like, a tip on how to approach the rune puzzle?  I mean, I don't want to just copy the right answer.  I'd like to figure it out for myself, but I can't think of how to think about it, if that makes any sense...

1 minute ago, Odeen said:

Your pattern can include more than one orb of each color.

My first one actually had three of the same colour!

15 hours ago, Marrionetta said:

Let's get SPOOPY

And get old treats while we're at it! YASSS!

3 minutes ago, Odeen said:

Your pattern can include more than one orb of each color.

My current result is three orange dots and a blank but my game isn't finished.  According to the wiki that means it's not needed, so why has the task not finished?

1 minute ago, quinney said:

My current result is three orange dots and a blank but my game isn't finished.  According to the wiki that means it's not needed, so why has the task not finished?

DM me a screenshot of your puzzle (with your guesses visible by interacting with the altar) and I'll help :3

2 minutes ago, Morphie said:

Anybody known the second cauldron combo? 

Spoiler

Jester Venom > Sacred Leaf > Azure Scale > Cinna Root > Puffball > Sun Blossom

4 minutes ago, Kelkelen said:

Does anyone have like, a tip on how to approach the rune puzzle?  I mean, I don't want to just copy the right answer.  I'd like to figure it out for myself, but I can't think of how to think about it, if that makes any sense...

Radial symmetry is very helpful to actually solving the puzzle. So if you click row 1, col 3, try to also click row 4, col 2 to maintain the symmetry. Working in pairs of moves helped me a lot.

4 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Radial symmetry is very helpful to actually solving the puzzle. So if you click row 1, col 3, try to also click row 4, col 2 to maintain the symmetry. Working in pairs of moves helped me a lot.

Thank you!  I'll give that a shot.

29 minutes ago, Lagie said:

For some reason this year, you have to make it through the entire game to get the badge.

Reveal hidden contents

Interact with the lock, then go down the drain in the bottom right.

well darn, I'll never make it then, not a gamer and probably won't even bother with it again

sad  being required to play--

6 minutes ago, Odeen said:

DM me a screenshot of your puzzle (with your guesses visible by interacting with the altar) and I'll help :3

Tried, but although I clicked to print screen, nothing seems to have happened. Tried to copy, tried to paste to a DM, but nothing happened. Not to worry, I'll call it a day for now I think and get back tomorrow. Thanks anyway.

46 minutes ago, Guillotine said:

A game that they knew the release date of well in advance. This isn't a game jam situation, they shouldn't be treating it like one, not without getting actually paid for it, and since the valk. tales games are all the same type of game, they shouldn't be building them from scratch and should have the time to refine the base engine, so seeing the same issues pop up over and over again with "small team of volunteers in record time" as the same excuse every time is a really bad sign from a labor perspective. e: like, browser bugs are one thing with a small team, "movement sucks in a game that's 90% walking" is quite another.

No-one says you have to play. You seem to feel the same way every time - so why do you bother ? I got stuck loads of times and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

And you know they don't get paid for any of this, so I still think we are lucky to have any games at all.

41 minutes ago, dragonpuck said:

do we have to get somewhere to get a badge this year, i am stuck in jail?

I think someone just told you how to get out. If not - 

Spoiler

Interact with the lock, and then go down the drain to the sewers

19 minutes ago, quinney said:

If you haven't found it yet - what i did was put up four of one colour, and if one was right switch out for three, then two, and so on, of another until I knew which orbs were the ones I needed, and then shuffled as required.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

So I entered my name and all I get is a black screen. None of the controls work.

UPDATE: It's working now. Weird...

Edited by Lady_of_The_Forest

1 minute ago, dragonpuck said:

well darn, I'll never make it then, not a gamer and probably won't even bother with it again

sad  being required to play--

I suspect those who don't make it may end up with a different badge ?

So, we don't get a badge unless we finish the game? There are people like me that truly try and truly suck at these types of games. :(

Ok I actually did all of the rooms this time and I'm STILL clueless. I've been at this for hours, about to give up 😭

Capture.PNG

Edited by Quasismiles

8 minutes ago, Cheystar said:

So, we don't get a badge unless we finish the game? There are people like me that truly try and truly suck at these types of games. :(

There was a game once where those who finished one way got one badge and those who did it another way got another. There was also one where people who picked the selfish option somewhere got a lump of coal and those who didn't got a Christmas stocking.

I do wonder if those who don't complete will get a different badge. I really can't see TJ not awarding a badge to anyone who has taken part. That would be a first.

16 minutes ago, Cheystar said:

There's a participation badge that I got ^^ (the Trick-or-Treat one) but it seems for now the badge is just for those who've completed it, which really stinks
but if you'd like to give it a shot, here's a guide that helped me out a whole lot ^^
https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Currently_Being_Released#Puzzle_guide

I repeat - I bet everyone who tried WILL get a badge at the end.

is there a certain tehnique to how many times you gotta attack\defend the lich? Maybe I'm just dumb but I can't get past it :c

Just now, ChickenNugger said:

is there a certain tehnique to how many times you gotta attack\defend the lich? Maybe I'm just dumb but I can't get past it :c

You only need to defend against his powerful attack. 

36 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

No-one says you have to play. You seem to feel the same way every time - so why do you bother ? I got stuck loads of times and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

And you know they don't get paid for any of this, so I still think we are lucky to have any games at all.

I think someone just told you how to get out. If not - 

Reveal hidden contents

If you haven't found it yet - what i did was put up four of one colour, and if one was right switch out for three, then tow, and so on, of another until I knew which orbs were the ones I needed, and then shuffled as required.

36 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:
  Reveal hidden contents

If you haven't found it yet - what i did was put up four of one colour, and if one was right switch out for three, then tow, and so on, of another until I knew which orbs were the ones I needed, and then shuffled as required.

Edited by quinney

Can we ask for help? What's with the runes on the wall, how to match them? I really don't know this game, please help! 🤕

Sorry, I'm messing up big time here.  I'm just going round in circles in the mine, It's just taking me back to previous tasks that I've done more than once. How to get out of it?

3 minutes ago, quinney said:

Sorry, I'm messing up big time here.  I'm just going round in circles in the mine, It's just taking me back to previous tasks that I've done more than once. How to get out of it?

Where are you at? In desert there are cacti foundation that points at left, like arrow, I hit that way.