TJ09

2020-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

Just now, random_dragon_collector said:

I just got my first old treat!  Looks to be from the year before I started (it's a 2017).  I'm interested to see if it stays that way and slowly tracks back, or if it's random.  What's super cool is that I now have the 2018 banner!  I've always hated that you don't have the banner from your first year!  Thanks for giving us the old treats, TJ!

All of the old treats I've got have been from 2019 (of which I had none) so I assume it starts from the latest year and travels back!

1 minute ago, Paintra said:

All of the old treats I've got have been from 2019 (of which I had none) so I assume it starts from the latest year and travels back!

That's what I suspected--thanks for the info! :)

after completing the rooms i tried to do the rune games. was ripping my hair out and thought maybe i had to redo all the rooms again or something. tried first door again for a long while before giving up and just went to the ext to complete the rest first.
apparently, my game glitched and didn't even give me the 2nd doors rune. right after walking in their was a cut scene of me getting it and then readying the rune puzzle. -.-

It would be nice to get Halloween 2013 trick or treats, I missed that event. (course i still actually have to get through 2020 still lol)

I just completed the event game. I loved the music and artwork. Thank you so much, everyone who worked on it! :D

Edit: I missed last year's Halloween, so I'm glad to see the treats from that event. :)

Edited by obelisk_light

i'm stuck

juat met the digsite crew and have some...stone tablets or something popped up? I cannot click on them, I cannot move gthem, I cannot use any buttons...I don't understand what I am supposed to do now

iamma be honest and say i didint like this years game as much as the other tales. their were so many glitches and although the pixel art was beautiful, it created a lot of eye clutter and useless space to explore for no reason (or be glitch stuck). especially the city when you have to find the museum. another little thing are spots on tiles that are slightly different then the rest. like that orange spot in the sewers. usually a random difference in the game tiles is a hint toward something to be looked at. but these were just random décor. this is also a problem with certain things like the jail grate blending a bit too much with its surroundings.

after a while i didn't want to explore or listen/ talk to NPCs i was just hoping i don't get weirdly stuck/ character disappears, or the other glitches people run into. some glitches had me redoing puzzles that then felt like a chore i had to slog through before a glitch fixed itself. the clues, mainly the doors are really wonky that doing this through trial and error was a nightmare.

for the orbs i think would have been a little better with a green for good placement and orange for half correct. orange at a first thought seems like a negative sign.

the few dialog i listened to was funny, but after a while i spammed skipped it all. after all this i have a headache and am glad i finally got the badge.

10 minutes ago, Thaliel said:

i'm stuck

juat met the digsite crew and have some...stone tablets or something popped up? I cannot click on them, I cannot move gthem, I cannot use any buttons...I don't understand what I am supposed to do now

you need to complete the rooms first and get all the tablets, before messing with the tiles in the middle.

Edited by reddof-f6

@reddof-f6 wait...the orb puzzle (mastermind) is different for each person?  I don't remember my winning combo...but I do know it wasn't all black orbs. XD  (pretty sure neither instance of the puzzle even had ONE black orb for me)

Anyway...I have now finished the story.  That was fun!  If a little tedious (looking at you, rune puzzle (lights out)).  Now I can concentrate on getting treats/breeding.

So I'm stuck on the orb puzzle, and it's the last one I need to complete before going back and redoing the cauldron room (I think?) and doing the patterns on the gate. The only problem is, I can't really figure out how to read the clues. I know yellow means that you have a color in the correct spot, but I'm not entirely sure which squares correspond to which orb. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Screenshot (65).png

Hei, I'm sure most posts are now about the game, and why not - but I just wanted to thank the artist who did the cupboard, its a darling! so, cool work!

Eal

That's cool you can get old treats again. Think I have them all, but this gives some hope for next year's Easter. I remember there being a data rollback in... 2011? Where lots of people lost progress on collecting eggs right before the event ended. Be nice to finally get those missing eggs.

6 minutes ago, azila said:

So I'm stuck on the orb puzzle, and it's the last one I need to complete before going back and redoing the cauldron room (I think?) and doing the patterns on the gate. The only problem is, I can't really figure out how to read the clues. I know yellow means that you have a color in the correct spot, but I'm not entirely sure which squares correspond to which orb. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Screenshot (65).png

the order of the hints (if I'm not mistaken) are this:

1 2 3 4  :  1 2

3 4

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

8 minutes ago, azila said:

Screenshot (65).png

yellow means correct orb in correct spot

white means correct orb BUT wrong spot.

nothing = you dont need this orb at all

and you can use orbs mutiple times.

your combination is:

Spoiler

white, white, black, blue

i think. <.<

Edited by reddof-f6

Guys, I'm going nuts. 

I can't get through the 4 doors. I keep getting bounced out. And all Avery keeps saying is "once more with feeling" and if he says it one more time I'm going to decapitate him. 

Why am I stuck?

Screenshot (11).png

4 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

Guys, I'm going nuts. 

I can't get through the 4 doors. I keep getting bounced out. And all Avery keeps saying is "once more with feeling" and if he says it one more time I'm going to decapitate him. 

Why am I stuck?

Screenshot (11).png

in the beginning room there are squares with patterns. each tile equals a door and which one you step through first.

Spoiler

first door = hollow diamond

sec door = hollow star

third = full diamond

forth = full star

1 minute ago, azila said:

@reddof-f6 

It was actually 

Hide contents

white, white, black, blue

But thank you for the advice!

yeah, realized a little after and changed my answer. XD

Edited by reddof-f6

13 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

Guys, I'm going nuts. 

Why am I stuck?

Screenshot (11).png

what I did for this one is record on a peace of paper which door I went through that didn't bounce me out and then went back through that one after starting over until I got the next one, etc. 

So basically, first room you have two doors: L and R

all other rooms with four doors were dubbed FL (far left) ML (middle left) MR (middle right) and FR (far right)

so the path I did on my paper looked like this at the end (spoilered since I don't know if it's the same for everyone or not) :

Spoiler

R > ML > MR > FR > MR > end

and

R > FR > FL > FR > FR > end

EDIT:  Ninja'd.  Guess I did it wrong, too. XD  Oh well, it did eventually work anyway. XD

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

8 hours ago, CrazyFinch said:

Successfully finished left doors several times and didn't receive runas. I think I'm dissappointed enough for killing so much time on it to stop here.

You have to walk back up into the sanctums to receive the runes.

Thanks for trying to explain it but I'm still lost. This is the scene before with the tiles if that helps. And Avery still isn't helping me. I thought after a few tries he is supposed to ask if you want to work together. At least he did the first time, but this second time around he just keeps saying "once more with feeling."

Screenshot (11).png

Screenshot (13).png

Okay, I'm pretty annoyed. I didn't realise that asking for Avery's assistance would just solve the puzzle for me. That's absolutely not what I wanted to do. Is there any way to reset it?

1 hour ago, reddof-f6 said:

yellow means correct orb in correct spot

white means correct orb BUT wrong spot.

nothing = you dont need this orb at all

and you can use orbs mutiple times.

your combination is:

Reveal hidden contents

white, white, black, blue

i think. <.<

Played mine like Mastermind and didn't know that yellow meant exactly the right spot.  Would've saved me time.  Ah well.  I still got it.

Also, for Jewel (pardon me I kinda screwed it up.  My thoughts are under the spoiler, but really don't need to be.  I wanted to hide your picture then somehow wound up deleting it out of my post so just...yeah.  Hope it helps.

Ah, they changed it.  So, by what you have, go through the right door, then try going through then door 1, door 1 again, door 2, door 2, and door 4.  I don't know if they're randomizing which of the two doors corresponds with which symbol (the right door can be either the empty diamond or the not empty star, for example.)

Edited by CopperPayne

Just collected the impostor crewmate. Calling everyone to an emergency meeting - I demand to know who made this treat! There is an artist among us.

(Translation: I love love LOVE it! Among Us is great and I love whoever made the relevant treat)

New shoes?
This already my favourite interaction in the whole game, thank you for putting that in 🤣

I. Am. Losing. It.

I am just angry at this point. The door I go through is second to the left. Then I have to go through it again. After that, all four doors restart me. I don't understand what I am doing wrong someone please help me I am terrible.

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 3.15.11 AM.png

7 minutes ago, Skelokey said:

I. Am. Losing. It.

I am just angry at this point. The door I go through is second to the left. Then I have to go through it again. After that, all four doors restart me. I don't understand what I am doing wrong someone please help me I am terrible.

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 3.15.11 AM.png

I found out you can "cheat" and solve it with Avery. Still frustrating and I think mine was bugged. I had four symbols that were filled tilted diamonds, and two hollowed tilted diamonds. The order would have meant I go through the second to the left door four times in a row. It only lets me go in at a max of three, then no other door after that point lets me through.