TJ09

2020-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

Just now, Eggy0 said:

Idk whether I'm gonna play the story or not (and it appears to be quite the hot topic here), since I'm mostly here just for the treats! I'm loving the werewolf, the nautilus shell and the literal eye candy. And it appears my own treat has made it, too! Can't wait to collect them all :)

Ikr!! I'm loving the story, but the treats are the highlight of halloween on dragcave for me. The baby owls are my fav so far, the creepy *******s.

7 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Same here. Very frustrating to see all this excited talk about the game puzzles and not be able to do any of it! 

Agreed. If this doesn't eventually work it will be the first event I've never been able to participate in ☹️

Phew, got the badge. I hope it will be available just for participation. I think this is fair,cause event should be fun=)

I looove the owl hatchlings. Brilliant idea, and cute and shockingly accurate. Yes I love everyone else's too. 

Just a black screen once it loads for me, ver sad

Ah, it works when I switched from Chrome to Firefox

Edited by Vain.3805

Wow..I am really enjoying this game. The puzzles were a bit hard -especially the one with the orbs- but that is because I am not good with patterns but whatev's..it's really fun.

11 hours ago, Guillotine said:

Honestly if it was just one of my complaints that was an issue or this was the first year the Valkemarian Tales games had had serious playability issues I'd probably be less salty about it, but similar control issues have popped up in every single V. Tales game and it's very frustrating at this point.

Keep in mind this isn't a game made by a large studio - it's a handful of volunteers that did it from scratch in record time to bring it to ya'll. Have a little patience as we sort out the kinks :) The beautiful artwork put into it is really something!

10 minutes ago, Siaka said:

Trying to figure this one out too. Last one I need of the 4. 

I put all of the ingredients in, checked the wiki to make sure my order was correct, and nothing happens. I don't get a pass or fail type of text from the room. 

ahh I just finished the story!!! it was a lot of fun, and the first V.Tales I've done haha (I used to disappear from the site for months, missing lots of events ;p) and all I can say is I need Biscuit irl.

I keep getting stuck trying to figure out how to advance in the game.  Hopefully you don't have to reach a certain point in it to qualify for the badge.

Just now, Kaini said:

Keep in mind this isn't a game made by a large studio - it's a handful of volunteers that did it from scratch in record time to bring it to ya'll. Have a little patience as we sort out the kinks :) The beautiful artwork put into it is really something!

:) The artwork is, as always, beautiful! You guys do an amazing job. :D

23 minutes ago, kiramaru7 said:

How did you get the badge, Fuzzbucket?

I completed ! (To my rather great surprise !)

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the solutions to the door puzzles aren't as trial-and-error based as they seem - the tiles on the floor in the first room show the pattern, each tile corresponds to a door number (1, 2, 3, 4) including the two doors in the first room. It's just a matter of figuring out which tile corresponds with which door (& therefore you can use the first room to determine which tile means 1 or 2).

I only figured this out during the second door puzzle though, so I'd have to replay to be sure (& I'm not certain I want to start over just to test this).

Edited by eggod
clarity

3 minutes ago, Kaini said:

Just now, Lagie said:

:) The artwork is, as always, beautiful! You guys do an amazing job. :D

These two. Absolutely. It was tough - but what's the point of something offering no challenge at all ?

And the museum is good fun too.

2 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I completed ! (To my rather great surprise !)

It's a rather frustrating game, but at least the artwork is pretty. XD

44 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Quinney - can you show us a screenie of where you are ? I'm not sure if I was on the gold path - but I had to go through the nasties again, and then finally ended up back at those DAMN doors !

Now you've said that, I know to do the same.  Go through those nasties.  Dammit!

7 minutes ago, Echotuft said:

Oh, I had this happen on the second round, what fixed it was just closing and reopening the site.

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried that, but I still don't get a response. 

2 minutes ago, Siaka said:

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried that, but I still don't get a response. 

ah, im sorry it didn't work then 😕

9 minutes ago, Lord Voldemort said:

I still can't get out of the area with the blue head. What do I do???

The room with Lich in ? You have to defeat him.

11 minutes ago, Lord Voldemort said:

Are you talking about Lich? 

That's a really complex game to make completion mandatory to earn your badge.  Guess I didn't "participate" this year.

19 minutes ago, Lord Voldemort said:

The badge may show up on scrolls after the game ends.