TJ09

2020-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

1 hour ago, ViridianIgnis said:

Okay, I'm pretty annoyed. I didn't realise that asking for Avery's assistance would just solve the puzzle for me. That's absolutely not what I wanted to do. Is there any way to reset it?

Well at the end you can reset the whole game, dont think you can reset just the puzzle but

Spoiler

you do do all the puzzles a Second time

Anyone have a guide to the maze? When I get to the middle the guard doesn't seem to want to move. Is this a bug?

gLITCH.PNG

Edited by Hanelli

I ended up restarting the whole game just to try and figure out those doors that were apparently not random, and only after doing the puzzle twice did I manage to grasp that 

Spoiler

the tile symbols only correspond to numbers. It seems so obvious in retrospect based on what people posted on the wiki and all but for some reason I was operating under the assumption that the type of symbol was related to the stuff above the doors (pretty sure at least one more person mentioned this here before). So in my mind it was way more complicated like spikes = empty and double spikes = filled, then the shape would show if it was odd or even since there are two doors of each kind. The "hint" of only the strong willed will be granted entry didn't make things much better, as it implies you have to just keep trying, while this is technically solve-able from the first screen already. 

So my overall feedback for future reference is, don't make things needlessly complicated as it may lead people down the wrong track, and make sure the hints don't do that either. I am still glad this wasn't actually trial and error though.

Edit: @Hanelli if you mean the first maze, you have to take a completely different path earlier on, that part messed me up too for a bit.

Edited by MissK.

@MissK. do I have to go left first than right? (Yes I'm only on my first play through and I accidentally solved the far-right room before the middle-right room where the stupid maze is)

3 minutes ago, Hanelli said:

@MissK. do I have to go left first than right? (Yes I'm only on my first play through and I accidentally solved the far-right room before the middle-right room where the stupid maze is)

It doesn't matter which order you do the puzzles in so don't worry about that. You have to 

Spoiler

go up at the start which takes you left.

Edited by MissK.

I HATE THIS THING THAT DOESN'T WANNA MOVE! M O V E OUTTA THE WAY!!!

(yes, for the record I already went left when I restarted but it's a dead end!)

OTL.PNG

@Hanelli Ok here's some more detail, hope it helps.

Spoiler

At the start the left path is a short dead end, and you've tried the right, so go up, follow that path (which leads you to the left side of the maze map) then take the first way up, follow that for a few steps until you can go right, then follow that path and you'll end up on the other side of the creature you kept getting stuck on before. The exit should be a bit further up from that.

Edit: @CrystalDragon14 I think at least half the people were stuck there if it helps. For a solution check here.

Edited by MissK.

Okay so the wiki guide on how to complete the door puzzle doesn't seem to be right?

I'm on the second door puzzle. In my tile room it goes from top to bottom, left to right:

Spoiler

Star, filled diamond, diamond

Filled diamond, filled diamond, diamond.

This should mean, according to the wiki, that I go: 2, 3, 1, 3, 3, 1, yes?

But my correct doors so far have been: 3, 1, 3, ?, ?, ?

And my next door after that is not 1, even though it has the same symbol as a previous door 1.

I don't understand. My doors don't seem to correspond to the floor tiles. Someone help?

Edited by ViridianIgnis

@ViridianIgnis I believe the order you're using should include the door in the first room if that helps.

Edited by MissK.

So frustrated with the event this year.

First off, I can't get a CB Kohraki. I missed out on them last year because I was homeless and now having an impossible time trying to get one 😡 

Also, the game won't work on my phone so I haven't even tried it yet.

*edit*

A big thank you to those who have offered to help me get some eggs. I really appreciated it!

Edited by Twinstar

If you miss any CBs, then fill up your list with eggs for the new breed and trade them on the trading hub for any you've missed. That's what I did a couple of years ago.

So I've completed the game, and I was wondering if, if I replay it, there's any way to speak to the green and gold dragons in the cave? I think that's the only thing I missed if it's possible.

So, I finally beat the game and got my badge. I must say, some parts of the game were a bit frustrating (like the rune grid puzzle), and had I not have looked at this thread for some clues I wouldn't have been able to finish it. Anyways, the rest was quite enjoyable and fun (there were some glitches, like not being able to click the first row of the rune grid puzzle, or getting stuck running and not being able to move, but refreshing usually always solved them. Sprites, art and story were great and I had a bit of fun... it wasn't very long and that was a good thing too, a person with not much time on their hand can still manage to finish it in time. Phew, now off to collect some treats... have a good event, everyone! (:

My game is complete and I have the badge. No way on Earth could I have done it without a heck of a lot of help.  Thanks to Teez and Isudu, it finally clicked how to get past the runes, thanks to Odeen for trying to help, but me being technically challenged here, someone else stepped in.   Biggest thanks to Fuzzbucket, for her eternal patience with me!

I said the task sounded really scary in the first place, and true to Halloween, for me it was the stuff of nightmares!

Pretty Please can we have an easy one next year?!?!! 😄

I can't imagine the time and effort that went into that game. Big thank you to all creators! Best event for me ❤️

Hey TJ

Since your post that "fixed" being stuck on the map with the blue head, I've walked thru the map edge to the right, entered another map and POOF!!!  I am invisible and stuck.

This is most frustrating as I would love to be able to participate but can't because I am invisible and stuck.

Please help!!

2020-10-25_17-30-13.png.4b4f4bb9bdd3403a71a400c369f23c46.png

Just now, Pinch of StarDust said:

Hey TJ

Since your post that "fixed" being stuck on the map with the blue head, I've walked thru the map edge to the right, entered another map and POOF!!!  I am invisible and stuck.

This is most frustrating as I would love to be able to participate but can't because I am invisible and stuck.

Please help!!

2020-10-25_17-30-13.png.4b4f4bb9bdd3403a71a400c369f23c46.png

See this thread.

27 minutes ago, quinney said:

My game is complete and I have the badge. No way on Earth could I have done it without a heck of a lot of help.  Thanks to Teez and Isudu, it finally clicked how to get past the runes, thanks to Odeen for trying to help, but me being technically challenged here, someone else stepped in.   Biggest thanks to Fuzzbucket, for her eternal patience with me!

I am not patient. But I am LOGICAL, and I like playing Masternmind !

7 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I am not patient. But I am LOGICAL, and I like playing Masternmind !

Fair enough - thanks anyway!

hi i've been trying to do the rune puzzle for a. long time and i figured out that tapping a rune shifts the symbol of all the runes in its row and column but i am completely stuck on how to solve it :(

The game finally seems to be working for me, and OHMYGOD who made all the graphics?! All the statues and buildings and everything? Did they work on this for a year or something? It's amazing! So beautiful!  :wub:

Looking forward to finding all those puzzles people are talking about...  :D