TJ09

2020-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

I'm pretty sure I'm putting the ingredients in the cauldron correctly. 

Spoiler

Moonflower > Wormwood > Sacred Water > Jester's Cap > Magi Scale

But then nothing happens?

Just now, Emerald01 said:

I'm pretty sure I'm putting the ingredients in the cauldron correctly. 

Hide contents

Moonflower > Wormwood > Sacred Water > Jester's Cap > Magi Scale

But then nothing happens?

did you pick them up in that order?

I'm literally walking around this blue head, from every angle even on top of it, pressing both blue round buttons but not a single thing is happening.

Just now, Lord Voldemort said:

I'm literally walking around this blue head, from every angle even on top of it, pressing both blue round buttons but not a single thing is happening.

Weird. I fell into the room, got up and the program took me over there. I don't recall doing any walking myself in that room.

1 hour ago, Kaini said:

Keep in mind this isn't a game made by a large studio - it's a handful of volunteers that did it from scratch in record time to bring it to ya'll. Have a little patience as we sort out the kinks :) The beautiful artwork put into it is really something!

A game that they knew the release date of well in advance. This isn't a game jam situation, they shouldn't be treating it like one, not without getting actually paid for it, and since the valk. tales games are all the same type of game, they shouldn't be building them from scratch and should have the time to refine the base engine, so seeing the same issues pop up over and over again with "small team of volunteers in record time" as the same excuse every time is a really bad sign from a labor perspective. e: like, browser bugs are one thing with a small team, "movement sucks in a game that's 90% walking" is quite another.

2 hours ago, Pixxelation said:

The movement speed isn't that low, but if your computer is struggling a bit, it might slow down. I noticed movement speed was low on my phone until I turned the effects quality down via the menu in the top right––have you tried that, and has it helped at all?

Not really. The default movement speed is still too slow for the size of the areas. "Small" areas in this game are, like, 15+ player characters tall.

Edited by Guillotine

do we have to get somewhere to get a badge this year, i am stuck in jail?

6 minutes ago, kestralkitsune said:

afc00852d76bc3042e2082ae58db1760.png  

I'm stuck here, and don't know how to get pass anything

i've run into it from every angle, pressed enter to try to talk to it ...no response and I'm still stuck

Just now, dragonpuck said:

do we have to get somewhere to get a badge this year, i am stuck in jail?

For some reason this year, you have to make it through the entire game to get the badge.

Spoiler

Interact with the lock, then go down the drain in the bottom right.

6 minutes ago, kestralkitsune said:

afc00852d76bc3042e2082ae58db1760.png  

I'm stuck here, and don't know how to get pass anything

I have no idea how  you got here, likely a glitch :(

Players are actually not supposed to be able to get here, the head was supposed to be a super secret easter egg that no one could get to

Don't worry, the staff are aware about this glitch

1 minute ago, Dohaerys said:

Players are actually not supposed to be able to get here, the head was supposed to be a super secret easter egg that no one could get to

ah thank you! i am not sure how i got there XD

Just now, kestralkitsune said:

ah thank you! i am not sure how i got there XD

you can enjoy the privilege of seeing the super secret head in game unlike most players at least haha 😄

3 minutes ago, Dohaerys said:

many thanks for the info!  I'll wait for a fix.

And I'm done!

That was very fun, despite the initial freezing issues. 

I'll gladly play it again, especially seeing that I missed going to jail; apparently I'm just too smooth of a crook for the city guards 🎩 😏

oh dang, i didn't know you could actually succeed in running from the guards, i thought that was just a cutscene 😅

3 minutes ago, Quasismiles said:

Am I just an idiot? I have no clue what's going on with this puzzle.

Capture.PNG

you haven't completed all temples

Specifically, you haven't completed the 2nd door from the left

I know I'm a stupid idiot, but how can I get three out of four orbs right? Won't changing one still make three out of four?  Sorry, but this is how my brain works.

1 minute ago, quinney said:

I know I'm a stupid idiot, but how can I get three out of four orbs right? Won't changing one still make three out of four?  Sorry, but this is how my brain works.

Your pattern can include more than one orb of each color.

6 minutes ago, Dohaerys said:

you haven't completed all temples

Specifically, you haven't completed the 2nd door from the left

Ahh thank you 

Progress hadn't saved whoops

1 hour ago, eggod said:

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the solutions to the door puzzles aren't as trial-and-error based as they seem - the tiles on the floor in the first room show the pattern, each tile corresponds to a door number (1, 2, 3, 4) including the two doors in the first room. It's just a matter of figuring out which tile corresponds with which door (& therefore you can use the first room to determine which tile means 1 or 2).

I only figured this out during the second door puzzle though, so I'd have to replay to be sure (& I'm not certain I want to start over just to test this).

My issue with that was that the symbols weren't showing on the floor.  They were just...normal tiles.  Thankfully, a screenie on the wiki lined it up and I was able to figure it out but anyone else have that problem?  Blank floor tiles?

Edited by CopperPayne