TJ09

2020-06-27 - June Dragon Release

14 minutes ago, Lagie said:

The egg click lag seems to be a result of the cave having to pause and mull over the photofinish to see which mad clicker got there first. XD

Not sure about other times.

Yup, that's what it probably is! Most of the lag I'm getting is when clicking on the new eggs, like the site is having trouble deciding who clicked first. It's kind of amusing if you think about it that way.

17 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Any hidden BSA's if there are adults now?

No BSAs, not on my Staterae or new Xenos!

How come the encyclopaedia lists all  Xenos as available in all habitats, given that they all show as separate breeds ??

17 minutes ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

I dont think so, at least not from mine.

2 minutes ago, Paintra said:

No BSAs, not on my Staterae or new Xenos!

Dang. Oh well.

Edit:

1 minute ago, Fuzzbucket said:

How come the encyclopaedia lists all  Xenos as available in all habitats, given that they all show as separate breeds ??

Because

Because, because, that's why.

The same reason why Zyumorphs share one Encyclopedia despite all having separate biomes, different body types, and breeding true (as in they can't breed any other type of Zyumorph.)

Because because.

That's why.

[But in all seriousness, I have no idea why.]

Edited by Shokomon

Aha!!! They are available in the market for me now so I got a Staterae. 

Usually I use my shards to buy Fire Gems, since I love those, but I guess I'll be saving up for a Staterae now.

I went through and unlocked it ahead of time; for those who need to unlock them still, Daily Dragon Fix has many to click on in the "view" section, just be sure to open the eggs in a new tab.

Is it my imagination, or is the lag much, much worse than it was for the Birthday Release?  That was more dragons.  Of course they flooded for days...

Right now, though, you can't hunt, stalk the AP, breed, or do much of anything else.  Great release, great theme with the Xeno Anniversary and all... but wow, the cave is useless right now.

I don’t know if it’s been asked before, but will the original Xenos come back into the cave at all? I know I can buy them in the Market, but I just realized I only have one female CB Mageia and she just refused her destined mate.....

1 minute ago, Firedda said:

I don’t know if it’s been asked before, but will the original Xenos come back into the cave at all? I know I can buy them in the Market, but I just realized I only have one female CB Mageia and she just refused her destined mate.....

They're there--folks have already been unhappy when they nab an old one out of a biome instead of a new one.

Yes. I've caught two original xenos in my hunt for the new batch, so they're there, just fewer of them at the moment.

9 minutes ago, Firedda said:

It seems like people are either picking up all new xenos or all old ones lol. I picked up a few, all new, meanwhile i've seen others complaining they've picked up 5 old ones and no new ones. Extremely luck of the draw atm and I think the new ones are taking priority in the cave for the most part.

On 7/1/2020 at 5:38 PM, schmupti said:

I've not even seen a 'flow' egg, but I'm mostly okay with that - the indigo wyrm shall be my white whale. The Neglected kinda already is, but, eh, plenty of fish in the sea.

FROM HECK'S HEART I STAB A—oh! that's affordable!

Welp, market Staterae obtained to tide me over on hunt. Neat!

5 hours ago, RagaDal said:

I can't buy a Flow in the market place because the egg is locked. How do I study an egg I don't have? 😭 (There are NONE in the hatcheries right now, just hatchlings)

check your DM's

Recently picked up 5 old xeno's from AP...Everybody is all crazy for the new ones (so am I, to be fair)  that they're dropping bred old ones in the AP, and I'm snapping them up. XD (well, I was...until I got egglocked. XP )

First, I love all the Xenowyrms, the original releases to the new ones are just so amazing, amazing work for bringing these to us @birdzgoboom ! Cannot sing enough praise, they are incredible, I remember how much I wanted and loved the originals, and I've not only gotten originals from catching and/or market buying and/or gifting, but I have regifted ones myself (usually via Donations in Player Games/Events) and, frankly, everyone loves a CB Xeno, it doesn't matter which type it is. 

I have to admit my confusion about why I only got purple ones on my round to pick them up (the flow vs courses) of the Set Ancestor, I am delighted I decided to keep the 6 I got, so I got one from every biome (and I will still probably buy one from the market for the fun of it in time) and wasn't willing to trade a single one of those babies up even after it was announced they were "special" and then everyone wanted to catch them. I am now stocking up on the other Xenos! I want them all and at least two of each because I have to have a male and female of each. Which makes me wonder if I am also going to need a Male/Female from each Biome for the Ancestor, but I think that might be pushing it a bit far as that might take awhile, but these dragons are worth taking the time and doing it right, and it is fun to collect over time too I don't need everything all this second.

For those who know me, and have known me especially over the past year, I have been very busy with Digital minimalism and focusing on much more important irl stuff and tasks and habits and whatnot. Which meant DC time got cut back a ton, and while I'm always still around, I am just around so much less and I didn't mind. But wow did this release suck me back in. Fortunately, now it is a Holiday Weekend so I will be spending some of that time doing more hunting!! I will even be doing swapping and trading and such, which is something people generally know me for NEVER doing these days except barely here and there if I feel something warrants it. Mostly I just want to gift things to good homes or as fun prizes for people in Games/Raffles run by Players.

So for the Fifth Anniversary, the fact the dragons are amazing, I love the Xenos from the start and am over the moon to have more to balance out all the elements, I just had to not only be pulled back into the game for a bit, but I decided this release was worth buying the No Ads $5 option for the month. I mean..... you all earned that and it was a really fun time with the mystery and all the work even when I wasn't able to tune in as much as I'd have liked for the original release because I was busy with work. But now I have the weekend off, and I will be spending more time on here than I have spent in a LONG time, and I felt that deserved a contribution. No I'm not bragging or telling other people to do this. I used to do that more regularly, but I did it a lot less and stopped when I really dropped off in playing. Plus, while I'll be doing tons of other things this weekend to be productive and moving forward and progressing in my life goals and such as I have 3 days off to enjoy and make some useful use of that time.... I will still be here a TON more than I would on most weekends. It also helps that last weekend my A/C died so I spent that mostly lying in bed listening to Audio books until we got one of the last A/C units in our area to install Sun Eve. It was so much fun I had to take Monday off and had to go home early one day last week from work because I just had heat sickness coupled with migraine nausea, ick! So yes, I am super sensitive to computers and various inputs (especially visual, so much visual), which is a BIG deal for me. Even with all the tinted glasses and heavily warm light on my computer. Just yikes! You did amazing work, and it was so good you sucked me in and that I felt deserved not only a personal thank you, but also a site donation of sorts. I am just one of those who likes to pay for my content I enjoy when I can and when I use it a lot. There is nothing wrong for those who cannot. One of the best things you can do is be a positive force for helping encourage and participate and be part of the active player community in the ways that best suit you. You do you, just try to be positive with it, as that will encourage others, uplift them to get and stay more involved, and that ripples out into more people staying involved, retaining people longer, and keeping people interested and enjoying this place. There is no price on that value you add even if it is just something little. Everything matters and everything counts. So play in the way that you feel best helps contribute to that and you have paid the game back immensely more than just money once in awhile if at all.

I also caught my first silver EVER in my 11 or so years of playing. I've bought plenty from the market, have been gifted many, and won some in various player prizes, gifts, raffles, etc. But I CAUGHT A SILVER!!!! I mean, I could not trade her away even though Darn I want those Xenos. I am patient, but there is something special about things you caught yourself, and sometimes, you gotta keep that and let it be special so YAY and I'm happy to also have had that Yay I caught a rare metal to add to my accomplishment list. 

So Thank you a bunch, that was a long ramble, but I really had  a great time, and will continue to have a great time, and will be around more for a bit as much as I can be while still keeping my life balance in check and my priority, and thank you for gifting us with these lovely things and thank you to all the spriters, admins, mods and more who help put these things together every month, every day, and keep this forum and game going onward and upward with new and interesting things. Thanks so much, it matters and you all are appreciated always!

Got a CB male and female of all the new biome variants, yay! Haven't seen any Staterae yet, though. 

This release is such an amazing surprise!! Thank you Birdz for such stunning creations. ❤️

The xenos have always been my favorite dragons/part of dragcave and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this release!

Thank you!!

Edited by coo_

7 hours ago, random_dragon_collector said:

2 on my scroll--same as my forum name. :)

Thank you!

1 hour ago, VioletWhirlwind said:

Recently picked up 5 old xeno's from AP...Everybody is all crazy for the new ones (so am I, to be fair)  that they're dropping bred old ones in the AP, and I'm snapping them up. XD (well, I was...until I got egglocked. XP )

I purposely dropped a bunch of bred ones to share the wealth. I have at least 2 of the old ones so if I got an old egg, I let it go, assuming I could get another. The only one I saved was a bred Umbra which came from Linshere/Thalassa pairing! Once my new ones grow up in a few hours, I'll be breeding more. 

Edited by RagaDal

Wow! It kind of blew my mind reading that it's been five years since the Xenowyrms were originally released. It seriously doesn't feel like that long. :o I love the new additions! Thanks Birdz and TJ! 

Well, @birdzgoboom, you put out some lovely creatures, again!  I wasn't sure how I felt about the desert variant as an egg, but when it hatched, I was excited to see what it would grow into.  You did not disappoint.  :)   One small problem, though...Chronos have been, and remain, my favorite.  In my quest for new xenos, I got a needed CB Chrono, so all is well.  Thank you for your gift, and thank you, TJ!  

*Off to decide if can part with 1200 shards for a straterae...*